PDA

View Full Version : Another shocking Manu bash from The Sports Guy

aaronstampler
05-05-2006, 02:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060505

Simmons wrote a "Playoff Stock Report" today, giving players and teams a stock is up, stock is down rating.

He gave Manu a down grade, writing, " Manu Ginobili. When you hit your late 20s, isn't it time to shed the whole "I may or may not show up for tonight's game" gimmick?

Whatever Bill. Because Paul Pierce didn't mail in the last two years before this year or anything.

ducks
05-05-2006, 02:10 PM
no offensive but last 5 road games he has not played the way he is capable
lets hope he kicks but tonight though

leemajors
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
well, for the whole series, his play hasn't been very consistent. compared to his previous playoff performances, i wouldn't really call that a bash. i don't really recall the sports guy bashing ginobili before...

Spurminator
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I read that earlier, and the funny thing to me was that Shaq was the very next player he rated.

thispego
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
spurminator your avatar is the shit

TMTTRIO
05-05-2006, 02:28 PM
I think it's funny that he happened to go on and mention the beard thing (while talking about Pau Gasol):

Gasol. Much like with Jake Plummer, Gasol's karma-altering beard only worked during the regular season and self-destructed during the playoffs. On the flip side, Playoff Beards almost always work. So if you grow the Regular Season Beard, either you have to shave it for the playoffs, or you need to shave it into something even goofier, such as one of those horseshoe-shaped mustaches like the one belonging to Vito Spatafore's diner cook/boyfriend in New Hampshire. You just can't stand pat

reydawg
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Whatever Bill. Because Paul Pierce didn't mail in the last two years before this year or anything.

From what I've read over the last couple years, Bill Simmons has been very critical of Paul Pierce when deserved.

He's also been very complimentary of the Spurs.

polandprzem
05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
He's also been very complimentary of the Spurs.

Isn't spurs organization tired? The Pop's last season, Timmy wants to jup into a jacuzzi...:blah

1Parker1
05-05-2006, 03:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060505

Simmons wrote a "Playoff Stock Report" today, giving players and teams a stock is up, stock is down rating.

He gave Manu a down grade, writing, " Manu Ginobili. When you hit your late 20s, isn't it time to shed the whole "I may or may not show up for tonight's game" gimmick?

I'm guessing he was referring to Game 4, in which Manu went on record for saying that his mind wasn't on the game because he was still pissed at himself for his Game 3 performance.

The Rock
05-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Know What I Think About The Sports Guy>?