PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong to still be scared of the Mavericks?

Party Girl
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Sorry but this game came down to a basket, I still don't think we should feel like we are worthy of the finals just yet,
Am I wrong to feel nervous? :wow

Shank
05-07-2006, 03:20 PM
It was a damn good game. I'll have a heart attack if the rest of the series goes like this.

Big Worm
05-07-2006, 03:20 PM
if you can raise your tee shirt another 1/4 inch I will answer your question :lol

ashbeeigh
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm still very worried. They showed they have what it takes to play against us today, and well.

Spurs Dynasty
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Sorry but this game came down to a basket, I still don't think we should feel like we are worthy of the finals just yet,

Yes. Spurs had 36 hours to shower, pack, get to airport, fly home, practice and play game 1.

We will be better game 2.

NCaliSpurs
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
The Mavericks are a scary team capable of winning this series and the NBA title.

If the Spurs win this series, they will be much better for the effort.

The only thing the Spurs have going for them against the Pistons in a possible finals matchup is that they will have been battle-tested at every round. Other than that, the Pistons look like the team to beat.

Gin N Juice
05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
it feels like we lost. i duno that was some sloppy as play towards the end by both teams

Yeah it was but one team had 5 days to rest and practice and one just beat out a tough opponent 36 hours earlier and look who won.

rayray2k8
05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
if you can raise your tee shirt another 1/4 inch I will answer your question :lol
:lol

Borosai
05-07-2006, 03:28 PM
The Mavs have a legitimate chance at the title this year. They are a very good team with good players all around. AJ has done a great job there. However, I still feel the Spurs and Pistons are better, so they will have to play really well to get through, but it is possible.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Being a little scared can be a good thing....keeps players on their toes so there is less of a chance of a meltdown and losing.

I am less nervous because this game was the there for the Mavs to take and they blew it.
Much like Game 2 vs. the Kings.

Mr Dio
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Spurs win series 4-1

WalterBenitez
05-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Come on ... Mavs can't win the NBA's tittle be realistic

Mavtek
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Damn lost because of Free throw shooting?? What the fuck is that???

mouse
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I know this much...Even if the Spurs win a game 7? they will not have enough in the tank to go any further.

TimFan
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
No, you are not the only one who thinks so.

aaronstampler
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm not worried at all. This game reinforced my belief that we'll dispatch these guys fairly easily in five or six games. We had no rest at all, no time to practice really, our starting backcourt is clearly hobbled, and the bench didn't do much at all, and we still won just by playing hard nosed defense and Tim having a big night.

Now we can rest a bit at home. Once Tony and Manu feel a little better, our offense will be a lot more fluid, the ball movement will be better, guys will knock down open 3s, we'll get some transition buckets, and we'll kick their butts. The Kings were a worse matchup for us. Bowen's D on Dirk and Tim being able to help out in the lane since they have no jumpshooting C for him to guard will be the difference.

The Mavs have no answers for us. They have to keep a C out there at all times for Tim. The C hurts our offense a bit, but it absolutely kills their defense, because Tim can help out and guard everyone in the lane.

They can try to go small with no C, but it'll be a defensive nightmare for them. Whatever edge they gain on offense, making Tim play the perimeter, will be lost on the other end when he can go to work inside against Dirk and our guards can penetrate with ease without having to worry about shotblockers.

The Mavs only chance is either a Duncan injury, or significant foul trouble to him and Bruce. Unless they outscore us by 20 points while he's on the bench for 8-10 minutes
(he usually times his bench stints for Dirk's), they have no chance.

Vashner
05-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Scared of Mav's?

San Antonio aint' scared of nothing..
Even when 4000 Mexican soldiers flew the red flag (no quarter) we shot the finger
at them. Same to DALLAS!!! NO FEAR!!

Come and get it!!

SAGambler
05-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I know this much...Even if the Spurs win a game 7? they will not have enough in the tank to go any further.

LOL. What did you see today that makes you think this series will go to 7?

Spurs played about as bad as they could, with the exception of Duncan. What the hell are the Mavs going to do when the Spurs come in rested Tuesday night?

Reggie Miller
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Terry hits anything like his average: Mavs win.

If either team had hit 90% of their free throws (and the other didn't): Game 1 isn't close.

Both teams shot around 41%. Remember, neither are slouches on offense, so I have to give some credit to the Mavs' D. That said, the Spurs' bench produces in their blowouts, and they don't in the close games. (Big surprise for any team, of course.) Aside from two fantastic games against Sacramento, the Spurs' bench has been playing a little flat so far. The bench shot between 20%-30% by my own crude calculations. (I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm too far off.)

