PDA

View Full Version : Opinions from foreign fans...

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 07:58 AM
A lot of basketballfans in Germany are jumping on the dirty Bowen bandwagon. I hate it. A lot of people are saying that he wants to injure players all the time and that he is plain unfair. I agree that he might have some mind games going on and that he plays really hard but that he tries to injure players all the time is just nonsense. But there are also others who really like him so not all of them are feeling that way, a lot of them are Magic and Pacers fans... :wtf

They are also saying that Manu and Tim are whiners. I agree to the point that I also think they are talking to the refs a little too much and that they should concentrate on playing instead of looking to the ref for a whistle. But nearly every player argues about calls. Rasheed, Nash, Allen,... are all complaining about fouls so its nothing unusual.

There was a wallpaper postet a few months ago where Bruce was on the right and on the left side was a list with Names of stars who Bowen shut down in the past. I am not sure if it also said sth. like "Bowend" or so, it would be great if somebody could help me out, I need it for a German board... :angel I also would love to have a Bowen jersey but unfortunately they don't sell them in Germany. :depressed

I am excited for game two...

GO SPURS GO :flag:

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Aww... poor little klugscheisse have their liederhosen in a bunch?

velik_m
05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
There is a German named Japan?

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Tell the Germans Bruce is just following orders.

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Hehe... I mean not everybody is saying so... but a lot. I think a lot of them don't see games very often an just take the opinions from the media and interviews.

Is somebody remembering the wallpaper?

Ginofan
05-08-2006, 08:14 AM
There was a wallpaper postet a few months ago where Bruce was on the right and on the left side was a list with Names of stars who Bowen shut down in the past. I am not sure if it also said sth. like "Bowend" or so, it would be great if somebody could help me out, I need it for a German board... :angel I also would love to have a Bowen jersey but unfortunately they don't sell them in Germany. :depressed

I am excited for game two...

GO SPURS GO :flag:

P.S. A note to T-Park: It was not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbour,it was Japan. I just wanted to let you know... :spin

I made that wall a while back, at least I think it's the one you're referring to.

Here you go.
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1923/ginofanbrucelist8007ma.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ginofanbrucelist8007ma.jpg) http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2453/ginofanbrucelist10242zn.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ginofanbrucelist10242zn.jpg)

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks a lot Ginofan!!! That was the one I was looking for...

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:17 AM
P.S. A note to T-Park: It was not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbour,it was Japan. I just wanted to let you know... :spin
Clicky (http://161.58.5.90/animal/germans.wav)

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Dude you seriously need to click this and listen to it (http://161.58.5.90/animal/germans.wav)

alamo50
05-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Damn Germans already upset about a bad upcoming World Cup turnout.

;)

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 08:28 AM
I listened to it and I understand what they say. But I still think it was Japan, at least all the historic books I have say so... Or is there something else I don't understand?

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Damn Germans already upset about a bad upcoming World Cup turnout.

;)

Hehe... probably... I am looking forward to that tournament. I will attend to a quarterfinals game in Gelsenkirchen. Hope it will be fun...

alamo50
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey, I was in the drawing for tickets for that match, but I got no luck.

:depressed

But back to the thread!

Dario
05-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Isn't kobe giving bowen props about his defense?

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I listened to it and I understand what they say. But I still think it was Japan, at least all the historic books I have say so... Or is there something else I don't understand?

OMG IT"S FROM A MOVIE!!!!!!!!

THATS A QUOTE FROM ANIMAL HOUSE STARRING JOHN BELUSHI RALLYING THE "TROOPS" TO FIGHT AGAINST THE SCHOOL SHUTTING DOWN THIER FRAT.

EVERYONE KNOWS IT WAS JAPAN THAT BOMBED PEARL HARBOR.

PERHAPS IT IS OBSTRUCTED"S FAULT FOR NOT JUST SPELLIGN IT OUT THE 1ST TIME.

BUT GEESH.

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS< I"M JUST FRUSTRATED. NOT YOUR FAULT.

Gottverdammt

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 08:57 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077975/

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Oh... I did not want to start any historical discussion. I just read that T-Park wrote that the Germans bombed PH. The note was ment to be funny but it seems like some of you took it serious... Sorry!

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 09:09 AM
P.S. A note to T-Park: It was not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbour,it was Japan. I just wanted to let you know...
P.S. A note to Streakyshooter: It was not David Hasselhof's evil twin who played Garthe Knight, it was David Hasselhof himself. He played both Michael and Garthe. I just wanted to let you know ...

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 09:11 AM
P.S. A note to Streakyshooter: It was not David Hasselhof's evil twin who played Garthe Knight, it was David Hasselhof himself. He played both Michael and Garthe. I just wanted to let you know ...

Good to know! :lol

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 09:26 AM
man I hate david hasselhoffs hairy chest.

side david hasselhoff note: he won spilt custody of his 12 yr old daughter. every other week. pretty cool for a celeb (or almost kinda celeb) dad.

