PDA

View Full Version : Dear Spurs, please beat those smug Detroit Pistons...

TheCavalier
05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
As a Cavs fan I really cannot stand the Detroit Pistons. That's where the Spurs come in. Naturally, my team isn't quite ready to beat Detroit this year it seems. I've always respected and pulled for the SA Spurs organization. Heck, our GM and coach have SA ties.

I know the SPURS CAN AND WILL BEAT THOSE SMUG DETROIT PISTONS AGAIN IN THE FINALS!

GO SPURS GO!

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome. Excellent first post.

TheCavalier
05-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks. Nothing would make me happier than the Spurs beating Detroit again in the finals. A sweep would be ideal.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Ya never know. Stranger things have happened. Go Spurs. Go Pistons.

FreshPrince22
05-07-2006, 08:14 PM
:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
05-07-2006, 08:15 PM
As a Cavs fan I really cannot stand the Detroit Pistons. That's where the Spurs come in. Naturally, my team isn't quite ready to beat Detroit this year it seems. I've always respected and pulled for the SA Spurs organization. Heck, our GM and coach have SA ties.

I know the SPURS CAN AND WILL BEAT THOSE SMUG DETROIT PISTONS AGAIN IN THE FINALS!

GO SPURS GO!

So you hate The Pistons because they are good. Okay that a good reason good luck to you guys.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
It's nice to know that there are still people out there who hate the Pistons. Thought everybody but ESPN loved us.

????????
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
HAHAHA - only Det. guys are responding. With Lebron and Hughes - if the Cavs could ever play any DEFENSE they could take care of things themselves. Their defense is HORRIBLE.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Way to give up on your team after one game. :lol

FreshPrince22
05-07-2006, 08:21 PM
HAHAHA - only Det. guys are responding. With Lebron and Hughes - if the Cavs could ever play any DEFENSE they could take care of things themselves. Their defense is HORRIBLE.

Hughes is awful. Mr. gamble for steals on D, shoot 30% on O, and spending 60 games on the IR with a stubbed toe. Horrible signing.

????????
05-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Hughes is awful. Mr. gamble for steals on D, shoot 30% on O, and spending 60 games on the IR with a stubbed toe. Horrible signing.
Yeah, Hughes is awful on defense. If you could ever get the guy (or anyone on that team) to commit to defense then it would be a different story. But you are right about his toughness - I overlooked that. The guy is a giant PUSS and I wouldnt want him on my team.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome. Excellent first post.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

T Park
05-07-2006, 08:25 PM
IR with a stubbed toe

or with a torn ligament in his hand.

Same thing.....

TheCavalier
05-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I Don't give up on my team. I look at things realistically. Every writer in the Cleveland PD predicted Pistons in 5. However, If we can take game 2 and go back to CLE 1-1 on saturday then we have a shot.

This thread is just to show my support for the Spurs as I hope they do well...

Dunc
And another question, why the fuck is Z not a monster? He's huge, so why is he so soft? I see no reason he shouldn't at least be getting 10 boards a game. I don't see enough Cavs games to be an expert on him, so this is a question I don't know the answer to.

spurs=bling
:sleep

Mavtek
Don't worry, the Mavs can beat the Pistons for you!

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I Don't give up on my team. I look at things realistically. Every writer in the Cleveland PD predicted Pistons in 5. However, If we can take game 2 and go back to CLE 1-1 on saturday then we have a shot.

You won't take game two. You have a good shot at game 3 though. IMO. And that will be your big shot at it.

mavsfan1000
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
The pistons will lose to either the mavs or spurs. The west owns all.

CharlieMac
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM

GO SPURS GO!

I like Detroit and teh Cavs. But for what it's worth, I hope we get to beat the Pistons too. :hat

MI21
I find it very funny how the first 4 replys were by good Detroit supporters. Cool but funny.

This forum really does suck in fans of opposing teams.

FreshPrince22
or with a torn ligament in his hand.