EDIT: I almost forgot to sum up. The Spurs played very badly (except Tim) and won. Dallas played about as well as they can for 45 minutes and sort of melted down in the last 3. They couldn't buy a bucket, board, or free throw. If the Spurs win the Championship, this win should make the highlight reel, despite how ugly it was at times!

fyatuk
05-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not worried at all. This game reinforced my belief that we'll dispatch these guys fairly easily in five or six games. We had no rest at all, no time to practice really, our starting backcourt is clearly hobbled, and the bench didn't do much at all, and we still won just by playing hard nosed defense and Tim having a big night.

Yeah, I'm less worried now. The Spurs were tired and played like crap. They couldn't hit open jumpers, etc, but they still found a way to win. Very soothing.

Shank
05-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Mavs win the next 3.

NASpurs
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
And here I thought that mouse was Party Girl.

No way he would log in another account and start this thread....

NASpurs
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Mavs win the next 3.Spurs in 4 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

Trifecta
05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Today was Dallas' chance to steal one in SA.

SA will prevail at home and steal game 4 in DAL.

exstatic
05-07-2006, 04:59 PM
The playoffs are MADE of games like these. Get used to it.

SAGambler
05-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Damn lost because of Free throw shooting?? What the fuck is that???

Playoff jitters can do that for you.....

Keep in mind....Spurs been there, done that before....Mavs still trying...

You know there gotta be some butterflies in the stomach.....

J.T.
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I say Dirk won this game by choking on FTs. And I guarantee you if the Mavs let Duncan get 31 and 13 every night, this is over. The rest of the team played about a shitty as they have the whole postseason. Get NVE and his shitty shot selection out of there, where are my Horry dagger 3s?

Spurs in 5.

spurs=bling
05-07-2006, 05:14 PM
whatever mouse.

timvp
05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
With AJ as coach of the Mavs, this series won't be over until Game 1 of the WCF begins.

Hook Dem
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Mavs win the next 3.
When you convince yourself that you're full of shit, come back to see us! :lol

CubanMustGo
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
With AJ as coach of the Mavs, this series won't be over until Game 1 of the WCF begins.

Damn straight. :tu

Thank god that last ball went to Stack instead of someone who would have made a better decision. It won't get any easier on Tuesday, let alone when the Mavs return home.

texlawman
05-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Actually I feel very confident about our chances. I think Duncan overperformed and Dirk and Terry underperformed. I also can take comfort that Joe Crawford will not referee again this series. We've lost every playoff game he's ever called 0-9. I also don't see us shooting 67% from the free throw line again. Still, we only lost by 2. I feel good.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I think Duncan overperformed
A 2-time MVP and 3-time finals MVP overperformed...you're kidding right? :rolleyes

I also can take comfort that Joe Crawford will not referee again this series.
And now you are making excuses....pathetic.

Still, we only lost by 2. I feel good.
I also feel good the we played poorly overall and still won.....imagine if we play better.....The Mavs has there chance to steal a game here......those chance don't happen too often.....your guys blew it.

jn77
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Worried? The spurs played just average today. They looked lathergic at times. They did not take very good care of the ball in the first half, and the only big offensive numbers were put up by Tim and Tony. That being said, can you imagine what will happen Tuesday when Manu is back and we get the bench contribution we are used to. The Mavs played as well as the could today and couldn't get it done. The Spurs will be all over the Mavs on Tuesday. I still say Spurs in Six!

DubMcDub
05-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Worried? The spurs played just average today. They looked lathergic at times. They did not take very good care of the ball in the first half, and the only big offensive numbers were put up by Tim and Tony. That being said, can you imagine what will happen Tuesday when Manu is back and we get the bench contribution we are used to. The Mavs played as well as the could today and couldn't get it done. The Spurs will be all over the Mavs on Tuesday. I still say Spurs in Six!

The Mavs played as well as they could?

Ok. Please keep telling yourself that. When Jerry Stackhouse is our leading scorer...NO, we did not play "as well as we could."

If you expect to see Manu and the Spurs bench perform noticeably better in Game 2 (which I do), you better wise up and expect that so will the Mavericks. This was nowhere near our best game.

