PDA

View Full Version : Horns/Hogs Series Final

Brutalis
05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=275163

A home and home series will be played for sure now.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Excellent. The hogs will be owned for two years straight.

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Let's see the Horns beat the crap out of the piggies

Brutalis
05-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, we're 3-1 in the last four since the SWC days. So that attitude is just sort of ignorant now.

It should be some good games.

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Good point i think the hatred is very obvious.

degenerate_gambler
05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, we're 3-1 in the last four since the SWC days. So that attitude is just sort of ignorant now.

It should be some good games.

They may be good, they may not be. Depends on how UT approaches the games. If we have a disinterested, looking-ahead team then they will be battle royales like the one in Austin 3 yrs ago.

If Texas is locked and loaded on gameday, not even a night game in your own backyard with a bunch of liquored up Pig fans will save you.

But, if Ark can make it back into the Top 25 on a regular basis next year and give UT something to think about, then is could be a fun series.

Brutalis
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
I dislike the arrogance as always.

But the reason the Horns got slapped around 2 of 3 meetings in the 2000s isn't because you overlooked us. You knew and know Arkansas circles Texas on the schedule. "Looking past" Arkansas is just a humble excuse that works for one game, but not for 2 in a row. That shows who wanted it more, who fought harder and who deserved it. Stop trying to take away whatever meaning it was to Arkansas and nut up like a big boy and accept that Arkansas has owned Texas since the close of the SWC. Stats don't lie.

You don't see me making excuses for a 50-20 something all time record Texas has on Arkansas do you?

Didn't think so.

The only reason Texas probably wants to play Arkansas again is to try and prove to themselves that they are "still" better than us.

When actually, when the Hogs and Horns meet up the "recruiting classes, ranks and records" and thrown out the window. They don't even fucking matter. Because it will be a dogfight to the end. Because mentality, the schools hate eachother.

It's just time for the fans to get over the late games that's happend and stop thinking of excuses.

Ask any old Horns fan that was around during the SWC days that isn't a biased one sided moron, they would back this up.

degenerate_gambler
05-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I dislike the arrogance as always.

But the reason the Horns got slapped around 2 of 3 meetings in the 2000s isn't because you overlooked us. You knew and know Arkansas circles Texas on the schedule. "Looking past" Arkansas is just a humble excuse that works for one game, but not for 2 in a row. That shows who wanted it more, who fought harder and who deserved it. Stop trying to take away whatever meaning it was to Arkansas and nut up like a big boy and accept that Arkansas has owned Texas since the close of the SWC. Stats don't lie.

Good God, here we go again. Name me a school that doesn't circle UT on their schedule. It's fucking TEXAS man...everyone has them in their crosshairs week in, week out. That's nothing new.

I never said UT got spanked by Arkansas because they were looking ahead. I said it was an attitude of disinterest. Both of which are wrong and UT paid the price twice. But dont tell me Texas was sky high to go play Ark. in the Cotton Bowl after getting rolled by Nebraska in the Big 12 title game and blowing a BCS bid. They weren't excited about being there and the final score showed that as Ark dominated them. Happy?

In 2003 you had a lightly regarded Razorback team with Matt Jones that came into Austin and shocked everyone in that first quarter. When UT finally figured out Ark wasnt gonna go away, they tried to flip the switch and it didnt work and it cost them the game. Again, Ark outplayed UT. Happy?

I don't believe I need to re-hash the 2004 game.

Personally I dont give a rat's ass if you don't like Texas' attitude. Put something besides a mediocre football team on the field and give us reason to root against your pig head wearing asses. Oklahoma does it, AtM used to....

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I would be bitter like Brut if my Football team did not have a true national championship.

"The 1964 national championship was historic not so much for who won but for when the title was awarded. In 1964, seven different entities named a mythical national champion. The two most notable polls to fans at the time - The Associated Press and the United Press International - did not wait until after the bowl games to award their champion. Because of that, Alabama was named the national champ by the AP, UPI, and Litkenhous groups. However, the Crimson Tide went on to lose, 21-17, to Texas in the Orange Bowl and finish 10-1 on the year. Arkansas remained the only undefeated team in the country at 11-0 with its victory over Nebraska. Two groups who waited until after the bowl games to name their champion - The Football Writers Association of America and the Helms Athletic Foundation - named Frank Broyles' Razorbacks as national champs" :lol

Brutalis
05-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Bitter about what? I fail to see any reply of yours that is relevant. Alas, I will reply to yours anyways.

The AP and UPI voted before the bowl games on the National Champion. Leaving Alabama at #1 and Arkansas at #2. Well, after the bowl games as you said Bama lost to Texas and Arkansas beat Nebraska 10-7 to be the only team left undefeated. By virtue of Alabama's bowl loss to Texas and Arkansas's win over Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl, the Football Writers Association of America and the Helms Athletic Foundation both named Arkansas as 1964 National Champions.

Obvious of their error, a direct result of the 1964 season, the Associated Press changed its practice of naming National Champions after the regular season beginning with the 1965 college football season. United Press International or UPI changed their practice of doing so in 1974. By the standards of today and by the standards adopted by the Associated Press for the 1965 season, the University of Arkansas would be recognized as National Champions.

... taken from Answers.com

Just ask Jerry Jones who the 64 Champs are, he played for the Hogs.

Oh and, try harder to stay on topic.

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok I will stay on the topic, we own the all time series aganist you guys. Plus we have more national championships in Football then you do. Next question.

Brutalis
05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Again what does that have to do with anything?

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Again what does that have to do with anything?

What it all means is we are better than you.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Pigs did ruin the fuck out of the horns that last time

Made Chance Mock look like the crap he is.

mookie2001
05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
^wrong, the time before that

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
That safety to start the game bit us in the ass in the end. 22-20.

degenerate_gambler
05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
That safety to start the game bit us in the ass in the end. 22-20.

Recruiting question...

What's the deal with Mustain? He wouldn't go anywhere but UofA would he?

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
he decomitted and was looking at ND but came back to us.

degenerate_gambler
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
With Weis getting a verbal from the Clausen kid, he probably did the right thing.

Ballcox
05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm looking forward to playing arkansas, you just can't let their whole inferiority complex get to you. Should be a good series. :smokin

Willinsa
05-10-2006, 08:41 PM
The Pigs wish they were like Big Brother.

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
^ You'll be seeing a lot of cardinal red making your days bad. :)

degenerate_gambler
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
you just can't let their whole inferiority complex get to you.

I know. Arkansas, Oklahoma, Aggsy are the worst.

It's ironic that the University of Texas copyrighted the upside down Horns sign. For every t-shirt, bumper sticker, etc that the haters purchase with that logo on it, UT is making $$.