PDA

View Full Version : Workers killed by fall into wet concrete

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 01:54 PM
BAL HARBOUR, Florida (AP) -- A wooden frame collapsed at a high-rise construction site Saturday, and the workers who were standing on it fell into wet concrete, authorities said.

Three were killed and another worker was missing.

The men were standing on the frame, working on the building's 26th floor, when the frame gave way, fire Chief Richard Martin said.

The men fell into a thick layer of concrete that was drying on the floor below them, and they became trapped, Martin said.

Search teams were using dogs to look for the missing worker.

The building being constructed will be a combination hotel and condominium, police Capt. Jay Smith said.

Bal Harbour is just north of Miami Beach.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/06/concrete.fall.ap/index.html

At least they will have statues to be remembered.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-06-2006, 03:41 PM
They fell 26 floors, thats why they died, not the freaking concrete

Jimcs50
05-06-2006, 04:18 PM
They fell 26 floors, thats why they died, not the freaking concrete

The men fell into a thick layer of concrete that was drying on the floor below them, and they became trapped, Martin said.

Read it more closely

boutons_
05-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I remember a death at the cement works where The Quarry is now.

A guy was standing above a huge cement powder mixing container and fell in, just another ingredient. :)

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2006, 05:01 PM
That sucks ass....

at first I enterpretted it like MaNuMaNiA...I thought they fell 26 floors....

so they fell 1 floor into wet concrete and then were stuck there 25 floors up??? that is crazy shit. Imagine if they tipped over and fell, they wouldn't be able to move anything, just watching themselves plummett to the earth.

How did they die though if they only fell 1 story into wet concrete, I'm having trouble imagining this, it couldn't have been that deep.

sa_butta
05-06-2006, 05:10 PM
That sucks ass....

at first I enterpretted it like MaNuMaNiA...I thought they fell 26 floors....

so they fell 1 floor into wet concrete and then were stuck there 25 floors up??? that is crazy shit. Imagine if they tipped over and fell, they wouldn't be able to move anything, just watching themselves plummett to the earth.

How did they die though if they only fell 1 story into wet concrete, I'm having trouble imagining this, it couldn't have been that deep."The men fell into a thick layer of concrete that was drying on the floor below them, and they became trapped."

MaNuMaNiAc
05-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Read it more closely
you're right, my bad

Vashner
05-06-2006, 08:51 PM
If this was the old days they would of kept on building. Legend is a few workers are still inside the Medina dam. (they claim no but I heard at least 3 men fell in during pours).

T-Pain
05-06-2006, 10:49 PM
this might be a dumb question, but how is one guy missing if they fell one floor?

ShoogarBear
05-06-2006, 10:51 PM
How did they die though if they only fell 1 story into wet concrete, I'm having trouble imagining this, it couldn't have been that deep.
They probably suffocated if their heads were submerged.

Vashner
05-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Now they are saying a vetran reporter had a heart attack at the site just minutes ago.

Condolences to those involved.

T-Pain
05-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Now they are saying a vetran reporter had a heart attack at the site just minutes ago.

Condolences to those involved.
really? damn thats crazy.