PDA

View Full Version : Nazr to jump ship?

flipcritic
05-08-2006, 11:58 PM
I have no idea if this is true. You guys have the scoop?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/05/08/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

It may not be good news for Nazr Mohammed, but it could be for the Bulls. The Spurs' free-agent center isn't happy about falling out of the rotation after scoring 18 points in the Game 1 win over the Kings. He has played three minutes in the last three games as Robert Horry has taken over as the starting center. Figure Mohammed to jump at any reasonable Bulls offer in the off-season.
-- Chicago Tribune

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:00 AM
As if the Spurs were going to keep him, save at a bargain basement price. The purpose of the Rose trade will be fulfilled.

J.T.
05-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Maybe if Nazr would fucking show up then he'd get some time. I could've scored 18 on the Kings in that game, using that to make his case is bullshit.

T Park
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
It may not be good news for Nazr Mohammed, but it could be for the Bulls. The Spurs' free-agent center isn't happy about falling out of the rotation after scoring 18 points in the Game 1 win over the Kings. He has played three minutes in the last three games as Robert Horry has taken over as the starting center. Figure Mohammed to jump at any reasonable Bulls offer in the off-season

I question his sources,

but,

Chicago has been interested for a while.

There are alot of teams that will probobly want his services next year.

Budkin
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
We are going to need Nazr in this series. He should get some increased playing time as it goes on.

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Spurs will pare some payroll be letting talent walk. Again.

T Park
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
A train,

You seriously would give Nazr MOhammed 6 to 7 million a year for 4 years?!?!?

Spurologist
05-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Game Over

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Sign and trade with Tyson Chandler i siadd

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I'd rather give him that than Rasho.

boutons_
05-09-2006, 12:20 AM
jumping ship, he'd probably drown, swimming being yet another fundamental beyond his grasp

greyforest
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
i think

nazr > rasho >>> oberto

but thats just my own

Spurologist
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
A train,

You seriously would give Nazr MOhammed 6 to 7 million a year for 4 years?!?!?

http://www.gambling911.com/Isiah-Thomas.jpg

7 mill not enough?? I'll package in Channing fyre and David Lee.

Tek_XX
05-09-2006, 12:26 AM
buh bye nasty

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Ideally there will be a bidding war for Nazr this summer and the Spurs can find a nice S&T. Maybe one that gets them a pick or two back.

Borosai
05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Let him jump...easily replaceable.

SANANTOJAMES
05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
trade him for Kevin garnett............ yeah right

toosmallshoes
05-09-2006, 01:08 AM
hopefully next year we'll get scola and this will all be academic.

Bloodline666
05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
How about this: We sign him, then trade him to a team that's expected to be lottery-bound, and try and get that team's 2007 First Round pick in the trade (We can't take the Knicks' first round draft pick for 2007, because they already traded off their first round pick for this year to the Bulls in the Curry trade, even though it would be nice to take advantage of them like we did on the 2005 Trade Deadline :lol ). Then, watch the team we traded with choke the whole season, and go into the lottery, while we pull off a Chicago Bulls; get into the Playoffs AND the Lottery, and hopefully win the lottery 10 years after winning it AGAIN. Of course, if we win the Championship that year to go along with a draft lottery victory, the league will probably start changing the lottery rules, to where ALL First Round draft picks are Lottery-Protected upon being traded.

Now, what would be the likelyhood of that scenario? Not very likely, as the very bad teams are probably cautious of trading off their own first round draft picks, so they'd throw in the Lottery-Protected first round draft pick, instead, to ensure that the Silver-and-Black doesn't steal their ping-pong balls in a trade.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2006, 01:29 AM

guy with badback = bloated contract = overrated player = doesnt avg 10rpg 2bpg = no fuckn way we trade for chandler

PM5K
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
The Playoffs are all about matchups, if we were playing the Heat with Zo and Shaq then he and Rasho would be playing significantly more minutes, if he's too stupid to fucking understand that, fuck him then...

