PDA

View Full Version : Quick thoughts on Mavs-Spurs...

aaronstampler
05-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm not remotely worried.

Manu can't get defensed any harder than he already did. The worst is over.

Tim doesn't have any bigs to worry about shooting the ball from 18 feet. He can roam inside the paint and help out and/or rebound all game long now.

Terry can't guard Tony any better than Bibby could(n't).

Bowen gets to guard somebody on the perimeter again. Yay.

I'm not sure they have any homicidal maniacs on their team. Maybe the owner.

Bring on those soft bitches.

1Parker1
05-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Tony is suffering from a few nagging injuries here and the rest of the Spurs just played a tough fought 6 game series, while the Mavs have been resting on their behinds eating Cheetos. Next game is 36 hours away.

HCA could be taken away :(

SequSpur
05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Spurs in Four.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
HCA could be taken away :(

BELIEVE

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2006, 12:53 AM
This series might still take as long as the Kings series, but it won't be as tough. Sacramento matched up well against the Spurs and they are a physical team. Dallas is softer, and rely more on the outside shot than 20 offensive rebounds and driving it to the basket.

Dirk may get hot a couple of games, but in the end, I see the Spurs winning. I wouldn't even be that surprised if the Spurs lost game 1 from being banged up and tired and the Mavs having all that rest and time to prepare for this series.

Believe.

Beer is Good
05-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Spurs won't lose game 1. They've got it rolling now and the quick turn around will let them come out on the roll. The ATT fans need to come out SMOKING HOT and turn it into a super HCA. Cheer them on and they wont have a problem. Besides, they play tuesday and then have until sat. to rest. The bench will be big, but TP, Manu, and TIMMMMMMMY will be big.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-06-2006, 01:01 AM

:lmao

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

J.T.
05-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Manu will be the breakout player of the series.

ponky
05-06-2006, 01:22 AM

Manu can't get defensed any harder than he already did. The worst is over.

Tim doesn't have any bigs to worry about shooting the ball from 18 feet. He can roam inside the paint and help out and/or rebound all game long now.

Bowen gets to guard somebody on the perimeter again. Yay.

When you say stuff like "I'm not REMOTELY worried" chances are you're probably a bit worried. Anyway, I'm not going to troll all night long and respond to insults about the Mavericks but I will point out a couple of flaws with your conclusions about the matchup.

1. DIOP, DAMPIER, MBENGA, three bigs to counter Duncan, Mbenga can come in and rack up some fouls if need be to wear down Duncan.

2. While Terry may not be as quick as Parker, Devin Harris most certainly is, and he's finally healthy.

3. Bowen can finally guard somebody on the perimeter, but who will that be? Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki or Jason Terry?

Anyway, just food for thought, I'll save the trolling until Sunday...what's that, less than 37 hours away?

JHoLove
05-06-2006, 01:24 AM

Well, worried or not. I'm excited about this series.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I'll laugh my ass off if Diop, Damp and Mbenga come close to having the same combined line as Duncan. And don't even get started about matchup problems, after the Sacramento "Matchup Nightmare" Kings, we are going to rip you a new one.

ploto
05-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Start: Tim, Tony, Manu, Bruce, and Horry. Start Horry on Dirk. Give Finley lots of chances to stick it to the Mavs. Bring in Rasho to match up with Dampier off the bench. Make court time for Brent.

SilverPlayer
05-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Bowen can guard anyone he wants on the mavs team from 1-4...Anyone.

Beer is Good
05-06-2006, 01:51 AM
When you say stuff like "I'm not REMOTELY worried" chances are you're probably a bit worried. Anyway, I'm not going to troll all night long and respond to insults about the Mavericks but I will point out a couple of flaws with your conclusions about the matchup.

1. DIOP, DAMPIER, MBENGA, three bigs to counter Duncan, Mbenga can come in and rack up some fouls if need be to wear down Duncan.

2. While Terry may not be as quick as Parker, Devin Harris most certainly is, and he's finally healthy.

3. Bowen can finally guard somebody on the perimeter, but who will that be? Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki or Jason Terry?

Anyway, just food for thought, I'll save the trolling until Sunday...what's that, less than 37 hours away?

