PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon being moved this summer??

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Just read on cnn/si that the bulls well probably try and trade ben gordon this summer. Why not package barry/beno or barry/Nazr(sign and trade)...Is this someone yall think would help the spurs in the future and if so who would you try and trade for him??

Kori Ellis
05-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I've heard rumors that they are trying to package him with a few other players to get Garnett.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
I've heard rumors that they are trying to package him with a few other players to get Garnett.
... I don't see that working out. If anything the Wolves are going to want at least an All-star in exchange and the bulls don't have any.

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Bulls would probably be one of the few teams to give quality young players for an all-star like Garnett...

MaNuMaNiAc
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Can you imagine this Bulls team, with Garnett as low post threat? hmmm... i'd be scared. It seems that is what they've been missing, a good big to require a double team.

MoSpur
05-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Garnett w/the Bulls might give the Pistons a run for their money.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Can you imagine this Bulls team, with Garnett as low post threat? hmmm... i'd be scared. It seems that is what they've been missing, a good big to require a double team.

It wouldn't be "this" bulls team, they'd have to give up Gordon/Nocioni or Deng at the least

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Why not trade barry/nazr/scola for chandler/gordon

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 02:27 PM

Why would the bulls make this trade?

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:30 PM
they get a big in nazr (probably at a cheaper price), get a veteran like barry (which they need very badly), and they get one of the top prospects at PF (I don't even know who plays pf for the bulls?)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
they get a big in nazr (probably at a cheaper price), get a veteran like barry (which they need very badly), and they get one of the top prospects at PF (I don't even know who plays pf for the bulls?)

So basically, they get Barry to play 3rd string to Deng and Nocioni, and they get to deal with Scola's buy out?

rayray2k8
05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Dont the bulls have that number 1 pick from the knicks?
they could throw that in.

Spurminator
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
If the Bulls traded Gordon, Nocioni and Chandler for Garnett, the Bulls would end up as the 6th or 7th seed in the East, lose in the first round, and we'd hear again how Garnett hasn't had any support.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
and the Wolves would win their division

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Heinrich,barry,deng,scola,nazr........you would play barry at the 2 and bring nocioni in as your sixth man...We might even thrown in beno(how could they refuse)....

T-Pain
05-04-2006, 02:53 PM
we really dont need ben gordon, we already have finley and ginobili

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Gordon can play the 1 or 2...finley can play the 2 or 3.. Manu can play the 1, 2, or 3....

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM
As Charles Barkley said "Ben Gordon is instant offense........ on both ends"

bdubya
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM

Because the Bulls won't trade away the future to break even in the present.

George Gervin's Afro
05-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I think the Bulls have 1 or 2 lottery picks this year as well.. SO they could use both of those and throw in a couple of young players to ge Garnett. I think they have 12 mill in cap space so all they would have to send is 8 mill...

leemajors
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
i don't think Garnett is the answer for the bulls.

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
You dont win in this league if dont have veterans on your squad!!They have alot of good young talent, but they need to filter in some veterans to go deeper in the playoffs!!

leemajors
05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
garnett's contract would hinder signing other players. didnt'c chandler just get extended as well? they can't depend on signing vets on the cheap. if they want to keep the young talent in a few years garnett is not the way to go.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
You dont win in this league if dont have veterans on your squad!!They have alot of good young talent, but they need to filter in some veterans to go deeper in the playoffs!!

Veterans are good, but I think Barry starting makes them worse than they are this year.

Extra Stout
05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
The way to do that is to sign the veterans as free agents, not to trade your core young talent for them.

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
The way to do that is to sign the veterans as free agents, not to trade your core young talent for them.
Gordon is going somewhere this summer in my opinion for sure and I am not sure if chandler is getting the job done down low..There future is deng, heinrich, nociono...everybody else is expendable!!

bdubya
05-04-2006, 03:33 PM

Even less so to trade your young core for ONE wildly expensive veteran. I don't see the Bulls trading any of their core; they don't need to. Between the picks and the cap space, they can upgrade their frontcourt without messing with what they've already got.

Ned Nederlander
05-04-2006, 03:33 PM
garnett is a piece of shit i hope he breaks a leg while fishing this summer...biggest choker of all time

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I am not for trading for Garnett...Heck I think Nazr is as good as Tyson and we could give up barry/beno and/or scola

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I thought they were happy with Gordon?

yavozerb
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Apparently gordon and skiles have had alot of disagreements during the last half of the season on into the playoffs!!Gordon thinks he should get more touches and playing time (go figure)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Apparently gordon and skiles have had alot of disagreements during the last half of the season on into the playoffs!!Gordon thinks he should get more touches and playing time (go figure)
Oh ...so he's one of thOSe.

Anakin Skywalker
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
i agree with ned....Garnett is a piece of shit

leemajors
05-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I am not for trading for Garnett...Heck I think Nazr is as good as Tyson and we could give up barry/beno and/or scola

nazr is nowhere near chandler defensively. he is probably better offensively but that's not saying much. nazr is gone after this season for sure.

Bruno
05-04-2006, 03:52 PM
First, Gordon has way more trade value than Barry or Udrih. Bulls will be under the cap and don't need to do a S&T with Nazr.
Second, Gordon is a SG in a PG body. He can't play PG and he can't defend big SG. Gordon works quite well with Bulls because Hinrich can play PG on offense and is big enough to defend the opposite SG. Parker is too small to defend the opposite SG : Gordon will be a bad fit in SA.

Bulls that can be a good fit with Spurs are Nocioni, Deng, Duhon and Chandler.
Nocioni and Deng are out of reach. Duhon can be a good backup PG, way more reliable than Udrih. Chandler trade value is quite low because he has a big contract and has made a bad season.