Reggie Miller
05-09-2006, 01:50 AM

Even if it doesn't work on the court, how cool would it be for the Spurs to bring in a second unit like this: "And nowwww...ladies and gentlemen...the Gold Medal Argentine National Team for your San Antonio Spurs!!!!" I think Oberto might shock a few people if he had Scola and Ginobili on the court with him at the same time.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-09-2006, 01:55 AM
I'd rather give him that than Rasho.
Precisely!
Rasho's been a bust since day one, even before that. To pay him all that money to have one of the best seats at the game is completely ridiculous!
Nazr came over a lot cheaper, and will probably settle for a little less. If he thinks he's gonna get a blockbuster dal from the Spurs, he's got another thing coming, but between he and Rasho, I'd stick with Nazr. Besides, Pop can't keep throwing Horry out there at center every game. He's going to get outmuscled quite a bit, and as I said elsewhere, Nazr, Rasho and Oberto are worth 18 fouls a game. May as well put them to use as long as they're there.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 02:05 AM

So you want 6'8 Scola to play center?

rwb
05-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Surely by now Nazr has figured out that Pop does what he feels needs to be done to win. I guarantee if it comes down to Spurs-Pistons--which I anticipate--Nazr's size will be needed more as will Rasho's. If Manu and Finley can get over not starting every now and then, Nazr needs to understand as well that it's about the team and the win, not anyone's bruised ego. If his head's more into the number of minutes he plays rather than the big picture, I'd rather have the Coyote earning that money. Then again, it may serve to make Nazr try harder just to prove himself. My biggest frustration with him comes from his inability to hang on to the ball and catch passes. If he wants more touches, he needs to touch and then hold on.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 02:17 AM
The Spurs' free-agent center isn't happy about falling out of the rotation after scoring 18 points in the Game 1 win over the Kings.

I don't know if the writer is just assuming that Nazr isn't happy or what -- it doesn't have any quotes or anything. But it's safe to assume a couple teams will be interested in him this summer -- Chicago, Seattle and a few others.

timvp
05-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Nazr leaving the Spurs?!!?!?!!?

:sleep

Vashner
05-09-2006, 02:50 AM
I think he's improved. But there is something missing with him....

Like a brain lol. .jk..

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2006, 02:56 AM
we better get sumthing in return if we do trade nazr, a few draft picks would be nice :D, he did end up costin us the suns pick that was due

remember that trade last season kings and jazz over ostertag, if ostertage is worth 3 scrub players, i wonder how much scrub players in return can we get for rasho :D

JLH Fans
05-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Nazr will quit in summer I'm sure.
Javtokas will replace him next year.
I wouldn' t mind either if we can sign him for MLE.

ploto
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I have believed for a year that Nazr would probably end up a Bull.

I also am pretty tired of that stat from Game 1. We all know half those points came in the last couple of minutes of garabge time. He had about 8 or 9 points when it mattered, as did Horry, Rasho and just about every one else who played in that game!!

I am assuming the idea that he is unhappy comes from the previously discussed quotes in the San Antonio paper.

If Manu and Finley can get over not starting every now and then, Nazr needs to understand as well that it's about the team and the win, not anyone's bruised ego. If his head's more into the number of minutes he plays rather than the big picture, I'd rather have the Coyote earning that money.
:clap

Nazr came over a lot cheaper
First Nazr was traded- he did not "come over" for any price. Second, Nazr turned down an extension from the Spurs that would have paid him $6.5M per season- almost exactly what Rasho is making this year.

CosmicCowboy
05-09-2006, 09:14 AM
It may not be good news for Nazr Mohammed, but it could be for the Bulls. The Spurs' free-agent center isn't happy about falling out of the rotation after scoring 18 points in the Game 1 win over the Kings. He has played three minutes in the last three games as Robert Horry has taken over as the starting center. Figure Mohammed to jump at any reasonable Bulls offer in the off-season.
-- Chicago Tribune

well...with Eddie Curry as your frame of reference for a center Nazr looks pretty damn good...Chicago probably WILL pay him...

pache100
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
I have believed for a year that Nazr would probably end up a Bull.

