PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's son Jeffrey

arenateam
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Here's some video of him playing at the Kingwood Classic last week in Houston. Any chance of him making the NBA?

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com/videoarchive.asp?itemid=1001211733
:fro

1Parker1
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM
If I was MJ's son, no way would I choose to play basketball. That's gotta be tough.

Spurologist
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM
I can't even see the video

Phenomanul
05-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Doesn't look like it... but who knows...

ObiwanGinobili
05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
If I was MJ's son, no way would I choose to play basketball. That's gotta be tough.

exactly. you're just settign yourself up for failure.
unless you've made a dal with the devil and have an assurance that you'll be hte best NBA player of all time.....

????????
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
His son isnt good enough.

1Parker1
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
exactly. you're just settign yourself up for failure.
unless you've made a dal with the devil and have an assurance that you'll be hte best NBA player of all time.....

Well, not only that, but even when you play at the High School or College level, opposing players are going to come at you full force, just so they can say they crushed "MJ's son." :lol

Slinkyman
05-04-2006, 05:13 PM
OJ Mayo looks like he's 30, how is he still in high school. Also how can you be the son of jordan but can't dunk?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
OJ Mayo looks like he's 30, how is he still in high school. Also how can you be the son of jordan but can't dunk?
Yeah...I was confused how old these kids were..

Jordan's son might not be great. But maybe Jordan's son's son will....if not to prove that talent skips a generation.

leemajors
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM
he is a pg.

E20
05-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow, so Brent Barry and Jon Barry should have not played. :rolleyes

You guys haven't even seen him play.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM

The Barry Brothers are as great as Rick Barry?

Besides, I think the previous posters are just saying MJ's shadow is gonna be huge for Jeffrey Jordan. He probably has talent. I think the saying is "greatness skips a generation" probably cuz of expectations I don't know

...Don't roll your eyes at me boy! :nope

j/k whatever. I kinda agree it's not fair for the kid to get these remarks so soon, he could prove us wrong and come into his own down the road, who knows.

timvp
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM

What about Scooter and Drew?

E20
05-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Who cares if he doesn't play as good as Micheal Jordan? Let the kid play basketball. If my Dad were Michael Jordan I too, would probably play basketball. It's that simple. You're growing up with basketball in your face, other examples are David Robinsons kids and Rick Barry's kids, so by logic DRob's kids shouldn't play basketball and it was a mistake for Brent Barry and Jon Barry every to play the game.. Anybody who judges how someone plays based on their Dad would be incredibly naive in my eyes.

E20
05-04-2006, 06:12 PM
What about Scooter and Drew?
Drew is retired he's like 36, he played in the NBA/CBA. Scooter is playing somewhere in Europe. Do people think less of someone if they pursue an occupation they like?

exstatic
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM

Rick Barry wasn't the best player of all time. The point isn't "don't follow a parent into the NBA", the point is " don't follow a parental LEGEND into the NBA".

E20
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Ok, Jeffery Jordan after reading all this advice will listen to everybody and let go his dreams of playing basketball which is something he likes to do and will go do something else.

E20
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Rick Barry wasn't the best player of all time. The point isn't "don't follow a parent into the NBA", the point is " don't follow a parental LEGEND into the NBA".
Rick Barry is considered a legend.

exstatic
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't care if he plays ball or not, not that that matters. The reality is that people will NOT let him "just play basketball". The Son of Jordan will ALWAYS be compared to dad on the court, and will always come up short. It sucks, but that's the way life is. I don't make the rules, but I do understand them pretty well by now.

E20
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't care if he plays ball or not, not that that matters. The reality is that people will NOT let him "just play basketball". The Son of Jordan will ALWAYS be compared to dad on the court, and will always come up short. It sucks, but that's the way life is. I don't make the rules, but I do understand them pretty well by now.
And that is incredibly stupid how people will do that. Please see past the family ties.

exstatic
05-04-2006, 06:31 PM
And that is incredibly stupid how people will do that. Please see past the family ties.

People are stupid, and probably 80% are sheep and will buy what you tell them, believe what you tell them, etc. Once you learn that, life gets a bit smoother, and you can work off that assumption and not be one of them. Like I said, I don't make the rules.

The sad thing is that Jeffrey Jordan will probably have few opportunities, but Son Of MJ will be in great demand.

RonMexico
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Remember, MJ was left off his high school team and that drove him to keep trying harder. Because of his namesake, I'm sure this kid will get a lot of opportunities that other kids might not, but unless he has that famous competitive desire of his father, it will be very difficult for him to accomplish anything.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2006, 07:04 PM

You got it wrong, if J. Jordan ends up being great. He'll be great. It doesn't matter if he doesn't play like MJ. The rules aren't set in stone. If he's unique or good enough he could be great and transcend expectations and be appreciated on his own merit...the talent he has, has nothing to do with people's reaction to him. If he really wants to play great that's fine.

Him being son of a "Great" talent has nothing to do with their innate ability. It has more to do with being a son and thinking "I can't be as great as my dad" and not forgetting that and just playing ball, and having the same competitive drive. That's what can cause the son or daughter to not meet expectations. If they have enough talent, It's all mental after that.

