PDA

View Full Version : WOW. Rick Adelman is VERY classy.

aaronstampler
05-06-2006, 12:32 AM
In his press conference, he is calling it a traversty for the league making the Spurs play at noon on Saturday. He said it completely wastes their home court advantage vs the Mavs, that they worked for.

I really respect this guy and I hope the Maloofs don't can him. If Bonzi and Ron don't wig out on him, they'll be dangerous next year.

1Parker1
05-06-2006, 12:33 AM
:tu I just wrote that in the game blog. Nice guy.

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Isn't the game on Sunday?

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 12:34 AM
LMAO. He just blasted the league for making the Spurs play 36 hours after closing the series. He said they worked hard to get the #1 seed and shouldn't be rewarded with that, and if the Spurs lose on Sunday it'll be on the league office.

Then at the end he said "they can't fine me for saying that about another team, can they"?

I don't necessarily agree with him, but it was funny.

Pop earlier said that the Spurs have to play the Mavs next "in about 20 minutes".

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2006, 12:35 AM
already posted

Jimcs50
Class quote on NBATV.

He said that Pop will not complain about it, but that SA worked hard all year to get HCA and that now they only get 36 hr rest before having to play Dallas, and if they lose that game, it will be a travesty, and it will be all on the NBA League office in NYC.

Then he said that he did not think he could be fined for complaining for another team.

:lol

ALVAREZ6
already posted.

again.

Beer is Good
Yeah, it's Sunday. Would be bigger bullshit if it was tomorrow :lol

Doesnt matter. This is where our depth kicks in and our guys will be ready to DOMINATE at home.

Beer is Good
Yeah, it's Sunday. Would be bigger bullshit if it was tomorrow :lol

Doesnt matter. This is where our depth kicks in and out guys will be ready to DOMINATE at home.

CubanMustGo
Yeah. It still sucks to have to travel and play 36 hours later when you're the #1 seed.

1Parker1
05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
:lmao 4th time posted.

Beer is Good
05-06-2006, 12:37 AM
I agree. We should have taken care of SAC in 5. Cant complain now.

1Parker1
At least I posted it in the right place...the game blog :angel

Cant_Be_Faded
That is very true. Fucking Stern should be lynched

Horry For 3!
I thought it would be Monday

whottt
05-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Adelman's a good coach, one of the classier ones in the league, one of the better tacticians in the league, and I have always respected his ability since 89-90. He had a lot to do with the Kings being such a royal bitch in this series...anyone who can get Bonzi and Ron to mesh like that has some skills.

I always liked him...but he's complains to much about the refs since about 02 and I think that does kind of become a distraction to his teams.

1Parker1
^ No It's noon time on Sunday. Not even at night...

Jimcs50
At least I posted it in the right place...the game blog :angel

The game is OVER...WTF is even in the game blog?

GTF out of the game blog for God sake.

maxpower
05-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Imagine if we were the Lakers....

Remind me again...after game 7 tomorrow(Saturday) the lakers then play(when they win) on tuesday??!? Is that right?

trueD
I hope the Maloofs don't can him. Rick's contract is up, a complete 100% free agent. :rolleyes

His home is in Portland, where he coached the Trailblazers for some 7 years. He coached the Warriors two years before he came to Sacramento 8 years ago. Some think Adelman won't leave the west coast; his buddy is working on buying the Portland Trailblazers.

Last year Maloof's made a call to P-Jax, it upset Rick quite a bit (they did it behind his back).

Don't know if the Maloof's intend to extend an offer to him, but he isn't obligated to stay.

Slydragon
He said I don't think they can fine me for that? It's another team I'am talking about. That was funny also Pop in his was funny when ask, How do you match up with the Mavs? He said " I dunno if you wait we play them in 20 mins." Were scrambling to see where were at

Horry For 3!
05-06-2006, 12:40 AM
^ No It's noon time on Sunday. Not even at night...
I know its Sunday but I am saying, I figured it would be on Monday

polandprzem
It's like B2B with this travel and early game time.

We will see what happens

ShoogarBear
Alvarez, they were all posted within 2 minutes of each other, so there was no way for anyone to know about the others.

Plus, for the record, my thread was started before Jim's, as per usual.

1Parker1
05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
:lmao Tony also carries a man-purse.

BTW, he was limping considerably as he was leaving from the post-game interview. :(

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Somebody should post this in the game blog, don't you think?

1Parker1
05-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Somebody should post this in the game blog, don't you think?

:flipoff Somebody should just shut up, don't you think?

