05-07-2006, 12:04 PM
been like that always.

honestly im used to it.

greyforest
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
the media can ride kobes dick all they want, we'll be happier with our rings

missmyzte
05-07-2006, 12:16 PM
It doesn't matter. Spurs do better as the underdogs.

exstatic
05-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Put it this way: they have to put us in a good timeslot, and promote us in the Finals.:hat

Vashner
05-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Underdog is better anyway...

picnroll
05-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I thought it was the Piston players that had that chip surgically implanted in their shoulders. They probably feel dissed they are going second.

tiecg1
05-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I thought it was the Piston players that had that chip surgically implanted in their shoulders. They probably feel dissed they are going second.

No, they're dissed because media wants to make them Lebron's pistons, you know, like the pistons MJ had to beat to begin to win championships.

As a pistons fan I have mad respect for your team, and I see that most of the media want to see the mavs upset the spurs. Just wanted to know the fan's thoughts

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
yeh, everytime they show eva in the stands, and what does that goto todo with spurs bball? who cares if shes datin tp. every fuckn game they do it, and they talk about her non stop

T-Pain
05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
been like that always.

honestly im used to it.
yeah ive gotten pretty used to it too. All year the Pistons have been mistaken as the defending champs by the media. "oops!!! im sorry, the Spurs are the defending champs, not the Pistons"

tiecg1
05-07-2006, 01:29 PM
yeah ive gotten pretty used to it too. All year the Pistons have been mistaken as the defending champs by the media. "oops!!! im sorry, the Spurs are the defending champs, not the Pistons"

Imagine how the pistons felt last year when we weren't even picked to come out of the east, and they were the nba champs. Hell, we were considered flukes!

Tek_XX
05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
yeh, everytime they show eva in the stands, and what does that goto todo with spurs bball? who cares if shes datin tp. every fuckn game they do it, and they talk about her non stop

You have to expect that with ABC or ESPN, that's their show.

Tek_XX
05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Imagine how the pistons felt last year when we weren't even picked to come out of the east, and they were the nba champs. Hell, we were considered flukes!

revisionist history here, lots of people picked ya'll, but yes some picked miami who almost went if it weren't for their meltdown

rayray2k8
05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Spurs fans really dont care anymore.

Deb
05-07-2006, 03:06 PM
No, they're dissed because media wants to make them Lebron's pistons, you know, like the pistons MJ had to beat to begin to win championships.

As a pistons fan I have mad respect for your team, and I see that most of the media want to see the mavs upset the spurs. Just wanted to know the fan's thoughts
Lebron kinda like Kobe - no man is an island and he alone can't take them where they need to go

Reggie Miller
05-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Speaking as a Pacers/Spurs fan, I have to say that I am still astonished at times. I think even the PACERS get more national coverage than the Spurs. (Cheryl Miller at TNT didn't hurt.) I couldn't believe how few Spurs games were nationally televised this season. Again, I SHOULDN'T be surprised, but there you go...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Doesn't matter. Don't need to be validated by the stupid media.

...if you're favored by the media, that means a large percentage of phony fans and morons are rooting you.

This is of little concern. THe only thing that sucks is we don't get Spurs nationally televised as much as they should be.

SAGambler
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah....all I've heard since the start of the Pistons game, is how the poor Cavaliers haven't had any time to rest....blah, blah, blah...

With the Spurs it was something like, well, they don't schedule these games for the players, so the Spurs are just gonna have to suck it up....

Fucking ABC......And their stupid fucking announcers.....

So far, I think 5 or 6 times they've mentioned how the poor Cavs should be in trouble because of their schedule....Not because the Pistons are beatin the shit out of em.

Giving LBJ a built in excuse for this game.

Shank
05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry. Refresh my memory.

When did San Antonio become the underdog?

Almost every outlet in America has them winning this series. It's like you idiots are just fishing for something to bitch about.

A-Train
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM

Almost every outlet in America has them winning this series. It's like you idiots are just fishing for something to bitch about.

Ah yes, now it's "we weren't supposed to win the series". After Game 1. Man, don't raise the white flag yet.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Spurs fans don't care. Spurs don't care. Piston players seem to get off on this respect/recognition thing. Only thing the Spurs cared about was that a later start time would have given them a couple of more hours rest after the Sac series. Turns out they didn't need it.

Reggie Miller
05-07-2006, 04:38 PM

Actually, most national coverage favors the Pistons to win the Championship.

Deb
05-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Actually, most national coverage favors the Pistons to win the Championship.
We're taking in one win at a time. :spin

pache100
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, I didn't before, I do now. The announcers in the Pistons/Cavs game just said, "The Spurs barely got by Dallas earlier today." If the Pistons win, even if it's by one point, you wait, it will be "A big win!" The sports media, generally speaking (there are some exceptions) are a bunch of assholes. IMHO.

Reggie Miller
05-07-2006, 05:01 PM
We're taking in one win at a time. :spin

I suppose I should read more carefully. It is FUNdamental...

Dunc
05-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, I didn't before, I do now. The announcers in the Pistons/Cavs game just said, "The Spurs barely got by Dallas earlier today." If the Pistons win, even if it's by one point, you wait, it will be "A big win!" The sports media, generally speaking (there are some exceptions) are a bunch of assholes. IMHO.

I'm not sure where you get this idea from. The amount of "respect" that the Pistons and Spurs get are pretty close to equal. I think both teams played at least two or three games on NBA TV, and the only reason that the Pistons are getting good timeslots now is because of LeBron. You don't think that if Washington had won that series, they would be burying us as far back as possible? Please. The league/networks doesn't want either of our teams to win anything. We're the ugly step-children because your star is a quiet big man and our star is a quiet big man with a fro who has scored 14 points in the playoffs. We don't fit with their marketing scheme.

Hook Dem
05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure where you get this idea from. The amount of "respect" that the Pistons and Spurs get are pretty close to equal. I think both teams played at least two or three games on NBA TV, and the only reason that the Pistons are getting good timeslots now is because of LeBron. You don't think that if Washington had won that series, they would be burying us as far back as possible? Please. The league/networks doesn't want either of our teams to win anything. We're the ugly step-children because your star is a quiet big man and our star is a quiet big man with a fro who has scored 14 points in the playoffs. We don't fit with their marketing scheme.
Good post! Ugly ducklings, we are! :lol

samikeyp
05-07-2006, 06:22 PM
The amount of "respect" that the Pistons and Spurs get are pretty close to equal.

I would agree with that. The media got their thongs in a twist over last year's finals because it wasn't shiny enough. Fuck that....you had the two best teams in the league going head to head and had a great series and I hope we get to do it again this year. The media can say what they want but if you are holding the trophy up at the end....they have to listen.

T-Pain
05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
i think we'll have A LOT to prove should we beat the Pistons this year. We may be "old" but were still good.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I would agree with that. The media got their thongs in a twist over last year's finals because it wasn't shiny enough. Fuck that....you had the two best teams in the league going head to head and had a great series and I hope we get to do it again this year. The media can say what they want but if you are holding the trophy up at the end....they have to listen.

Fucking right. That's one reason that should the Pistons fall short, I want the Spurs to win. Nothing better than being anti-establishment *and* champions, like both of our teams. Fuck the TV ratings, fuck the advertising dollars, fuck the uninformed fans who like the Lakers cuz Kobe has a kick-ass commercial and the Heat because D-Wade can dunk. The Spurs and Pistons are what the NBA is supposed to be.