PDA

View Full Version : Do you really feel like it'll be a sweep?

pking
05-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Either way? SA sweeps Dallas, Dallas sweeps SA. Whatever team you're a fan of...Do you really think your team will sweep?

I know there's quite a few people here saying so-and-so team will sweep. I just can't tell if you're kidding around...being cocky-confident or if you honestly think that'll happen.

Just a question. Kinda curious as to what some of you people think.

I personally don't think it'll be a sweep either way. I think it's going to be a tough series and by far the most entertaining and competative second round series. (shouldn't have been a second round series, but whatever.)

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2006, 12:31 PM
no.

retarded forum.

lil'mo
05-06-2006, 12:34 PM
the only sweeps we'll possibly see will be in the WCF's

dallas is too good to sweep

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 12:35 PM
This series could easily go six as well.

exstatic
05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
My initial gut feeling is 6 games, Spurs win.

nkdlunch
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
this will go 6 or 7

SAGambler
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Depends on tomorrrow on whether it goes 5 or 6. If Spurs win with little rest, it goes 5. If the fatigue factor catches up with the Spurs and the Mavs win tomorrow, it goes 6.

We have a deep bench. Tomorrow that depth will need to carry the Spurs. Bench needs to put up close to 50 points. Tony and Manu need about 25 each, and Bruce hold Dirk to 35 to 40 percent shooting. Tim playing his normal game. And that should put the Spurs over the top.

Need big bench points from Fin, Vanx, Beno (if he gets in), Barry, and Horry. Need some solid D from Rasho and Nazr (or at least a bunch of boards)

I still see Pop going 10 deep on the roster. Keep running at em and never let up. If Spurs get a good lead, put the pedal to the metal and stomp on em..

Would love to see Nazr hit another 3pt with 5 seconds left for a 35 point blowout...lol

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 12:46 PM
No

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Im even a little worried about game 1. Thanks NBA for scheduling us the early game on Sunday after playing a late game on Friday night.:flipoff

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I think it will be a war.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
It's impossible to tell at this point. It could be a sweep, but we won't know till the series starts. Everyone thought Phoenix would take us deep into that series, and well, they got owned.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Mavs in 6. That is just trash talking about sweep. Both teams are too good to be sweeped because they both play hard.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2006, 01:05 PM
if spurs win game 1, it be a sweep, if spurs lose game 1, it be spurs in 5 games.

shelshor
05-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Spurs in 6---mainly because of that idiotic b2b the league scheduled for the Spurs for game 1

jn77
Look at each team's first round opponent. The Mav's made easy work of memphis. The starting five never broke a sweat. They have had a week off and no amount of shootarounds or practices compare to playing actual games. The Spurs were tested by the King's. They had their WTF moments and found their game in Game 5. They are slipping into the groove that won them the championship last year. The Mav's and Spurs play similar styles. It is going to come down to who executes the game plan better. One major differance between the Spurs and Mav's: The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench! I look for the spurs in six! :flag:

J.T.
Mavs in 6. That is just trash talking about sweep. Both teams are too good to be sweeped because they both play hard.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/bullshit_repellent2.JPG
http://my.opera.com/nosajman/homes/files/bullshit.jpg

SAGambler
05-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Key to Spurs winning.....

'Take Tony Parker out into the parking lot and beat the shit out of him with a ball bat.

Make him a "game time decision"....

He'll put up 40.....

J.T.
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Robert Horry vs Steakhouse Round 2

TurkishTimDuncan
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
We can do everything. But We must use everyattack To duncan. Becouse Duncan can destroy Dirk

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 01:47 PM
They are slipping into the groove that won them the championship last year.
Slowly, but surely.

Sasha
05-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Either way? SA sweeps Dallas, Dallas sweeps SA. Whatever team you're a fan of...Do you really think your team will sweep?

Not a chance! It's gonna be an ass-busting series all the way around. :nope

Shank
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench!

No they don't.

Despot
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
If Duncan finally plays like DUNCAN consistently, Spurs in 5, if we get the same duncan that we have had all season, it will probably go 7.

It feels weird saying this, but Duncan is the X-factor.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Spurs in Six.

Five if Dirk folds.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2006, 02:10 PM
No matter the outcome, Dirk folds.

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Spurs in 7. I think this series will be a classic.

LB7
05-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Look at each team's first round opponent. The Mav's made easy work of memphis. The starting five never broke a sweat. They have had a week off and no amount of shootarounds or practices compare to playing actual games. The Spurs were tested by the King's. They had their WTF moments and found their game in Game 5. They are slipping into the groove that won them the championship last year. The Mav's and Spurs play similar styles. It is going to come down to who executes the game plan better. One major differance between the Spurs and Mav's: The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench! I look for the spurs in six! :flag:
Not starting any kind of trash-talking war here but what is it that makes you feel like the Spurs have a WAY deeper bench? Yes, it is deep but how is it so much deeper than what the Mavs have. It is had been said all along that the Mavs have one of the deepest in the league. Just a question.

