PDA

View Full Version : Today's doghouse picture brought to you by...

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/263/nazrdoghouse9zg.png

NAZR MOHAMMED

I still don't know why he isn't getting that much playing time. Rasho has been playing well and deserves the playing time, but what about Nazr. He was a big part of last year's run. How can he all of a sudden come from a starter on a championship roster to barely getting any playing on the last line of the bench. 13 mins a game compared to 23 last year. :nope

I thought pop might have been playing CIA in the first round to get Nazr angry and play him in the Dallas series but no. That hasn't happened. Nazr isn't hurt and hasn't had a good run in a game in the playoffs.

I think people on this board miss bitching about Nazr's play. You know who you are.

Nazr is going to have to be ready and playing come finals time against those "wallace boys" (Sir Charles). Or maybe pop thinks otherwise. If it's about the 3 pt shot, pop please get over it. That would be wrong. All I am saying is he is going to have to get some consistent playing time. He's not exactly a great defender, but I think we could use his energy and rebouding.

Is there something going on between pop and Nazr that I don't know?

pache100
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
what about Nazr. He was a big part of last year's run.

Yes. And we've seen only brief flashes of that particular Nazr since. Where the hell did he go? If you see him, please tell him to report to the AT&T Center tomorrow night.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
You're right, the Spurs could use Nazr energy and rebounding-they are just waiting on him to show some signs that he could provide it.

fraga
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Because he get's his weak ass sh!t blocked by everyone and their mother...and he can't play good straight up defense against another big guy...that's my guess...

Spurminator
05-08-2006, 03:23 PM
A caged dog builds up his anger and, once set free, releases that anger with a vengeance on unsuspecting victims.

Nazr plays his best when he's trying to earn minutes and respect.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
A caged dog builds up his anger and, once set free, releases that anger with a vengeance on unsuspecting victims.

Nazr plays his best when he's trying to earn minutes and respect.

we haven't seen any of that in a long time. can't wait till his pump faking ass is off the books. the kings series turned around with his benching.

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
we haven't seen any of that in a long time. can't wait till his pump faking ass is off the books. the kings series turned around with his benching.

If we want him gone, he has to play well to get this trade value up. Dude has to at least play some this series. Come on.

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
If we want him gone, he has to play well to get this trade value up. Dude has to at least play some this series. Come on.
Nazr's a free agent this summer. The last game the Spurs play these playoffs will be his last in a Spurs uniform, for I haven't seen much from him this season that would entice the powers that be to bring him back.

Melmart1
05-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought this was gonna be about Stackhouse.

TwoHandJam
05-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't care if Nazr doesn't come back after this year but we are going to need his physicality against Detroit. Period.

Rasho's wilting ass is a prescription for certain failure against that team.

Clutch20
05-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Just a thought, could it be that Pop is trying to decrease his playing time and contributions so as to reduce the amount of money his agent will ask for?

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Just a thought, could it be that Pop is trying to decrease his playing time and contributions so as to reduce the amount of money his agent will ask for?

there is no way nazr is coming back. pop would give him pt if he was producing at all, the goal is a ring here.

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
there is no way nazr is coming back. pop would give him pt if he was producing at all, the goal is a ring here.

ughgg how about feeding the dog a bone so he is willing to do tricks

T Park
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
how about feeding the dog a bone so he is willing to do tricks

how about the dog, when in the game, giving a shit, and doing what hes been taught about 50 billion times.

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
how about the dog, when in the game, giving a shit, and doing what hes been taught about 50 billion times.

Come on now. Nazr's your boy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Horry played pretty darn well as the starter in game 1. He can stretch the opposing defenses better and open things up for Duncan.

When Rasho is coming off the bench the goal is for someone to play good position defense and not screw up. Rasho has filled that need.

We'll need Nazr if we make it to the Finals. . .his chance is coming.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
ughgg how about feeding the dog a bone so he is willing to do tricks

What would you do if you kept giving the dog treats and he just kept biting your leg?

Is that metaphor mixed up enough?

Spurologist
05-08-2006, 04:56 PM
What would you do if you kept giving the dog treats and he just kept biting your leg?

Is that metaphor mixed up enough?

I have never met such a dog.

BigVee
05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
He'll get his chance if the Spurs get past Dallas. He lit up Pho and he will be needed if it is v. Brand and Kaman...then perhaps the Pistons.

zeleni
05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I think people on this board miss bitching about Nazr's play. You know who you are.

I really miss Beno. Nazr is like Rasho to me: Good only if there is no better.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I've never seen a guy get dumped to the end of the bench for making a three pointer before.

missmyzte
05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
^^^ lol

Nazr needs to realize that all those minutes he got during the regular season were just filler minutes. Come post-season, those minutes belong to Horry.

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
^^^ lol

Nazr needs to realize that all those minutes he got during the regular season were just filler minutes. Come post-season, those minutes belong to Horry.
Tell the truth girl!! They don't hear ya like I do!!
:fro

aaronstampler
05-08-2006, 09:14 PM
the only Western teams we need a C in the starting lineup against are Houston, and maybe Denver if Camby is playing well. The small lineup works better against Dallas. Nazr isn't around for us to fuckup pick & roll defense, and having four shooters on the floor spaces out their D and makes Diop and Dampier less of a factor on Manu and Tony's drives. Also, it's harder to double team Tim with 4 small guys out there, and if they do double him, it's harder to cover the 3 when he kicks it out.

aaronstampler
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
We don't really need a C on defense either, since you don't have to really guard the Mavs Cs. They don't touch the ball much at all. Tim is free to help out on any drivers in the lane.

