PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Game 2

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-08-2006, 11:19 AM
(1) Don't let up, Mavs will come out with intensity. Prepare for a 48 minute battle.
(2) Don't worry about the officiating. Cuban and Avery have lobbied the officials, you can expect some early calls to go against the Spurs.
(3) Get Manu involved. Somebody tell him Artest isn't guarding him this round!

Go up 2-0, and the series, while not quite over, DEFINITELY swings in the Spurs favor.

CubanMustGo
05-08-2006, 11:26 AM
(4) take advantage of the double teams on TD and hit some wide open threes.

Jimcs50
05-08-2006, 11:26 AM
5. Score more points than Dallas.

zeleni
05-08-2006, 11:29 AM
1.Get Rasho involved
2.Charge the offense thru Manu
3.TP covers Terry like glue

ChaCho's Nacho's
05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Defense needs to be stellar again, and our other big 2 players need to most definetly step up offensively.......sure TP got rejected by Dampier doesnt mean he needs to let up on the offensive side...and manu needs to stop making simple mistakes like fumbling a fast break oppurtunity and missing what should have been an easy dunk

RobinsontoDuncan
05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
1.Get Rasho involved
2.Charge the offense thru Manu
3.TP covers Terry like glue

I am starting to think the ball should never touch manu's hands he has been playing like ass lately

ChaCho's Nacho's
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Rasho couldnt even keep his hands on simple ass rebounds Rasho is doing well on the bench, Horry on the other hand needs to find his stroke he was missing wide open 3's yesterday

CubanMustGo
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
I'd like to see us get something out of Nestohammed. Yesterday was sad.

austinfan
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't think Manu was suffering from an Artest hangover, it's just that he was tired from the short turnaround time. You could see that Tony was too. I expect both of them to be in much better form tomorrow night.

Need to keep working on the offensive rebounds.

I'm actually surprised we took Game 1. Our D was really good in those last 10 minutes. The thing that makes me happiest about the Kings series and the beginning of this one is, obviously, the presence of Timmy. I had resigned myself to getting to the Finals, but probably losing to the Pistons if Tim was only at 80% or whatever he was during the regular season, but now I'm beginning to believe that we could win the whole thing again.

Have to take care of business with Dallas first. It's going to be all about concentration, smart coaching and impeccable execution.

manubili
05-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Poison Novitzky strudel

Shank
05-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Poison Novitzky strudel

Wow, what an objective argument.

ducks
05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
tell spurs wendesday they will have off if they win tuesday

CubanMustGo
05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
tell spurs wendesday they will have off if they win tuesday

Yeah, that day off thing worked real well in the first round, didn't it? :depressed

Somehow I have a feeling there are no more days off in the Spurs immediate future.

ducks
05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
spurs do not play tell saturday
thursday practice
friday film day

Bloodline666
05-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Have Bowen guard Nowitzki at first, and if Dirk starts getting hot, have Bowen moved to Stackhouse, and Horry moved to Nowitzki.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 01:45 PM

do you need a history lesson?

Mavtek
05-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Do you have any evidence of Cuban and Avery Lobbying the officials?

Sorry, not buying that one, god there's a whole lot of stupid shit flying around this forum, will the officiating be different? Sure it most likely will, not because of Cuban and Avery but because they change the officiating crew for every game.

God the Spurs themselves flop and whine more than I can fucking stand, we don't need their fans doing the same.

pache100
05-08-2006, 01:56 PM

Get over yourself and get that chip off your shoulder. Newsflash! Sometimes people kid.

SAGambler
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Have Bowen guard Nowitzki at first, and if Dirk starts getting hot, have Bowen moved to Stackhouse, and Horry moved to Nowitzki.

Funny, I was thinking along those same lines this morning....But more to the point of having Bowen get in Dirks head, then switch off to Stack...Bowen should have him so pissed in about 10 minutes that he will go off and do something stupid and maybe get his ass canned...

I think Horry can take care of Dirk for those 10 minutes, and then with Stack on the bench, switch him back to Dirk....

easjer
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Need to hit the defensive boards with more intensity throughout the whole game. Too many second chance points and opportunities allowed by half-assed rebound attempts. No reason three Spurs under the basket against one Mav shouldn't come up with that damn rebound. Offensive rebounds would be nice too, but I understand from my husband that the Spurs are not huge fans, instead preferring to get back on D. Whatever.

Also need to find a way to deal with the shooters other than gaping at them. Don't assume it will be Stackhouse again, though it may, and leave someone else to go off in his stead.