I question his sources, but, Chicago has been interested for a while. There are alot of teams that will probobly want his services next year.

I would not be surprised one little bit to see Nazr go to Chicago.

Drive Like Jehu
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM

I'd rather try and get Nocioni

SAGambler
05-09-2006, 10:14 AM
My biggest frustration with him comes from his inability to hang on to the ball and catch passes. If he wants more touches, he needs to touch and then hold on.

That along with this insane pump and fake, pump and fake, which usually results in the ball being stripped. And his lack of fondness for DUNKING THE DAMN BALL.

Mr. Body
05-09-2006, 10:24 AM
It would be awesome to pry away one of their premiere young perimeter players with a S&T, but by now Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni are worth far more than Nazr Mohammed. One will have to go eventually, but they'll get more.

I'd expect Nazr to be a Bull next year. The question is whether the Spurs let him walk or they try to get something for him. A bidding war would help. He can put up really nice stats in the right situation, and is far better than what they have right now.

The Spurs likely will replace him with a much cheaper and younger Robertas Javtokas. Scola may come, too, but not in that role.

SenorSpur
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
It would be awesome to pry away one of their premiere young perimeter players with a S&T, but by now Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni are worth far more than Nazr Mohammed. One will have to go eventually, but they'll get more.

Lovely idea

reydawg
05-09-2006, 11:40 AM
That would be a great move for Nazr.

texasqb2
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM

I almost like our team with Timmy playing the 5 like what we're saying with Horry in the starting line-up. I wouldn't mind a line-up next year of...

Tony
Manu
Bowen
Scola
Duncan

JUUOT
05-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I almost like our team with Timmy playing the 5 like what we're saying with Horry in the starting line-up. I wouldn't mind a line-up next year of...

Tony
Manu
Bowen
Scola
Duncan

I like this line on offense...but even if scola improved his rebounding, it looks like a big risk for rebounding to be a nightmare with this team. It was this year...

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Default Re: Nazr to jump ship? :shootme
bye bye

MadDog73
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
I thought our new center was Robert Horry... ;)

weebo
05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out muchacho.

spurster
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Nazr will be a free agent, so the Spurs have little control over what happens. I doubt the Spurs want to sign more than their 1st round draft pick (do the Spurs have one?) and the MLE.

Supergirl
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Nazr has had some big games, but his butter fingers are a real liability, and he is much poorer defensively compared to Rasho OR Horry. So he is at best, a back up center, and back up centers are always replaceable. But since starting quality centers are such a gaping hole in the league, he may get someone to pay him starting center money and give him starting center minutes. But he's the least valuable C/PF on our team right now.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
David's sons out of college yet? hehe

Also I remember when we had the human highlight reel on our team. Damn that was a sweet Spurs team lol :)

THIS is a center...

One of the NBA's true marquee players for more than a decade, Dominique Wilkins earned the nickname "Human Highlight Film" with a plethora of spectacular individual plays dating back to his college years at Georgia. A member of the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1983, the high-flying 6-8 forward was been named to seven All-NBA teams and nine consecutive All-Star squads and is a two-time winner of the NBA Slam-Dunk Championship.

In 1986 he won the NBA scoring title with an average of 30.3 points per game, and in 1992 he set an NBA record by sinking 23 free throws in a game without a miss. He's the Atlanta Hawks' all-time franchise leader in both scoring and steals.

One of only 12 players to score over 25,000 points in his NBA career, Wilkins returned to the NBA in 1996-97 after one year in Europe and led the San Antonio Spurs in scoring with an 18.2 average at the age of 37. He left the NBA ranked seventh on the all-time scoring list with 26,534 points and 10th in career scoring average at 25.3 ppg.

BigVee
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Nazr is no worse than last year. Most will give him some credit for helping win last year. So, why now doesn't anyone seem to care that he is planted on the bench, probably with his desire play for this team diminishing with each DNP? How can this situation possibly be good for another title run? I fail to see how running down his confidence at this point in the season can be a good thing.

texasqb2
05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Here's the thing about it. The NBA center position is so weak that I actually think Nazr might be a top 10 C. He will get a lot more than we are willing to pay, but looks like we're lowballing him with the minutes to drive his price down. Sadly, I hope this is not the truth, but I will not listen to anyone who says Rasho is more productive than Nazr.