Same thing.....
Injury prone? Pussy? I don't care. He does the same thing every year. He has missed 154 games in the last 6 years. That's practically 2 full seasons worth. Ben Wallace's thumb pops out of it's socket 3-4 times a game and hangs there like a limp noodle untill he pops it back. Does he miss games for it?

That's all I'm saying. He picks up these lame injuries every 2 seconds.

Vinnie_Johnson

So what your saying is when The Cav's get knocked out you would like a seat on The Spurs Bandwagon. I don't mean to give you crap I love Brons game you just don't have enough around him yet. I think game two should be closer we won't shoot 85% from down town like that. Should be close until the third Cav's will lose by 10 to 12 points. Then I think Cav's have a great chance to take game three at home. :spin

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I like Detroit and teh Cavs. But for what it's worth, I hope we get to beat the Pistons too. :hat

Yeah, I like the LeBrons for the most part too. It his commercials I can't stand.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
HAHAHA - only Det. guys are responding.

Just sticking up for our boys :)

Pistons < Spurs
05-07-2006, 08:37 PM
If we can take game 2 and go back to CLE 1-1 on saturday then we have a shot.

Even if you take games 2,3 and 4, you don't have a shot.

But I do hope the Cavs continue to improve and become better in the years to come. You've got a lot of the necessary pieces, but the puzzle is still incomplete.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I like the LeBrons for the most part too. It his commercials I can't stand.
yeah wtF? you are all witnesses???

That only hurts Lebron's cred, bound to piss off the marginal fans. He needs better business management of his name...

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:41 PM

That only hurts Lebron's cred, bound to piss off the marginal fans. He needs better business management of his name...

Doesn't he have his buddies from Akron managing his brand right now? The Four Horsemen or some shit? Maybe some professionals would be a good idea, cuz that garbage ain't doing it.

jochhejaam
05-07-2006, 08:46 PM

GO SPURS GO!
Weak post. You took a beating and you're looking for someone to help with the bully. Get your butts back on the Court and take your medicine like men!!

I'm actually glad Cav fans have the chance to see their team in the playoffs, it's been a long drought.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm actually glad Cav fans have the chance to see their team in the playoffs, it's been a long drought.

Same. With the Tigers and Lions, we know what it's like. No fun at all.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Weak post. You took a beating and your looking for someone to help with the bully. Get your butts back on the Court and take your medicine like men!!

Spurs Alternate Slogan outside SA: Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...

Dunc
05-07-2006, 08:49 PM
^ :lmao

SlasherX
05-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Learn to Respect. Don't Hate. Hater.

Obstructed_View
Why the hell is this in the Spurs forum?

CharlieMac
Yeah, Lebron has friends managing him or something.

jochhejaam
05-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Why the hell is this in the Spurs forum?
Newbie got away with one at least until the mods get off break.

JamStone
05-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I think petitioning Spurs fans on a messageboard is a great step in having the Spurs beat the Pistons. Spurstalk.com will do everything in their power to ensure the Spurs beat the Pistons should the two teams meet. Oh wait, that's nothing.

clubalien
05-07-2006, 09:00 PM
I wonder if he is related to Tpark?

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I think petitioning Spurs fans on a messageboard is a great step in having the Spurs beat the Pistons. Spurstalk.com will do everything in their power to ensure the Spurs beat the Pistons should the two teams meet. Oh wait, that's nothing.
Shhh. Don't give it away that this site isn't actually visited by the players and coaches. I'm sure, if it were, that they would get the proper motivation from this thread to carry them all the way to the title, and would give credit on the riser when crowned "chamPEEN".

Dunc
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM

Although if they could throw a few more bravatars up there, it couldn't hurt :D

ABDENOUR POWER
05-07-2006, 09:22 PM

No kidding. :lol

Brutalis
05-07-2006, 09:39 PM

But I do hope the Cavs continue to improve and become better in the years to come. You've got a lot of the necessary pieces, but the puzzle is still incomplete.
That's the kind of cock attitude I hate.