SpursWoman
05-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Spurs in 6

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:45 PM
It is had been said all along that the Mavs have one of the deepest in the league.

Yes it has. The same thing has been said about the Spurs bench. IMO, the Mavs bench is younger and more athletic, the Spurs bench is more talented and experienced.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Not starting any kind of trash-talking war here but what is it that makes you feel like the Spurs have a WAY deeper bench? Yes, it is deep but how is it so much deeper than what the Mavs have. It is had been said all along that the Mavs have one of the deepest in the league. Just a question.

Our bench outplayed your bench in every head-to-head game this season except the first one when Harris scored 22. That will not happen in this series.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I really don't care who wins, I just want the series to go 7 with a few OT games sprinkled in.

Shank
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for Beno Udrih to rip Dallas a new one.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for Beno Udrih to rip Dallas a new one.

Finley will make you regret buying him off. Book it. And, looking into my crystal ball, I see a lot of "Horry for 3.... YES!!" in the future.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I am sensing a Finley vanishing act in 2 games...

Dunc
05-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Spurs in 6 or 7. Every game will be close, with a possible blowout. If Dallas had homecourt for game 1, I think the Mavs would kill the Spurs to start off (yeah yeah, best road record in the league) because of the fresh legs vs near b2b legs, but I think game 1 will also be close either way because of SA's homecourt edge.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Harris>Van Exel
Daniels>Finley
Stackhouse>Brent Barry
Van Horn<Horry
Dampier>Rasho

MannyIsGod
05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Spurs in 7. Its gonna be epic.

LB7
05-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Fair enough. I will take the more athletic bench, especially since they aren't just a bunch of inexperience rookies anymore. Harris has been a good weapon against the Spurs when healthy. KVH, while this isn't much of an argument, has been to the finals. No, I don't think he'll be a factor so don't think I'm saying that. Daniels has proven he can score. Stackhouse brings a toughness and, when he is on, can be dangerous. Dampier can be a good force if he is as aggressive as he was in the first round. Finley continuously choked in the playoffs while with us. I loved him but I don't know if I would count on some kind of breakout from him. Of course, you never know. Horry is always dangerous, no doubt. Brent Barry can get hot. Rasho, I don't see as a big threat. And NVE, well, I'll take Harris. Nick could get hot but I'd still take Harris. All in all, both deep benches. My question was how are the spurs SO MUCH deeper than the Mavs? No one really answered that, especially the one who said it.

Also, I don't see how the Spurs bench is necessarily more talented. Just my 2 cents

lil'mo
05-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Harris>Van Exel
Daniels>Finley
Stackhouse>Brent Barry
Van Horn<Horry
Dampier>Rasho
:lol

ObiwanGinobili
05-06-2006, 04:24 PM
no sweep.
for anyone.

Spurs in 6.

Shank
05-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Harris>Van Exel
Daniels>Finley
Stackhouse>Brent Barry
Van Horn<Horry
Dampier>Rasho

True.

BigD1
05-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Look at each team's first round opponent. The Mav's made easy work of memphis. The starting five never broke a sweat. They have had a week off and no amount of shootarounds or practices compare to playing actual games. The Spurs were tested by the King's. They had their WTF moments and found their game in Game 5. They are slipping into the groove that won them the championship last year. The Mav's and Spurs play similar styles. It is going to come down to who executes the game plan better. One major differance between the Spurs and Mav's: The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench! I look for the spurs in six! :flag:I don't know about the bench being deeper for the Spurs.
Horry>KVH That's about it!
Stack>Fin
Harris>NVE
Daniels=Barry
Damp>Rasho

Beno,Armstrong,Marks, Mbenga...Those guys won't play.
I like the Mav's bench a little better.

boutons_
05-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Being greedy, I'd really like Spurs to take both Games1 and 2.

The Spurs might ignore their one night's rest and ambush the Mavs in Game1 like they did with the Kings.

But Game2, etc will be tougher, no more surprises, as both teams settle down and into the series.

4-2 sounds about right, best scenario:

2 - 0 @ATT

1 - 1 @AAA

W to close out 4-1 @ATT.

Or, an L @ATT as Mavs "sauver l'honneur", then...

W to close out @AAA, 4-2.

Going 7 games would be disappointing.

===============

I figure LeBron will get one W, but Pistons take the Cavs 4-1.

mavsfan1000
05-06-2006, 05:51 PM
My prediction. Mavs win game 1, lose game 2, win game 3, win game 4, lose game 5, and win game 6.
Mavs win 4-2.

