PDA

View Full Version : Stackhouse makes that basket? and it's body bags all around!

Big Worm
05-08-2006, 04:42 PM
You myopic fair weather spur fans dodged a bullet plain and simple. you have some guy named Jeff Vexler on the radio talking about how the Mavs where never in the game and how it's going to be a sweep? Please tell me he does not get paid real money.

What are the requirements to be on your local sports radio ? Does anyone in San Antonio have at least 25% sports knowledge? If so, then you know that game could have went either way.

Come Tuesday this place will be running short on body bags . be ready for a wake up call, I hope you called FEMA already.

ducks
05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
mouse?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-08-2006, 04:45 PM
mouse?
no doubt

Sspursin06
05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
vex always gets over excited, but he did have some reasons to be. the spurs beat a team on basically a back to back which the spurs are horrible in against a team with fresh legs and alot of confidence. the spurs just dominated them on defense. i guess you can say the mavs played us good, but manu gets tired easily and tony was banged up and still played good.

tim said in post game they would do even better tomorrow, and when timmy says it timmy mean it

Party Girl
05-08-2006, 04:48 PM
who cares who made the topic, I heard the show also and that Jeff Vexler is an idiot he makes this city look bad. GOD I wish we had another sports station to choose from. :cuss

Brianna
05-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope no one gets upset with me but I agree with this bigworm person. That game could have went either way, we got lucky. As for the sports radio in this city? I rather not say anything, :)

J.T.
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Why don't you turn off the radio and let the Spurs do the talking. Because clearly the Mavs have nothing to say.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Jeff Vexler is a moron.

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
You myopic fair weather spur fans dodged a bullet plain and simple. you have some guy named Jeff Vexler on the radio talking about how the Mavs where never in the game and how it's going to be a sweep? Please tell me he does not get paid real money.

What are the requirements to be on your local sports radio ? Does anyone in San Antonio have at least 25% sports knowledge? If so, then you know that game could have went either way.

Come Tuesday this place will be running short on body bags . be ready for a wake up call, I hope you called FEMA already.
Wow... that's pretty stupid. Calling sweep? Based upon Game 1?

Smackie Chan
05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Jeff Vexler may have jinxed the Spurs :smokin

If the mavs would have won that game? I would have said it could have went either way also, and I don't even have a radio show, as much as Tpark is an asshole on the www? I rather listen to him do sports.

timvp
05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
It is true that if Stackhouse hits that shot, Spurs fans would be crying in the street right now.

There's a thin line between love and losing.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually, I don't know if I'd feel any less confident about the series if the Spurs had lost. It's not like they haven't lost on a lucky shot before. You play like crap, and you come back the next game. You play like crap and win, you count yourself lucky and come back the next game.

ShoogarBear
05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
There's one problem with this whole premise . . . it's JERRY STACKHOUSE.

But then again, Mav fans are still waiting for that big clutch play from Keith Van Horn.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
There's one problem with this whole premise . . . it's JERRY STACKHOUSE.

But then again, Mav fans are still waiting for that big clutch play from Keith Van Horn.

isn't he rumored to return within the week? can fans share shower rods? or is it one per person...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2006, 05:53 PM

You got mah chili fritos?

J.T.
05-08-2006, 05:54 PM
To steal from another crybaby Mavs fan, "quit living in the past"

DarrinS
05-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey, Mavs fan.

You're not playing the weak ass Grizzlies anymore. Wake up and pull your head out.

Quite honestly, most Spurs fans were more worried about the Kings. The Mavs have always been the Spurs's little beeotches.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Actually, I don't know if I'd feel any less confident about the series if the Spurs had lost. It's not like they haven't lost on a lucky shot before. You play like crap, and you come back the next game. You play like crap and win, you count yourself lucky and come back the next game.
I agree,

actually as a confident fan I wouldn't have cared if they lost that one because of the "36 Hour" excuse. Luckily the players didn't have that same attitude, even while tired they grinded out a win and didn't fall too far behind, came back and had one or two lucky breaks.