All the more reason for why Detroit won't even survive the ECF.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:44 PM

You must hate a lot of us here, then.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 09:46 PM

No dude, it's called reality. We wouldn't be saying shit like that about the Spurs or Mavs. The Cavs are simply not in the same class as the Pistons. You would put money on the Cavs taking out the Pistons? Not likely. And having confident fans doesn't mean playoff failure. That's an odd thing to say, don't you think?

Brutalis
05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I wasn't defending the Cavs you friggin genius.

Dunc
05-07-2006, 09:52 PM
I didn't say you were defending the Cavs. I was explaining that it wasn't a "cock" attitude, I was explaining that the Cavs have no chance in this series, which is why Pistons fans and Spurs fans alike say that Cleveland has no chance in this series. You're inferring attitude where none exists. Simple statement of fact.

FreshPrince22
05-07-2006, 09:53 PM

:lol Because a fan is cofident a little overconfident?

ObiwanGinobili
05-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I like the Cavs - they are really becomign somethign worth watching (and I'm prob one of the few people not interested in watchign a LeBron show all night , I want ot see a TEAM play). Hopefully Danny Ferry can help build them into something great.
Obviously this isn't thier year.
That being said - it WILL be a SA/DET final. Of course.
Will we kick DET's ass? I really can't say.
I hope we take home the ring - but I'm sure it'll be a 6 or 7 game nailbiter.

T-Pain
05-07-2006, 09:58 PM

hell yeah, Im a witness. Dont be hatin cuz LeBrons got game...

obviously you are a witness to LeBron

Dunc
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
hell yeah, Im a witness. Dont be hatin cuz LeBrons got game...

obviously you are a witness to LeBron

Just getting a bit sick of it. And if I ever have to see that replay of him clapping his hands together with chalk before game 1 of the first round like he's fucking Jesus Christ or something, I swear I will vomit. I think ESPN asked him to do that just for their promos cuz it looks like it really fits. No question he's great, no question he could be one of the greatest ever, but honestly, enough is enough.

SAGambler
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
So what your saying is when The Cav's get knocked out you would like a seat on The Spurs Bandwagon. I don't mean to give you crap I love Brons game you just don't have enough around him yet. I think game two should be closer we won't shoot 85% from down town like that. Should be close until the third Cav's will lose by 10 to 12 points. Then I think Cav's have a great chance to take game three at home. :spin
Yeah, if they ever put some players around Lebron, Cavs gonna be a monster contender. I love LBJs game. That dude is awesome. And what's scary is he is only going to get better.

Pistons < Spurs
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
I didn't say you were defending the Cavs. I was explaining that it wasn't a "cock" attitude, I was explaining that the Cavs have no chance in this series, which is why Pistons fans and Spurs fans alike say that Cleveland has no chance in this series. You're inferring attitude where none exists. Simple statement of fact.

right on. thank you.

My comment is not flaming the Cavs. It's not showing a cocky attitude. It's reality. The Cavs are over matched. Hopefully they will reach the level neccesary to compete.....but they are not yet there.

And as FreshPrince22 stated, my thought and attitude do not have an impact on the Pistons chances in the ECF

:rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty
05-07-2006, 10:07 PM
No dude, it's called reality. We wouldn't be saying shit like that about the Spurs or Mavs. The Cavs are simply not in the same class as the Pistons. You would put money on the Cavs taking out the Pistons? Not likely. And having confident fans doesn't mean playoff failure. That's an odd thing to say, don't you think?

Have to say, the man speaks the truth. The Pistons, Mavs and Spurs are in a class of their own... then there is the rest of the league. Cavs dont have a prayer to take the Pistons.

Dunc
And as FreshPrince22 stated, my thought and attitude do not have an impact on the Pistons chances in the ECF

Actually, I think I remember this time that a team's fans lost a championship for them..... um.... no wait, never mind. Lol :)

5ToolMan
Lock this thread!

The Spurs have business with the Mavs. We don't need to hear Cavs fan crying. The Pistons will be a worry, if and when they and the Spurs get that far. (Not that I don't expect it, but that conversation is way too early)

Dunc
05-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Lock this thread!