Slinkyman
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
honestly Tim is our best Center with Horry at the 4, in the off season we need to bring in some PFs to play along side Tim with Rasho on the bench in a glass case that reads, "break in case of emergency".

ploto
05-08-2006, 10:24 PM
It really is a simple matter of minutes and roles.

First, with the small ball line-ups and the minutes played by Duncan and Horry, there has been only 10 to 12 minutes of time for a third big man. Pop even said last week that there were only minutes for 3 bigs and Nazr is the odd man out. In order to play Nazr, from whom do you want to take minutes? Surely, not TD and Rob. Is it simply a matter of wanting to give Rasho's minutes to Nazr? This is the main reason why that is not happening. The minutes Rasho is playing are primarily to give Tim a rest. If you look at the minutes played together recently- in the last 3 games- Rasho and Tm have been on the court together all of about 4 minutes grand total. Primarily, Rasho has played with Horry or as the lone big with 4 perimeter guys. You can't go small ball with Nazr as the lone big. Pop tried several times this year and it just does not work. The problem for Nazr is that he NEEDS to play alongside Tim and those minutes simply do not exist for the third big man- they are going to Horry (as the starter) or a guard, like Brent or Michael (in small line-ups). If you look at the last game, Pop tried to sub Nazr in for Tim in the second quarter, but after a minute and half, Tim was back in. The Spurs have seen that defensively their best option is to have either Tim or Rasho on the court at all times. And that is what they have been doing. Haven't you noticed that it is almost always Tim and Rasho subbing for each other? Nazr just does not fit into the roles they need right now. As long as the Spurs keep winning with Horry starting, and the Spurs choose to run some time with the small line-up, I don't really see things changing much for Nazr, especially when he hasn't seemed to adjust too well to his reduced role off the bench- which I must say Rasho did a pretty good job of this year.

Despot
05-08-2006, 10:32 PM
But don't you all believe Nazr will be the first option against the Pistons? Rebounding should be at a premium. Of course Pop may just be trying to drive down his value.

timvp
05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
It really is a simple matter of minutes and roles.

First, with the small ball line-ups and the minutes played by Duncan and Horry, there has been only 10 to 12 minutes of time for a third big man. Pop even said last week that there were only minutes for 3 bigs and Nazr is the odd man out. In order to play Nazr, from whom do you want to take minutes? Surely, not TD and Rob. Is it simply a matter of wanting to give Rasho's minutes to Nazr? This is the main reason why that is not happening. The minutes Rasho is playing are primarily to give Tim a rest. If you look at the minutes played together recently- in the last 3 games- Rasho and Tm have been on the court together all of about 4 minutes grand total. Primarily, Rasho has played with Horry or as the lone big with 4 perimeter guys. You can't go small ball with Nazr as the lone big. Pop tried several times this year and it just does not work. The problem for Nazr is that he NEEDS to play alongside Tim and those minutes simply do not exist for the third big man- they are going to Horry or a guard, like Brent or Michael. The Spurs have seen that defensively their best option is to have either Tim or Rasho on the court at all times. And that is what they have been doing. Haven't you noticed that it is almost always Tim and Rasho subbing for each other? Nazr just does not fit into the roles they need right now. As long as the Spurs keep winning with Horry starting, and the Spurs choose to run some time with the small line-up, I don't really see things changing much for Nazr

Good points. That was the best pro-Rasho post I've seen. It explains well why with Horry starting, Rasho will be the big off the bench.

Up until:

especially when he hasn't seemed to adjust too well to his reduced role off the bench- which I must say Rasho did a pretty good job of this year.

Rasho's stats plummeted in the regular season coming off the bench. His per minute production went down across the board in everything except rebounding, which stayed about the same. However, against the Kings, Rasho was very good in the first two games. But that's not enough of a sample size to say that Rasho did a good job of adjusting to coming off the bench.

Nazr, on the other hand, produced better off the bench. His rebounding and blocked shot numbers were way up, as was his field goal percentage.

As of right now, I think it's fair to say which ever plays less bad will win the job here in the next couple games. :lol

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Nazr Mohammed did a great job of losing the job in games 2 and 3.

ploto
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Rasho's stats plummeted in the regular season coming off the bench. His per minute production went down across the board in everything except rebounding, which stayed about the same. However, against the Kings, Rasho was very good in the first two games. But that's not enough of a sample size to say that Rasho did a good job of adjusting to coming off the bench.

Nazr, on the other hand, produced better off the bench. His rebounding and blocked shot numbers were way up, as was his field goal percentage.

I meant lately- not for the whole season. Rasho played very well off the bench the last couple of weeks of the regular season. It obviously took him a little time to adjust, but once he got used to it and played some time with guys like Brent and Michael, it seemed to become comfortable.

I am referring to Nazr's going to the bench now- not at the beginning of the season. It took him until February to get that role down before. I know it has only been 3 games, but that is the only sample I have to go on.

Spurologist
05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
More minutes for Nazr early and often. That is all. MORE MINUTES.

Vashner
05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
LOL never seen Anyone end a career over a 3 pointer...

Get over it pop...

bigzak25
05-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Help Us Nazi One Kenobi, your our only hope...

cbinge
05-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't care if Nazr doesn't come back after this year but we are going to need his physicality against Detroit. Period.

Rasho's wilting ass is a prescription for certain failure against that team.

My wife says the same thing about my ass. Ladies, is this true about rasho?