PDA

View Full Version : Wins - Losses

nzkickass
10-07-2004, 03:01 AM
How many will the Spurs win ?

im saying 61-21

and who will have the best record in the NBA ? Im saying the Spurs again. ;)

MVP - SHAQ (Or Sean Marks, depends how many mins pop gives him !! ;) )

Kori Ellis
10-07-2004, 03:16 AM
Spurs wins - 57.

pooh
10-07-2004, 03:31 AM
indy will get 58 wins to have best overall record. no team will get 60 wins this year.

Kaster
10-07-2004, 03:54 AM
Even though the Spurs should be the best team in the league, I say "only" 56. The West is so ridiculously deep that I can't believe any team in the conference will get more than about 56. No one is getting 60 in the West, and I even see the Pistons and Pacers having trouble getting 60.

As I predicted before, Spurs should win the title this season over the Pistons in 6 games, barring unforeseen injuries and such.

xcoriate
10-07-2004, 04:13 AM
I agree with Kaster, the west is so deep this year, and the east is no slouch amongt the top competitors. I'm saying 56

smeagol
10-07-2004, 07:08 AM
I hate to agree with Kaster, but I do. 56 wins sounds reasonable. Hope TD and company prove me wrong.

Needless to say I also agree with his champion prediction.

polandprzem
10-07-2004, 07:18 AM
59wins- best record in NBA plus Tim gets MVP of the seson All Star game and the finals.
Has someone sad I'm optimistic?

SpursFanInAustin
10-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Spurs 62-20.

HollywoodKobe
10-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Spurs 63-19. Then 16-2 in the playoffs. They are going to so good this year it's scary. They have no challengers in the West. Lakers are crap. Kings are a bunch of Queens. Twolves are pretenders. Rockets are overrated. The Mavs are the Mavs. Does anyone else matter?

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2004, 10:39 AM
daaaaaaaamn HK...

I always suspected you were a closet Spurs fan but NEVER expected you to become a full fledged homer... :rollin

HollywoodKobe
10-07-2004, 02:44 PM
I just call them as I see them Cowboy. Spurs should've won last year if it wasn't for some sort of divine intervention or whatever happened. Now that the ZenMaster is gone, there will be no more divine intervention except for the few games where Kobe hits a last second shot for a big win against the Clippers to keep the Lakers ahead in the battle for biggest loser team in Los Angeles.

The Spurs are loaded. Parker is ready to claim his throne as best Point Guard in the league. I heard he learned how to shoot in the off-season. Duncan will be hungrier than a starving Polar Bear in the middle of winter. Manu will have a breakout year as he strikes a balance between his reckless abandon style of play and his tremendous skill level.

The West is not deep. It sucks. Don't let anyone say anything different. The Lakers are worse. The Queens are worse. The Rockets aren't that good. They gave up too much for Tmac. The Grizzlies won't repeat last year's performance. The Suns suck. The Jazz blow. The Clippers are the Clippers. The Garnetts had their chance last year. The Hornets have a fat point guard. Golden State has a college coach. The Blazers and Sonics should just combine their teams into one Northwest team called "The Pile of garbage." And lastly, Dallas has no clue. That team is as tired as a tweaker on a 3-week meth binge.

The East is way better and it happend so fast that most of you don't even realize it's happened yet. The Spurs are more disciplined, more skilled, deeper, more experienced, younger, faster and just plain better than their sorry Western counterparts.

60 wins would be underachieving.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
indy will get 58 wins to have best overall record. no team will get 60 wins this year.

I don't know if I can handle another year of hearing Poohp spout off about his Pacers 24/7. :bang

Spurs win 59. :)

Sportcamper
10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
We should save these posts...The Spurs may be the favorites but the Lakers will be battling in the playoffs this year with a lean...mean...athleticism few teams will be able to match...

Long gone are the days of big fat guys huffing and puffing down court...I applaud Dr Buss for taking command of this team & getting rid of the back bitters...

The Lakers are a cohesive unit now with one mindset...I get goose bumps just thinking about the upcoming season....Bring it on!!! :elephant

HollywoodKobe
10-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Long gone are the days of big fat guys huffing and puffing down court...I applaud Dr Buss for taking command of this team & getting rid of the back bitters...