I Know I'm just a stupid troll, but I really need a hug. My Mavs are going to be DESTROYED by the mighty SPURS. I am here to talk shit because I know we have no chance and it makes me feel better. I am gay. Please just disregard anything I say.

leemajors
05-06-2006, 01:59 AM
devin is not as fast as parker on the court. he is pretty quick, but monta ellis is the only player i have seen keep up with parker.

greyforest
05-06-2006, 02:11 AM
hmm...
going to guess another spurs in 6

Slydragon
05-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I hope Finley burns cuban bad.

aaronstampler
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
I hope Finley burns cuban bad.

Well obviously he's gonna have the motivation to play well. I can only imagine how upset I'd be with my boss if he fired me and gave me a $50 million severance package. Fuck that guy!

LB7
05-06-2006, 02:31 PM
devin is not as fast as parker on the court. he is pretty quick, but monta ellis is the only player i have seen keep up with parker.
Maybe not as fast, but definitely as quick. Two different things there.

Texas_Ranger
05-06-2006, 02:32 PM
SPURS in 5 :spin

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I think its going to be a great series. I think the Spurs will win but that does not mean I think Dallas has no shot. Two great teams lined up for what I think will be a classic.

Shank
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if Diop, Damp and Mbenga come close to having the same combined line as Duncan. And don't even get started about matchup problems, after the Sacramento "Matchup Nightmare" Kings, we are going to rip you a new one.

Got this from a poster on a Mavs board:

Spurs Bigs Game 1-(Duncan, Nazr, Horry, Rasho, Oberto)
50 pts, 28 rbs, 6 blks, 2 stls

Mavs Bigs Game 1-(only Dirk, Damp, Diop played)
43 pts, 28 rbs, 3 blks, 3 stls

Spurs Bigs Game 2(OT)-(Duncan, Nazr, Horry, Rasho)
35 pts, 23 rbs, 8 blks, 3 stls

Mavs Bigs Game 2-(Dirk, Diop, Damp, DJ, Powell)
44 pts, 14 rbs, 4 blks, 0 stls

Spurs Bigs Game 3-(Duncan, Nazr, Horry, Rasho)
39 pts, 24 rbs, 7 blks, 3 stls

Mavs Bigs Game 3(OT)-(Dirk, Diop, Damp)
38 pts, 24 rbs, 4 blks, 1 stl

Spurs Bigs Game 4-(Duncan, Nazr, Horry, Rasho, Oberto)
35 pts, 21 rbs, 1 blk, 0 stls

Mavs Bigs Game 4-(Dirk, Diop, Damp, DJ, Powell)
33 pts, 25 rbs, 5 blks, 4 stls

4 Game Averages

Spurs Bigs
39.75 pts, 24 rbs, 5.5 blks, 2 stls

Mavs Bigs
39.5 pts, 22.75 rbs, 4 blks, 2 stls

Dallas' center position (bigs) match up just fine with San Antonio's.

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Another reason why I think it will be a great series.

Borosai
05-06-2006, 03:02 PM
At this point, I feel that the opening round against the Kings was the best thing for the Spurs. Although they may be a bit tired, at least they have been turned on edge and are mentally and physically ready for anything...coming out of the first round. That's a good thing. It will definitely be a good and challenging series.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
1.Terry and Harris>Parker and some scrub.
2.Bowen can't guard Dirk consistently. Dirk will do to him like he did in the last meeting.
3.I would rather have Diop, Dampier, and Mbenga guarding Tim and let Tim roam around than have Tim abuse some softy like Brad Miller and spreading the floor. The mavs won't double team Tim as much as the Kings because they really don't need to.

rayray2k8
05-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I just hope nobody gets hurt, and complains about it being the reason why the other team won.

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 03:25 PM

I agree with 1, but I think he meant that Duncan can now get some more rebounds and most likely blocks since he won't be guarding Dirk. Duncan won't have it easy, but I don't think he'll be taken out of any game.

Devin Harris cannot guard Parker that well. Parker is a lightning quick, veteran guard who can torch anyone who has guarded him this season. Why will Devin Harris do a better job than anyone else?

Bowen will probably guard Nowitzki or Howard. Parker will guard Terry.

This won't be an easy series at all. I do think that whoever wins will win in six games or less.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Devin Harris is one of the best on the ball point guard defenders in the league. That is why I think he will bother Parker.

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM

You are one stupid, naive bitch.

zeleni
05-06-2006, 04:37 PM
A quick thought....

We have a pretty easy series ahead of us. The key will be to relax on the couch observing Nowitzki and Duncan making all those shots. Believe it or not, I believe this series will be decided on the point guard position. Beno and VanX will have a much greater part against Dallas. I am hoping for a great breakout game (a not much more) by Razr against scrubs like Diop and Dampier.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 04:39 PM
A quick thought....