DirkAB
05-04-2006, 07:18 PM
So some of you think that he shouldn't play unless he can be as good as his dad? What an ignorant way to think.

DieMrBond
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
You think Jordans kids are ever going to have to work??

It's not like they are going to be short of a dollar...

Besides, apparently his second son has the skills (and the height).

exstatic
05-04-2006, 08:03 PM
You got it wrong, if J. Jordan ends up being great. He'll be great. It doesn't matter if he doesn't play like MJ. The rules aren't set in stone. If he's unique or good enough he could be great and transcend expectations and be appreciated on his own merit...the talent he has, has nothing to do with people's reaction to him. If he really wants to play great that's fine.

Him being son of a "Great" talent has nothing to do with their innate ability. It has more to do with being a son and thinking "I can't be as great as my dad" and not forgetting that and just playing ball, and having the same competitive drive. That's what can cause the son or daughter to not meet expectations. If they have enough talent, It's all mental after that.
http://www.timswan.com/emily/thumbs/rose-colored-glasses-tn.jpg

SequSpur
05-04-2006, 08:04 PM
How in da shit is dis Spurs related? Huh? WTF?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
http://www.timswan.com/emily/thumbs/rose-colored-glasses-tn.jpg
How old are you...you seem to be speaking from experience, jaded individual. what have you.

I'm not saying J. Jordan's gonna be great.. I'm just saying if he's got the the talent, public's expectations has nothing to do with his ability.

It's the same as Jordan comparisons with Lebron, and the past alike. Lebron isn't just hype, he's starting to be acknowledged on his own merit because his talent is unique and will break the pinned expectations of "next Jordan"unlike the Tracy McGrady's Vince Carter's that came before him .

You need to learn how to comprehend what I'm saying. From you're last two posts you speak like you've been let down or something with that "I don't make the rules" talk.

exstatic
05-04-2006, 09:02 PM
How old are you? You post like you're 15. Perception has everything to do with the way the world works. Sorry if you don't like to hear it. That makes you like most people, head buried in the sand, blissfully sleepwalking thorugh life.

leemajors
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM

i recommend watching family ties. it was a great show.

SANANTOJAMES
05-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Michael jordan is the best player ever to play the game but people need to understand he is not his dad. he has an awesome teacher, being his dad. I love michael everything hes about, i have every shoe he made but please lay off his son.

adidas11
05-05-2006, 12:41 AM
I think what people need to remember is that MJ grew up to be 6'6" tall, and Jeffrey is only 6' tall or so. MJ was an anamoly in his family...none of his brothers were anywhere close to as tall as MJ was.

boutons_
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
"he has an awesome teacher"

MJ didn't effectively teach/coach/accomplish much @WIZ. Being a great player doesn't necessarily mean being an effective teacher. There's already plenty of father-son tension to get in the way, esp from a competitive sonofabitch like MJ.

ObiwanGinobili
05-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Who cares if he doesn't play as good as Micheal Jordan? Let the kid play basketball. If my Dad were Michael Jordan I too, would probably play basketball. It's that simple. You're growing up with basketball in your face, other examples are David Robinsons kids and Rick Barry's kids, so by logic DRob's kids shouldn't play basketball and it was a mistake for Brent Barry and Jon Barry every to play the game.. Anybody who judges how someone plays based on their Dad would be incredibly naive in my eyes.

DRob & Rick Barry were not the greatest basketball players to ever live.

KEDA
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I saw Roy Williams in the crowd

dollar says he goes to Carolina, but he better not be a scholarship player. Not because he isnt good enough (I dont think 30 seconds of footage that was geared for O.J Mayo is going to show us everything about Jeffrey), but because his family can afford it.

I will support Jeffrey, because Im a fan of his father, but I have no expectations of him. The bad thing is that 99% of the people that watch are going to hold him to the same performace standards of his father, and in no way is that possible.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2006, 01:54 PM
How old are you? You post like you're 15. Perception has everything to do with the way the world works. Sorry if you don't like to hear it. That makes you like most people, head buried in the sand, blissfully sleepwalking thorugh life.
Whatever, you seem to take the words and spin them around. You are the one who has his head buried in the sand giving away to the whims of the people. "woe is me, they win" bullshit. Speaking as if you are in the "Know" with that "because 80 Percent of people are sheep talk" ...get off your high horse. You're not the only individual to toss out "cuz people are sheep" talk. You think you know something that other's don't know? Yet you're willing to accept that those sheep can have an effect on whether someone is talented or not. Jordan son is a hypothetical scenario, but your attitude, if it were applied to Jordan's son is, "give up, before even trying". Screw the public, it has nothing to do with being a determined individual. Just because you're speaking from personal experience doesn't make everyone else weakly susceptible to public perception. That's politics. Not everyone ends up playing politics.

Spurminator
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Hell yeah I'd play basketball if I was MJ's kid... Easy path to the NBA and it's million dollar salaries. Screw reputation and comparisons, no way would I take some 8-6 desk job just because I couldn't live up to Daddy's legacy.

reydawg
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I think J. Jordan should be the greatest player ever eventually. Look how much better Kobe is than Jellybean. Or consider all the sucess Jr. has had compared to Tony Parker Sr.

I fully expect the trend will continue. Any thoughts to the contrary are totally outlandish.