PDA

View Full Version : Ashcroft's War Against Downloaders

Nbadan
10-07-2004, 03:46 AM
NEW YORK -- The Justice Department next week will launch its most aggressive crackdown on intellectual property theft, Attorney General John Ashcroft said Wednesday.

Ashcroft told a conference of prosecutors that the department response to intellectual property theft "must be as forceful and aggressive and successful as our response to terrorism and violent crime and drugs and corruption has been."

snip.......

Ashcroft did not reveal further details, saying only that the program includes "new investigative resources" and "new prosecutorial tools."

Newsday (http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-brf-ashcroft-intellectual-property,0,5344568.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines)

Well, so far the Patriot Act has led to the conviction of 0 terrorists in the U.S., but we'll get those illegal downloaders!

Useruser666
10-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Newsday (http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-brf-ashcroft-intellectual-property,0,5344568.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines)

Well, so far the Patriot Act has led to the conviction of 0 terrorists in the U.S., but we'll get those illegal downloaders!

I hate the MPAA, the RIAA, Asscraft, and the term "intellectual property".

IcemanCometh
10-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Ashcroft told a conference of prosecutors that the department response to intellectual property theft "must be as forceful and aggressive and successful as our response to terrorism and violent crime and drugs and corruption has been."

we got nothing to worry about then

exstatic
10-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Fucking assclowns. One thing I have noticed since they were embarrassed in their case against Kazaa by having most of their evidence thrown out for using Kazaa Lite: An awful lot of people are no longer making it easy for them, by either using the default username (defaultuser@KaZaA or KazaaLiteK++@KaZaA) or simply blanking it out. Makes their searches by username return too much data to be useful, and from multiple IPs is my guess.