BTW, Artest is already making his excuses about the loss. He sprained his ankle, BOO-HOO. :)

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Tell Ron to take his meds, shut the fuck up and go to bed. :)

SequSpur
05-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Tough shit, Manu should learn how to fucking win a game.

polandprzem
05-06-2006, 12:57 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/callingtheshots/images/gene_hackman.jpg

TimFan
05-06-2006, 01:27 AM
If he leaves SAC, I hope he can go to Houston with the Rockets.

Rick's contract is up, a complete 100% free agent. :rolleyes

His home is in Portland, where he coached the Trailblazers for some 7 years. He coached the Warriors two years before he came to Sacramento 8 years ago. Some think Adelman won't leave the west coast; his buddy is working on buying the Portland Trailblazers.

Last year Maloof's made a call to P-Jax, it upset Rick quite a bit (they did it behind his back).

Don't know if the Maloof's intend to extend an offer to him, but he isn't obligated to stay.

FreshPrince22
05-06-2006, 01:50 AM
It's funny... They completely screwed the defending champs just to get LeBron on in the marquee matchup.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 01:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/callingtheshots/images/gene_hackman.jpg

ponky
05-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Look at it this way, if you win then you guys will be totally talking smack and will be extra confident that you can easily take this series. if you lose, you have an excuse to bitch and moan about because your old guys can't hack it. Besides, there was an opportunity to avoid this by closing it out in 4-5 games, nobody prevented the Spurs from getting the rest they needed...oh wait, the Kings did, by two games. I hope the Spurs are having a good night traveling 1500 miles back to San Antonio, haha!

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 02:01 AM
If the Kings had played the Mavs in the first round, then, well, we'd be playing the Kings in the second round.

greyforest
05-06-2006, 02:03 AM
I hope the Spurs are having a good night traveling 1500 miles back to San Antonio, haha!

they will have good nights travelling 1500 miles to LA in about a week or so too, haha!

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:04 AM
If the Kings had played the Mavs in the first round, then, well, we'd be playing the Kings in the second round.

Considering you guys could barely beat them all year by less than five points three out of the four regular season games (not to mention playoffs games), I don't think so. We manhandled them by more than 25 points in April without a couple of our main guys playing due to health issues. The Kings played very well but that's half of the story...the Spurs didn't play *Championship* ball against the Kings.

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:05 AM
they will have good nights travelling 1500 miles to LA in about a week or so too, haha!

third game is a week from saturday for the mavs/spurs series, they really stretch it out

leemajors
05-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Considering you guys could barely beat them all year by less than five points three out of the four regular season games (not to mention playoffs games), I don't think so. We manhandled them by more than 35 points in April without a couple of our main guys playing due to health issues. The Kings played very well but that's half of the story...the Spurs didn't play *Championship* ball against the Kings.

yeah the mavs obviously would have swept the kings and won every game by 30 points. in march sacramento beat dallas. do those games have much to do with each other? not really. each team can beat the other on any given night.

leemajors
05-06-2006, 02:09 AM
also, the spurs are leaving back for san antonio tomorrow.

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:10 AM
yeah the mavs obviously would have swept the kings and won every game by 30 points. in march sacramento beat dallas. do those games have much to do with each other? not really. each team can beat the other on any given night.

This is true but the Kings matchup better with the Spurs than they do with the Mavs for several reasons. I believe I've covered this in another thread but it should be obvious. Anyway, I'm not saying the Kings wouldn't be difficult for lots of teams but I don't think it's all the Kings, the Spurs are not playing as well as they did last year.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Considering you guys could barely beat them all year by less than five points three out of the four regular season games (not to mention playoffs games), I don't think so. We manhandled them by more than 35 points in April without a couple of our main guys playing due to health issues. The Kings played very well but that's half of the story...the Spurs didn't play *Championship* ball against the Kings.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Thanks, Dallas fan, for elucidating what *Championship* ball is all about.

Because it's well know around NBA circles, when you want an education in *Championships*, you find somebody who follows the Mavs.

leemajors
05-06-2006, 02:11 AM
tell me again how the kings match up better with the spurs than they do the kings. nice edit!

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:15 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Thanks, Dallas fan, for elucidating what *Championship* ball is all about.

Because it's well know around NBA circles, when you want an education in *Championships*, you find somebody who follows the Mavs.

I follow all the teams, I watch every single game that is played by every single team in the league, regular and playoffs thanks to TIVO and NBA League Pass. I'm a total NBA nut and keep stats like crazy, I'm not just a Mavs fan who suddenly found out they were good a couple of years ago. I live closer to San Antonio than Dallas and have followed the Spurs for years despite not being a fan of them. There's no need to keep harping on about past seasons as if nothing has changed with a roster and their gameplay.

