PDA

View Full Version : Home court

mabber
05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't really think home court means that much in this series (other than game 7 if it gets that far). What do y'all think?

Extra Stout
05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I agree.

However, that said, if the Spurs win Game 2, you may NOT retreat to the "Spurs merely held serve" line.

ggoose25
05-08-2006, 05:22 PM
so does that mean no one is worried about not having home court in the finals if we play the pistons? im not gonna lie, i am

mabber
05-08-2006, 05:23 PM
I agree.

However, that said, if the Spurs win Game 2, you may NOT retreat to the "Spurs merely held serve" line.

:lol No worries about that. I'll just have to hope I'm wrong about home court meaning something and that Dallas will win their next 2 games at home:hat

A-Train
05-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I think it does somewhat. If the Spurs had to head straight from Sacto to DFW you might've seen a different outcome in Game 1. Oh well, that should give one of the Dallas area citizen-journo-bloggist-reporter-Cuban mouthpieces some fodder for a new "article".

phyzik
05-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Homecourt only matters if there is a game seven. period.

J.T.
05-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Spurs have the best road record in the league this season. As far as I'm concerned, HCA means jack. We can win anywhere. The Mavs needed HCA to win this series. Not having it is their penalty for losing to the Golden State Warriors three times.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't really think home court means that much in this series (other than game 7 if it gets that far). What do y'all think?
Nope. It means nothing. Make sure the team thinks that too.

SAGambler
05-08-2006, 06:09 PM
It for sure means more if there is a game 7. In this series and every series.

But there is a reason every team would love to have it.

You get to start in familiar surroundings and you get to end it (if a game 7) in familiar surroundings.

If all you do is hold home court....you go up 2-0. That puts tons pressure on the other team to hold their own court.

Yep....I'll take home court any time we can get it...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
If you're a great team, not having HC, shouldn't put you in the minus...

But don't act like HC ain't nothing. It's all bonus.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd rather have HCA in a 2-2-1-1-1 than in a 2-3-2.

J.T.
05-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah Finals format sucks.

boutons_
05-08-2006, 06:37 PM
For evenly matched teams, I think HCA is important. Spurs vs Pistons, Spurs vs Mavs.

Look at the stats for a team at home and away in the playoffs. FG%, PPG, 3G%, RB, diffs.

Then also look at an individual like Manu, perhaps not typical, who his year has very different stat line home vs away.

You don't have to win away to win a series, but typically, the best teams do.

Ask the 05 Pistons whether playing Game7 @SBC was no different for them than playing @Auburn Hills.

Ask the Spurs if playing Games 3,4 @Auburn Hills was no different from playing Game1,2 @SBC.

boutons_
05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
"Yeah Finals format sucks."

You won't think that if the Spurs get a split @Auburn Hills then have the next 3 games @ATT.

SAGambler
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
If you're a great team, not having HC, shouldn't put you in the minus...

But don't act like HC ain't nothing. It's all bonus.

Yeah, great teams win on the road. But that being said, if you are a really great team, you should have HCA due to your great play during the regular season.

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Bullshit, of course it matters.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah, great teams win on the road. But that being said, if you are a really great team, you should have HCA due to your great play during the regular season.
true, but Spurs didn't always have the HC in their Championship runs...

Phoenix's 60 wins come to mind. They don't really have a center to match up with every team who has an interior presence, but it still doesn't stop them from having great regular season runs.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Yes,
IF there is a game 7, it totally matters. You'd rather have that home support bolstering you on rather than not. Sure, the crowd isn't able to suit up and start burying 3's from way downtown, but even still, it's a better scenario to have to face.

Deb
05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Damn right it matters.

AND I'LL BE THERE AT THE AT&T TOMORROW TO ROOT FOR THE HOME TEAM

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

Vinnie_Johnson
05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Homecourt only matters if there is a game seven. period.

No in the finals it will be big very hard to sweep the middle three games then games 6 and 7 should you face the Pistons will be in Detroit a tuff place to play.