Yeah, I agree with that. Shaq's act was getting old and there's no way they could rebuild with his unreasonable salary demands. And they did have to rebuild since they haven't won it all in two years. They will have a better attitude and they'll probably overachieve, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

As for the Spurs though, the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned. If they crash and burn, all the better.

Marcus Bryant
10-07-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd say 60-22. There's a bit more parity in the West this year. Once you get past the Spurs and Minnesota, the rest of the West is wide open.

I think Dallas, Sacto, and Houston could easily not live up to the hype this season. Phoenix and Utah will fare much better than a lot of prognosticators expect.

spursfaninla
10-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Sports camper, where did you get "Back biter" ? Thats a WAY old school term.

Anyway, Lakers are going to BLOW. They will have no post scoring, which has proven pretty important for 95% of the teams in league history...

Spurs win 59, Detroit wins 61, as does Indy, they fight it out on tie breaks. spurs beat out minny by 2 games for top in the west.

ShoogarBear
10-07-2004, 04:27 PM
My bold prediction:

Wins = (82 - Losses)

exstatic
10-07-2004, 04:41 PM
61-21

1Parker1
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
81-1 :)
You think I'm being overly optimistic?

Medvedenko
10-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Hollywood Kobe: You're a retard. Do watch the NBA, do you know what teams are out West.

exstatic
10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
The West ain't what it once was. The Lakers lost ground, the kings, the Mavs, too. I think you have a whole bunch of good teams, but few great ones. In years past the top 4 in the West, maybe even top 5-6, were better than anyone in the East. Not so, anymore.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2004, 07:47 PM
58 wins.

Brodels
10-07-2004, 08:10 PM
56 Wins.

timvp
10-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Barring injuries this season, I think the Spurs are going to be very successful. I like the mix and if Pop sticks with Malik and Devin in the rotation ... this could be a powerful group.

I need to see how they gel in a couple preseason games, but as of now it is looking like a 60 win season.

HollywoodKobe
10-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Hollywood Kobe: You're a retard. Do watch the NBA, do you know what teams are out West.

Yes, Medvedenko I'm retarted. I've read some of your posts and I came to the conclusion that I'd rather be retarted than be normal and write some of the stuff that you post. At least I have an excuse. What's yours? The only thing I like about you is your alias because it's so appropriate. Your posts are soft and so is Slava.

timvp
10-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Cool.

What's better than two Laker fans fighting on a Spurs board? That's when you know Shaq got traded.

:smokin

T Park
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
60 wins isnt out of the realm of possibility.

Sacramento, Dallas, LA, and others are not the teams they used to be and will fall considerably.

Utah, Phoenix will rise back to prominance, along with Portland.

Its gonna be early mid 90'sish kinda lookin season the way its shaping up.

portland, phoenix, Utah, San Antonio, and others being good.

But the Spurs are far and away the class of the west, and if they gel like they usually do, there isnt a team to stop them in the west.

The only thing standing in there way to a NBA title is injuries, and players not fulfilling low expectations.

Brodels
10-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Sacramento, Dallas, LA, and others are not the teams they used to be and will fall considerably.

That may be true, but I wouldn't count out Sactown and Dallas. Sactown lost Divac, and although he was a key cog in their offense, they might benefit from some defensive-minded players on the bench. They will have a healthier Webber and everyone else coming back. They'll be pretty good.

It's hard to know what will happen in Dallas. If they stay healthy, play more defense, and have good chemistry they will be a threat to the Spurs.

But the Spurs are far and away the class of the west, and if they gel like they usually do, there isnt a team to stop them in the west.

Eh? What about Minny? They had a better regular season record and did better in the playoffs last season, and they didn't lose anything significant. If they can stay healthy, they'll pose a serious challenge to the Spurs. The Spurs aren't "far and away" better than a healthy Minnesota team. If you think otherwise, you just didn't pay very much attention last season.

Man In Black
10-08-2004, 11:12 PM
I just call them as I see them Cowboy. Spurs should've won last year if it wasn't for some sort of divine intervention or whatever happened. Now that the ZenMaster is gone, there will be no more divine intervention except for the few games where Kobe hits a last second shot for a big win against the Clippers to keep the Lakers ahead in the battle for biggest loser team in Los Angeles.