We have a pretty easy series ahead of us. The key will be to relax on the couch observing Nowitzki and Duncan making all those shots. Believe it or not, I believe this series will be decided on the point guard position. Beno and VanX will have a much greater part against Dallas. I am hoping for a great breakout game (a not much more) by Razr against scrubs like Diop and Dampier.
:lmao :rolleyes

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2006, 04:41 PM
In a strange way I think this series helped us figure out how we can defend Dirk although I am not sure there is such a defense. Now I realize Dirk gets the ball everyhere on the court but the Bonzi matchup caused us to do things we don't like to do specifically double team. I am not sure what Pop has in store but I get the feeling we will see lots of isolation with Dirk on the wing... In game six the same isolation plays for Bonzi seemd to be better defended and it looked as though ,teamwise, we were able to give him trouble

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Bonzi is a 6'4 post up player and Dirk is a 7'0 player that shoots from the outside. Not quite the same.

zeleni
05-06-2006, 04:49 PM
:lmao :rolleyes
don't be redirkulus

lil'mo
05-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Bonzi is a 6'4 post up player and Dirk is a 7'0 player that shoots from the outside. Not quite the same.
normally yes, but bonzi was everywhere in the last series

leemajors
05-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe not as fast, but definitely as quick. Two different things there.

not as quick after a cut. harris may be faster fullcourt in the straight line, but he can't stop on a dime and be back at full speed after a step like tony.

word
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
The reasons the Mavs will be eliminated is:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2005-05-19-dampier.jpg

in my humble opinion. He's just not tough enough.

Shank
05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
What, the backup center? Bold prediction on your part.

LB7
05-06-2006, 05:16 PM
not as quick after a cut. harris may be faster fullcourt in the straight line, but he can't stop on a dime and be back at full speed after a step like tony.
Fair enough. Only time will tell. I may be wrong. You may be wrong. Let the games begin.

boutons_
05-06-2006, 06:40 PM
ex-Mavs Michael and Nick had superb games vs Mavs in last season game.

http://www.nba.com/games/20060407/DALSAS/boxscore.html

I expect them both to bring that mojo again in the Mavs series.

SANANTOJAMES
05-06-2006, 06:43 PM
i hope spurs stay healthy and i hope we win

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
And don't even get started about matchup problems, after the Sacramento "Matchup Nightmare" Kings, we are going to rip you a new one.

I can't WAIT to see Tim Duncan hobble around on one foot trying to guard Josh Howard.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I think, entering Game 1, that anyone who thinks we'll see consistent matchups over sustained periods of time is a fool.

AJ is going to run screen after screen after screen trying to work towards mismatches. At some point, Pop will have the Spurs switch everything and work behind the play to create favorable matchups.

If you wish to assume that matchups will stay as they begin, however, Duncan will defend Griffin and not Howard.

Leetonidas
05-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Spurs in Four.

:tu

Leetonidas
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
2.Bowen can't guard Dirk consistently. Dirk will do to him like he did in the last meeting.
3.I would rather have Diop, Dampier, and Mbenga guarding Tim and let Tim roam around than have Tim abuse some softy like Brad Miller and spreading the floor. The mavs won't double team Tim as much as the Kings because they really don't need to.

The Spurs will probably treat Dirk the way they did Amaré last year; let him score all the points and shut down everyone else.

Vingianx
05-07-2006, 01:01 AM

1. Duncan made less of bigger name "Bigs" in the Kings series (i.e. miller, abdur rahim)

2. Devin is not quicker than Tony Parker

3. Bowen will guard whomever got the hot touch n move in to his head

4. Manu don't need to worry about Artest

5. We got Finley

6. Our bench is better

7. Dampier?

8. Defense wins championships not offense, on which do you rely more?

9. They are the Spurs NBA Champions

10. These are the Mavericks we are talking about

Vingianx
05-07-2006, 01:03 AM
And don't even get started about matchup problems, after the Sacramento "Matchup Nightmare" Kings, we are going to rip you a new one.

I can't WAIT to see Tim Duncan hobble around on one foot trying to guard Josh Howard.

I can't wait to see Duncan post against that little bitch Howard

J.T.
05-07-2006, 01:06 AM

Duncan on Howard? Bitch, please.
:idiot