Slomo
05-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Here's the thing about it. The NBA center position is so weak that I actually think Nazr might be a top 10 C. He will get a lot more than we are willing to pay, but looks like we're lowballing him with the minutes to drive his price down. Sadly, I hope this is not the truth, but I will not listen to anyone who says Rasho is more productive than Nazr.You seriously need to learn about this new invention. It's called basketball!

WTF are you talking about? top 10 C in the league? Have you ever seen him play?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
It would be nice if the Spurs could manage some sort of sign-and-trade for him since he's likely to be a fairly hot (or at least slightly greater than lukewarm) commodity.

The Spurs need all the size they can get, and it's a shame he's been here a year and a half and hasn't ever totally meshed into the Spurs' system.

ploto
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
This whole claim about trying to force Nazr's value down is totally BS. Why would some guy want to re-sign cheap for a team that intentionally sat him to reduce his price? It would be the surest way for him to want to leave.

Watch the games and access the line-ups and then get back with us on just exactly where you want to insert him into the line-up.

CosmicCowboy
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Nazr will have his contributions before the Spurs quit playing this spring...He always seems to come back from being benched with energy and motivation...Pop may just be waiting to pick his spot...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Knowing Nazr, he won't "jump" ship. He will instead, "pump fake seven times and shuffle" ship.

DaSpurs#1
05-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Knowing Nazr, he won't "jump" ship. He will instead, "pump fake seven times and shuffle" ship.
it would be funny if it wasnt so true :oops ...
do i see a Nazr - Chandler trade coming? :rolleyes definately might want to get a better Center then Nazr... one thats good a rebounding and can actuelly finish

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
The problem with virtually all of the available centers in this league is inconsistency, which we got in spades.

JLH Fans
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
it would be funny if it wasnt so true :oops ...
do i see a Nazr - Chandler trade coming? :rolleyes definately might want to get a better Center then Nazr... one thats good a rebounding and can actuelly finish
Bulls won't give ANYONE for Moha they can get him easily to sign for about MLE.

leemajors
05-09-2006, 05:14 PM

nazr rejected 6.5 mill/year from the spurs this summer, i have a feeling he won't settle for MLE moneys.

JLH Fans
05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
nazr rejected 6.5 mill/year from the spurs this summer, i have a feeling he won't settle for MLE moneys.
He rejected that in last summer,when he hoped he would start and receive at least 20-25 playing time.
I'm sure he won't get more money from any team in the leauge than MLE,and in Chicago he could be a starter with plenty of playing time as well.

leemajors
05-09-2006, 06:01 PM
He rejected that in last summer,when he hoped he would start and receive at least 20-25 playing time.
I'm sure he won't get more money from any team in the leauge than MLE,and in Chicago he could be a starter with plenty of playing time as well.

there is always a team willing to overpay an underachieving center.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
He's got the one thing you can't teach. Teams will always gamble on that. Always.

Nbadan
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm more bothered by the thought of Robert Horry having to play 30 minutes per for the rest of the second season.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm more bothered by the thought of Robert Horry having to play 30 minutes per for the rest of the second season.
I'm on record saying I don't think he can make it.

Nbadan
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm on record saying I don't think he can make it.

I don't either, and that means the Spurs will need either Nazr or Rasho to step up.

Mr. Body
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM

Bulls will have to shell out $7 at least for his services. After Nene there is Nazr and Joel Przbylla. If a bidding battle starts, they may need to sign and trade for him to get SA participation.

T Park
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I predict there will be a sign and trade.

Spurs will get either a big man, or SF in return.

Hopefully a Robert Swift, Johan Petro, or Luol Deng

exstatic
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Between the smallball that most of you loathe, and 10-15 from Rasho, he should only have to average about 25. He played 32 because the game was tight.

