PDA

View Full Version : MVP voting: TD #8, TP #9

missmyzte
05-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Parker learned that he finished ninth in voting for the Most Valuable Player award, one spot behind teammate Tim Duncan, a two-time MVP. It was the first time Parker received MVP votes. Phoenix's Steve Nash was voted MVP for the second-straight season.

Duncan's slipping to eighth, said Parker, is a reflection of his value as a teammate.

"He didn't play like the two years he won the award and was just dominating, doing everything," Parker said. "Now, he's the type of player who is very unselfish, and doesn't care if I finish with all the points, or Manu (Ginobili) scores all the points. He just wants us to win. He's just unselfish and is going to play like that. He knows we need two or three options, and basketball is a team game."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA050806.9D.BKNspurs.notebook.d2e7ba9.html

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Do you have the complete results? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Player, team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
Steve Nash, Phoenix 57 32 20 8 6 924
LeBron James, Cleveland 16 41 33 23 7 688
Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas 14 22 25 36 17 544
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 22 11 18 22 30 483
Chauncey Billups, Detroit 15 13 22 18 25 430
Dwyane Wade, Miami -- 3 4 9 19 87
Elton Brand, L.A. Clippers 1 1 2 3 14 50
Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- 2 -- 6 1 33
Tony Parker, San Antonio -- -- 1 -- 4 9

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Holy shit, Nash had more first place votes than the next 3 combined? What a fuggin joke...

East Coast Babe
05-08-2006, 03:41 AM
Nash won this by default didn't he? No one else better. I can't believe James came in second! Good Lord, the guy is not that good IMO. Dirk is doing better all the time, but they never really consider him. Not quite sure why. Kobe had an unbelievable scoring year, but I guess not an MVP year. He really wanted it. I wonder what their criteria for MVP is for sure? Chauncey played well and is a part of my favorite team, but personally I wouldn't vote for him because he is only one of five equally good players. He doesn't stand out as MVP. Dwayne Wade I like! I think he is more of an MVP than LeBron. My personal favorite (and he wasn't even on the list) is Chris Paul! But I suspect that since he is a rookie and won Rookie Of The Year, he can't be an MVP. But, I think he should be.

So much for my opinion.

johngateswhiteley
05-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Nash won this by default didn't he? No one else better. I can't believe James came in second! Good Lord, the guy is not that good IMO. Dirk is doing better all the time, but they never really consider him. Not quite sure why. Kobe had an unbelievable scoring year, but I guess not an MVP year. He really wanted it. I wonder what their criteria for MVP is for sure? Chauncey played well and is a part of my favorite team, but personally I wouldn't vote for him because he is only one of five equally good players. He doesn't stand out as MVP. Dwayne Wade I like! I think he is more of an MVP than LeBron. My personal favorite (and he wasn't even on the list) is Chris Paul! But I suspect that since he is a rookie and won Rookie Of The Year, he can't be an MVP. But, I think he should be.

So much for my opinion.

i would have given it to lebron or kobe. i think duncan could win it every year, but there just not going to give it to him each time (especially this year with his numbers down). an interesting thought is what, really, is the difference between nash and dirk other than position. i think they are both finesse players that make their teams better. when nash left dallas dirk did more to keep the mavs at the same level and we all know what nash has done in phoenix. if you are going to consider nash you have to consider dirk just as equally, imo. though i would not have given it to either of those two, the fact that nash is so highly rated (in the voting) above dirk is a joke.

Texas_Ranger
05-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Tony Parker > Kevin Garnett :lol :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2006, 06:17 AM
seriously duncan is goin to win it next year, this playoffs have shown his true form

spurster
05-08-2006, 08:06 AM
No votes for Shaq.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
No votes for Shaq.
You'd think he'd have gotten a couple of votes considering it was his award they gave to Nash last year.

SA210
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Healthy TD, MVP 2007 :tu

Congrats TP.