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:18 AM
tell me again how the kings match up better with the spurs than they do the kings. nice edit!

Yeah that's right, I accidentally substituted the word "Kings" for "Mavs"...wooooo, I was really trying to hide something there with the edit. I'm not going into all the reasons why the matchup is better but start with Bowen and see where you go from there, it's late, I'm heading over to mavstalk for a couple and then calling it quits.

leemajors
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
it was a nice edit, you don't have to get all haughty. it was really funny before it had been edited though.

ponky
05-06-2006, 02:21 AM
it was a nice edit, you don't have to get all haughty. it was really funny before it had been edited though.

that's true, goodnight

zeleni
05-06-2006, 02:47 AM
regarding the classiness of Adelman...

The quote was 3 hours after the game removed from the broadband postgame comments on nba.com.

MissAllThat
05-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Look at it this way, if you win then you guys will be totally talking smack and will be extra confident that you can easily take this series. if you lose, you have an excuse to bitch and moan about because your old guys can't hack it. Besides, there was an opportunity to avoid this by closing it out in 4-5 games, nobody prevented the Spurs from getting the rest they needed...oh wait, the Kings did, by two games. I hope the Spurs are having a good night traveling 1500 miles back to San Antonio, haha!

Boy you Mavs fans talk a lot of trash, and for what reason I'm still not sure. Your team hasn't won jack. Not this year, not ever. Wooo you beat the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round! In fact you swept them, lets have a party :elephant . Too bad they don't hand out Championship trophies in November
(thats when y'all are usually #1 in the west), April, or May. You beat the Grizzlies, a team who has never won a playoff game. Remember, the Spurs swept the Grizzlies once, and we all see how that turned out. Now for all of you little Mavs boys who like to talk your crap about how we should leave the past behind and realize that it has no impact on the present, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Just face it, you are W-R-O-N-G! It does have an effect. That experience (be it only for a few players and not the whole team) can be used in the presence. Those 3 (count 'em 1, 2, 3) NBA titles for Tim Duncan will help him in later rounds. Same goes ford the rest of the players. Its not like we have a completely brand new team and right after last years finals we cut everyone and got 15 new guys. That would just be stupid (or Cuban-like, i can't decide). ::side note:: stupid storm just killed my ESPNews, not good, i want it back ::end of note:: So yeah, while this might not be the exact same team as last year and this team has yet to do anything big (aside from beating a very good Sacramento team, one who also probably could have swept the Grizzlies), in those tough situations, they will have the past year(s) to look back on and call upon. Dallas just doesn't have that. Unless you want Dirk calling on his 2003 experiences in which he became a big baby and sat on the sideline as his team let Steve Kerr jack up 3 pointer after 3 pointer. You'd think they would have stopped leaving him wide open at some point, but hey, its the Mavs, and even most Mavs fans will admit that that was one of their best teams to date, and they should have won it all that year. Too bad they didn't. I don't know how this can be the "best team in the league" when they had worse record than the lowly Spurs. If it gives y'all some sort of joy to finally get past the Spurs dear Aggies, oops I mean Mavs, then go ahead, enjoy it, because the Pistons will then kill you.

NCaliSpurs
05-06-2006, 08:29 AM
I follow all the teams, I watch every single game that is played by every single team in the league, regular and playoffs thanks to TIVO and NBA League Pass.

Liar liar.

No way in hell do you watch every single game and every single team. First of all, many games occur at the same time during the regular season, so unless your Tivo has like 15 tuners, you are lying.

Secondly, how could you afford cable with no job? I mean, anyone who has that much time is a lottery winner, living off of a pension, or is just plain unemployed.

I mean, watching every SPURS game is rough on my schedule, let alone every single game for every single team.

:nerd :pctoss

A-Train
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Pop might could use another former HC on the bench ala PJ if the latter departs SA...

SAGambler
05-06-2006, 10:05 AM

I think there may be more truth to that statement than you know.

Kings, imo, better team than Mavs...

A-Train
05-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Nowitzki's game is similiar to Wells and Artest at the 3 and 4, though both are better in the post. I think the difference will be that Dampier can't be lifted 20 feet from the rim at the 5 unlike what the Kings were able to do with SARS and Miller. I think Dallas' D is better than Sacto's though.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Nowitzki's game is similiar to Wells and Artest at the 3 and 4, though both are better in the post. I think the difference will be that Dampier can't be lifted 20 feet from the rim at the 5 unlike what the Kings were able to do with SARS and Miller. I think Dallas' D is better than Sacto's though.
I'd take Dampier and Diop over Miller and SARS anyday. Miller and SARS=Soft

pking
05-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Pop earlier said that the Spurs have to play the Mavs next "in about 20 minutes".

