PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys' Jones says he supports NFL team in S.A.

METALMiKE
05-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Web Posted: 05/04/2006 02:33 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones said today he would not stand in the way of San Antonio gaining an NFL team, whether through expansion or relocation.

"I would never be opposed to a team in San Antonio," Jones said. "I supported the Texans coming to Houston and I would support a team coming to San Antonio.......When you have fans like the Dallas Cowboys do, you want them to see as much NFL football as possible."

Jones' comments came at a packed news conference at the City Council Municipal Building, where he discussed the team's return to the Alamodome for training camp in 2007.

Mayor Phil Hardberger said he was thrilled to hear Jones' comments. "He has told me that in private, but I had never heard him say it publicly," Hardberger said. "I found it very encouraging and I believe him."
[email protected]

Horry For 3!
05-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Good stuff. I went to a game last year and my step-dad said if the Saints or any NFL team is in SA again, we will go again. :tu

METALMiKE
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
good ol gullible san antonio

:lol :rollin
:flipoff At least the article says that JJ wouldn't mind a team here in SA,like some people here have said he is against it.

ducks
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I want to know what he is saying privatly
what nba players say pubilcally ususally is the oppposite privatley

Vashner
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Yea and pink horses can fly...

Did he say it when a lie detector attached?

IceColdBrewski
05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Probably has inside info that SA has no chance of getting a team anytime soon. If this was his thinking all along, he would have said it a long time ago.

CharlieMac
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm suprised he hasn't offered everyone ib this city a free Cowboys jersey too.

Full Court Pressure
05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Saying that you won't stand in the way of an NFL team coming here is quite different than saying that you support a team coming here. And besides, what else did you expect him to say considering he was in town today? He's only interested in his bottom line. Whatever lines his pockets with more money is what he'll go with.

Solid D
05-05-2006, 01:30 AM
http://www.arca.net/db/pinocchio/37700a.jpg

Well, ah, let me first say that in the first place, ah, the Dallas Ca'boys have the same percentage of fans in the San Antonio pop'alation as they do, ah, in the Dallas pop'alation. With that, ah, said, ah, I'd like to first and foremost, ah, contend that there will, ah, one day, come the time when the NFL, ah, comes to Texas again, and let me be clear on, ah, on that.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2006, 06:29 AM
The reason San Antonio doesn't have a team has way more to do with the city than it has to do with Jerry Jones, but at least blaming him makes people feel better.

RealEstateDude
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
I'll see it, when I believe it.

And I'll believe it when I see it :lol

sa_butta
05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
So why does the camp contract terminate if we get a team? What a bullshitter, just come out and say you dont want to lose any fans.

exstatic
05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
:flipoff At least the article says that JJ wouldn't mind a team here in SA,like some people here have said he is against it.

JJ is lying. He would fight an NFC team here TOOTH AND NAIL, because that would deprive him of his #2 TV market.

mozyr13
05-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Thats funny coming from someone in SA, considering your bball team wouldn't allow the mavs to be aired in Austin because it would compete with your spurs, when the majority of Austins bball fanbase are mavs fans and not spurs fans. You need to get over the fact that sports are a business first, entertainment second, and they sure as hell have never been about customer service. Would you support losing millions of your own dollars the way you want Jones to.

Melmart1
05-25-2006, 01:40 AM
Thats funny coming from someone in SA, considering your bball team wouldn't allow the mavs to be aired in Austin because it would compete with your spurs, when the majority of Austins bball fanbase are mavs fans and not spurs fans. You need to get over the fact that sports are a business first, entertainment second, and they sure as hell have never been about customer service. Would you support losing millions of your own dollars the way you want Jones to.

there is a thread about this in the main forum where most Austinites seem to think there are more Spurs than Mavs fans in Austin.

exstatic
05-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, I'm saying DON'T fucking lie about it. Have the Spurs ever come out publicly and said they would support Mavs broadcasts in Austin? See my point?