FoxMulder
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
The Real Key is the interior game... Dallas has none... and Spurs has Tim, Horry and Nazr/Rasho (they must awake some day)...in the backcourt they are even... but the difference will be Tim...not Manu nor Parker (they must be balanced and regular, if they have a good game or series then is over) and Bowen defending Dirk (anhilating him in the final minutes) and nailing some three-points.

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Need to hit the defensive boards with more intensity throughout the whole game. Too many second chance points and opportunities allowed by half-assed rebound attempts. No reason three Spurs under the basket against one Mav shouldn't come up with that damn rebound. Offensive rebounds would be nice too, but I understand from my husband that the Spurs are not huge fans, instead preferring to get back on D. Whatever.

Also need to find a way to deal with the shooters other than gaping at them. Don't assume it will be Stackhouse again, though it may, and leave someone else to go off in his stead.
Very nice avatar! :fro

MrChug
05-08-2006, 02:35 PM
NO MORE BRENT GUARDING STACKHOUSE!! IT WAS A FUCKIN BROKEN RECORD-"Barry on Stackhouse...Stackhouse makes his move...Stackhouse scores" :madrun

picnroll
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Make their normal percentage of threes. They had a number of uncontested looks but were off Sunday. Hit those three and it's say good night Marky.

mabber
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
The Real Key is the interior game... Dallas has none... and Spurs has Tim, Horry and Nazr/Rasho (they must awake some day)...in the backcourt they are even... but the difference will be Tim...not Manu nor Parker (they must be balanced and regular, if they have a good game or series then is over) and Bowen defending Dirk (anhilating him in the final minutes) and nailing some three-points.

Duncan is the ONLY good interior-offensive player on either team. Horry is a damn good player but he's a 3 pt shooter on offense. Spurs are gonna win the interior game from an offensive standpoint every game.

On a side note: As a Mav fan I'm very happy that the Spurs are having to start Horry now. That makes your bench much less scary. Horry is a fantastic role player and a great clutch player and was the only bench player that I thought could make a big difference. Finley(it hurts to say as I love him) & Van Exel have pretty much had it. They aren't anywhere near what they used to be. Barry is a defensive liability and Rasho/Nazr don't have much impact at either end. Y'all might not need your bench to be that good if your starting lineup plays well enough though.

J.T.
05-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Duncan is the ONLY good interior-offensive player on either team. Horry is a damn good player but he's a 3 pt shooter on offense. Spurs are gonna win the interior game from an offensive standpoint every game.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sspursin06
05-08-2006, 04:58 PM
let finley shoot more, the boys hot

td4mvp21
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Do you have any evidence of Cuban and Avery Lobbying the officials?

Sorry, not buying that one, god there's a whole lot of stupid shit flying around this forum, will the officiating be different? Sure it most likely will, not because of Cuban and Avery but because they change the officiating crew for every game.

God the Spurs themselves flop and whine more than I can fucking stand, we don't need their fans doing the same.

HELLO, the point of PUBLICLY whining is too get the attention of the refs. And fortunately for the Mavericks, it has worked. They get their fair share of calls on the road, and more than their fair share on homecourt. Our whiner is Ginobili, so what, he's good. Duncan has to complain because HES THE ONE GETTING BEAR HUGGED IN THE PAINT. So how about you deal?

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
God the Spurs themselves flop and whine more than I can fucking stand

link to the newspaper article that shows the Spurs whining to the press?

Thanks in advance.

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:32 PM
and I guess Cuban's blog, is NOT, public?

Nor is Avery's Bearhug bs??

:lol

I see alot of Mavs fans spinning.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
If the shoe were on the other foot, and the Mavs had an extended first round, and had to play roughly 36 hours after wrapping up that series, and wound up losing the first game of the next round, would they chalk it up to exhaustion and fatigue and all that?

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
link to the newspaper article that shows the Spurs whining to the press?

Thanks in advance.
T Park, preach bro, preach! :fro

SANANTOJAMES
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Manu Can Blow Up This Game, Ron Is Not Guarding The Anymore (said Already By Someone Else) Manu Needs A Big Night Ans Well As Tim, And Tony Needs To Keep Hitting Those Jumpers. No Sweep This Round, Spurs In 6

weebo
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Keep Rasho and Nazr on the bench as much as possible.

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Id give Nazr a tad more run...

G-Nob
05-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Dallas radio guys saying the mavs may run more in game two. They regret calling the timeout to set the last play. They feel like they can create enough stops and get down the floor before the defense sets up. I hope our transition d is crisp.

spurschamp2005
05-09-2006, 07:05 AM
i think the most important thing is focus on their rebound and play hard defense on court........another thing is that duncan have to find back his mvp form to cover TP injury

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2006, 08:20 AM
1.Duncan needs to play like in the firs game
2.Defense
3.Manu & Tony
4.Homecourt advantage
5.Bench