Damn. I didn't even put 2 and 2 together about the extremely quick turnaround...That sucks for San Antonio! I just thought it sucks to have a noon game because the Mavs are pretty horrid in early games.

shelshor
05-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Damn. I didn't even put 2 and 2 together about the extremely quick turnaround...That sucks for San Antonio! I just thought it sucks to have a noon game because the Mavs are pretty horrid in early games.
So are the Spurs

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Being a #1 seed has nothing to do with it. It's really not an issue...

exstatic
05-06-2006, 12:01 PM
It's weird, because if you look at the schedule, the Spurs played Friday, will play Sunday and again Tuesday. Looks pretty even, but it's a 36 hour turnaround between the buzzer of Game 6 and tip of Game 1 round 2, but almost 54 hours between the buzzer of Game 1 (2:30-2:45PM Sunday) and the tip of Game 2 Tuesday at 8:30 PM.

Jimcs50
05-06-2006, 12:20 PM
It's weird, because if you look at the schedule, the Spurs played Friday, will play Sunday and again Tuesday. Looks pretty even, but it's a 36 hour turnaround between the buzzer of Game 6 and tip of Game 1 round 2, but almost 54 hours between the buzzer of Game 1 (2:30-2:45PM Sunday) and the tip of Game 2 Tuesday at 8:30 PM.

And 4 days betw game 2 and game 3..it is crazy

ducks
05-06-2006, 12:22 PM
that will help spurs get their strength back
and they are older then the mavs

Jimcs50
05-06-2006, 12:26 PM
that will help spurs get their strength back
and they are older then the mavs

Stackhouse, Terry, Van Horn, Griffin and Dampier are no spring chickens

GoSpurs21
05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm glad the Spurs will be playing on Sunday at noon cause I got tickets, but then again I have to be on a flight to San Jose Ca at 7pm, so the wife and her sister get the Tuesday night tickets.

ashbeeigh
05-06-2006, 01:31 PM
And with the game at noon, besides the horrid turn around time which has been stated..blah blah blah blah... I get to watch the game AND then study for my finals...instead of studying and then watching the game. Just thinking about the kids!

~Sweetmelody~
05-06-2006, 03:36 PM
A noon game stinks, but at least I get to see it, since I work the evening shift.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Props to Adelman; classy remark in defeat.

E20
05-06-2006, 03:49 PM
FUCK

This is gay. I have work on Sunday. Why is this game not on primetime? OMFG :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :pctoss :pctoss

Who the fuck schedules these games.

trueD
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Because Spurs must rise to the occassion and play while tired, and Mavs need to get into a groove early in order to compete on a road trip, Game 1 should be vedy intudesteeng b-ball.

Like someone else said, Spurs definitely have the momentum. And both teams will easily jet home between road games. It's not like a Laker/Clip thing, but better than Spurs/Kings. After some rest the Spurs should be able to put the Mavs away in 6 games.

Spurs will win Game 1 and Mavs should take Game 2.

Diplomacy at it's best. :lol

angel_luv
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
This is late, but I wanted to add my props for Coach Adelman.

He showed guts and class. :tu

timvp
05-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Rick Adleman is VERY classy. The move he did that showed the MOST class was when he lost the game for the Kings. For some unknown reason, he changed his gameplan from punishing the Spurs with Wells and Artest all night to a gameplan which revolved around getting Mike Bibby going. That change allowed the Spurs to win Game 6.

I would sit and try to figure out why Adleman would change what worked so well for four games in a row, but I'm too busy thinking about the Mavs now.

:smokin

T Park
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Rick Adleman is VERY classy. The move he did that showed the MOST class was when he lost the game for the Kings. For some unknown reason, he changed his gameplan from punishing the Spurs with Wells and Artest all night to a gameplan which revolved around Mike Bibby going. That change allowed the Spurs to win Game 6.

I would sit and think why the heck would Adleman change what worked so well for four games in a row, but I'm too busy thinking about the Mavs now

Can't count how many times you said last night wtf are they doing? :lol

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Rick Adelman is full of fucking excuses. He is trying to cover up all the excuses he made for his kings by making one for the spurs. Lame. :rolleyes

T Park
05-06-2006, 06:23 PM

mavs fan gets quite bitter and jumpy around the time the Spurs are about to beat the living shit out of em.