The Spurs are loaded. Parker is ready to claim his throne as best Point Guard in the league. I heard he learned how to shoot in the off-season. Duncan will be hungrier than a starving Polar Bear in the middle of winter. Manu will have a breakout year as he strikes a balance between his reckless abandon style of play and his tremendous skill level.

The West is not deep. It sucks. Don't let anyone say anything different. The Lakers are worse. The Queens are worse. The Rockets aren't that good. They gave up too much for Tmac. The Grizzlies won't repeat last year's performance. The Suns suck. The Jazz blow. The Clippers are the Clippers. The Garnetts had their chance last year. The Hornets have a fat point guard. Golden State has a college coach. The Blazers and Sonics should just combine their teams into one Northwest team called "The Pile of garbage." And lastly, Dallas has no clue. That team is as tired as a tweaker on a 3-week meth binge.

The East is way better and it happend so fast that most of you don't even realize it's happened yet. The Spurs are more disciplined, more skilled, deeper, more experienced, younger, faster and just plain better than their sorry Western counterparts.

60 wins would be underachieving.

Shit that was funny and...MOSTLY- SPOT ON.

E20
10-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Is HollywoodKobe being sarcastic or what?

My prediction for the record is:

61-21

LakerGod
10-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Not so fast the Spurs won't win 60 games.

My prediction and likely outcome:

Spurs win:

54-28

Houston and Minnesota will win more games then the Spurs:

Minny 59-23
Houston 57-25

Jimcs50
10-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Spurs will win 57 games

slayermin
10-10-2004, 05:07 AM
If the Spurs don't have more than 10 games lost to injury from their starters, they are a lock for 60 wins.

I am optimist and a homer. The Spurs stay healthy and win 64.

MI21
10-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Somewhere between 54-56 me thinks.

I expect Tim and Manu to struggle with fatigue sometime during the season leading to a few more losses than usual.

baseline bum
10-11-2004, 02:20 AM
64-18

LakerGod
10-11-2004, 03:16 AM
64-18
:lmao

Duff McCartney
10-11-2004, 03:42 AM
They had a better regular season record and did better in the playoffs last season, and they didn't lose anything significant.

Yes they did....time.

I say the Spurs win 61.

whottt
10-11-2004, 04:57 AM
With health...65+ wins. This is not your Daddy's Spurteam. It can run, it can shoot, it can pass, it is smart, it is tough, it is young, it is experienced, it is physical, it is talented, transition or half court, bring it on....and it will play some very physical D.

Oh, and it knows it can win an NBA title and there aint no one that can stop them in the West.

Brent Barry is no fool, he saw what Kerr and SJax did when we won the title...there's a reason he came to SA. There's no mystery to it...we need him to hit big 3's and he wants that challenge, and probably all those open shots Duncan, and now Parker, will provide...

No confidence issues there...Barry wants it, Barry'll show up to play and he'll do a lot more than hit 3's. We have a rotation of near AS Guards...and we've got a ton of tough bench bigs. We've got the fastest player in the NBA, a two time MVP who is either 1 or 1A best player in the league. We have the best international basketball player in the world, the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and lurking deep on our bench the guy who probably has hit as many big and clutch playoff shots as anyone in NBA history...and he is looking for ring #6.

Pop, IMO for the first time ever, does not have to spend the first half of the season installing new starters and getting half the roster familiar with the system, and holding back on the transition game until the players master the D. The additions are few and most are high IQ, experienced players that will adapt easily. Even the rookies.

But more importantly, Tony Parker is in his 4th season, and anyone that saw games 1 and 2 VS LA knows that there is a monster in the making on the Spurs roster...and then there's that Manu guy, who went out and proved that it's no fluke when he keeps his team in games against 4 HOF'ers or an All NBA Team.

It's been a long time since the Spurs entered a season with this many returning players and not plugging in new starters(Manu was the starter last year, in spirit).