Mavs were favored to have the upperhand in that game. They were the one's who blew it. Despite our homecourt advantage, with their well-earned rest, they were expected to come out on top, not us. :lol

Mr. Body
05-08-2006, 06:16 PM
What if Ray Allen hit that three in Game Six last year?

ducks
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
what if a spur fan blows up the motel cuban and the mavs are staying at?

J.T.
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM
What if Robert Horry didn't save us in Game 5?

callo1
05-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Hey Big Worm. One inch more and you would be a king...one inch less and you'd be a queen. Your point?

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Scoreboard says Spurs 1 and Dallas 0. WGAF/.

Reggie Miller
05-08-2006, 07:08 PM
To me the real point is that no one should have been making a jump shot. The smart play was to drive the lane and draw a foul. Since Nowitzki isn't known for an inside game, that would have been risky for him (may not get a bucket or a foul call). Stack had a clear lane along the baseline. It was a mental mistake. Granted, it isn't a surefire play with Ginobili living in your shorts for the last six seconds, but it was much higher % than a jump shot.

Realistically, the Spurs were damn lucky that Dallas had some jitters. Many of Terry's 12 missed shots should have been made (i.e. at least two blown layups that I recall). The Mavs usually do better at the stripe. Yadda, yadda, yadda...

This may be a long series. I tend to think so, if only because the Spurs often give away a game in the middle of a series.

I also hope that the Clippers win their series. I'm not sure if playing Phooenix is good preparation for the Pistons, regardless of who wins this Texas Shootout. I respect Detroit, but I have to root for whoever comes out of the West. Detroit has been the raspberry seed in the Pacers' wisdom tooth for several years now. (Sadly, they didn't even get the opportunity to be whipped by Detroit this season.)

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
And if your mom had a pair she'd be your dad.
You'll never be half the man your mother is.
What you REALLY need to be dwelling on is this: if Der Kraut was a TRUE MVP candidate, he would've found a way to bury that shot over Bowen, but since "The Rash" was all over him like white on rice, ol' Dirka Dirka Dirka had to pass out to the right corner.
What was TRULY unfortunate is that Ginobili didn't complete the interception of the pass over to Sh*thouse and throw it down to add the exclaimation point at the end of the game.
It's one game Suck it up and quit your bitching.

Smackie Chan
05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
The point of the topic is Jeff Vexler is ready with two shows. he knows before the game starts what he is going to say on the radio. Who wants a Spurs Homer when spurs win, and an Excuse maker when they lose? Why should one basket change your mind on how you feel about any player or game? This vexler guy went on and on about how the Mavs never realy took the basket to the rim. And how he knew after 5 minutes they are no match for the Spurs, And how the Spurs look sharp and had the game in the bag. It makes you wonder what his show would have been like if Stack's shot goes in.

And if he is ready to do the show no matter who wins? Then the ticket should just tape each show ahead of time, save some money on having to have a real person in the studio, just pop in what ever tape is needed. here is how easy it can be done.

"Hey Nate? Whats that Peter? "looks like we lost"

"ok Pop in tape 725" "the one that reads Jeff vexle's top 10 reasons why he knew the Spurs had no chance to win"

"oh shit!" "what's wrong Nate?"

"Stackhouse's Basket did not go in!" "holy shit" "ok just pop in tape 724"

"the one where Jeff Vexler Knew all along the Mavs had no chance to win"

Even Spur fans in here ride the fence. Go look at the game blog topic. everyone and thier mothers was cursing Manu and Parker when Mavs are in the lead, and then 5 pages later? They are praising Manu and Parker.

One basket seems to determine if folks here want coach Pops head on a plate or if they need to go to home Depot to get a broom for game three.
I can just see spur fans at the gift shop.

"oh dear?" "yes honey?" "You want a Manu jersey, or parker jersey?"
"hold on honey ,I want to see who makes the last basket" "oh shit Mavs have the ball with 8 seconds on the clock, fuck the jersey we lost" "holy fuck he missed!?" "get me a Manu
and a parker jersey!"