ObiwanGinobili
05-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh... I did not want to start any historical discussion. I just read that T-Park wrote that the Germans bombed PH. The note was ment to be funny but it seems like some of you took it serious... Sorry!

ok. good. becasue yes you were coming off a bit obtuse. didn't realize it was on purpose.
yep, when tpark said the germans bombed pearl harbor it was a direct reference to animal house.

polandprzem
05-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Fricking Germans :flipoff

;)

hey in poland also they are some dipshits, may of them. Bowen dirty ,and they want somebody else to hit him and injure. Mofos. I do not even speeks to them cause they do not know shit even if they have got a knowlage about baketball

About the whinning?
Go do the flashback and how great Jordan was complaining, not talking bout Barkley.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
In my opinion, if you have to spoon feed humor to people, it's no longer funny. I suppose I shouldn't assume because someone has excellent spelling and grammar that English is their primary language.

Besides, if someone is going to use the Interweb and the Napster Machine, they need to be in on some of the jokes.

doldrums
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
You must understand that maybe only 10% of the population has seen Animal House, so don't be surprised if references to it result in confusion, although it was a great movie.

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2006, 10:36 AM
You must understand that maybe only 10% of the population has seen Animal House, so don't be surprised if references to it result in confusion, although it was a great movie.

Thanks, I haven't seen the movie an I don't know it at all. All I can do is to apologize to all who got it wrong. It was supposed to be a joke, nothing more an nothing less.

I'll change the post to end the discussion. Hope you can forgive me... :yield

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks, I haven't seen the movie an I don't know it at all. All I can do is to apologize to all who got it wrong. It was supposed to be a joke, nothing more an nothing less.

I'll change the post to end the discussion. Hope you can forgive me... :yield
Totally was a joke and a misunderstanding. Don't even worry about it.

WalterBenitez
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Germans talk about Bball bc they are worried about talking about futbol (soccer); BTW i don't care about german's opinions since we don't have any of them in Spurs jersey :D

LilMissSPURfect
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
OMG IT"S FROM A MOVIE!!!!!!!!

THATS A QUOTE FROM ANIMAL HOUSE STARRING JOHN BELUSHI RALLYING THE "TROOPS" TO FIGHT AGAINST THE SCHOOL SHUTTING DOWN THIER FRAT.

EVERYONE KNOWS IT WAS JAPAN THAT BOMBED PEARL HARBOR.

BUT GEESH.

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS< I"M JUST FRUSTRATED. NOT YOUR FAULT.

Gottverdammt
:lol :lol :lol :spin :spin :spin

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Who cares? It's only Germany. :lol

There's people who don't buy that "Bruce dirty", "Manu & Tim whiners", "Manu flopper" bullshit. They come from many different countries like:

Argentina, France, New Zealand, Slovenia, Virgin Islands and Alabama.

But seriously, I lurk in the Spanish League Forum, also in Real GM, where most of the non-Spurs fans complained about Bruce's defense. I'm getting really tired about this sissy take. Many people have complained about the league making it harder for permimeter defenders each time, but they complain when Bowen makes excellent, physical, but clean defense? Oh, the irony...

I'm really tired about this bullshit, just check the Mavs subforum in Real GM. When a thread was started with the subject "The Best way to attack the Spurs in Game 1?" (and other threads about game one), some of these were the posted replies:

- 7. Protest any unfavorable calls (like Lebron's walk) to the media.
1. Intentionally foul Bruce Bowen while he's shooting wide open 3s.

- think we need to run TD into the ground. You're not going to wear out Parker or Ginobli, but TD can be worn down in this series. Keep Diop and Damp banging on him down low and always be ready for the offensive rebound. As soon as we get it, the outlet needs to be flying up the court. Even if we are going to slow up and go half court at that point, at least you haven't let TD walk back.

- You know one thing that I always wondered about with Nellie... it was the only thing he lacked in my opinion. And it is soemthing that I see in the Pop Spurs, the Phil Lakers, and the Sloan Jazz... these coaches have teams that are dirty. It isn't physicality. Because Nellie had physcial players. But not dirty players. It honestly seems as if these coaches teach their players to be dirty. I haven't seen it from Avery either, yet.

This really gets to my biggest fear playing the SSpurs though.. it's almost a given in my mind that one of them will take Dirk out.. most likely Horry. Just don't be surprised if someone accidnetly happens to get under one of Dirk's ankles.. or crashes into his knee again like Manu in 2002-2003.

