PDA

View Full Version : We are all witnesses...

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 08:24 AM
http://www.cavshistory.com/lbj/misc/witnesses_thumb.jpg
To a monumental, humiliating ASS KICKING...LOL

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, he's no longer awesome. He just scored two more points in the first half than Duncan did against a vastly superior defense.

Ginofan
05-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I think Lebron is super great and everything but damn they overhype him so much.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, he's no longer awesome. He just scored two more points in the first half than Duncan did against a vastly superior defense.

uhhh...It was supposed to be funny. I realize LeBron is somewhat a victim of the Nike/NBA overhype and the media/tv schedules just play along but I am ready for the Cleveland LeBrons to be eliminated...It was an absolute disgrace during the first round that the premier teams playing great basketball (Detroit, Dallas, Spurs) were pushed to NBATV so that the networks could "primetime" LeBron and his otherwise average Cavs team against the "powerhouse" Washington Wizards..

bdubya
05-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Now now, let's not hate. Think how many people are being exposed to great basketball, just because LeBron's in the game. And how many of them are saying "Jeez, what a massacre; maybe there's more to this game than Nike told me..."

alamo50
05-08-2006, 09:01 AM
There is no overhyping LeBron.
He is only overexceeding expectations again, and again and again and again.......
Looking forward very much how he will come out of this series vs. the best team in bball.

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 09:04 AM
There is no overhyping LeBron.
He is only overexceeding expectations again, and again and again and again.......
Looking forward very much how he will come out of this series vs. the best team in bball.
He'll come out of this series with broom straw all over his ass.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 09:07 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

nkdlunch
05-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the nba playoffs, now with a real playoff defense against you

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I hate that commercial.

Hook Dem
05-08-2006, 09:58 AM
You're the man Stout! :lol :lol

Mark in Austin
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I was particularly fascinated with the fine in-depth reporting of two ABC Sports stories for NBA Nation: Lebron Chews His Nails and The Cavaliers All Grow Beards.

Typical ABC horseshit... on a day when three 60 win teams are playing - including the teams that won the last three Championships - ABC uses the opportunity to run stories that might as well be titles of children's books.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 10:38 AM
uhhh...It was supposed to be funny. I realize LeBron is somewhat a victim of the Nike/NBA overhype and the media/tv schedules just play along but I am ready for the Cleveland LeBrons to be eliminated...It was an absolute disgrace during the first round that the premier teams playing great basketball (Detroit, Dallas, Spurs) were pushed to NBATV so that the networks could "primetime" LeBron and his otherwise average Cavs team against the "powerhouse" Washington Wizards..
So you readily accept that none of this is LBJ's fault yet you actively root against his team. Okay, I guess that part's funny. I don't recall anyone with any illusions that they could beat the Pistons, but Spurs fans should know by now that the margin of victory in game 1 has little bearing on the competetiveness of the series.

There always seems to be a vulture or two ready to bad mouth him the minute he does something, and it's now gotten so ridiculous that he gets ridiculed for scoring 22 points in the first half. I can't believe any moderately intelligent basketball fan wouldn't enjoy watching him play. The fucking dude is 21 years old. Wake me up when he doesn't live up to the hype, because he's answered virtually every question thrown at him.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
^ have to agree. The kid has met and exceeded every pressure put upon him. He is just walking the path MJ had to years ago...being owned by the Pistons, learning how to win in the Playoffs against them, then (probably) spear-heading a championship team.

Like OV said, the kid is 21 years old.

alamo50
05-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Ya think that him biting his nails 24/7 has something to do with all the steroïds his mother has been feeding him since birth?

SAGambler
05-08-2006, 11:10 AM
I love watching Lebron play...

And if this was a one on one... I could believe the hype.....

But this is the Cavs....They have one player....And that one player can't carry them over a team. Especially a team like the Pistons...

Like someone said...He'll come out of this with straw all over his ass...

If the Cavs can go out and get a couple of help guys....They could become monsters in the league...Until that happens....2nd round is as far as they go....

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I love watching Lebron play...

And if this was a one on one... I could believe the hype.....

But this is the Cavs....They have one player....And that one player can't carry them over a team. Especially a team like the Pistons...

Like someone said...He'll come out of this with straw all over his ass...

If the Cavs can go out and get a couple of help guys....They could become monsters in the league...Until that happens....2nd round is as far as they go....
Everybody goes through playoff disappointements. It's part of developing. I remember Kobe blowing two free throws against the Spurs that would have tied or won the game in a series they lost. If memory serves, he had some good games against the Spurs in later playoff years.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Everybody goes through playoff disappointements. It's part of developing. I remember Kobe blowing two free throws against the Spurs that would have tied or won the game in a series they lost. If memory serves, he had some good games against the Spurs in later playoff years.