Don't give me that "fan are just fans" crap either. A real fan is in the middle, waiting for the final buzzer before he or she celebrates. not tooting his horn when he wins just one game by one basket, and not drinking kool-aid when he loses one game by one basket. If you guys can't see the point, or the big picture of this topic? then maybe it was meant for Sports fans who have been around longer.

ducks
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Stfu Mouse SCOREBOARD

maddnezz
05-08-2006, 07:49 PM

So we dodged a bullet? You shoulda killed our ass the :hat way your beat writers and your radio talkin heads babble about! Shut up and play ball DUDES!!!!

wildbill2u
05-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Close games are always decided by 'what ifs" but the final score is what counts. After the series is over, the best team will have won and the loser will be counting up his 'what ifs' to grumble over during the off season.

Reggie Miller
05-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Good point. Also, there are more than 10 men out there. "What ifs?" are really meaningless in the NBA, because I sure as shootin' never know what the refs are going to call (or not call) in the last minute of any NBA game.

Someone must have complained about last year's Finals, because the refs are calling a LOT more moving screens this year.

SsKSpurs21
05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
jeff vexler is a radio personality. he is a homer like all of us. he says what everyone wants to hear to boost ratings. I bet what he said was taken out of context. surely he doesnt believe that the mavs were never in the game. this big worm fellow is probably exaggerating a bit.

i listen to that show almost everyday for entertainment. sometimes you will agree with them and sometimes you wont. it doesnt make them an idiot, just a difference in opinion.

wildbill2u
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Good point. Also, there are more than 10 men out there. "What ifs?" are really meaningless in the NBA, because I sure as shootin' never know what the refs are going to call (or not call) in the last minute of any NBA game.

Someone must have complained about last year's Finals, because the refs are calling a LOT more moving screens this year.

They may call more moving screens but they damn sure aren't gonna call traveling or palming very often in the NBA because those violations of the rules are often what makes for those spectacular dunks and plays.

A junior high team couldn't get away with those rules violations but the pros do.

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Again, most of you are stupid.

Jeff Vexler reports and provides commentary and insight on the best team in basketball. What the fuck else is he supposed to talk about?

The Spurs right now are cruising to another championship. The fourth one. Now wtf is he supposed to talk about?

I like Jeff. He's cool as hell and if anybody is going to call it the way it is, it is definitely him.

If you don't like it....... turn it..... That's what I do to Charlie Parker.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Mouse, if your aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.

If Tim Duncan is never born, then maybe the Spurs don't win championships.

Well, Tim Duncan was born and only you know whether your aunt has a dick or not.

Smackie Chan
05-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Mouse, if your aunt had a dick she'd be your uncle.

Tim Duncan was born and only you know whether your aunt has a dick or not.

I guess we know where Johnny Blaze's mind is at, way to represent SpursTalk with that well thought out post. So much for showing the newbies on how to keep things Spurs related.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2006, 07:06 AM
mavs fans always tryin to find a way to discredit us from a win, theres a reason why we got 3 rings to the mavs zero

kidd
05-09-2006, 07:10 AM
King trolls or Mav trolls... tough decision. I think I liked the King trolls more.

NoMoneyDown
05-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Why do people always dwell on the "what if's"? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Further, "what if's" can go the other way, too. What if Duncan scored 40 instead? What if Manu and PArker combined for more than 38% shooting? What if ...

Brianna
05-09-2006, 08:07 AM
This vexler guy is ready to do the show no matter who wins? Then the ticket should just tape each show ahead of time, save some money on having to have a real person in the studio, just pop in what ever tape is needed. here is how easy it can be done.

"Hey Nate? Whats that Peter? "looks like we lost"

"ok Pop in tape 725" "the one that reads Jeff vexle's top 10 reasons why he knew the Spurs had no chance to win"

"oh shit!" "what's wrong Nate?"

"Stackhouse's Basket did not go in!" "holy shit" "ok just pop in tape 724"

"the one where Jeff Vexler Knew all along the Mavs had no chance to win"

:lmao

mouse
05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Leave it to 99% of you to miss the point of the topic, Big Worm also said if the Mavs won? the topic still would have been made. It has nothing to do with Dicks like some of you would like it to be. You folks have no right to talk about other web sites with your cheesy comments.

ducks
05-09-2006, 08:36 AM
You folks have no right to talk about other web sites with your cheesy comments.
you have no right to tell us how to think and talk so STFU