PDA

View Full Version : STFU already, Mark Jackson

A-Train
05-07-2006, 01:09 PM
"Tim Duncan's scored 20, but it's a hard fought 20"....spoken with 3 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

First ABC/ESPN jocked the Kings over the Spurs, now it's the Mavs.

Brodels
05-07-2006, 01:12 PM
What do you expect them to say? The Mavs thoroughly outplayed the Spurs in every way in the first half. Of course they are going to jock the team that's better (at least they've been better to this point).

Fans from every single team think that their team is being disrespected by the media. Typically, the media will give props when a team or player plays well and will avoid doing so when the opposite happens.

Recognize.

A-Train
05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
:lol

Whatever. Someone drops 20 points on you in a half and it's a plus?

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Steve Jones seems to be the only person in the ABC organization that has actually watched Spurs games this year, due to his relative lack of fucking clueless statements. I didn't see Duncan's 20 as particularly "hard-fought", but the Mavs played way better than the Spurs did in the first half despite Duncan's performance.

gospursgojas
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I agree that ABC/ESPN falls way short on not only giving the Spurs credit, but also not know what the hell they are talking about, to that of TNT

SpursWoman
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Typically, the media will give props when a team or player plays well and will avoid doing so when the opposite happens.

Recognize.

:tu

Exactly ... I thought there was an awful lot of Mav fellating, but I chalked it up to the fact that they were playing better. Pretty standard.

:fro

A-Train
05-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Problem is, the fellatio started in NY before the game. Anyways, Jackson's statement was glaringly stupid.

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Steve Jones seems to be the only person in the ABC organization that has actually watched Spurs games this year, due to his relative lack of fucking clueless statements. I didn't see Duncan's 20 as particularly "hard-fought", but the Mavs played way better than the Spurs did in the first half despite Duncan's performance.

It's Jones that keeps many spurs fans from vomitting from Walton's statements

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 03:47 PM
It's Jones that keeps many spurs fans from vomitting from Walton's statements

Walton is feast or famine, and speaks in absolutes that change depending on the moment. I thuroughly enjoy listening to him do color on games, regardless of what he says. You'll hear just as many people get their asses in the air over something Snapper says if it isn't in glowing praise of our beloved team.

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Walton is feast or famine, and speaks in absolutes that change depending on the moment. I thuroughly enjoy listening to him do color on games, regardless of what he says. You'll hear just as many people get their asses in the air over something Snapper says if it isn't in glowing praise of our beloved team.

I guess it depends. My favorite commentator combo is Kevin Harlan - Steve Kerr.

"Right between the eyes!"
"He just sucked the gravity right out of the building!!"
"What a slashing move"
"Oh Baby, what a play"

Kerr provides great insight, where others simply can't. The Steve Wonders need to lighten up a bit though.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I guess it depends. My favorite commentator combo is Kevin Harlan - Steve Kerr.

"Right between the eyes!"
"He just sucked the gravity right out of the building!!"
"What a slashing move"
"Oh Baby, what a play"

Kerr provides great insight, where others simply can't. The Steve Wonders need to lighten up a bit though.
I hate listening to Kerr calling Spurs games. He tries way too hard NOT to sound like he used to play for them.

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 04:06 PM
I hate listening to Kerr calling Spurs games. He tries way too hard NOT to sound like he used to play for them.

true but I mean in general

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 04:13 PM
true but I mean in general
No, sorry, I agree with you. He and Harlan are great together. Doesn't Kerr also do games with Marv?

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
No, sorry, I agree with you. He and Harlan are great together. Doesn't Kerr also do games with Marv?

I think so but my dream combo to watch is Harlan - Kerr.

Just to keep the topic on point, STFU Mark Jackson. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I think so but my dream combo to watch is Harlan - Kerr.

Just to keep the topic on point, STFU Mark Jackson. :lol
And, lest we forget, Mark Jackson >>>>>>>>> Steve Nash.

Spurologist
05-07-2006, 05:32 PM
And, lest we forget, Mark Jackson >>>>>>>>> Steve Nash.

Your view is definately not obstructed there. And there are talks of adding Steve Nash to the hall of hame. Gimme a break.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Your view is definately not obstructed there. And there are talks of adding Steve Nash to the hall of hame. Gimme a break.
As I've mentioned before, if Nash plays the way he has for two more years he will almost, but not quite, catch Muggsy Bogues for 10th on the assist list.

samikeyp
05-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Mark Jackson is obviously relying on his vast championship experience.

Oh wait....:lmao

????????
05-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Mark Jackson just said on ESPN NEWS that Bowen fouled Dirk on the last play and that the Mavs will win THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP??? Please ESPN, for the love of the game, get Jackson off of the air. This guy is a moron who needs to be put to pasture. He said this while the final play replay was going, and there was no point where it even COULD have looked like Bowen fouled him. These guys need to be held responsible for the SHIT that comes out of their mouths.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
"Tim Duncan's scored 20, but it's a hard fought 20"....spoken with 3 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

First ABC/ESPN jocked the Kings over the Spurs, now it's the Mavs.
He didn't say it quite like that, he expressed it as a good thing, as in Tim worked hard for every one of those 20 points, which he did.

leemajors
05-07-2006, 08:48 PM
i don't see what was wrong with calling it a hard fought 20, it was. tim worked hard for those points against a couple different defenders, and got them all in foul trouble. working hard for your points earns the respect of the refs a lot better than whining the whole time. i loved how aggressive tim was.