...if memory serves...

LOL

SpursWoman
05-08-2006, 01:43 PM

I love LeBron ... but ... :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

RonMexico
05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
So you readily accept that none of this is LBJ's fault yet you actively root against his team. Okay, I guess that part's funny. I don't recall anyone with any illusions that they could beat the Pistons, but Spurs fans should know by now that the margin of victory in game 1 has little bearing on the competetiveness of the series.

There always seems to be a vulture or two ready to bad mouth him the minute he does something, and it's now gotten so ridiculous that he gets ridiculed for scoring 22 points in the first half. I can't believe any moderately intelligent basketball fan wouldn't enjoy watching him play. The fucking dude is 21 years old. Wake me up when he doesn't live up to the hype, because he's answered virtually every question thrown at him.

I guess the hype gives him the ability to get away with game-winning travels, the gall to trash talk Gilbert Arenas, the stature to cause the officials to convene and change a call that would have given him his 4th foul wth 12 seconds remaining in the first half, a deep, intense scowl after every shot/dunk he has in the playoffs, and the nerve to be so cocky in post-game interviews ("nah, man, it wasn't a travel... i don't know how to travel")... why doesn't he just come out and tell the truth, "please, you think they gonna call that on me? i'm king james, bitch - next question"

Doug Collins
05-08-2006, 03:07 PM
^
|
|
I'm a Witness.

T-Pain
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I think Lebron is super great and everything but damn they overhype him so much.
yeah I agree, but I think he's been meeting expectations.

DaSpurs#1
05-08-2006, 03:32 PM
i think its really retarted for them to be playing those "witness" commercials during other series games, like when im watching the Spurs play the Mavs i dont really give a care about LDJ and how he is their team and they made it to the playoffs, all i care about is the Spurs and i wouldnt even mind if they did a Mavs commercial (since it was a national station) but seriously Cavs werent even playing i dont really care that we're all witnesses to LBJ when they're going to loose, yeah yeah LBJ is great and such but except for him they dont got much going for them, it would make more since if they were Defending champs or something but just because they made it to the playoffs, SERIOUSLY! why dont they do that for every new team that makes it to the playoffs??? i hope the rest of the Pistons/Cavs series isnt a blowout like it was in game 1 it makes for a very boring series, although Spurs blewout Kings game 1 and we know how that turned out...

bdubya
05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Listen everybody, especially you refs
Is it right to be let alone
When your pivot foot don't stay at home?
I drive too hard, my friends sometimes say
But I believe, I believe
That the rock should be handled that way
But it hurts me so inside
To see the refs treat Bron so kind
Somebody, somewhere tell Stern it's unfair

Can I get a witness?
Can I get a witness?
Can I get a witness?

http://www.nndb.com/people/207/000022141/MARVIN_GAYE_SM.jpg

wildbill2u
05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.cavshistory.com/lbj/misc/witnesses_thumb.jpg
To a monumental, humiliating ASS KICKING...LOL

I must be dense or not on the same wavelength as the advertising genius that thought up this campaign--but what the hell does "I am a witness" mean?

RON ARTEST
05-08-2006, 03:47 PM
lebron is better then anyone on the spurs and pistons. its not his fault that the pistons are great and the team around lebron sucks. its one game calm down.

cheguevara
05-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I must be dense or not on the same wavelength as the advertising genius that thought up this campaign--but what the hell does "I am a witness" mean?

Maybe Nike wants to become a church with Lebron as it's Jehova

RON ARTEST
05-08-2006, 03:50 PM
i think its really retarted for them to be playing those "witness" commercials during other series games, like when im watching the Spurs play the Mavs i dont really give a care about LDJ and how he is their team and they made it to the playoffs, all i care about is the Spurs and i wouldnt even mind if they did a Mavs commercial (since it was a national station) but seriously Cavs werent even playing i dont really care that we're all witnesses to LBJ when they're going to loose, yeah yeah LBJ is great and such but except for him they dont got much going for them, it would make more since if they were Defending champs or something but just because they made it to the playoffs, SERIOUSLY! why dont they do that for every new team that makes it to the playoffs??? i hope the rest of the Pistons/Cavs series isnt a blowout like it was in game 1 it makes for a very boring series, although Spurs blewout Kings game 1 and we know how that turned out...
because lebron is more exciting then watching the spurs thats why. even a dumb commercial like that is more fun to watch then tim duncan and his boring ass hook shot. dont mind me im gonna go fishing now.

SpursWoman
05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
because lebron is more exciting then watching the spurs thats why. even a dumb commercial like that is more fun to watch then tim duncan and his boring ass hook shot. dont mind me im gonna go fishing now.

