PDA

View Full Version : Listen up

J.T.
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Game 1 is not even close to being a back to back, they over 24 hours off between games. It's not like they had to fly home last night to get ready for a 7PM game today. They'll be fine, it's the playoffs, time for all of you doubters to nut up like the rest of the team and get ready to roll with Dallas. Spurs have momentum going into this. Sacto was a good first round eye opening, beast awakening series. I guarantee you if it was the other way around and we swept Memphis and they played Sac, they'd catch us playing soft on them. Sac taught us that even an 8 seed can run with the best. The Spurs will be prepared and ready to kick some Maverick ass. Book it.

http://www.todato.net/manu-ginobili/images/manu_ginobili_1.jpg

B-E-L-I-E-V-E

Budkin
05-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Amen!

themvp
05-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Word!

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 01:34 PM
You sure you want to refer to your fellow Spurs fans as idiots, just because they're concerned about their team's fatigue?

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I still think it was shitty of them to schedule us for the early game.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm calling people idiots who think this game is a b2b when it's not. I'd rather the game be later too but I have faith the Spurs will bring it. I ain't pissing my pants over a 36 hour break in play.

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't think anyone is saying it's a back to back, but that it's too soon.

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't think anyone is saying it's a back to back, but that it's too soon.I never heard anyone say B2B either, but 24 hours is not alot of time between series.

themvp
05-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I never heard anyone say B2B either, but 24 hours is not alot of time between series.

Exactly. The opponent is different. We have to prepare for them. This is no more regular season. This is for real. I do not know what Stern was thinking. :rolleyes

Believe

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I never heard anyone say B2B either, but 24 hours is not alot of time between series.
It many not be, but we sure do boast about our boys being battle-tested. Let this be another test for the Spurs to pull through in spite of their fatigue.

Sasha
05-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Game 1 is not even close to being a back to back, they over 24 hours off between games. It's not like they had to fly home last night to get ready for a 7PM game today. They'll be fine, it's the playoffs, time for all of you doubters to nut up like the rest of the team and get ready to roll with Dallas. Spurs have momentum going into this. Sacto was a good first round eye opening, beast awakening series. I guarantee you if it was the other way around and we swept Memphis and they played Sac, they'd catch us playing soft on them. Sac taught us that even an 8 seed can run with the best. The Spurs will be prepared and ready to kick some Maverick ass. Book it.

http://www.todato.net/manu-ginobili/images/manu_ginobili_1.jpg

B-E-L-I-E-V-E

Bowen said last night, "It's the playoffs, man! We're ready!" I'll take his word for it. My only concern is Parker's hip & thigh...

themvp
05-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Let us just not be soft. Are we with this team or not? Stop crying.

Shank
05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
...and the excuse is firmly planted.

Mombear
05-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Where was this Prozax taking fool after last Sundays game? :lol

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh, like Dallas wouldn't be just as worried if this were happening to your team. Such a hypocrite.

Leetonidas
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM

Yep, you found your excuse in this topic as the Mavs will come out soft and lackadasical.

Shank
05-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Yep, you found your excuse in this topic as the Mavs will come out soft and lackadasical.

Says who? Your no-name ass?

Leetonidas
05-06-2006, 01:55 PM

Me? No-name? Wow, classic. A new troll calling someone who's been here for over a year a no-name. HILARIOUS. :lmao

J.T.
05-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Says who? Your no-name team?

http://xyberfreeza.homestead.com/files/owned.jpg

Shank
05-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Me? No-name? Wow, classic. A new troll calling someone who's been here for over a year a no-name. HILARIOUS. :lmao

So your time on a messageboard automatically gives you carte blanche to make inane predictions? Congratulations.

Spurs fans are all the same. They know very little about the actual game. They're fed pedantic "Go Spurs, Go" chants. When faced with adversity, they go to championship count. They're blinded by the idea that somehow, their team never loses.

This next round will be your wake-up call.

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Spurs fans are all the same

You just showed your ignorance if you really believe that.

Shank
05-06-2006, 02:27 PM
You just showed your ignorance if you really believe that.

Your companions on this board haven't proven the contrary.

TOP-CHERRY
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
So your time on a messageboard automatically gives you carte blanche to make inane predictions? Congratulations.

Spurs fans are all the same. They know very little about the actual game. They're fed pedantic "Go Spurs, Go" chants. When faced with adversity, they go to championship count. They're blinded by the idea that somehow, their team never loses.

This next round will be your wake-up call.
Are you serious? A Mavericks fan lecturing other fans about not knowing their team or the game? Look around you.

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Your companions on this board haven't proven the contrary.

Some have not but not all. One member posts that and you think all think that way?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Some have not but not all. One member posts that and you think all think that way?

Yes.

Spurs suck, Mavs in 3...

samikeyp
05-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Yes.

Spurs suck, Mavs in 3...

:lol

jman3000
05-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Mavericks had the same situation in the 03 playoffs. They had just finished up a tough 7 game series against Sacramento and they had to start the WCF against the Spurs in about the same time we have to prepare for them now. The Mavs fans were complaining that the league was screwing them and it was a conspiracy, but when they won game 1 they started saying how they were just plain better and that the Spurs' first championship was a fluke and it was the Mavs' destiny or whatever. What they didn't see is that they won a game by 3 points and shot 49-50 from the ft line, while the Spurs shot 31-48.

All teams who are screwed over by the league are going to think it's a conspiracy or something, it's just the way fans think. Like the Mavs 3 years ago, even if we win game 1 it still doesn't mean we're guaranteed the series. They play the games for a reason and the Mavs should be a very tough opponent.

Spurs in 6

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Bowen said last night, "It's the playoffs, man! We're ready!" I'll take his word for it. My only concern is Parker's hip & thigh...
That's what I'm going with...It's all mental...no time to look at circumstances.

FUCK THE MAVERICKS, I HOPE THEY COME IN THINKING THEY GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

Shank
05-06-2006, 04:14 PM
That's the gayest avatar ever.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2006, 04:23 PM
oh come on...you know you likeee.... :eyebrows

td4mvp21
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM

And your's is perfectly normal?

Deb
05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
A long way from normal - get that goatman off that avatar. He's scaring us all.