PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Stack

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Dumbshit move. You had baseline and probably at least a foul, instead he steps out for an impossible offbalance heavily guarded three.

He had a lot of points, but this guy is about as unclutch as they come. He'll have at least one more game he royally screws up this series.

Can't wait for Van Horn to get back in the rotation, too.

sprrs
05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Going for the three and the win when he should have just gone for the two? He was blatantly trying to be the hero on that play, STEPPING BACK to the three point line gave Manu enough time to screw him over defensively.

Best player on our team.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
LOL van horn

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Nothing necessarily wrong with trying to be the hero. Hell, if he had hit the two or gotten fouled he could have been the hero.

Just a stupid, stupid, play.

sprrs
05-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Nothing necessarily wrong with trying to be the hero. Hell, if he had hit the two or gotten fouled he could have been the hero.

Just a stupid, stupid, play.

Not when he had an open two, then stepped back to try to win the game on the road.

T Park
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I said to my buddy behind me tonight,

I love that Stackhouse is getting the touches instead of Howard, cause Stackhouse won't deliver down the stretch.

And Ginobili played it perfectly.

mavsfan1000
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Rant begins:

Fuck you Stackhouse. You stupid piece of shit wanna be Michael Jordan bullshit. I hope you get traded for a scrub. Thanks for your selfish ways of screwing up a game. Leaving Bowen open and playing bad defense.

Rant over:

timvp
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Stackhouse will be the MVP of the series.

For the Spurs.

Pistons < Spurs
05-07-2006, 05:33 PM
I've always liked Stack. I was sad to see him leave Detroit. But I was SOOOOOO happy knowing that he would never ever again have the ball in his hands at the end of the game for us.

He is the Anti-Clutch.

so many damn times he'd lose the ball dribbling it on his knee or foot as the clock wound down. He used to kill me with that shit.

Great player, but don't ask him to win you a game.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Rant begins:

Fuck you Stackhouse. You stupid piece of shit wanna be Michael Jordan bullshit. I hope you get traded for a scrub. Thanks for your selfish ways of screwing up a game. Leaving Bowen open and playing bad defense.

Rant over:

Eat that shit bitch

exstatic
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Stack was probably thinking about that "front end" that he missed earlier.:hat

Tim Duncan shoots about 65%, and Stack over 80%, but I'd much rather have Tim on the line needing FTs late.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Anybody heard or seen any quotes from Stack about WTF he thought he was doing?

DDS4
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Rant begins:

Rant over:

One thing you've been consistent with is your hate of Stack.

SANANTOJAMES
05-07-2006, 06:59 PM
stacking bricks-- go stack go go stack go go stack go

SANANTOJAMES
05-07-2006, 07:01 PM
is it just me or does mavstalk.com suck mucho ass

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 07:05 PM
You go for the win on the road, but you dont pass up a fairly easy two to dribble into the corner for a completely defended desperation three. Stack will be Stack.

J.T.
05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
is it just me or does mavstalk.com suck mucho ass

it does

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 07:09 PM

From http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/recap?gameId=2006050724

Manu Ginobili nearly intercepted it, but Stackhouse recovered. He could've driven for a tying shot, but instead stepped back into the left corner and put up a well-covered 3 that came up way short.

"Somehow, if I had a little more on it, then maybe we'd have a different feeling right now," said Stackhouse, who led Dallas with 24 points. "We came in here with the right attitude, right energy, but we let them take the game."

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...He was definitely having that "Hero crap" on his mind, he still does. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 07:14 PM
"Somehow, if I had a little more on it, then maybe we'd have a different feeling right now," said Stackhouse
It's amazing that a professional basketball player could be so clueless about what a poor shot selection that was.

DaSpurs#1
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
hmmm... yall could blame it on Stackhouse for trying to take a 3 or you could blame it on Bowen for the D on Dirk forcing the pass, or you could blame it on Manu redeeming himself at the end to deflect the ball and forcing Stack to make a irrational decision to go for 3 or you can blame it on AJ for not making a good back up plan incase Dirk didnt have a shot... the list could go on and on, either way you point the finger the Spurs won Game 1 end of story... now its time to start Game 2 preparations...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 07:27 PM
hmmm... yall could blame it on Stackhouse for trying to take a 3 or you could blame it on Bowen for the D on Dirk forcing the pass, or you could blame it on Manu redeeming himself at the end to deflect the ball and forcing Stack to make a irrational decision to go for 3 or you can blame it on AJ for not making a good back up plan incase Dirk didnt have a shot... the list could go on and on, either way you point the finger the Spurs won Game 1 end of story... now its time to start Game 2 preparations...
Nawww...

it's more fun to make pin it on Stackhouse. :lol Screw Manu. Screw Bowen. Stackhouse for Spurs MVP!!

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Nobody forced Stackhouse to dribble into the corner with the clock winding down and trade a 45% shot to tie for a 3% shot to win. It's just another in his long history of making idiotic decisions. If you are down two, you always take the two if it's available. There's just not any question there.

LakerHater
05-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Rant begins:

Rant over: :lol :blah :spin

Horry For 3!
05-07-2006, 07:38 PM
He said the play was broken and he didn't know how much time was left on the clock til there was like 2 or 3 secs so he stepped back and tried to make the shot. He said it was a little off :lol

01Snake
05-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Why didnt he just call timeout??? Dumb

TheTruth
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
cause they used their last (i think) timeout to advance the ball to midcourt.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:01 PM
From http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/recap?gameId=2006050724

Manu Ginobili nearly intercepted it, but Stackhouse recovered. He could've driven for a tying shot, but instead stepped back into the left corner and put up a well-covered 3 that came up way short.

"Somehow, if I had a little more on it, then maybe we'd have a different feeling right now," said Stackhouse, who led Dallas with 24 points. "We came in here with the right attitude, right energy, but we let them take the game."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

"but we let them take the game"

YOU GUYS CHOKED!!!! YOU ESPECIALLY!!!

YOU LOST FOR TRYING WIN THE GAME FROM THE 3-POINT LAND!!!!!

:lmao @ "Somehow, ..."

that's where it ends. Somehow, meaning, maybe, meaning you suck.

clubalien
05-07-2006, 08:06 PM
No tey ad a full and a 20 min te 20 min advanced ball

however, if it had it that 3 everyone wit mavs woudl be happy saying great clutch shot good going for the win

he misses and ten it is a bad idea

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM

however, if it had it that 3 everyone wit mavs woudl be happy saying great clutch shot good going for the win

Are you posting with a cell phone?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM

I don't think so, that was a terrible shot to pass up the potential uncontested TWO for a lower percentage three...it had no chance, Manu got him trapped and he payed for stepping back for the three thinking, "i'm gonna win this one, that'll show em', then people won't be hammering me with there, Stackhouse-Bricks joke, i'm gonna be MJ on this...wtf? Manu! Get out of my face! Manuuuu...you're embarassing Manu...Quittt ittttt... " throws up a prayer desperation heave that is all air and has no chance ...Spurs 1-0..to Manu in passing, "...you're mean."

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Even if he had hit that three it would have been a terrible shot.

He had the baseline open, and Dampier had Duncan completely sealed off. The only person with a shot at bothering him would have been Horry closing in from the elbow.

Instead he turned around and went back into Manu, who just had to belly up to him and keep his arms straight up in order to make it a nearly impossible shot.