PDA

View Full Version : Let's review

Neuromancer
05-06-2006, 09:09 AM
So the spurs bust their asses all season long for a Home Court Advantage. Now they have to play the true number 2 seed in the second round, and only 40 hours after they eliminate a team that's banged them up badly.

I think the fans are going to have to energize the spurs on this one. Cuz we're gettin screwed hard. Hard.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 09:51 AM
What's really stupid is there's freqeuntly too much time between games during a series.

If they had gotten rid of unecessary 2-off-day delays, they could add days between the series.

boutons_
05-06-2006, 09:56 AM
The Spurs will have next wed/thu/fri off between Game2 and 3, but only 40 hours between Kings and Mavs.

I sure hope Spurs org protests vehemently to the NBA.

If the Spurs come out flat and tired and get beat in Game1, giving Mavs their split and theft of HCA, I'll be even more super pissed.

"May people who MAKE the schedule (try to) PLAY the schedule" NBA mofo's.

Shank
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Either Game 1 or Game 7, it was going to be Sunday afternoon. It's funny to think that the entire playoffs are played in a span of just around 2 MONTHS. Nice.

The time-off will come in that huge Tuesday-Saturday gap they have scheduled. I think a M-W-F-SUN would have been just about perfect.

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I dont get why everyone is complaining. It's just like the majority of the regular season games with a day of rest in between, and didn't we go 52-5 or something?

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I am tiring of hearing how old the spurs are. I have been around enough Mav fans to know that they assume their youth will over take our old team. I think this series will demonstrate this notion is bogus.

Shank
05-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I dont get why everyone is complaining. It's just like the majority of the regular season games with a day of rest in between, and didn't we go 52-5 or something?

But what were the Spurs in back-to-backs? Would you argue that Sunday's game is essentially just that?

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2006, 10:04 AM
But what were the Spurs in back-to-backs? Would you argue that Sunday's game is essentially just that?

Lookng forward to playing a team that is bad when it comes to playing back to back shows that you are not confident enough in your team to play them rested. I find it humerous that Mav fans are excited the SPurs are playing virtual back to back games. If the SPurs manage to win game 1 against the mighty mavs what does that say about them?

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 10:12 AM

No, I wouldn't because it's not. They are flying back today, they got a good rest last night, and they will have good rest tonight. Everyone should be fine.

Shank
05-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I never intimated anything about being worried. I'm merely pointing out that B2Bs have been difficult on the Spurs this season. Duncan can always use the little extra time off as would Parker, I'd imagine.

The Spurs had 15 BTB games this season and lost the 2nd game of those 10 times.

There's no need for you to go on the offensive, I'm merely pointing out what has been said about the Spurs in relation to their schedule all season long.

JamStone
05-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Boo hoo.

The Spurs should still win game 1. They just need to nut up and not be pussies about playing less than 48 hours later.

Had they dispatched of the Kings in four or five games, maybe they would have had more time in between.

A true champion will persevere and overcome.

DDS4
05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Boo hoo.

The Spurs should still win game 1. They just need to nut up and not be pussies about playing less than 48 hours later.

Had they dispatched of the Kings in four or five games, maybe they would have had more time in between.

I agree.

Actually, the Spurs played pretty well last night. Found a good rhythm. Maybe it will carry over onto Sunday.

SAGambler
05-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Well, we will just see how this plays out. Dirk has said he would rather be playing than sitting, so who knows if he will maybe come out rusty. If Dirk is a bit rusty, and given that Bowen will be in his face, Dirk could have a very off night (or day as the case may be). If Dirk is off, the Mavs are off.

Yeah, it's a bitch, having to play with little rest, but it could work in the Spurs favor. That third quarter last night probably had some nervous Mavs fans shittin their pants.

5ToolMan
05-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I never intimated anything about being worried. I'm merely pointing out that B2Bs have been difficult on the Spurs this season. Duncan can always use the little extra time off as would Parker, I'd imagine.

The Spurs had 15 BTB games this season and lost the 2nd game of those 10 times.

There's no need for you to go on the offensive, I'm merely pointing out what has been said about the Spurs in relation to their schedule all season long.

Comparing any playoff game to any regular season games is like comparing apples to oranges. B2B's in the regular season often come during long grueling stretches, and are often against uninspiring competition.

Sunday's game is not a B2B, and the playoff schedule has been less than grueling despite the great fight put up by Wells and the Kings. AND the Spurs will be inspired against the trash talking Mavs and their clueless fans.

5ToolMan
05-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Boo hoo.

"Spoken" like a fool who thinks this one and done Pistons know more about playing championship hoops than Duncan and his three times and counting Championship Spurs. LOL!

Shank
05-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Comparing any playoff game to any regular season games is like comparing apples to oranges. B2B's in the regular season often come during long grueling stretches, and are often against uninspiring competition.

Sunday's game is not a B2B, and the playoff schedule has been less than grueling despite the great fight put up by Wells and the Kings. AND the Spurs will be inspired against the trash talking Mavs and their clueless fans.

Show me where any of the Mavericks themselves have talked trash. It's not what they do.

Barry is the one who came out the other day with the line about the Mavs needing to recruit some of the Kings just to have a shot.

boutons_
05-06-2006, 11:07 AM
As has been so usual this season, it was the Spurs 3Gs in the 3rd that broke Sac's will and put the game away. The Spurs were cold on 3Gs in the first half, game was close. Spurs shot 3Gs much better in 2nd half, and 9/19 3Gs, 47% for the game. The 2 games the Spurs lost vs Kings were horrible in Spurs 3Gs, 9/33, 27%.

Spurs have become very dependent on 3Gs and jumpers for winning.
Tim took only 8 shots, while Tim/Tony/Bruce/Michael took 51 shots.

The Spurs lost the paint, again, 34 - 40, which has been common this year, but rare last season.

These Spurs quite different from the Spurs of the past 3 years.

Not complaining, it's fine with me, as long as it works. :)

J.T.
05-06-2006, 11:08 AM
This is the PLAYOFFS. Our season B2B record means shit now. And those games we finished at midnight or 11PM and had to be in someone else's gym the next afternoon. We get a whole fucking day off between games, like hell this is a back to back. There's a big difference between having 36 hours between games and having 12. Anyone thinking the Spurs will be slow and flat because of the quick turnaround is fucking clown shoes because we're getting three times the amount of time between games than we did between normal B2B situations. Just hope both teams show up and put on a good show, because this series is gonna be hot.

BELIEVE!

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
If the Spurs need two + days of rest in order to win IN THE PLAYOFFS, then they shouldn't be competing.