Or move it to the NBA forum, maybe. This is only here because the new Cavs fan didn't know the rules for posting (not his/her fault, just a fact) and it ended up in the Spurs forum. I kinda like this thread, but it doesn't need to be here.

Pistons < Spurs
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I was listening to the WDFN show today, and a cleveland fan called in and said that the Cavs would win in 5. Rob Otto was killing it. It was one of the funniest bits I've heard in a long while. This guy was serious as a heart attack. Cavs in 5. Cavs in 5. :lol

Dunc
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I was listening to the WDFN show today, and a cleveland fan called in and said that the Cavs would win in 5. Rob Otto was killing it. It was one of the funniest bits I've heard in a long while. This guy was serious as a heart attack. Cavs in 5. Cavs in 5. :lol

Damn. Guaransheed that's a promo bit tomorrow. I'll have to tune in early and often, lol. Otto would have fun with that shit, too, lol.

Darrin
05-07-2006, 11:15 PM

Spotting any team, the Hawks for instance, a 3-1 series lead is just damn foolish. Could the Pistons win? They have (Orlando in 2003). But why go through that?

As for the original poster: "smug?" What is it that you find offensive?

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 11:23 PM
For people questioning why this is in the Spurs forum:

Because it's asking for the SPURS to beat the Pistons.

Because it's the playoffs and the SPURS might meet the Pistons later in the playoffs.

Because I choose to leave it here.

I love how you all come out of the woodwork trying to be wannabe moderators. :lol

If you don't like a thread, you can always just scroll.

ducks
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
cavs in 5 if cavs win it would be in 6
but that has 1% happening
if james can not score a point in the second half they have no shot at all
james also usually shots 33% against pistons and 18 points a game
in the regualr season atleast that is what the abc announcers said

cavs are done

Darrin
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
right on. thank you.

My comment is not flaming the Cavs. It's not showing a cocky attitude. It's reality. The Cavs are over matched. Hopefully they will reach the level neccesary to compete.....but they are not yet there.

Are you familar with the expression "on the nose?"

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:14 AM

Because it's the playoffs and the SPURS might meet the Pistons later in the playoffs.

I love how you all come out of the woodwork trying to be wannabe moderators. :lol

As for myself, my defense is that I just assumed that it wouldn't meet the criteria to remain in the Spurs forum. I like this thread so I'm glad it's not going anywhere.

TheCavalier
05-08-2006, 09:39 AM
For Detroit fans...

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1218/4237803/8889292/139077326.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1218/4237803/8889292/131981282.jpg

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 09:51 AM

Yet another example of the clear thinking coming out of Arkansas.

Dunc
05-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Lol at the Cavalier

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Brutalis' posts arent worth the electronic data attached to storing them.

Worthless on a scale not previously seen by humanity.

--------------------

Oh yeah, we Pistons fans want the Spurs too, my man. I want to play no other team for the Title. None.

I want a rematch. The Spurs are 'one up' on the Pistons right now. If the Pistons win this year, they are tied at 2 for Championships in the past 4 years.

I dont count 99. I know Spurs fans will, and I understand that completely. To me though, it was 7 years ago, with a Laker 3-peat in between.

Dunc
05-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Quite agreed. Well put.

bdubya
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
As a Cavs fan I really cannot stand the Detroit Pistons...............I know the SPURS CAN AND WILL BEAT THOSE SMUG DETROIT PISTONS AGAIN IN THE FINALS!

Okay, I understand the dislike; being in the same division as the Pistons has got to be a headache. But I don't understand the "smug" thing; they know they're the best in the conference and don't fake otherwise, but they also give credit to teams that play them hard (and even beat them, on occasion).

And most of all, I also don't understand your avatar; a Cavs fan who wants to be Tony Parker's woman? That's just creepy. Weird, dark and creepy.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I hate Detroit more than I ever hated the Lakers or the Jazz.

They are pompous asses, and that Championship belt crap they pulled out in 04 was proof of this.

The Spurs will kick their asses again and hopefully shut their pie holes once and for all.

