PDA

View Full Version : RNC Chairman raises white flag

Ocotillo
05-08-2006, 02:16 PM
GOP woes (http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/05/the_broadmoor_a.html)

The Broadmoor resort spans 3,300 lush acres at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.

It was a beautiful setting for a mood-dampening dollop of pessimism.

RNC chairman Ken Mehlman, generally one of the party's premiere strategic optimists, warned GOP state chairs that the party would lose seats at every level of government.

Not "if" they didn't do X,Y, or GOTV. But "would lose," period. The task for state chairs: use lessons learned from '04 to flush out the Republican base as much as possible.
The corollary: the more Republicans confront Pres. Bush, the more they localize national sentiment, which in turn could provoke a higher turnout among independents, which in turn could cost the party even more House, Senate and GOV seats.

What Mehlman and WH pol dir Sara Taylor didn't say -- but what all state chairs know -- is that the politics of nastiness generally turns off persuadable voters. So expect the marginal races this year to be quite nasty.

The upshot: the more the national landscape is framed as 435 local elections, the better it looks for Republicans. The GOP will stay on track by focusing on good defense by leveraging their state-by-state fundamentals, which Mehlman, Taylor and many state chairs asserted were strong.

On Saturday morning, ex-WH CoS Andrew Card urged the chairs to support Bush. He told them he decided to leave the WH because the president "needed fundamental change;" you don't get much more fundamental than the CoS. To validate that change, the GOP must maintain their majorities at a national level, he said.

Ocotillo
05-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Actually, the House will still be hard to take because of the gerrymandering that has taken place recently. If this ends up being the case, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

Vashner
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Yea I too agree it will be hard for Al Queda to take the house. But Kerry and Pelosi are working hard to take over.

White Flag? That's bullshit and you know it...

DEMOCRATS are the fucking pussies with a white flag to the enemy.. can't even tap there phone..

Tell you what sit back and watch the show because there anti US crap is about to blow up in there faces again..

This what flag nonsense... pick the party that lacks the GUTS to fight Radical Islam.. The Democrats.. THERE is the white flag your looking for..

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Yea I too agree it will be hard for Al Queda to take the house. But Kerry and Pelosi are working hard to take over.

White Flag? That's bullshit and you know it...

DEMOCRATS are the fucking pussies with a white flag to the enemy.. can't even tap there phone..

Tell you what sit back and watch the show because there anti US crap is about to blow up in there faces again..

This what flag nonsense... pick the party that lacks the GUTS to fight Radical Islam.. The Democrats.. THERE is the white flag your looking for..

So, if the Dems take a majority in either or both houses, what does that do for America in your eyes?

Whatever will you do when the people that actually run the country no longer think anything like you?

Im asking only because its plausible.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
So, if the Dems take a majority in either or both houses, what does that do for America in your eyes?

Whatever will you do when the people that actually run the country no longer think anything like you?

That's pussy talk. Go play with your dolls.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Looser

xrayzebra
05-08-2006, 02:58 PM

God help us if the dimms do take over the house. Be prepared to have
every facet of Bush's administration to be investigated, taxes raised and
spending like you have never seen. The only real hope is that the
Republicans will still have the Senate and Bush can veto their BS.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Looser

:madrun Im a virgin, thank you very much.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 02:59 PM
:madrun Im a virgin, thank you very much.

why am I not surprised?

xrayzebra
05-08-2006, 03:01 PM
^^More pillow talk? :lol

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
God help us if the dimms do take over the house. Be prepared to have
every facet of Bush's administration to be investigated, taxes raised and
spending like you have never seen. The only real hope is that the
Republicans will still have the Senate and Bush can veto their BS.

Again, I agree with everything in bold. The underline represent your opinion, one which you are certainly entitled to.

'...and spending like you have never seen."

One could say the same about this current iteration. Supported by record setting spending, record setting borrowing, with a record setting deficit, coming off the shoulders of this country's greatest surplus.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
why am I not surprised?

Mom?

xrayzebra
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Again, I agree with everything in bold. The underline represent your opinion, one which you are certainly entitled to.

'...and spending like you have never seen."

One could say the same about this current iteration. Supported by record setting spending, record setting borrowing, with a record setting deficit, coming off the shoulders of this country's greatest surplus.

Yes you are right about the current crop, but believe me it can and will
be worse.

DarkReign
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe. Time will tell...once again.

I hate waiting to be honest.

xrayzebra
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm, waiting is not bad sometime....LOL. The alternative is not that good.
You know like grey hair and wrinkles, the alternative is definitely not that good.

I think the republicans are screwing up big time, but the dimm-o-craps are
screwing up even worser (yeah I know, not a word) just a little humor. Congress
now days kinda reminds me of a red ant bed when you used stir them with a stick
and watch them run in all directions. Except you cant hardly find a red ant bed
anymore, some other illegals took them over too. Cant even find a horned toad
to play with. They were kinda like the liberals, rub them on the belly and watch
them go into a trance.

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Hxcept you cant hardly find a red ant bed
anymore, some other illegals took them over too.
Logistically, it's not feasible to deport all the fire ants. Killer bees, neither.

xrayzebra
05-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Logistically, it's not feasible to deport all the fire ants. Killer bees, neither.

Yeah, I know, but......oh never mind...... It just that they the fire ants did
screw up some good times for the younger folks. Well unless they sat down
in one, like I have a time or two. But bull nettles weren't any fun either. :lol

scott
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
The best situation would be for the Republicans to take 1 and only 1 of the houses of Congress. We've seen repeatedly throughout history that single party control is destructive whether Republican or Democrat, and this time around is certainly no exception.