The only thing that stops this team is injury, and I don't really think that will stop them.

polandprzem
10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
:lmao

Lakers in the playoffs? :lmao

timvp
10-11-2004, 02:04 PM
With health...65+ wins. This is not your Daddy's Spurteam. It can run, it can shoot, it can pass, it is smart, it is tough, it is young, it is experienced, it is physical, it is talented, transition or half court, bring it on....and it will play some very physical D.

Oh, and it knows it can win an NBA title and there aint no one that can stop them in the West.

Brent Barry is no fool, he saw what Kerr and SJax did when we won the title...there's a reason he came to SA. There's no mystery to it...we need him to hit big 3's and he wants that challenge, and probably all those open shots Duncan, and now Parker, will provide...

No confidence issues there...Barry wants it, Barry'll show up to play and he'll do a lot more than hit 3's. We have a rotation of near AS Guards...and we've got a ton of tough bench bigs. We've got the fastest player in the NBA, a two time MVP who is either 1 or 1A best player in the league. We have the best international basketball player in the world, the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and lurking deep on our bench the guy who probably has hit as many big and clutch playoff shots as anyone in NBA history...and he is looking for ring #6.

Pop, IMO for the first time ever, does not have to spend the first half of the season installing new starters and getting half the roster familiar with the system, and holding back on the transition game until the players master the D. The additions are few and most are high IQ, experienced players that will adapt easily. Even the rookies.

But more importantly, Tony Parker is in his 4th season, and anyone that saw games 1 and 2 VS LA knows that there is a monster in the making on the Spurs roster...and then there's that Manu guy, who went out and proved that it's no fluke when he keeps his team in games against 4 HOF'ers or an All NBA Team.

It's been a long time since the Spurs entered a season with this many returning players and not plugging in new starters(Manu was the starter last year, in spirit).

The only thing that stops this team is injury, and I don't really think that will stop them.

Good post.

You hit on something that will be key this season. With the addition of Barry and the seasoning of Parker and Ginobili, the Spurs should have a very high basketball IQ on the perimeter. This has been lacking the last few years, with erratic players such as Hedo and Jack on the perimeter. While those two players can get hot from the outside, neither Hedo nor Jack would ever beat you with their brain.

I was all for bring Jack back but now that the Spus went with Barry, they've become a much smarter team and a much better passing team.

This will be one of the funnest teams in Spurs history to watch. The only thing that stops this team is if the shooters come up cold in the playoffs ... again. That is why I was for Jack and his killer playoff jumpshot. If Barry can bring that to the table in the playoffs, this team is going to be something special.

Sportcamper
10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
spursfaninla- Forgive my rudeness...I did not see your post...I guess I am a way old guy...

In any case the Lakers will be fine this year...They may not be The Detroit Pistons...But I applaud Dr. Buss for putting an end to this freak show...

The reality is that Shaquille is obsessed with his petty bickering...I wonder who the next "chump" will be in Miami?

It will be interesting to read Phil Jackson’s remarks in his upcoming book...I have a feeling that Kobe won’t be portrayed as such a bad guy after all...

LakerGod
10-12-2004, 04:07 AM
We shall see if Tim Duncan can get it done now that DRobinson is gone, that's all I can say for now...

fonzy16
10-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Spurs will win over 60 games. Not that the Spurs are much better than last year, but everybody else is gotten worse. Sac is falling appart, in Houston it will take some time Tmac and Yao figure out how to play together, Dallas has no PG and Rasho > all their C together. And LA, well... :lmao . Wolves? We can handle them.

W60

LakerGod
10-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Rashoooooooouuuoo Nesterooovviiichh

picnroll
10-12-2004, 05:36 AM
60. Sweep LA.

whottt
12-06-2004, 11:06 PM
bump...16-3

Extrapolate it Nikos

travis2
12-07-2004, 07:55 AM
65 wins.

I said it in another thread before the season and I'm sticking to it.

Jimcs50
12-07-2004, 09:25 AM
65 wins.

I said it in another thread before the season and I'm sticking to it.

yeah riiight :rolleyes

You also said you were straight and we all know how that turned out.

:)

whottt
12-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Extrapolate it Nikos!

I am feeling more positive about our chances now that Pop is no longer stupidly going with a 6 man rotation in big games...at least that's the trend lately...I still don't trust Pop 100% though...

