PDA

View Full Version : What would you do.....

DannyT
05-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Honestly what would you do if this site was just to shut down for some odd reason? i mean it seems like several of US spend quite a few hours a day on this page....so im just askin what would you really do if this site didnt exsist no more.....would there still be GTG filled with random people, would watchin the game still be the same now that you couldnt vent to the millions no more?
NOT TO PISS ANYONE OFF but i was just wonderin......thanks kori and LJ for all you do!!!!!

MannyIsGod
05-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I would go sit outside of Kori and LJ's house until they fucking put it back up. WTF MAN?

SpursWoman
05-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I would go sit outside of Kori and LJ's house until they fucking put it back up. WTF MAN?

:lmao :tu

DannyT
05-07-2006, 09:48 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao GOT DAMNIT MAAAAAIN DAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!! :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

MI21
05-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't know, this place is a real time saver.

Basketball and Tits at the same time is handy.

Vashner
05-07-2006, 12:47 PM
And comprehensive Spurstalk Weather Alert Team or SWAT.

lol

DannyT
05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
This Is True

2Blonde
05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Do Kori and LJ have a Disaster Preparedness Plan in place just in case of some catastrophic WWW event shuts us down? :oops Have you saved hard-copies of email addresses and phone numbers of everyone to alert in the case of an emergency GTG? These are some of the questions that need to be answered.

Remember pro-activeness is always better than re-activeness.

Sincerely,
Michael Brown

Mike D.Brown
05-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Do Kori and LJ have a Disaster Preparedness Plan in place just in case of some catastrophic WWW event shuts us down? :oops Have you saved hard-copies of email addresses and phone numbers of everyone to alert in the case of an emergency GTG? These are some of the questions that need to be answered.

Sincerely,
Michael Brown

If this place got shut down it would be disastrous but my quick response would have it back up and running in.....well....as quick as possible.

1Parker1
05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't know, this place is a real time saver.

Basketball and Tits at the same time is handy.

:lol

Brodels
05-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Honestly what would you do if this site was just to shut down for some odd reason?

Get more work done, spend more time with family, and exercise regularly.

ZStomp
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM
If I sang out of tune?

spurs=bling
05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
nothing.

samikeyp
05-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Bring the snacks and sit with Manny. :)

DannyT
05-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Bring the snacks and sit with Manny. :)

but would you all bathe?

would you bring you quatro with you so you all could have a clean shave....instead of a base line BUM !!!!!

i might be there tooo ....so i need to know these things so i can be prepared

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I would go get my basketball news from one of the many knowledgable and informative Dallas Maverick sites.

DannyT
05-07-2006, 06:11 PM

Sincerely,
Michael Brown

so do you think there should be some type of tape drive back-ups of the web server inside of a glass container that reads:

"BREAK ONLY IN THE CASE OF EXTREME DISASTER"

and then immediatley call nick burns the computer guy to install them and reload our servers?

is there a S O P for these procedures yet?

T-Pain
05-07-2006, 06:14 PM
if this site were to shut down, I would start my own spurstalk.com until they would put it back up

DannyT
05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
if this site were to shut down, I would start my own spurstalk.com until they would put it back up

it has to be copyright protected....dont cha think?

or else everyone would be selliin knockoff spurstalk.com quotes at the flea market .......que no?

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 06:43 PM
it has to be copyright protected....dont cha think?

or else everyone would be selliin knockoff spurstalk.com quotes at the flea market .......que no?
He wouldn't actually call it spurstalk.com, silly.

It'd be spurspain.com. :fro

Shawn Carter
05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I would hate to see this forum Fade to Black...

Silver21_Black20
05-07-2006, 07:04 PM
If I sang out of tune?

Would you stand up and walk out on me?

ashbeeigh
05-07-2006, 07:38 PM
I would..cry because I just started posting. And study for the GREs.

Slydragon
05-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I would join the fine members of kingsfans.com, yup

T-Pain
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
He wouldn't actually call it spurstalk.com, silly.

It'd be spurspain.com. :fro
:lmao

thats a sweet name, spurspain. Spurs bring pain to those who come across them, lol! I meant that i would create a spurstalk.com-like website, not really take their name. My forum would be a lifeboat for lost members until timvp and Kori put it up again. i love the name though!

