PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please justify Van Exel

Walton Buys Off Me
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Easily the worst Spur player ever..........

Since his play doesn't, I'm begging someone in this forum to justify why he's on the floor.

Dre_7
05-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Somebody please justify Walton Buys Off Me

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=746145&postcount=127

Samr
05-07-2006, 12:58 PM
In the playoffs, you don't justify. You deal.

Vashner
05-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Can you beat him in 1 on 1 ? No.. ok STFU.. back to the game.

exstatic
05-07-2006, 12:59 PM
NVE looks like he needs another cortisone shot. When his elbow hurts, he can't even sink his lane runners and hooks. I don't bag on injured players, but maybe it's time for Beno.

Brodels
05-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I just don't understand what he's doing well when he's out there. Everyone needs to bring something in the playoffs, and I have yet to see Nick bring it.

At the very least, Beno will probably shoot the ball pretty well. Nick isn't doing that, and he also isn't defending.

That's the dumbest argument ever, but someone always presents it. Walton couldn't beat Melvin Sanders one-on-one either. Does that mean that Melvin should be getting significant minutes?

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2006, 01:14 PM
nve better change his nick van udrih

Slydragon
05-07-2006, 01:17 PM
He help getting finley, maybe?

Borosai
05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
As long as he doesn't try to create shots for himself, I'm fine with him. Just bring the ball up, distribute, and take open 3s when they are there.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Where's T Park and TimVP saying that, unblike Beno, at least he can get the ball past half court? Anyone want to see him against Hunter?

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
He made one basket, right?

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Wasn't that Van Exel that gave them the lead in the 4th?

Walton,

how about you justify your existance here for once.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
unblike Beno, at least he can get the ball past half court

Did he turn it over at half court?

link to the video to that please?

Dre_7
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
NVE played well in the 4th qtr of a tight game. He only made one shot, but it was big. That was a nice little floater.

duncan2k5
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
i kinda agree with him...i perfer to see beno in the game. he actually moves the offense better. he passes and cuts, and doesn't rely on the pick and roll all the time

ashbeeigh
05-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Nick could hardly find any openings. Everyone, including the coaching staff is always saying how good of a passer Beno is. Bring him in!

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Nick could hardly find any openings. Everyone, including the coaching staff is always saying how good of a passer Beno is. Bring him in

:lol

miss that nice pass in the first half off to Duncan for a left handed layup?

God you guys, WATCH THE GAME NOT THE DAMN BOXSCORE!!!

picnroll
05-07-2006, 03:32 PM

6:58 Dirk Nowitzki defensive rebound 36-36
6:43 Dirk Nowitzki makes 16-foot two point shot 38-36
6:31 38-36 Nick Van Exel traveling

Did you go for a hot dog? NeVEr trapped and walks before getting over the midcourt line.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
God you guys, WATCH THE GAME NOT THE DAMN BOXSCORE!!!
True the box score says nothing, I saw no problem with Van Exel...he moved the ball well...

helped to create some looks at least, and I think he made a lay up or took it the hole.

I don't see why the mention of Van Exel....he was solid, no real impact negative or positive today...but that can be said about the WHOLE bench.

ashbeeigh
05-07-2006, 03:35 PM

miss that nice pass in the first half off to Duncan for a left handed layup?

That was once! What else has he done in the play-offs? At least Beno can keep the lead.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:36 PM
6:31 38-36 Nick Van Exel traveling

Did you go for a hot dog? NeVEr trapped and walks before getting over the midcourt line.

Wow.

First time all year.

Beno did worse than that in 1 quarter against a worthless Houston team.

Go back to giving fellatio to Beno, he needs a friend.

A-Train
05-07-2006, 03:36 PM
So far in the postseason NVE has come in and kept the pace of the game where Pop wanted it. Some of you should know by now that if a point in the Spurs' system doesn't call his own # that he isn't going to fill up a stat sheet. I think NVE's been rather selective about the shots he's taken in the playoffs and done his best to set up the offense. That's not going to show up in the assist column because the Spurs often have 3 or 4 passes before someone takes the shot in their offense. NVE's poise has been a plus so far in the playoffs.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
That was once! What else has he done in the play-offs?

game 5 against Sacramento 4 rebounds 4 assists.

Miss that game???

The point guard does more than things than just, score, you guys DO know that.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
At least Beno can keep the lead

Van Exel GAVE them the lead in the 4th.

STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

:lmao

you people are amazing.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM

NVE does pass alot BEFORE half court.

No....1 TO...but right after that Terry blew roght by him and Timmy commited a foul covering for his slow ass.
And Terry made a jumper on him not too long later, then Pop took him out.
After NVE left Terry never scored again.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
So far in the postseason NVE has come in and kept the pace of the game where Pop wanted it. Some of you should know by now that if a point in the Spurs' system doesn't call his own # that he isn't going to fill up a stat sheet. I think NVE's been rather selective about the shots he's taken in the playoffs and done his best to set up the offense. That's not going to show up in the assist column because the Spurs often have 3 or 4 passes before someone takes the shot in their offense. NVE's poise has been a plus so far in the playoffs

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Don't be confusin them with dem der facts and stuff.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
No....1 TO...but right after that Terry blew roght by him and Timmy commited a foul covering for his slow ass.