Dunc
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM

They are pompous asses, and that Championship belt crap they pulled out in 04 was proof of this.

The Spurs will kick their asses again and hopefully shut their pie holes once and for all.

I've never understood the hatred the Pistons got over the belts. What's the big deal about this?

JamStone
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM

Most professional athletes have some arrogance or cockiness in them. Pistons are no different. And, outside of Rasheed and sometimes Rip, most of the Pistons players are quietly and humbly confident. The Spurs are very humble and modest, but that's more of the exception than the rule when it comes to pro basketball players.

As for shutting their pie holes once and for all, even should the Spurs beat the Pistons this year in the Finals, don't expect Rasheed to shut up. Shaq hasn't won a title in three years, and he still talks more than any other player in the league. Pro athletes don't shut up just because they lose.

And, if that's directed towards Pistons fans who talk a lot of smack, don't expect them to shut up either. If the Spurs do win, the smack-talking Pistons fans may be quiet for a few weeks, but there will several others that will make excuses and continue to talk how the Pistons were the better team but just didn't win. I suspect there will be several Spurs fans who would do the same should the Pistons beat the Spurs. That's just how it goes.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I knew the Cavs would get rolled by the Pistons b/c of the way LeBron and his buddies were celebrating after game 6 against the Wiz. I think they are satisfied to get to the second round, and have no illusions of beating a championship caliber team like Detroit.

JamStone
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
The belts were cool. Sure, they were kind of corny. But, they were only stupid if you were a fan of a rival team.

George Gervin's Afro
05-08-2006, 11:36 AM

I think she has spoken! :lol

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Most professional athletes have some arrogance or cockiness in them. Pistons are no different. And, outside of Rasheed and sometimes Rip, most of the Pistons players are quietly and humbly confident. The Spurs are very humble and modest, but that's more of the exception than the rule when it comes to pro basketball players.

As for shutting their pie holes once and for all, even should the Spurs beat the Pistons this year in the Finals, don't expect Rasheed to shut up. Shaq hasn't won a title in three years, and he still talks more than any other player in the league. Pro athletes don't shut up just because they lose.

And, if that's directed towards Pistons fans who talk a lot of smack, don't expect them to shut up either. If the Spurs do win, the smack-talking Pistons fans may be quiet for a few weeks, but there will several others that will make excuses and continue to talk how the Pistons were the better team but just didn't win. I suspect there will be several Spurs fans who would do the same should the Pistons beat the Spurs. That's just how it goes.

I like the Pistons' fans actually. You are some of the best fans in the NBA, and I enjoy your takes.

I just can not stand Rasheed at all.

DarrinS
05-08-2006, 11:37 AM

I've never hated ANY team more than the Lakers. I don't especially like Rasheed Wallace, but the Pistons are a great team.

I know that David Stern doesn't want to see Spurs vs. Pistons in the finals, but I'd love to see these two teams in the finals again.

If ANY team in the west has ANY CHANCE of beating the Pistons, it's the Spurs.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I've never hated ANY team more than the Lakers. I don't especially like Rasheed Wallace, but the Pistons are a great team.

I know that David Stern doesn't want to see Spurs vs. Pistons in the finals, but I'd love to see these two teams in the finals again.

If ANY team in the west has ANY CHANCE of beating the Pistons, it's the Spurs.

The Lakers were hated because they always beat us, but they were really pretty good guys(except Kobe). You had to respect Magic, Kareem, Big Game James, Coop, Scott and even Rambis.

Plus I partied with them, so I liked them.

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
That's ridiculous to hate the Pistons. For what reason? they play awesome team ball. they are like a snake with multiple heads.

People that hate the Pistons might as well hate the Spurs too, cause we inflict fear and play the same way. Spurs - Pistons finals would be awesome, and it's looking more and more likely

leemajors
05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
maybe the cavs would have better luck vs the pistons in checkers or connect 4.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:43 AM
That's ridiculous to hate the Pistons. For what reason? they play awesome team ball. they are like a snake with multiple heads.

