PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 2006 NBA game

RobinsontoDuncan
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I just bought this basketball game for xbox, it's the new one, and i have to say...you kids have to be blessed with high IQs to play this stuff.

But on to more pressing matters...the game has the spurs offense rated at 72.... now that befuddles me. I think the spurs of old may have given these new spurs a bad rap, they were defensive minded with little offensive talent...where as today there is far less defensive efficency (in my mind) and quite a bit more offensive talent. Interesting dichotomy, it explains to me why all the anouncers still call the spurs boring, they just have the old teams in their mind.

Now the Pistons on the other hand...they seem to have gained offensive touch...yeah alot of their guys can hit jump shots...but have very much trailed off in defense. I wonder if this is just from lack of effort or an inability to clamp down.

One other thing... did anyone else notice how badly the Spurs were outrebounded against the mavericks? that wont get it done agaisnt the Pistons.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 03:23 PM
video game basketball was perfected in NBA Jam. i don't get why people want to play realistic basketball sims.

NASpurs
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
video game basketball was perfected in NBA Jam. i don't get why people want to play realistic basketball sims.Because jamming up and down the court while having players unrealisticly shoot threes like David Robinson and Dennis Rodman adds little replay value to the games.

Plus going online and using your skills to murder someone is awesome.

Mr. Body
05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
video game basketball was perfected in NBA Jam. i don't get why people want to play realistic basketball sims.

I don't get why people want to play unrealistic basketball sims that look nothing like the game I regularly watch.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Because jamming up and down the court while having players unrealisticly shoot threes like David Robinson and Dennis Rodman adds little replay value to the games.

Plus going online and using your skills to murder someone is awesome.

going outside and playing basketball is a lot more fun. since i can't dunk i like to dunk from halfcourt in NBA Jam.

NASpurs
05-08-2006, 04:16 PM
going outside and playing basketball is a lot more fun. since i can't dunk i like to dunk from halfcourt in NBA Jam.If you're looking for games like that then try the NBA Street series. It's just your personal preference cuz there's some of us who rather actually use some skill to try and beat our oppenents.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't get why people want to play unrealistic basketball sims that look nothing like the game I regularly watch.

i'm sorry, but none of those games look that realistic. some fps games look really good, but the technology and engines don't cross over very well into sports games. super realistic games get boring, at least for me. i loved quake, but can't stand counter-strike.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:22 PM
If you're looking for games like that then try the NBA Street series. It's just your personal preference cuz there's some of us who rather actually use some skill to try and beat our oppenents.

you and i both know nba street sucks. and btw, just because you prefer a realistic game doesn't mean someone who likes nba street or nba jam coulnd't wax your ass at a more realistic game. if you are good at video games you are good at video games.

NASpurs
05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
you and i both know nba street sucks. and btw, just because you prefer a realistic game doesn't mean someone who likes nba street or nba jam coulnd't wax your ass at a more realistic game. if you are good at video games you are good at video games.Yeah it sucks because they're unrealistic just like NBA Jam.

And you must be kidding me with that little comment you made. I could wipe the floor off anyone with NBA Jam but you at least need a little more skill with NBA Street.

If you don't practice with those sim games, you'll get your ass burn 99 times out of 100.

And no if you're not good at video games, you're not good at all video games. Only an ignorant person would make that comment. Go play Unreal 2004 and see if you don't get your ass frag all over the place if you're really good at video games.

T-Pain
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
i like the NBA Live series. Played it since 1995

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:35 PM
uhh i have played every quake game since quake 1. people who play unreal get fragged all over by anyone with any measure of skill at quake. let me be more specific then: people who are good at online competition in video games can move from game to game and easily become proficient at almost any of them. there is one exception - console gamers get worked by someone with a mouse and keyboard in an fps.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
i like the NBA Live series. Played it since 1995

i played madden for 10 years but just got tired of paying so much money for console games every year. i always thought football games had a leg up on basketball games, the camera perspective was always a little better for me. it probably also has a lot to do with how much more movement is involved with a basketball game - football has a lot of set plays and the npc's can be made to run a little more smoothly, it works a little different in basketball.

Sec24Row7
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Lee... Thresh was a bitch, of course when he was an HPB with B2 they were using pingbots and cheating... but he was really good reguardless.

I spent wayy too much time playing Quake competitavely heh.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Lee... Thresh was a bitch, of course when he was an HPB with B2 they were using pingbots and cheating... but he was really good reguardless.

I spent wayy too much time playing Quake competitavely heh.

i am pretty sure Thresh never cheated, they watchd him pretty close at LANs. didn't he get 2 ferraris from John Carmack? ok yeah i spent way too much time doing that too, ugh.

DannyT
05-08-2006, 06:40 PM
going outside and playing basketball is a lot more fun. since i can't dunk i like to dunk from halfcourt in NBA Jam.

ok
can we set up a re servation for when i get home in two weeks to go play some ball at one of the gyms like i have heard you all doin before
let me know if anyone is down ......
im still deployed but will be home in june for a couple weeks and wouldnt mind playin some rock