Tony had to get bailed out too.

Barry, Finley, Ginobili

but Van Exel HAS to stop HIM!!

IF NOT HES HORRIBLE!!!

:lmao

unreal

Parker has a tough time with Terry, WTF?!?

MannyIsGod
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Its so funny, because as we were leaving the arena I told LJ and Kori that almost nobody here would understand just how well Van Exel played today. He set up the offense DAMN well and he had several assists to Duncan.

You guys just don't get it.

Pero
05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
you people are amazing.

T Park, you are amazing too. :lol

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Its so funny, because as we were leaving the arena I told LJ and Kori that almost nobody here would understand just how well Van Exel played today. He set up the offense DAMN well and he had several assists to Duncan.

You guys just don't get it

Exactly right.

He was quarterbacking the shit out of the team today, and laid it all out there.

He prob lost 5 assists due to turnovers by the other guy, misses.

Hell, he lost 1 I know of cause Duncan missed a layup but tapped it back in.

Excellent post manny.

Texas_Ranger
05-07-2006, 03:44 PM
He is a good clutch player, so because of that he is in the game so long.
NVX didn`t play so good tonight, but I think he will play better in the next games.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Terry was 6-18 from the floor.
2-2 when NVE was in the game, so when Tony was in the game he was 4-16.....yup he sure lit up Tony.
Some people want to keep the blinders on think NVE is still the NVE of old....he is not even close to his old self.

Every time it seems NVE comes in the game the offense bogs down to a near complete standstill he doesn't move well without the ball or with the ball.
According to some people he can do no wrong it seems and Beno can do no right.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Terry was 6-18 from the floor.
2-2 when NVE was in the game, so when Tony was in the game he was 4-16.....yup he sure lit up Tony.
Some people want to keep the blinders on think NVE is still the NVE of old....he is not even close to his old self.

Every time it seems NVE comes in the game the offense bogs down to a near complete standstill he doesn't move well without the ball or with the ball.
According to some people he can do no wrong it seems and Beno can do no right.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
He runs the offesne just fine. NVE does plenty wrong. He tends to have horrible shot selection, but he does a lot of things that are very subtle very well.

But what it all boils down to is that Beno has no confidence from the coach. And that is a very justified position.

This isn't NBA live on your PS2. This is the motherfucking NBA playoffs.

Pero
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
he does a lot of things that are very subtle very well.

He`s almost like Rasho then. :lol

bigbendbruisebrother
05-07-2006, 03:58 PM

I've got five words for you: Dwayne Schintzius and Zarko Paspalj.

A-Train
05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
NVE kept the tempo today. He's been increasingly selective in calling his own #. I'm not sure what else you could want. The only way he's going to have a greater impact on the game is by taking more shots and everyone in here has been whining about that.

T Park
05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Every time it seems NVE comes in the game the offense bogs down to a near complete standstill he doesn't move well without the ball or with the ball

blah blah blah

regularseason stereotype blah blah blah.

A-Train
05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Man, Pop might as well start the Slovenians and play them 40 minutes a night. Then we'll win a championship.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
blah blah blah

regularseason stereotype blah blah blah.
So are you saying that NVE has been crappy all year and now you trust him in the playoffs?
Just like you stereotype Beno for last year? Beno has been pretty solid all year except for a game or two and now you want to toss him aside?
The offense has been very stagnant when NVE is in the game.

It is no use debating with someone who is so homeristic that they can't be objective. People want to base there argument on his past when in the present he is not up to snuff.

timvp
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
The Spurs are 5-0 in the playoffs when Nick Van Exel plays at least 10 minutes. 0-2 when he doesn't.

Game Over.

Das Texan
05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
We really should just let Barry play the point when Nick isnt getting it done, but Nick needs to be on the floor regardless.

ploto
05-07-2006, 08:03 PM
The Spurs are 5-0 in the playoffs when Nick Van Exel plays at least 10 minutes.
And the Spurs are 3-0 when Nazr plays less than 2 minutes! :lol

I know-- and 0-1 when Rasho starts. :)

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I've got five words for you: Dwayne Schintzius and Zarko Paspalj.
Sidney Green and Charles (not spiderman) Smith

Oh, and NVE can't get the ball past half court blah blah blah.

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:14 PM
NVE can't get the ball past half court

Nick makes 1 turnover and you morons harp on it

Beno does it every other posession and hes "learning"

Morons.

It is no use debating with someone who is so homeristic that they can't be objective

How can I be a homer if I say Udrih stinks.

If was a homer, Id say everyone is good.

Another ditz who doesn't know the definition of the word......

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Nick makes 1 turnover and you morons harp on it

Beno does it every other posession and hes "learning"

Morons.

I mention something NVE did today once and I'm harping. You mention Beno having done it a year ago every single time his name is mentioned and it's not harping. Very sensible.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM
NVE is a piece of shit, ruins chemistry, jacks shots, turnovers, can't get the ball past halfcourt without traveling, dribbles out the clock then shoots, wasting another possession...etc etc etc.