People that hate the Pistons might as well hate the Spurs too, cause we inflict fear and play the same way. Spurs - Pistons finals would be awesome, and it's looking more and more likely

RASHEED and BEN

Nuff said.

I hate them.

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 11:44 AM
RASHEED and BEN

Nuff said.

I hate them.

So a Piston fan would respond:

Duncan and Manu.

Nuff said.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:45 AM

So a Piston fan would respond:

Duncan and Manu.

Nuff said.

TD and Manu are NOT assholes to the nth degree....

A plague on your house for even trying to compare them!!!!!!!

:flipoff

Dunc
05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Ben and Rasheed are assholes?? Maybe Rasheed (much as I love the guy, I can't disagree), but to say Ben is an asshole is bullshit. Maybe if you partied with Ben like you party with the Lakers you'd have an idea? :lol

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 11:49 AM
TD and Manu are NOT assholes to the nth degree....

A plague on your house for even trying to compare them!!!!!!!

:flipoff

I am not the brightest but even I can understand some ppl fans of other teams hating Manu for flopping and Duncan for being so boring and complaining about every ref call.

I don't hate the Pistons, because even though I agree, they might be cheesy and over the top when they speak and act(celebrations,etc) when it comes time to play, they become a TEAM, props for that.

Open up your mind a little Jim, it will help you in your life and business.

peace

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Ben and Rasheed are assholes?? Maybe Rasheed (much as I love the guy, I can't disagree), but to say Ben is an asshole is bullshit. Maybe if you partied with Ben like you party with the Lakers you'd have an idea? :lol

Ben refusing to go into a game, when Flip tried to put him back in, showed his true colors.

Plus he is the one that started the Brawl in Detroit that ruined the Indy franchise.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM

Open up your mind a little Jim, it will help you in your life and business.

peace

My mind is very open. I like people and always give the benefit of the doubt, but I have seen the Wallaces' act too many times to count and it is sorry, and does not deserve my respect.

As I said, i like the fans of Detroit in here and appreciate their basketball IQ and their classy behavior.

Props to them, but I hate their team

:)

Dunc
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Ben's refusal to go into a game is a different story than meets the eye. Nobody outside of that locker room knows exactly what happened, but he lit a fire under them and their play since then has shown that. And the Brawl was just the perfect storm. That dumbass at the Palace doesn't throw that drink, there's no brawl. Grasping at straws Jim.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Ben's refusal to go into a game is a different story than meets the eye. Nobody outside of that locker room knows exactly what happened, but he lit a fire under them and their play since then has shown that. And the Brawl was just the perfect storm. That dumbass at the Palace doesn't throw that drink, there's no brawl. Grasping at straws Jim.

Look at the tape. Wallace charged Ron Artest, and had to be restrained, and that started the whole chain reaction. Wallace should have been tossed right then, then Artest would not have had to go to scorers' table, where he was in range of the fans.

Tanya
05-08-2006, 11:59 AM

I can't believe you hate the pistons Jimc50. Everytime you start a post like "XXX is killing the pistons, the pistons usually win." I thought you were helping the pistons.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/dec04/belt1203.jpg

I don't hate the Pistons but thought getting off the plane in SA last year during the playoffs wearing those stupid belts was really stupid and tasteless. It was fun sending them back to Detroit with the belts in their suitcases...:lol

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Look at the tape. Wallace charged Ron Artest, and had to be restrained, and that started the whole chain reaction. Wallace should have been tossed right then, then Artest would not have had to go to scorers' table, where he was in range of the fans.

The event that started the chain reaction, if you want to go to the very beginning, was a hard foul from Artest with under a minute to go in a blowout. Then Ben shoved him back and charged him and was held back a bit by team personnel (or security, not sure), to a degree that if Ben had wanted to blow through the guy and continue at Artest, he could have. No, I'm not saying that he was without blame, but to put the blame for the brawl on his shoulders is ridiculous. And to call him an asshole for his role in the events is also ridiculous.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
I can't believe you hate the pistons Jimc50. Everytime you start a post like "XXX is killing the pistons, the pistons usually win." I thought you were helping the pistons.

