PDA

View Full Version : Michael Redd predicts Pistons' championship

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 12:27 AM
OK, this thread is firmly tongue-in-cheek, but it was nice of Redd to lend his support:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260503008

"Offensively, they've gotten better, there's no doubt," Redd said. "They're pushing it more than in the past three or four years, when they were more of a half-court style team. Now, they make you pay for mistakes.

"But their defense is going to win a championship for them."

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2006, 12:31 AM
OK, this thread is firmly tongue-in-cheek, but it was nice of Redd to lend his support:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260503008

"Now, they make you pay for mistakes."

That is the one thing I fear against any sports team. The ability to do that will kill you.

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 12:40 AM
"Now, they make you pay for mistakes."

That is the one thing I fear against any sports team. The ability to do that will kill you.

makes sense, the ability to do that is how the spurs beat the pistons. In fact, the ability to make people pay for mistakes has been a hallmark of every spurs championship team, and probably every championship team period.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2006, 12:46 AM
makes sense, the ability to do that is how the spurs beat the pistons. In fact, the ability to make people pay for mistakes has been a hallmark of every spurs championship team, and probably every championship team period.

Don't you just love it, though?

"You don't fuck up, because if you do, we're going to make you regret it."

Makes for great team sports.

Try to waste a pitch inside on an 0-2 count and it could change the game. Try to double off the third WR and watch him go deep. Try to go for the steal and end up ending up on a poster.

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Don't you just love it, though?

"You don't fuck up, because if you do, we're going to make you regret it."

Makes for great team sports.

no doubt.

Trainwreck2100
05-04-2006, 01:05 AM
And Mexican players said the US would win the last World Cup after their loss to them.

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 01:08 AM
And Mexican players said the US would win the last World Cup after their loss to them.

hey that's probably why i added the part about the thread being tongue-in-cheek. maybe you just like restating the obvious though, :king

Trainwreck2100
05-04-2006, 01:12 AM
hey that's probably why i added the part about the thread being tongue-in-cheek. maybe you just like restating the obvious though, :king

No I just like stating that the US beat Mexico, I mean comeon when it comes to soccer we suck

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 01:33 AM
No I just like stating that the US beat Mexico, I mean comeon when it comes to soccer we suck
I got that, though actually, we don't suck at soccer. we're pretty good. not world cup good though, and a lot of american soccer fans seem to have only grabbed the sport recently and don't seem to realize how long it take to win the world cup.

AMOS7
05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2008/jewjewjewjew0pe.jpg

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2008/jewjewjewjew0pe.jpg

oh shit rasheed, not again!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-04-2006, 06:05 AM
hahhahha piston is always having a big mouth.....hahhahaha! cooked rice first then eat.......hahahahha!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-04-2006, 06:06 AM
but the all mighty spurs will harvest the court.....lol!

jochhejaam
05-04-2006, 06:49 AM
An appropriate game topic title from an article in the Det News.

R.I.P., BUCKS
(As in Rip Hamilton for those that don't get it :lol )

Hamilton punches ticket into 2nd round

Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

Richard Hamilton knocked Andrew Bogut and the Bucks silly with a 15-point first quarter. The Pistons set a franchise playoff record with 39 points in the quarter, shooting 63.6 percent. See full image

Richard Hamilton had 40 points, making 15 of 23 shots, in Game 5, becoming the fourth Piston to score at least 40 in a playoff game. See full image

Even reserve forward Antonio McDyess, who had 11 points and six rebounds, helped carry the play for the Pistons.

Ben Wallace, who had two points, 14 rebounds and a blocked shot, posts up Bucks rookie center Andrew Bogut, who finished with 10 points and three rebounds. See full image

AUBURN HILLS -- The Bucks tried to punk the wrong guy.

Late in Game 4 on Monday night, Michael Redd, as his team was calling a timeout, ran at an unsuspecting Richard Hamilton and shoved him in the chest.

After the game, Hamilton said, "I'm going to get him." :lol

He was half-joking, of course, but the Bucks didn't find his retaliation tactics very funny.

Hamilton punched the Bucks out of the playoffs Wednesday, scoring a playoff-best 40 points in the Pistons' leave-no-doubt, 122-93 victory.

"First thing I did was thank Joe (Dumars)," coach Flip Saunders said. "I told him it took me nine years to win a first round in Minnesota. It was a lot quicker this time."

For the second time in three years, the Pistons dispatched the Bucks from the first round in five games. They await the winner of the Cleveland-Washington series.

"It was good to take care of our business and get some rest," Hamilton said. "We can sit back and watch the other teams beat each other up."

It was a sweet redemption for Hamilton, who endured his share of trauma in this series. He rolled his left ankle in Game 1, got kicked in the right thigh in Game 2, took a $15,000 fine for a flagrant foul in Game 3, struggled to make shots throughout the first four games and then, on Wednesday night, got knocked to the floor by a hard forearm from Jamaal Magloire.

"I just hate when guys hit me with cheap shots," Hamilton said. "I don't want to be out there getting banged up like that. That just got me going. Sometimes you've got to get hit before you play the way you want to."