DannyT
05-07-2006, 08:22 PM
its ok ...go ahead and walk out on me i already have your money from attendence....you stayin means nothin to meeeee.....nothin

CharlieMac
05-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Probably get work done.

ZStomp
05-07-2006, 09:59 PM

Cool! :fro

Someone got it... ;)

The Beatles!

LEND ME YOUR EARS AND I'LL SING YOU A SONG
I WILL TRY NOT TO SING OUT OF KEY

Silver21_Black20
05-07-2006, 10:03 PM

Someone got it... ;)

The Beatles!

I thought about the theme song to "The Wonder Years" :lol

midgetonadonkey
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Someone got it... ;)

The Beatles!

Actually it's Joe Cocker, not the Beatles.

ZStomp
05-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Actually it's Joe Cocker, not the Beatles.

Nope.

Lennon/McCartney wrote this

http://www.stevesbeatles.com/songs/with_a_little_help_from_my_friends.asp

Silver21_Black20
05-07-2006, 10:20 PM

Oh, baby I get by with a little help from my friends.

ZStomp
05-07-2006, 10:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_a_Little_Help_from_My_Friends

"With a Little Help from My Friends" is the title of a 1967 song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney and recorded on the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. The song was written for and sung by Beatles drummer Ringo Starr.

John and Paul insisted that Ringo sing the song, including the high note at the end. Ringo agreed on one condition: they must change the introduction to something other than "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you throw a tomato at me?" His reason for the change was so that fans would not actually throw tomatoes at him should he perform it live. What raised his concerns was likely that in the early days, after George made a passing comment that he liked jelly babies, the group was pelted with them at all of their live performances.

The song reads like a conversation between the singer and a group of people. For example, "Would you believe in a love at first sight/Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time". In the preceding quotation from the lyrics, the other three Beatles sing the first line, with Starr answering in the following one.

The band finished recording the song the same day that they posed for the Sgt. Pepper album cover.

An early working title for the song was "Badfinger Boogie", which later became the inspiration for the name of the band Badfinger.

The song has been number one on the British singles charts three times; once when it was recorded by Joe Cocker in 1968, a second time when it was covered by Wet Wet Wet in 1988 and finally when it was sung by Sam and Mark in 2004. A second recording of Cocker singing the song was made at Woodstock in 1969 and can be seen in the documentary film about the concert, "3 Days of Peace and Music".

It became well-known in the late 1980s and early 1990s when Cocker's cover version was the theme song for the television series, The Wonder Years. See also the album, With a Little Help from My Friends by Joe Cocker.

Billy Shears was Ringo Starr's alias on the Beatles 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Billy Shears is mentioned in the title song and, implicitly, as the singer of the segued-into "With a Little Help from My Friends."

spurs=bling
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
all of you stop this.

midgetonadonkey
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I stand corrected.

I guess Cocker remade it. That's the only version I've heard.

ZStomp
05-07-2006, 10:26 PM
:tu ;)

It's all good.

Silver21_Black20
05-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Dammit...now I want to see "The Wonder Years"

midgetonadonkey
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I have the entire series on DVD.

DannyT
05-07-2006, 10:39 PM

SO WHAT OLD SCHOOL SERIES WOULD YOU OWN IF KEVIN ARNOLD NEVER EXSISTED?

Silver21_Black20
05-07-2006, 10:50 PM

Really? Hmmm.....

spurs=bling
05-07-2006, 10:51 PM
i said stop it.

DannyT
05-08-2006, 12:54 AM
nothing.

what you would you really do if you woke up and find out that the hail storms targeted the spurstalk domain servers and that all this precious data was lost and there could no longer be spurstalk.com.....would you feel horrible that your last post would ......I SAID STOP IT?

pache100
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Honestly what would you do if this site was just to shut down for some odd reason?

I would be sad, because I would miss a lot of people here. And I'd miss the wealth of knowledge I get here that I can't get anywhere else. But, I would just probably post more on my NASCAR boards. http://i3.tinypic.com/xgb1pj.gif

thanks kori and LJ for all you do!!!!!

Yes! http://i2.tinypic.com/xgb1w9.gif

DannyT
05-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Kori.....LJ im curious to what would happen with your lives cause i KNOW you two have to spend endless hours on the site not only doin operations but also postin up threads for us hungry minions to read

so i pose the question to you all ....what would you do if your site went down ?