PDA

View Full Version : Just My Thoughts.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Great! The Spurs won; however, Manu's penchant for turnovers does not make me feel any better about the win. Hopefully he can improve his play as the series and the playoffs move along. He will need to be at his very best should they make it to the Finals.

Note: I am watching the game from Jersey, and I must say that from what I saw on TV, Spurs fans in the arena during the heat of battle are WACK. That is to say, they are very dead. WTF, this is the playoffs. Cheer for your f@#!in' team to win the game. Try to disrupt the communication of the opposing team on the floor, . . . for God's sake, give your team some energy.

But, they won, so I guess that's all that matters. :fro

T Park
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Spurs fans in the arena during the heat of battle are WACK. That is to say, they are very dead. WTF, this is the playoffs. Cheer for your f@#!in' team to win the game. Try to disrupt the communication of the opposing team on the floor, . . . for God's sake, give your team some energy.

what fucking game did you watch.

Me and the arena were freakin loud all game long.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Perhaps you and your little section were loud. I gotta tell you, when they came back from commercials and during curcial moments in the 3rd and 4th quarters, that arena was not so loud. The fans need to man the f#@! up, and show some support.

Joepa
05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Sometimes the noise of the crowd is lost to the television viewing audience. It was very loud there today.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Perhaps you and your little section were loud. I gotta tell you, when they came back from commercials and during curcial moments in the 3rd and 4th quarters, that arena was not so loud. The fans need to man the f#@! up, and show some support.

I think the AT&T Center crowd can be fickle sometimes and isn't always as into games as it should be. The late arrivals this morning and the late arrivals after halftime were kind of disheartening.

But, in the 4th quarter, that crowd was loud. If it didn't come through the television, it's more proof that the building doesn't get mic'd up very well.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
It should be so loud, that announcers are compelled to say "It's really loud in here." I know the Spurs arena holds more people that the King's arena. I hear the difference, and it is huge.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Kori mentioned that they don't mike the crowd at the AT&T center for games. If you aren't there, you can't tell if it's loud.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2006, 09:38 PM
It should be so loud, that announcers are compelled to say "It's really loud in here." I know the Spurs arena holds more people that the King's arena. I hear the difference, and it is huge.

I was in Arco for Game 3 of that series and in AT&T Center today -- AT&T was the louder building.

boutons_
05-07-2006, 09:39 PM
"Manu's penchant for turnovers"

Tim had 4 TOs, also.

Manu also had 4 STLs. Where Manu's game was down was AST = 0 and only 5/14 FGs.

For the big picture, 12 TOs per team is pretty good ball care considering the playoff defenses.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Kori mentioned that they don't mike the crowd at the AT&T center for games. If you aren't there, you can't tell if it's loud.

If that is the case, then someone that matters should bring this up to team and arena officials. Every little bit helps.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
If that is the case, then someone that matters should bring this up to team and arena officials. Every little bit helps.
Why would it matter what it sounds like on TV? They don't pump it back through the public address system. Fromwaydowntown, who was at Arco and the AT&T center, already said that San Antonio was louder. There's your answer. Reading comprehension is your friend.

T Park
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
then someone that matters should bring this up to team and arena officials. Every little bit helps

Who gives a care what it sounds like at home?

Borosai
05-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a mic in my pants, and it gets really freakin' loud in there.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Tim had 4 TOs, also.

Manu also had 4 STLs. Where Manu's game was down was AST = 0 and only 5/14 FGs.

For the big picture, 12 TOs per team is pretty good ball care considering the playoff defenses.

Manu's turnovers seemingly happen at crucial junctures in the game as of late. I think he's been a little too careless with the ball. Sometimes his passes are predictable. Opponents heve thouroughly scouted his tendencies.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM
I have a mic in my pants, and it gets really freakin' loud in there.
Hence, "Talk to my pants". It all makes sense now.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Why would it matter what it sounds like on TV? They don't pump it back through the public address system. Fromwaydowntown, who was at Arco and the AT&T center, already said that San Antonio was louder. There's your answer. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Aural comprehension would be yours, but you are pitch deaf.

doldrums
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I compare Nets game on ESPN vs the local feed. The local feed has much greater crowd noise. It's more important for the major networks to have the announcers heard clearly.

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Hence, "Talk to my pants". It all makes sense now.

I am sure you two have enjoyed a time or two together. I'll just bow out for now. :fro

Doc Jerome
05-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I compare Nets game on ESPN vs the local feed. The local feed has much greater crowd noise. It's more important for the major networks to have the announcers heard clearly.

Great point. :fro

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Aural comprehension would be yours, but you are pitch deaf.
Um. Okay. :lol