Hamilton becomes the fifth Piston to get at least 40 points in a playoff game, joining Chauncey Billups, Isiah Thomas, Kelly Tripucka and Dave Bing.

Rasheed Wallace scored 22, hitting 8 of 11 shots. Billups added 17 points and eight assists and Ben Wallace had 14 rebounds and two steals. The 122 points were the most scored by the Pistons in the playoffs since 1987.

Redd led the Bucks with 23 points.

"That team just showed us why you can't win with one guy," Bucks rookie Andrew Bogut said. "We won some games with Michael, but you can't win consistently. They have a lot of guys that can take over a game and we need to get that way."

It was a vintage Pistons performance. Each of the five starters, and even reserve Antonio McDyess, took turns carrying the play. And, as usual, Billups was the orchestrater. He took just five shots, but expertly controlled the flow of the game.

"That's why I always talked about him for MVP," Saunders said. "You can't take away the things he does on a team that's so well-balanced. We had every one of our starters carry us at one point or another and that's what makes us so difficult to play against."

Don't give them hope. That was the Pistons' mantra coming into Game 5, and they stamped out a good deal of it right off the opening tip. Ben Wallace won the tap to Rasheed Wallace, who passed to Hamilton for a layup.

It took all of four seconds for the Pistons to get their engines revved. From there, they proceeded to blitz the Bucks with a 39-point first quarter, a franchise playoff record. A 24-2 run gave them an 18-point cushion.

"We just wanted to deliver the first punch," Billups said.

The Pistons closed the record-setting quarter in style, too. Tayshaun Prince (12 points) drained a shot from just over half court as time expired, and then turned and gave a little bow to TNT broadcaster Reggie Miller before dancing off the court.

Hamilton, who had averaged 14 points and made 8 of 28 shots the previous two games, had 15 points in the first quarter alone. The Pistons shot 63.6 percent in the quarter.

"I said this was the best team coming into the playoffs and I haven't changed my mind about that," Redd said.

Any final wisps of hope the Bucks might have harbored were vanquished by the thunderbolt shooting of Rasheed Wallace. He unfurled three straight three-pointers and had 11 straight points in a 15-0 run that, for all intents and purposes, sent the Bucks on vacation.

"Sheed was huge," Hamilton said. "When he gets going like that, we all get going. That's why I say he's the best power forward in the game."

As you might expect, there was no celebration afterward.

"We are on a mission," Hamilton said. "It's different than last year. We have something to prove. We have to go out and get something (the championship) and we are focused on getting it."

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2006, 08:58 AM
anyone can stop the bucks, fuck redd, his overrated and one dimensional who cant create his own shot, no wonder why he and the bucks were stop in there tracks.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
anyone can stop the bucks, fuck redd, his overrated and one dimensional who cant create his own shot, no wonder why he and the bucks were stop in there tracks.

Redd is a great player the problem is they don't have anyone else that can light it up like him.

JamStone
05-04-2006, 10:56 AM
In the one game the Bucks won, Mo Williams shot 9-10 from the field on mostly jumpers, and many of them pretty well contested. His only miss was a half court quarter ending heave.

And, in game 4, TJ Ford shot 7-8 from the field in the third quarter and scored 17 points, and many of his shots were jumpers.

Offensively, the Bucks are actually a very good team. And, on any given night, if the team they are playing is not completely sharp defensively and a little bit off offensively, the Bucks are capable of playing pretty well. They have good size and depth in the frontcourt. And, Michael Redd alone makes for a tough night defensively from the perimeter. In the regular season, Milwaukee beat San Antonio, Miami, Dallas, Phoenix, New Jersey, and Cleveland at least once each. They were just not a consistently good team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Don't mind TDMVPDPOY.

He says the stupidist things. It used to be cute, but now it's just sad.

Dunc
05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Don't mind TDMVPDPOY.

He says the stupidist things. It used to be cute, but now it's just sad.

:lmao

1Parker1
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Michael Redd also probably thought the Bucks had a chance to win against the Pistons :lmao

ducks
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
the team that kicks you out of the playoffs you want to win the title

himat
05-04-2006, 03:10 PM

So the pistons wanted the spurs to win the championship?
:rolleyes

ForestBrain
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey Spurs fans, when the Spurs beat the Queens, is it going to be because the Spurs were a really good team, or because the Queens sucked?

J.T.
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM

I rooted for DET in 2004. Theory disproved.

Hey Spurs fans, when the Spurs beat the Queens, is it going to be because the Spurs were a really good team, or because the Queens sucked?

Did we win the title last year because we were a really good team, or because the Pistons sucked?

ForestBrain
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
You won because you were the better team in the last few minutes.
Which means you were a freaking good team.

ducks
05-04-2006, 07:51 PM
So the pistons wanted the spurs to win the championship?
:rolleyes
THAT WAS IN THE FINALS MOST PLAYERS WANT THE TEAM TO BEAT THEM TO WIN IT ALL NOT FANS

sprrs
05-04-2006, 08:17 PM

So you wanted the Lakers to win the title on '01, '02 and '04?

Spurologist
05-04-2006, 08:21 PM

:lol wtf are you talking about. We are number 5 in world rankings.