PDA

View Full Version : Hell of a series

bybeeblitz
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, obviously a Mavs fan and I've browsed the site all season long (great site BTW) and I just pretty much wanted to tell yall that not all Mavs fans are assholes and I don't even like bragging about my team because I know our history. I'm so sick of yall beating us every year but I respect the Spurs because they prove it year-in-and -year-out.
I'm not gonna bitch about the refs from Sunday's game because we had our chances and actually got stops when we need them. We just couldn't execute on offense because yall got us into our weak spots.
I think we are extremely close to yall like never before and I dont think we fear the Black and Silver like the past. This is gonna be a 7-Game series and I can't wait for the rest of the upcoming weeks! Mad respect to yall

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 06:22 PM
same to you and your team. This one is gonna be a dogfight. Sucks that we had to meet in the second round.

J.T.
05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Whee another person saying this will go 7.... if I had a dollar for every time...

callo1
05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Theres always room for good fans no matter the team. Welcome aboard, and I hope the series lives up to the expectations. May both teams have the good fortune to have health on their side, and may the best team win.

DaSpurs#1
05-08-2006, 06:30 PM
even though i dont think itll be a 7 game series this sure is going to be a close one, i say itll be over in 5 or 6 but its gunna be close games until the 4th quarter and good thing to know that not every opposing team fans are a-holes...

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 06:34 PM
The NBA has got to address this "division" shit getting the first three seeds...Division Champion is a joke...I was really glad to see the Spurs dump the "division champ" banners...of course it's easier to do when you have three big O'Brien banners hanging up there...:lol

SAGambler
05-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I dont think we fear the Black and Silver like the past.

Maybe not like in the past, but I do think thoughts do linger in the minds of the players as to IF they really are up to the challange of the Spurs..

I think just that thought may have had a bit to do with some FTs going astray Sunday.

And I think that gives just a touch of mental edge to the Spurs.

bybeeblitz
05-08-2006, 06:37 PM
The NBA has got to address this "division" shit getting the first three seeds...Division Champion is a joke...I was really glad to see the Spurs dump the "division champ" banners...of course it's easier to do when you have three big O'Brien banners hanging up there...:lol

yeah it's pretty much a joke when Denver gets a better seed then us. It woulda made for a Texas Showdown with the rights to go to the NBA Finals. The NBA screwd themselves on that one. I hate to complain but it sux that we got the short end of the stick.

CosmicCowboy
And Avery still hasn't used his naked screaming and wrestling in the shower thang to motivate the Mavs team...:lol

SAGambler

Yeah, that's bullshit... With the two best records, the Spurs and Mavs should be given the opportunity to both advance to the WCF.

The way I see it this is the WCF being played in the second round. I don't see the Clip or the Suns giving either of these teams much opposition in the Finals.

T Park
05-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I was really glad to see the Spurs dump the "division champ" banners

They still have em.

Division Champion is a joke

Uh ok.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 06:49 PM
TPark, Spurs used to have a banner in the rafters for every division championship. They don't now. I realize you probably didn't notice because you were outside stuffing yourself with hot dogs and soft serve ice cream while your parents watched the game but it's true.

And when there are division "champs" with an under .500 record Division "Championships' DON'T mean shit..

T Park
05-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I realize you probably didn't notice because you were outside stuffing yourself with hot dogs and soft serve ice cream while your parents watched the game but it's true.

ah personal attacks.

how cute.

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
used to have a banner in the rafters for every division championship. They don't now

Yeah they did, and they have two banners that have division champions on em.

Sorry to be "technical" and get your panties in a wad.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
:lmao

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:05 PM
:rolleyes

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-08-2006, 07:32 PM
The NBA has got to address this "division" shit getting the first three seeds.

Aren't they supposed to pop a cap in that nonsense this offseason so that this kind of crap doesn't happen again?

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
The "it's just an anomaly" argument that Stern advanced earlier this year was a load of hooey. If it's truly an anomaly, a changed rule would have no meaningful effect in most seasons. If it's not truly an anomaly -- and I don't think it is -- then you have addressed a problem that is significant to the structure of the NBA playoffs. In either event, changing the rule can only be a good thing.

I stand firm to my argument that the NBA had no interest in changing the rule yet because it basically ensured that the league would get the premier matchup in the West and not significantly risk the chance of either team being eliminated before the matchup could come off. The proverbial bird in hand is always worth two in the bush.

The Spurs lack of a banner for each division title is, I think, representative of a changed philosophy in the organization. It was another wonderful part of the Spurs winning a title -- the expectations are no longer met if the Spurs win the division; thus, there are no longer banners to represent that relatively meaningless accomplishment.

As for the original point of the thread, I think we're in for a good series that will be a bunch of nip-and-tuck games that will be decided by who does the little things best. I hope it's the Spurs who do that more often.

ShoogarBear
05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
It's incredible that the league could decide to change the first round from best-of-five to best-of-seven in the middle of the regular season (2004), but decide they couldn't change the playoff seeding system in the same way.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:41 PM
It's incredible that the league could decide to change the first round from best-of-five to best-of-seven in the middle of the regular season (2004), but decide they couldn't change the playoff seeding system in the same way.
The Shaq and Kobe Lakers weren't going to be on the road in the first round this year

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Sometimes I think, Mavs fans are to SA what Miami fans are to detroit. but that's an insult to mavs fans, most of them at least know their stuff and watched their first bball game longer than 2 years ago.

bybeeblitz
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Sometimes I think, Mavs fans are to SA what Miami fans are to detroit. but that's an insult to mavs fans, most of them at least know their stuff and watched their first bball game longer than 2 years ago.

Yea considering I was a Mavs fan BEFORE Jason Kidd in the days of Donald Hodge and have followed the likes of Tony Dumas, Loren Meyer and Cherokee Parks after- I'm what you'd call hardcore Mavs fan.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Yea considering I was a Mavs fan BEFORE Jason Kidd in the days of Donald Hodge and have followed the likes of Tony Dumas, Loren Meyer and Cherokee Parks after- I'm what you'd call hardcore Mavs fan.

So you're the one?

:lol

T Park
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow.

Hey Bybee, who was the Mavs starting 5 in 90 91? :)

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM

were you one of the mavs fans the media reported vocally supporting the pistons against the lakers in the late 80s, after LA knocked you out and (understandably, they are the damn lakers) people in dallas just hated LA that much?

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Spurs in Four.

bybeeblitz
05-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow.

Hey Bybee, who was the Mavs starting 5 in 90 91? :)

Can't go that far back, 93 is about my limit considering I was 9 at the time. I do remember Sean Rooks, Dexter Cambridge, Doug Smith- wow thats sad.

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Spurs in Four.

Pistons in negative 3

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Pistons in negative 3

Why doesn't the Pistons have a sports forum? Is the car sales really that bad?

WGAF.

samikeyp
05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Sean Rooks. Damn. Props to you bro for being loyal. :)

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Why doesn't the Pistons have a sports forum? Is the car sales really that bad?

WGAF.

I'm not sure. I mean, they do, but pistons fans don't really post there. however, we are all over other teams boards, so there is definately a question to be answered there. personally, I found the format at mlive.com to be horrible, and started posting on indystar, got banned, found this place and decided these were actually people it was fun to talk about basketball with.

bybeeblitz
05-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Well I was here after our heartbreaker so I guess I deserve to comeback now. Just goes to show what a series this will be. Please dont complain about the refs because we didnt use it as an excuse for game one. I expect Spurs to play alot better with days off and Pop. Good series, just wow!