PDA

View Full Version : Spurs-Mavs tired or battle hardened?

Spurs Dynasty
05-05-2006, 11:43 PM
well, Spurs are not gonna blow a 16 point lead. Question is for round 2...

Are the Spurs going to be too tired for the resting Mavs, or "battle tested" ?

Leetonidas
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Battle tested. No one on Dallas can stop Tony, he's going to be a freakin' monster.

greyforest
05-05-2006, 11:47 PM
tbh i think the best practice a team can get to prepare themselves to play playoff games...is playing playoff games.

as long as we don't overextend ourselves and get hurt i would say we will come out playing harder than mavs.

Leetonidas
05-05-2006, 11:48 PM
tbh i think the best practice a team can get to prepare themselves to play playoff games...is playing playoff games.

as long as we don't overextend ourselves and get hurt i would say we will come out playing harder than mavs.

Agree. The Mavs have been given a lot of time off. That could be a bad thing for them.

Fabbs
05-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Why is it NJ and Miami finished up on Thurs night.
We are finishing up tonight.

Yet NJ-Miami starts Mon.
We start in 16 hours vs Dallas.

Is this Stern B.S.
All season long we were not the Sunday TV darlings. Homo Kobe was.
So what gives?

JohnMcClane
05-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I think it will be bad for the Mavs early on.. the first couple games. The Mavs will be kind of sleepy and the Spurs will be intense out of the gate. But it will really help the Mavs as the series goes on.. especially if it goes to 7 games. The Spurs team is going to be exhausted by then.

The sad thing for the Spurs is that if this second series with the Mavs goes long.. even if you win it your chances of winning the championship will have gone down drastically. Your team is going to be so beat up by the time they face the Pistons it will most likely be all over.

DDS4
05-06-2006, 12:00 AM
At least for the first game, the Spurs will be much more physical and aggressive from the seasoning we got from the Kings.

Bad thing is, guys like Parker are banged up while the Mavs are well rested.

Tek_XX
05-06-2006, 12:10 AM
both

Fabbs
05-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I think it will be bad for the Mavs early on.. the first couple games. The Mavs will be kind of sleepy and the Spurs will be intense out of the gate. But it will really help the Mavs as the series goes on.. especially if it goes to 7 games. The Spurs team is going to be exhausted by then.

The sad thing for the Spurs is that if this second series with the Mavs goes long.. even if you win it your chances of winning the championship will have gone down drastically. Your team is going to be so beat up by the time they face the Pistons it will most likely be all over.

Some years yes, some no. Back in the early to mid 1980s the Celts and 76ers would go at it hard and heavy in the far superior Eastern Conference. Meanwhile the LA Gaykers had a cakewalk out west. Most years the Celts or 6ers would win. Until Lenny Bias died. :shootme

So ya it could hurt them. Then again, plenty of days off between games. Except for this 16 hour bullshit that Stern has arranged for Game 1.