NoMoneyDown
05-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Spurs will win in 5, maybe 6, games. They are a different beast come PO time. Dallas will fold as usual. Dallas sweeps a #22 seed Memphis squad, while SA beats in reality a #2/#3 seed Sacto squad in 6 games.

DannyT
05-06-2006, 07:49 PM
this series mos def has potential to go 7 games ....alls i can tell you is that i am extremely excited about this battle for the west right here........

grab you juevos cause its gonna get ugly fellas

DubMcDub
05-06-2006, 08:55 PM
My prediction. Mavs win game 1, lose game 2, win game 3, win game 4, lose game 5, and win game 6.
Mavs win 4-2.

This is my prediction as well.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 09:00 PM
The only chance Mavs have to win any game is game 1. Prepare to be mauled, you have no fucking clue.

Spurs in 5.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Mavs win 4-2.
ah yes......signatures in the making. please contribute daily. :D

T-Pain
05-06-2006, 10:46 PM

I know there's quite a few people here saying so-and-so team will sweep. I just can't tell if you're kidding around...being cocky-confident or if you honestly think that'll happen.

Just a question. Kinda curious as to what some of you people think.

I personally don't think it'll be a sweep either way. I think it's going to be a tough series and by far the most entertaining and competative second round series. (shouldn't have been a second round series, but whatever.)
hell no, there aint gonna be no sweep, thats crazy.

ducks
05-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I figure cavs will get swepted
I would double or triple team lebron
lets see if james is as good as david robinson win they did that to him all the time

rayray2k8
05-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Six or seven.
Spurs in six
or Dallas in seven.
This is the best version of the mavs ever put together.
Problem is, they're facing the best Spurs team put together.
But Dallas has a good chance of stealing game 1.
Cant wait. ;)

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:17 PM
: The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench! I look for the spurs in six! :flag:

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:29 PM
The Spurs have a WAY Deeper bench! I look for the spurs in six!

I'll see your over the hill Van Exel and spot you Craphouse. I'll see your streaky outside shooter Finley and raise you Marquis Daniels. I'll see your reliable outside shooter Barry and spot you a penetrating slasher Devin Harris. Both these teams go 10 deep. Bench strength is even. These teams are pretty much even. For me, Dallas wins if they can maintain their newfound defensive intensity and exploit the mismatches they have, i.e. Duncan forced to guard Howard if Pop refuses to put him on Dirk early. San Antonio wins if Dallas can't keep Parker out of the lane, the Mavs are forced to double team Duncan, Horry doesn't need help keeping Dirk from going off and Finley, Barry and the others hit their outside shots.

No matter the outcome, Dirk folds.

I'm picking the Spurs in seven on account of home court advantage. In reality, the winner of Game Five wins the series. I see the two teams splitting the first four, with each team stealing a road win. If Dallas steals another in game five, they close the Spurs out at home. If San Antonio wins, then the home teams hold serve. In any event, Dirk is not soft. When I hear the word soft, I think of someone who is not mentally tough or who wilts under relentless physical pressure. That's not Dirk anymore. This ain't the old Nellie Mavs. We may not win this series, but we're not soft. And even if you get past us, you won't repeat with Duncan putting up 13 and 10 every night. Playing with that foot injury is courageous but you won't win a title for it. Last year it took a healthy Duncan and home court to BARELY get past Detroit in seven games. This year you don't have any of that. Pistons in six over the Spurs.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Duncan played the entire postseason last year on two bum ankles. You live up to the Mav fan stereotype of not knowing shit. If Parker hits his jumpers, and he will, he doesn't need the lane to punish you. Bring whatever you want, the Mavs are out in 5.

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:41 PM
If Parker hits his jumpers, and he will, he doesn't need the lane to punish you. Bring whatever you want, the Mavs are out in 5.

I'll believe it when I see it. Parker always fades in the postseason. Anyways, enjoy getting pounded by Detroit.

dieman8686
05-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Wait so Duncan is eternally injuried? Seriously just stop the BS about Tim being injuried in every fucking situation....(I know he is injured with his for got gay scientific name, but I a Mavs fan do know what is wrong with him). I'm just tired of everyone saying that every fucking spurs player is injuried. This shit is part of the game stop shitting yourself over him being injuried, the played more minutes this season the last season. Why would that be, if he is so dramatically injuried. His injury takes up to 6 months to a year to heal his heel, yet he was even played more at the end of the season...

I look at this as Timmy's beginning of his downside of his game. Reason why T-Park had a better year, he took shit form Timmy

But. seriously I' dont want to hear about him being injuried every fucking time... get over it, it's part of him now...

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
If Parker hits his jumpers, and he will, he doesn't need the lane to punish you. Bring whatever you want, the Mavs are out in 5.

I'll believe it when I see it. Parker always fades in the postseason. Anyways, enjoy getting pounded by Detroit.

did you just concede the series?