No, that's Rasho with the boring ass hook shot. Duncan has the boring ass bank shot. :lol

sa_butta
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Duncan has the boring ass bank shot. :lolwhich we have not seen too much of lately.

Duff McCartney
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again...Lebron could win 10 straight NBA titles and still not equal the hype he got before and now that he is in the league.

JamStone
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Winning 10 straight NBA titles would probably be living up to his hype.

SpursWoman
05-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Winning 10 straight NBA titles would probably be living up to his hype.

Yeah, I'm thinking it probably would too. :fro

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Waiting for a Ducks comment.... answer pending....

CavsSuperFan
05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Lebron gets prime time attention because people want to see him play...The real disgrace is the behavior of the Duh-Troit Pistons and their fans...Who thought that the Cav's would be a push over and then whined about the referees when they were pushed to a seven game series.... :smokin

nkdlunch
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/lebronze.jpg

Dunc
05-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Lebron gets prime time attention because people want to see him play...The real disgrace is the behavior of the Duh-Troit Pistons and their fans...Who thought that the Cav's would be a push over and then whined about the referees when they were pushed to a seven game series.... :smokin

Honestly, in the 4th Q of game 6, you didn't think there were some strange goings-on? Maybe it's just me, but I got the distinct impression that there was some attempt at help there. Aside from that, big props to the Cavs. They pushed the Pistons further than anybody expected. Glad we don't have to deal with you guys anymore :)

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 12:02 PM
The really ridiculous thing about that witness campaign is that Nike won't even slow down running them even though the Cavs have been eliminated...Get ready to keep watching them all the way through the finals...

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Honestly, in the 4th Q of game 6, you didn't think there were some strange goings-on? Maybe it's just me, but I got the distinct impression that there was some attempt at help there. Aside from that, big props to the Cavs. They pushed the Pistons further than anybody expected. Glad we don't have to deal with you guys anymore :)

That was one of our mascot Laker fans from LA trolling as a cavs fan...

He's actually a closet Spurs fan..:lol

flipcritic
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Jeez. So much anger. Why all the hate for a 21-year old kid who got his team to Game 7 against a championship-calibre squad? He has persevered through all the unreasonable hype and pressure put on him, and done it with class. Can't we give the young man a break?

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Jeez. So much anger. Why all the hate for a 21-year old kid who got his team to Game 7 against a championship-calibre squad? He has persevered through all the unreasonable hype and pressure put on him, and done it with class. Can't we give the young man a break?

It's not hate for Lebron...For me it's mostly just a reaction to Nike cramming him down our throats every other commercial in the playoffs even after the Cavs are eliminated...

But TLong (who has the inside scoop @ Nike) just e-mailed me to say they realized their mistake from last year and had a fallback position planned for this year...Here is a sneak preview of LeBrons new shoe line...

http://www.kingfisher.co.za/sundries/fishing_shoes.jpg

CavsSuperFan
05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I think when the underdogs get the more talented team down, people tend to complain about the refereeing, it is just a knee jerk response...I have seen people “who would appear to be knowledgeable posters ” do it every year... :smokin

I also think that it is sad that the East has to beat up on each other every year to get to the playoffs...Why can’t we play a soft team like Dallas? In the East players have names like Shaq, Whack, Flash & Zoe....Out West they are called Big Shot Bobby & Shasha and the best darn low post player is Lisa Leslie! Let’s face it; Pippy Long Stocking is giving the Spurs all they can handle!
http://espn.starwave.com/i/media/nba/2003/1010/photo/g_vanhorn_vt.jpg

LilMissSPURfect
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I think when the underdogs get the more talented team down, people tend to complain about the refereeing, it is just a knee jerk response...I have seen people “who would appear to be knowledgeable posters ” do it every year... :smokin

I also think that it is sad that the East has to beat up on each other every year to get to the playoffs...Why can’t we play a soft team like Dallas? In the East players have names like Shaq, Whack, Flash & Zoe....Out West they are called Big Shot Bobby & Shasha and the best darn low post player is Lisa Leslie! Let’s face it; Pippy Long Stocking is giving the Spurs all they can handle!
http://espn.starwave.com/i/media/nba/2003/1010/photo/g_vanhorn_vt.jpg

top 16 teams would prolly be all western conf teams dude!!!!

CavsSuperFan
05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Riiiiight.......The Clippers and the Lakers were hoping to get the Mavs in Round-1

DarkReign
05-22-2006, 01:43 PM
top 16 teams would prolly be all western conf teams dude!!!!

Thats a huge exaggeration.

West > East...absolutely.

Top 16 teams? Youre nuts.