RobinsontoDuncan
12-31-2004, 08:51 AM

long time no see, everyone was beginning to wonder if you got suspended for the rest of the season, i guess the arbitrator ruled in your favor huh?

ggoose25
12-31-2004, 09:20 AM
60 wins... easy

laker god, lets see if kobe can do it now that shaq's gone.

Rummpd
12-31-2004, 07:59 PM
63 the Sage = predicted within 1 game last 3 years.

This surging and dominant TEAM can easily get 39/52 games let to reach this and will even rest Duncan last game.

MadDoc

whottt
12-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Rump, Pop will not go into rest mode for more than 1 game. Pop is a big believer in momentum.

For that reason I believe we will win more than 63 games if healthy.

And this team has the capability, like last years team, to win big games even with Duncan or Manu getting rest.

Rummpd
12-31-2004, 09:57 PM
63 would be a hellava achievement in today's NBA and I would be happy with it as long as it ensures first seed.

MadDoc

juncan
01-02-2005, 06:47 AM
65-17

Rummpd
01-02-2005, 08:59 AM
indy will get 58 wins to have best overall record. no team will get 60 wins this year. - Pooh

If Pacers win more than Spurs this year I will be impressed by that team - truth simply ain't going to happen.

Spurs win total will be 63.

The Sage (MadDoc)

whottt
02-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Bump for the Writer

Extrapolate after the next win Nikos!

TDfan2007
02-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Again LakerGod proves why he is a straight up dumbass!!!

dude... the lakers(some shitty record) are gonna meet the spurs (62-20 or better) in the first round and are gonna get raped like Kobe raped that hotel girl.

That is... if the Fakers even make it to the playoffs

btw LakerGod :flipoff

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
BumpDumper

whottt
04-21-2005, 12:59 PM
59wins- best record in NBA plus Tim gets MVP of the seson All Star game and the finals.
Has someone sad I'm optimistic?

polandprzem, HelicopterJones and SFINLA are the only guys that correctly predicted the W-L total. Do they get spurs?

My prediction of 65+ wins looks kind of silly now...but I did add the qualifier "with health". I also nailed the fast start and the reasons for it...What I didn't nail was Pop's desire for closer games and experimental tendencies when off to a quick start. 59 wins and Duncan missing 15 games? And the Spurs being very unhealthy and having nothing to play for at the end? Damn...

Other bright spots...

Due to the Spurs winning 59 games, we will never again have to listen to Rump refer to himself in 3rd person as "the sage" and jock himself on his prognostication abilities. He's done!

For that reason alone I am glad the Spurs underachieved this season...Small favors...

boutons
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
"My prediction of 65+ wins looks kind of silly now"

Of course it doesn't, the Spurs were fully capable of 65, until Tim, Rasho, Manu got hurt, multiple times.

Suns got 63 only because they had less hurt.

MadDog73
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Ed Helicopter Jones and Spurfaninla also got it right, no?

I don't know if I can handle another year of hearing Poohp spout off about his Pacers 24/7. :bang

Spurs win 59. :)

Sports camper, where did you get "Back biter" ? Thats a WAY old school term.

Anyway, Lakers are going to BLOW. They will have no post scoring, which has proven pretty important for 95% of the teams in league history...

Spurs win 59, Detroit wins 61, as does Indy, they fight it out on tie breaks. spurs beat out minny by 2 games for top in the west.

whottt
04-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah I guess they did...

polandprezm
Helicopter
SFINLA

All picked 59 wins...props to them.

polandprzem
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I do not see the Spur yet.

Well nobody told it will be. (or someone?)

yes I predicted 59. But now I know they could go for this 65 wins. But nothing is perfect. Injuries and stuff.

Now I am predicting 16-4

Duff McCartney
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
We should save these posts...The Spurs may be the favorites but the Lakers will be battling in the playoffs this year with a lean...mean...athleticism few teams will be able to match...

The Lakers are a cohesive unit now with one mindset...I get goose bumps just thinking about the upcoming season....Bring it on!!! :elephant

Haha...talk about the stupidest post of the year.

MadDog73
04-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I bet Sportcamper did get goosebumps... but not for the reason he expected :hang