PDA

View Full Version : Dallas is Well-Rested, but Un-tested

gospursgojas
05-06-2006, 10:36 PM
The Dallas Mavericks came off a relatively easy series with a joke of a playoff team. Handling their bussines in 4 games, then they went on to sit and rest while waiting for the Spurs.

The Spurs on the other hand grinded out thier 6 game series with a Kings team that was alot better than your normal 8th seed. And they played like it. Because of the type of series the Spurs encounterd with the Kings, Timmy stepped it up into playoff mode, Pop made playoff decisions and adjustments, role and bench players learned what they could and that they could contribute vastly to their team, and on a certain scale, heros emerged.

Who thinks Dallas' CAKE series w/ the Griz, will end up hurting the Mavs going up against a Spurs team that is tired but very, VERY playoff tested????

Brutalis
05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Remember when we was well rested a few years back?

Rust.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Who thinks Dallas' CAKE series w/ the Griz, will end up hurting the Mavs going up against a Spurs team that is tired but very, VERY playoff tested????

Agreed. The Kings series awakened the beast. I think we are in better shape for the Mavs series thanks to Bonzi and Ron punking us like that. I think the Spurs will come out ready and will play smart. Who cares if they didn't have enough rest as Dallas, this is playoffs. Nut up and win or go home.

Findog
05-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Dallas is untested? They've won 6 playoff series, lost 5, with a total of 60 games played. They may not beat the Spurs, but I wouldn't describe Nowitzki, Terry, Stackhouse, Howard et al as "untested." My pick is Spurs in seven although I won't mind being wrong about that. You're going to have to do better than claiming Dallas is "untested." I would've gone with the "Let's see them play good defense in the playoffs" talking points, since it's one thing to hold Atlanta to 90 points in mid-February and another thing to do it to the elite teams in May and June.

J.T.
05-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't see Dallas out D'ing us anytime in the next century. Maybe after Bruce and Tim retire.

LB7
05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
We will see...we will see.

exstatic
05-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Dallas is untested? They've won 6 playoff series, lost 5, with a total of 60 games played. They may not beat the Spurs, but I wouldn't describe Nowitzki, Terry, Stackhouse, Howard et al as "untested." My pick is Spurs in seven although I won't mind being wrong about that. You're going to have to do better than claiming Dallas is "untested." I would've gone with the "Let's see them play good defense in the playoffs" talking points, since it's one thing to hold Atlanta to 90 points in mid-February and another thing to do it to the elite teams in May and June.
Pssst. I think he's talking about this year, not your playoff history.

T-Pain
05-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I liked how Bowen put it when asked if the spurs were aware that the mavs were well rested after the game. he said something like the mavs may be well-rested, but more iced while the spurs are in a rhythm.

Vashner
05-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Untested?... na... it's gonna be a BEEPin war.

Vingianx
05-07-2006, 01:46 AM
We will see...we will see.

like we've seen for the last couple of years

gospursgojas
05-07-2006, 01:54 AM
there are certain things you can ONLY learn from a loss, and those things will be unknown to the Mavs....

GoSpurs21
05-07-2006, 02:48 AM
I think you are right Dallas is untested in this years playoffs

the Spurs will provide a test to the mavs

mavsfan1000
05-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't care about being untested as long as Dallas has the fresher legs.