????????
05-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Parker bothers Terry. Terry will not have a great game this series. IF he scores big numbers it will come forcing shots and shooting a poor percentage, and that plays into the Spurs' hands. Dirk will try to take the series over offensively and will force shots. Look at his personality. He rips his teammates on the court and in the media. This guy wont trust his teammates and will keep firing those fade away shots that will clank front iron in the 4th. Team D wins for the Spurs.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2006, 08:31 PM
yes.

Leetonidas
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
If Tim Duncan plays like this and Tony hits his jumpshot, the Spurs are going to be pretty damn hard to beat.

Deb
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Really Mouse, passing yourself off as a party girl? Shame, Shame

RobinsontoDuncan
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
how many Nouse handles are on this thread? 20?

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Mavs win the next 3.

Only a Mavericks fan, it seems, could try to call a shot that doesn't involve actually winning the series.

It's not Mavs will win 4 of the next 5. It's "I'm predicting that the Mavs will get pretty close again."

This series is far from over, but I don't understand the fascination with calling a shot that only involves 3 wins.

Shank
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Fine, nutsack.

Because I care so much of your opinion of me, I'll say Mavs win 4 of the next 5. But taking the next one in your barn and the 2 back here in Dallas will just be the start.

td4mvp21
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
The Mavs played as well as they could?

Ok. Please keep telling yourself that. When Jerry Stackhouse is our leading scorer...NO, we did not play "as well as we could."

If you expect to see Manu and the Spurs bench perform noticeably better in Game 2 (which I do), you better wise up and expect that so will the Mavericks. This was nowhere near our best game.

They played a nearly flawless first half, and crumbled in the second.

This wasn't even close to the Spurs' best game either. Two way street.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Fine, nutsack.

Because I care so much of your opinion of me, I'll say Mavs win 4 of the next 5. But taking the next one in your barn and the 2 back here in Dallas will just be the start.

I don't give a crap what you think of me. It was just an observation. At least you've taken a stance that actually contemplates your team winning the series.

Props for nutting up without getting personal or anything like that.

Smackie Chan
05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
yes.

let's see how you feel after Tuesday :smokin

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 08:22 PM
We shall see Smckie, we shall seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fro

Sasha
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Mavs win the next 3.

Dream on. :rolleyes

Deb
05-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm feeling real good already, and it's only Monday :lol :lol :lol :lol

Deb
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
how many Nouse handles are on this thread? 20?
Mouse comes in many forms - male, female, dog - he doesn't care.

Pitiful :

:princess :princess

E20
05-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I couldn't watch the game because it was on FUCKING NOON, what kind of company puts on a good game at noon?

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 09:18 PM

this is one of mouse's alias. is he having a mental breakdown again?

veruca
05-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually I feel very confident about our chances. I think Duncan overperformed and Dirk and Terry underperformed. I also can take comfort that Joe Crawford will not referee again this series. We've lost every playoff game he's ever called 0-9. I also don't see us shooting 67% from the free throw line again. Still, we only lost by 2. I feel good.

Get your facts straight before you start whining--DANNY CRAWFORD was ref for this game, not Joe Crawford; there's a BIG difference; Danny C is black and has a mustache; Joe C is an old white guy. By the way, free throws were fairly even but I guess having an owner like Cuban that's ALWAYS whining about the refs tends to rub off on Mavs fans!!

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 09:31 PM
the spurs definately have a tough second round matchup, when was the last time things got so screwed up with the seeding that it had everyone talking about overhauling the whole playoff system. Don't forget though, psychologically, the spurs have a HUGE advantage here. Any sign of weakness and the Mavs=chokers talk starts again in full force. As a red wings fan, I've seen it, that "here we go again" mentality can take you right out of a series.

mavsfan1000
05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Mavs win game 5. They have taken away the spurs will. 2 devastating losses in a row is hard to recover from.

texas84
05-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Mavs win the next 3.

Shank, you talk some smack, but that was a genius call a week ago.

Shank
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I think I'm tapped out of genius calls. But I did follow up the 3-game win streak by saying the Mavs would win 4 of 5 (winning the series in 6).

I was uncertain of how Monday's game would turn out and was obviously relieved. I find it hard to believe that a team of the Spurs pedigree would go out without scrapping. But I do think the Mavs have weathered just about everything San Antonio could throw at them. They just don't have the personnel for the matchup problems the Mavs present.

Wednesday won't be as close as the last 2 games. One team wins by double-digits.

I'm going back on my 4-out-of-5 and winning in 6. Mavs close it out in San Antonio Wednesday night by once again scoring more than 100 points against a Spurs team that will have moments where they realize that relief and a long-awaited fishing trip awaits them.