- i agree with you there, i think someone is likely to try and take dirk out of it, i'm hoping not, but i expect it from the spurs, but i prefer us not to fall into the dirty thing, its not how we are and we dont want to get a bad rep

- Im not posting this to dog the officiating in game 1 because I thought that it was rather fair. HOWEVER, I am posting this to tell everyone how sick and tired I am of seeing the Spurs Grype and Wine about everycall. It makes me want to throw up everytime. They show a lack of professionalism everytime they step on the court and Duncan and Pop "A" zit are the ones that are the worst. You dont see anyone on the mavs complaining(last year Finley was bad about it, but where is he now?) about the calls. Good God would the spurs shut up and play ball. You took game one I will give you that, but you still have to beat us 3 more times, shut up and play ball PUSSES!

- My EXACT feelings. I really got frustrated how much more respect Duncan got than Dirk. Either you let both teams play physical D or you don't. There should not be any double standard. With that being said, even if the Spurs are being physical with Dirk, he needs to take it to them, knock Bowen to the floor or do something.

I feel like... :pctoss

Oh, well:

- The Spurs are dirty? Tim Duncan is one of the best defenders in the league, he is amazing in the paint, he can even guard some players in the perimeter. I have yet to see anyone acussing Duncan of being too physical, a thug, or as someone who lands cheap shots on other players. He complains to the refs? Sometimes, guess why? He is the best player in the league and too many bigs try to get very physical on him, not the other wayt round. And even if you are so stupid to believe that refs call what Duncan ask, that's not a very big advantage, since his free throw shooting is awful. Does he get more respect than Dirk? Or does he take the ball into the post and play physical with players who are stronger than him? (Dirk doesn't even post players who are smaller) And I don't even want to hear anything about moving screens, specially coming from the Mavs.

Bruce Bowen is the best perimetral defender in the league, with Ron Artest being the only one who can dispute that title. He constantly moves his feet, his hands, always stays in front of his assigment, with a hand in his face to bother his shot. He can switch from defending Dwayne Wade, Chauncey Billups, going through Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Lebron James, and even players like Dirk Nowitzki or Shawn Marion. In this era where perimetral defense is such a hard job to do, Bowen excells at it, night in and night out. Who are the players calling Bowen dirty? Whiners like Ray Allen or Vince Carter. Kobe Bryant has repeated his statement many times about Bruce being a great, not dirty defender. Bonzi Wells himself said during the last series that Bruce was a "finesse" defender rather than "physical".

Manu is a flopper. He will try to make the refs notice contact when attacking the basket, guess why? Because scrubs and thugs try to injury him when he is driving to the rim, if he didn't do that, some dirty thug could hurt him really bad, like a career ending injury. The defensive flopping? If you are stupid enough to run into people when driving to the basket, whose fault is it? Yeah, right, this coming from the Mavs. Dirk cries everytime he's touched, he begs to the refs for a foul. The whole Mavs cry ten times the Spurs do in the court, and the cry outside the court, to the media, something that the Spurs don't. At least you could say that their organization follows the same path, from the owner, to the coach, the players, and the fans, they all like to cry to anyone willing to listen about how unfair the officiating is. Pop complains about something absolutely logical (no rest from Game 6 of the First Round), and suddenly the Spurs cry. I dare anyone to find a Spurs player or a coaching staff member to find quotes where they cried so openly to the media about officiating. And the Spurs had their chances to do that, Bavetta, Salvatore, Nies, 0.4, Shaq's offensive fouls, hack-a-Bruce, Seattle and Denver's thugs, and the list could go on and on. But no, the Spurs never complained (or they spoke very little about it), they moved on and played Championship basketball.

If anything, the Spurs are far away from being a physical team. There are no Ruben Pattersons or Danny Fortsons in their roster. They aren't a thug team at all (otherwise they would be shown on ESPN more often).

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
i think someone is likely to try and take dirk out of it

Yeah, his name is Bruce Bowen, and he did it without touching anyone.

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
What kind of self respecting Germans talk about basketball withthe World Cup so close????

velik_m
05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
1. Intentionally foul Bruce Bowen while he's shooting wide open 3s.

how do you foul a player, who is wide open? :rolleyes

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 03:06 PM

that was low. luckily it was also hilarious.

englishspursfan
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
thats rich coming from them ,the cheating ,diving , sausage eating krauts.just wait till summer , :blah dresden has seen nothing

cheguevara
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM

:lmao :lmao

ShoogarBear
05-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Damn, Germany vs. Holland vs. Poland smack.

polandprzem
05-08-2006, 03:37 PM

:lol

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
thats rich coming from them ,the cheating ,diving , sausage eating krauts.just wait till summer , :blah dresden has seen nothing

Cheating and diving is great, you sore loser! :lol
Are you ready for getting beaten again?

We can't be out of this, let's join! :madrun

We can have the World Cup smack talk here:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37694 :smokin

englishspursfan
05-08-2006, 07:01 PM
if roony is over his injury we should only fear brazil...hey whats all that about germany asking the english fans to chant an sing in german??? :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah i cant wait tho.

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Now you all know that they dont teach D
overseas! come on now! hehehehe!!!! SILLY!! :rolleyes