PDA

View Full Version : Pop Show 5/3/06

Manu20
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Pop will be on in a few minutes.

http://www.ticket760.com/main.html

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
So far Pop has just said that Tony was hurt in the first quarter last night, but played through it. He took a knee to the thigh and if they had to play today that Tony couldn't. They hope he'll be fine by Friday.

When I saw Tony after the game, he had a very bad limp.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Pop said that Manu played better last night because of familiarity and because the Spurs had much better ball movement.

Now Pop is laughing at how they held down Bonzi last night. :lol And saying that there's not much they can do when he's stepping back and shooting 3's.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:46 PM
He's saying that NVE did a great job last night as a floor leader in the minutes that Tony sat.

Vex asked him about going zone. Pop said that they tried it twice last night and that they got burned badly. It's just not what they are about.

Someone asked why Nazr didn't play. Pop is saying when they go small, they just don't have the minutes for four bigs and that Nazr is the odd man out.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Someone asked why Nazr didn't play. Pop is saying when they go small, they just don't have the minutes for four bigs and that Nazr is the odd man out.

Well that's . . . diplomatic.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
A couple dumb questions before the break. Now they are on commercial.

People can listen on Ticket760.com.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Someone asked why Timmy doesn't shoot the bank that much anymore. Pop said he's just not comfortable with it right now.

greyforest
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
here's what i want to know about timmy...when he gets the ball by the paint and there's one person defending him, why does he *always* have to dribble 2 or 3 times before turning around and shooting?

if he would just catch it and immediately go to the hole then he wouldn't get doubled or tripled. he makes them anyway most of the time, but its just weird that he has this habit of dribbling before doing an easy bucket over someone.

1Parker1
05-03-2006, 05:34 PM
So far Pop has just said that Tony was hurt in the first quarter last night, but played through it. He took a knee to the thigh and if they had to play today that Tony couldn't. They hope he'll be fine by Friday.

When I saw Tony after the game, he had a very bad limp.

That sucks. Hopefully it's nothing major. He seemed fine in the 3rd and 4th quarters yesterday :)

ploto
05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Straight from the horses mouth. Last night the bigs only played a combined 65 minutes- even Tim only played 36 minutes. I think that the small line-up simply works better with either Tim or Rasho as the lone big. Pop is even choosing that option over Horry in the fourth quarter!!

leemajors
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM
That sucks. Hopefully it's nothing major. He seemed fine in the 3rd and 4th quarters yesterday :)

probably just tightened up when he got a chance to sit and cool down.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 05:54 PM

Apparently it happened in one of the first couple plays of the game, but he just decided to tough it out. He was noticably limping in the 4th and then even worse when I saw him in the hallway when he was leaving. I'm sure he'll be fine by Friday though.

usckk
05-03-2006, 05:57 PM
:(

zocool16
05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
its over right?

J.T.
05-03-2006, 06:16 PM
On Tony, sounds to me like one of those shakeup injuries that stays with you about a day and then you're fine. If he was able to play thru it, it's nothing to be worried about.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Manu took weeks to come back from a bruised thigh. But you are right, I expect Tony to be fine by Friday.

zocool16
05-03-2006, 06:18 PM
so its over right? ...

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
so its over right? ...

Yeah it's just a half hour show.

Bruno
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I don’t think I will be practicing tomorrow morning. Nonetheless, it won’t keep me from playing Friday.

1Parker1
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Manu took weeks to come back from a bruised thigh. But you are right, I expect Tony to be fine by Friday.

:lol Yea, I was thinking it sounded like a typical Manu injury. Hope El Contusion isn't contagious. :oops

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
:lol Yea, I was thinking it sounded like a typical Manu injury. Hope El Contusion isn't contagious. :oops

Fortunately, we know that Tony has the benefit of some good TLC waiting for him at home. :p