NVE = trash

Yes T Park, we know that every once in a while he will hit a decently big 3, but it doesn't overshadow his negative crap. Until NVE hits a game winning shot, I will not recognize him as a Spur.

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
The Spurs are 5-0 in the playoffs when Nick Van Exel plays at least 10 minutes

Owned.

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:24 PM
NVE is a piece of shit, ruins chemistry, jacks shots, turnovers, can't get the ball past halfcourt without traveling, dribbles out the clock then shoots, wasting another possession...etc etc etc.

NVE = trash

Yes T Park, we know that every once in a while he will hit a decently big 3, but it doesn't overshadow his negative crap. Until NVE hits a game winning shot, I will not recognize him as a Spur

Go ahead and be a moron.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Owned.
that says nothing, how many total games have the Spurs played in the playoffs???

They have only lost 2.

NVE has played in all of them, big deal.

2 of them were blowouts, so of course he played 10 minutes.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Pop runs that 4 guard shit and never plays Beno, so who the fuck is supposed to play?????

I guess that just leaves us to our only option, NVE. No surprise about this:

The Spurs are 5-0 in the playoffs when Nick Van Exel plays at least 10 minutes

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:28 PM
NVE has played in all of them

Didn't play in game 4, and prob played a total of 8 minutes in game 3.

2 of them were blowouts, so of course he played 10 minutes.

Yet the close wings in games 2 and 5 he played over 10.

So that shoots another of your intelligent hate down.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Didn't play in game 4, and prob played a total of 8 minutes in game 3.
Game 4 the Spurs total gave it away, gave up quickly in that game.

Game 3 the Spurs lost, but WTF is the difference from playing 8 minutes to 10 minutes?

Don't tell me an extra 2 minutes of NVE is what made the other 5 games victories.

These are bullshit statistics.

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Pop runs that 4 guard shit and never plays Beno, so who the fuck is supposed to play?????

I guess that just leaves us to our only option, NVE. No surprise about this:

Funny

pop didnt play the 4 guards hardly at all day.

Keep reaching.

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
but WTF is the difference from playing 8 minutes to 10 minutes?

alot can happen in 2 minutes.

Don't tell me an extra 2 minutes of NVE is what made the other 5 games victories.

These are bullshit statistics

True, Ginobili's turnovers damn near lost the series by themselves.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:33 PM
What 1 role player does in 2 minutes in the middle of a game, not crunch time, affects the game THAT much???

MannyIsGod
05-07-2006, 10:15 PM
NVE ruins chemistry now? How was the locker room, Alvarez? Did you have dinner with the team tonight? Wine with Pop?

duncan2k5
05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
i think ppl overlook the fact that just because nicky was solid...doesn't negate that beno is better. its like saying "dont play manu, because barry does well in our offense." nicky is getting old...he is not the same. beno has been better than him this season

CharlieMac
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Three pages in response to "NVE is the worst Spurs player ever" amazes me. Almost more than the original idiotic post.

samikeyp
05-07-2006, 11:28 PM

You never saw Alfredrick Hughes.

sendman
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
T Parks opinions are meaningless, because he is a hater. He will bend backwards to find something good in an average or even bad game played by NVE and he will always try find something bad in a good or solid game played by the player he hates. He's objectivity went down the drain long, long time ago.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2006, 01:08 PM

I could give VanEx a good run I think. :)

I think it's ok that Pop is giving him the nod ahead of Beno. He basically promised VanEx that he'd get his chance in the playoffs, and I think Pop is holding true to his word. Nick hasn't hurt us by being in the rotation.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Nick hasn't hurt us by being in the rotation.Quite the opposite, if you believe obscure stats.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 01:12 PM
I could give VanEx a good run I think. :)

I think it's ok that Pop is giving him the nod ahead of Beno. He basically promised VanEx that he'd get his chance in the playoffs, and I think Pop is holding true to his word. Nick hasn't hurt us by being in the rotation.

good point...and NVE is streaky, but if he gets hot he can still break a game open...

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 01:32 PM
TPark, why do you feel like you have to be a NVE apologist?

Seriously, you can not believe that he is anything near bing worthy of wearing the Silver and Black in the playoffs.

He is ok, but I cringe when he shoots. Yes he made a shot yesterday, but I said "NO no...yes"....after he shot the ball, because I do not ever ever expect him to make a basket. He makes me long for Speedy Claxton.

NoMoneyDown
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I read this somewhere else, and, not that it has any scientific bearing on the play, thought it was interesting: The Spurs are 4-0 when NVE plays 10+ minutes. In game 1 he had 11 minutes. :p

timvp
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I read this somewhere else, and, not that it has any scientific bearing on the play, thought it was interesting: The Spurs are 4-0 when NVE plays 10+ minutes. In game 1 he had 11 minutes. :p

Interesting.

:smokin

leemajors
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
i had no problem with how nick played yesterday. we actually got away with him defending devin harris for several minutes, despite the insane athletic disparity between the two. he ran the offense and didn't jack up a bunch of bad shots, and we won the damn game.