PDA

View Full Version : Two Killed In Wrong-Way Driving Collision

Old School Chic
05-08-2006, 06:41 AM
SAN ANTONIO -- Two people were killed early Sunday morning in a car crash that police say was caused by one driver heading the wrong way down a local road.

The accident happened just before 6 a.m. on 1604 and Bulverde Road.

Police are still investigating the case, but they believe the accident took place when 21-year-old Devin Vara allegedly drove his Jeep Cherokee eastbound on the westbound lanes of 1604. His vehicle struck one driven by Robert Joly, 29.

The resulting impact killed both drivers.

Devin Vara is the son of Domingo Vara, who owns the Vara Chevrolet dealership in San Antonio.
Sources close to the case tell KSAT that Vara has an outstanding DWI charge in Kendall County and that he was driving with a suspended license.

Police said they don’t know why Vara allegedly drove the wrong way on 1604. But they said they are waiting for the results of a toxicology report to see if alcohol was a factor in the accident.

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 07:31 AM
thye showed the video form that accident last night... I wanted to puke. :(

and ofcourse they kept doign the camera closeup on the Vara Chevy decal on the back of the vehichle.

Coincidence:The driver that got hit was driving a Tahoe from Vara Chevrolet. :depressed

Old School Chic
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
My sincere condolences go out to the Domingo Vara family

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 09:18 AM
And the Robert Joly family. :( Poor dude was just driving along minding his own buisness.

When they day he died on impact.. I hope it was right on impact and not say.... 5 or 10 min.s later.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
monay monay monay monay......monay!!!!!!

Old School Chic
05-08-2006, 11:12 AM

:wtf

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 11:45 AM
:wtf

lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit........lawsuit

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2006, 11:49 AM

He'll be able to buy anything he wants in heaven.

JoeChalupa
05-08-2006, 12:03 PM
So sad. You just never know.

2centsworth
05-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Though I didn't know him personally, Robert Joly was very well liked and will be missed by the flag football community.

God Bless both the Joly and Vara families.

RIP

expander
05-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Joly was a co-worker on a different shift. Very cool person, very funny. He will be missed.

RIP

expander :depressed

greyforest
05-09-2006, 12:49 AM
and ofcourse they kept doign the camera closeup on the Vara Chevy decal on the back of the vehichle.

Coincidence:The driver that got hit was driving a Tahoe from Vara Chevrolet. :depressed

looks like bad press for Vara Chevy..."buy my cars and get hit and killed by my drunk ass son"

Old School Chic
05-09-2006, 10:00 AM
:depressed

http://obits.mysanantonio.com/images/obituaries/a16955.jpg
Robert Anthony Joly, age 29, passed away unexpectedly May 7, 2006 in San Antonio, TX. He was born December 10, 1976. He is survived by his wife of 10 years, Kimberly Everett Joly; mother, Diane Hauke; brother, Gabriel Anthony Joly, his wife Angela; sister, Genieve DeBono, husband Dan; nephew Payton Joly and numerous friends. Robert was a dedicated husband, and employee of United Parcel Service. He enjoyed playing football, music and spending time with friends and family. His vibrant personality and joy for life will be missed by all who knew him. The family will receive friends on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 from 5:30-6:30 P.M. at Sunset Funeral Home. The Funeral Service will be held Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 12:00 PM at Sunset Funeral Home Chapel, with Sr. Pastor Vance Oliver officiating. Burial will follow at Sunset Memorial Park. Sunset Funeral Home.

http://obits.mysanantonio.com/images/obituaries/a16940.jpg
Devin Gregory Vara, age 21, went to be with our Lord on Sunday, May 7, 2006. As a former graduate of Central Catholic High School, Class of 2003, Devin was a student at UTSA where his Major was Business. He will be remembered as being quiet, loving, very friendly and had a passion for cooking. He had a vast knowledge of all sports and statistics. Devin is survived by his loving parents, Rose and Domingo Vara; brothers, Domingo Vara III and wife, Giovanna, and David Vara; sisters, Brenda Vara-Rodriguez and husband, John, and Gina Vara; grandmother, Bertha Vara; nephews, Vincenzo and Nicholas Vara; nieces, Tiffani and Vanessa Vara; his long time friend, Amanda Zapata; and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins. ROSARY WEDNESDAY MAY 10, 2006 7:30 P.M. ST. PAUL'S CATHOLIC CHURCH 350 SUTTON DRIVE MASS THURSDAY MAY 11, 2006 10:00 A.M. ST. PAUL'S CATHOLIC CHURCH Interment will be in San Fernando Cemetery No. 2. You are invited to sign the guestbook at www.porterloring.com Arrangements with Porter Loring Mortuary.

MissAllThat
05-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Is this like a normal thing in SA, for people to drive the wrong way down the road? When I was there this summer, I was driving down 1640, and someone was driving on the opposite side of the road going the wrong way. I'm glad they weren't doing that on my side of the highway.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, obviously it's not a "normal" thing.

One thing they do seem to do only in Texas is have two-way access roads alongside highways. I never quite understood why they have them, and every time I go back home I have to get used to those suckers.

thispego
05-09-2006, 08:49 PM
damn, that sucks, looks like little devin was a spoiled little asshole(my dad owns uh dealership doood) and went and got fucked up again AFTER A DWI and DROVE ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE

Daddy vara should have had that little bitch in check after the dwi and took away his car that im sure he got for free.

shit like this pisses me off because it is so avoidable