I slew that demon already...I am no longer a jinx.
:)

Pistons < Spurs
05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Ben refusing to go into a game, when Flip tried to put him back in, showed his true colors.

So one incident, as poor as it was, that got way overblown by the media is a better representation of who Ben Wallace is as oppsed to 10 years in the League without any negativity? :rolleyes

You obviously know little about Ben if you think that dispay showed his "true colors".

Plus he is the one that started the Brawl in Detroit that ruined the Indy franchise.

Again I have to disagree with you. Ben did not start a brawl. Out of frustration, he did vigirously foul Artest. He was out of line. There was no need for that foul, even if in his mind he was simply retaliating to Artest fouling him.

But that is not stsrting a brawl. 2 people were responsible for that. The cup throwing fan, and Artest. No one else.

Based on your logic, we should expect a brawl in every game that there is a hard foul.

Ben is in no way responsible for poor decisions others make.

Arterst is responsible is tearing down the Pacer franchise. Not Ben.

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/dec04/belt1203.jpg

I don't hate the Pistons but thought getting off the plane in SA last year during the playoffs wearing those stupid belts was really stupid and tasteless. It was fun sending them back to Detroit with the belts in their suitcases...:lol

Lol, I hadn't heard they had the belts on getting off the plane in SA. But at that time, they were the champions, so they had the right to have swagger like that. Not so this year. Not yet.

angel_luv
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks. Nothing would make me happier than the Spurs beating Detroit again in the finals. A sweep would be ideal.

That would be our pleasure! :tu :D

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
The event that started the chain reaction, if you want to go to the very beginning, was a hard foul from Artest with under a minute to go in a blowout. Then Ben shoved him back and charged him and was held back a bit by team personnel (or security, not sure), to a degree that if Ben had wanted to blow through the guy and continue at Artest, he could have. No, I'm not saying that he was without blame, but to put the blame for the brawl on his shoulders is ridiculous. And to call him an asshole for his role in the events is also ridiculous.

Hey, you can hate my team, that is your prerogative, so do not take it personal if I hate you team....it is just sports...this is not real life.

:spin

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't hate your team. That's one of the reasons I like this board, becuase I like your team. I kinda like the fact that you hate my team, actually, but I don't understand your hatred of Ben. But you don't like him, it's all good, and that's cool.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Agree to disagree

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Agreed.

bdubya
05-08-2006, 12:12 PM

Weak. Like "I've fallen and I can't get up" weak. Like coffee brewed with cold water. Like Coors Light. Weak weak weak.

I can understand hating Sheed, with the mouth he's got on him (and that's the ONLY reason I can understand hating Sheed. Mouth aside, he's class.) But hating BEN? Weak. He tweaked once and shoved another player; big deal. If he hadn't, you would have found an even weaker reason to feebly hate him.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Weak. Like "I've fallen and I can't get up" weak. Like coffee brewed with cold water. Like Coors Light. Weak weak weak.

I can understand hating Sheed, with the mouth he's got on him (and that's the ONLY reason I can understand hating Sheed. Mouth aside, he's class.) But hating BEN? Weak. He tweaked once and shoved another player; big deal. If he hadn't, you would have found an even weaker reason to feebly hate him.

Ok, I admit that I hate him for taking Bruce's DPOY award every damned year...year after year after year....ok?????

Dunc
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Finally! I knew there had to be an actual reason, lol. That I can understand :)

JamStone
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Despite Manu's flopping, I love him as a player.

Even if Bruce plays dirty sometimes, I love him as a player.

How could anyone hate Tim Duncan?

Tony Parker and his ball and chain can be annoying ... off the court. But, I don't hate him as a player.

And, I have been a huge fan of Nick Van Exellent since his Cincinnati days.

No one else on the Spurs roster make me love or hate them either way as players. I'm more apathetic to them if anything.

Rasheed is not an asshole. He's a loudmouth, cocky professional athlete. He's like Terrell Owens or Jeremy Roenick or Pedro Martinez in terms of personality. But, the difference is Rasheed on the court and in the lockerroom as a player is an unselfish teammate. Sure he has a loudmouth and says some outrageous things, but that's his personality. Since he's become a Piston, you can't really hate him for what he does on the court, except for the technicals he gets for arguing with officials, and many times that's based on reputation. To me, it shows how passionate he is about winning. If you don't like him, that's your prerogative. But, if he was on your team, I suspect you would love his fire and you would laugh at the things he says. Not every pro athlete can be a drama free choir boy like Derek Jeter or Grant Hill. And, we even see with Kobe Bryant, that that image is often times just a media protrayal that is not really genuine.

As for Ben Wallace, he was wrong for not going back into the game in Orlando. You won't find many players who haven't made mistakes like that before. Ben should have known better. But, somehow, that incident has only fueled the Pistons. No one, including Flip Saunders and the coaching staff, made a big deal out of it. Ben was making a statement in as much as he was wrong in order for the team to play better. Bad way to lead, but essentially leading it was. I don't condone it or justify it. I only say that the end result has been positive, though the action was not. And, other than that one incident, what else can you say about Ben Wallace that would even remotely justify hating him? The guy goes on the court and works his tail doing all the little things no one else wants to do. He is generally quiet, doesn't talk much smack at all, and he is the foundation of the Pistons success for the last five years. Understanding why anyone would hate Ben Wallace is very hard to do. And, if you want to re-hash the whole brawl thing, fine. Ben over-reacted. But, don't say Ben started the brawl. As much as it has been discussed over the last two years, you have to get over it. Ben over-reacted to being fouled in a blowout game with about a minute left in the ballgame. Over-reaction was not the cause of the brawl. Ben charging Artest did not make Artest go into the stands. It was an overreaction to a foul. You could argue that Bruce Bowen over-reacted to being fallen on by Ray Allen. Ray Allen did not end up going into the stands and fighting fans. Had he done so, would you argue Bruce started it? Of course not. I hate to talk about the brawl again, but people who still blame Ben for the brawl are just reaching for an unfounded reason to hate on Ben. Jim, you know you're better than that.

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I just think the Pistons are cheesy. Ben's inlove w/himself and his afro, the way Rasheed talks and acts like a child, Hamilton's mask to protect his delicate nose, the championship belts, the cheesy announcer, etc. :lol

But I guess, ppl can say Spurs are cheesy too.

Tanya
05-08-2006, 12:33 PM
It's alright. Since the pistons have no super stars, have no good looking guys, and most importantly, had some fans started the brawl, I can understand why people hate them. I love the pistons. I love the way they play, I love their chemistry. I am getting used to people attacking them by saying how rude they are, how ugly they are, or how lucky they are. I am getting used to it, and I don't care anymore.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 12:33 PM
They are a little cheesy in their antics, I can admit.

There aint a damn thing cheesy about their play though.

PS. I hate "wrastlin", er go, I hated the belts.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Detroit is the only that scares me. I'm bummed that they have the HCA this year.

Darrin
05-08-2006, 12:40 PM
It's alright. Since the pistons have no super stars, have no good looking guys, and most importantly, had some fans started the brawl, I can understand why people hate them. I love the pistons. I love the way they play, I love their chemistry. I am getting used to people attacking them by saying how rude they are, how ugly they are, or how lucky they are. I am getting used to it, and I don't care anymore.

You forgot good-looking girlfriends (and the smack meter gets turned up a notch).

bdubya
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, I admit that I hate him for taking Bruce's DPOY award every damned year...year after year after year....ok?????

Now that, I can totally respect. :tu

RON ARTEST
05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
The pistons will lose to either the mavs or spurs. The west owns all.
:lol if the pistons lose to someone it sure as hell wont be the mavs.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 01:39 PM

No shit. Mavsfan, you haven't earned the right to talk smack about the Spurs or Detroit.

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 03:10 PM

haha it's funny Ron Artest stuck around even after Kings series. Plus he's making sense now