SequSpur
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
WTF? Nazr is going to come through in this series. STFU already.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Tony
Manu
Bowen
Scola
Duncan

Why are people so quick to pencil in Scola as a fucking starter when he hasn't even played a game yet, and likely never will, for this franchise?

Stupid.

If we are going to beat Detroit we are going to need Nazr on the front lines, he's our only big outside of Horry with a mean streak. I hate this infatuation with small ball that Pop suddenly has.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
You seriously need to learn about this new invention. It's called basketball!

WTF are you talking about? top 10 C in the league? Have you ever seen him play?

1. Shaquille O'Neal MIA
2. Yao Ming HOU
3. Brad Miller SAC
4. Ben Wallace DET
5. Jamaal Magloire NO/OKC
6. Tyson Chandler CHI
7. Marcus Camby DEN
8. Zydrunas Ilgauskas CLE
9. Erick Dampier DAL
10. Kurt Thomas PHX
11. Michael Olowokandi MIN
12. Samuel Dalembert PHI
13. Mehmet Okur UTH
14. Joel Przybilla POR
15. Chris Kaman LAC
16. Andrew Bogut MIL

Here's 16 centers I grabbed of a list somewhere. Pick 10 that are definitively better than Nazr. It's closer than you might think.

Bloodline666
05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
The New York Knicks are one of them (they overpay underachievers, period; regardless of their position)

bigbendbruisebrother
05-09-2006, 08:40 PM
jumping ship, he'd probably drown, swimming being yet another fundamental beyond his grasp

To flog this metaphor to death, if he did jump ship and another team threw him a life saver, he'd bobble the pass and then get stuffed by a wave trying to pump fake.

Alamo Boy
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
dont the bulls have a 1st round pick from the knicks...sign and trade for that and deng

Slomo
05-10-2006, 03:47 AM
1. Shaquille O'Neal MIA
2. Yao Ming HOU
3. Brad Miller SAC
4. Ben Wallace DET
5. Jamaal Magloire NO/OKC
6. Tyson Chandler CHI
7. Marcus Camby DEN
8. Zydrunas Ilgauskas CLE
9. Erick Dampier DAL
10. Kurt Thomas PHX
11. Michael Olowokandi MIN
12. Samuel Dalembert PHI
13. Mehmet Okur UTH
14. Joel Przybilla POR
15. Chris Kaman LAC
16. Andrew Bogut MIL

Here's 16 centers I grabbed of a list somewhere. Pick 10 that are definitively better than Nazr. It's closer than you might think.Of course you are right and it is closer than I am comfortable with. But I am currently so pissed off with him that for me he's at the bottom of any C list in the NBA right now.

I don't hate the guy and I don't mind his mistakes (well not too much). But it drives me crazy that he does not change, that he keeps repeating the same stupid stuff all the time and that he's apparently incapable of remembering a defensive schem for more that 30 seconds is why I'm really pissed at him.

I know he had a couple of decent games, and I hoped they would re-emerge. But after seeing him playing lately I have a problem comprehending where did those good games came from, when it should be the other way aroound.

(Soory for the late answer - time zones suck :) )

JLH Fans
05-10-2006, 04:07 AM
dont the bulls have a 1st round pick from the knicks...sign and trade for that and deng

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Why not Deng+Hiinrich+Noci for Moha? :lol :lol :lol

Moha will quit for nothing I'm sure.

Bruno
05-10-2006, 04:40 AM
People should realize that Duncan defend on the opposite center and is defended by the opposite center : Duncan is more a center than a PF.

There are more and more PF in nba that are mobile and shoot 3's and are bad matchup for Duncan, it's time to slide Duncan at the C spot.

IMHO, The best solution for our bigmen next year is :
- Duncan who plays mainly at the C spot, he can start at PF if he wants and play with a center for few minutes at the start of the game.
- Horry, no need to explain.
- A true quality PF, either Scola (last news from Spain is that he will soon have an answer concerning his future) or via trade/FA. Gettting a quality PF via trade/FA is way easier than getting a quality center.
- A real center that can defend on the few big centers left in the league like Shaq and Yao. Rasho is a way better solution than Nazr for that job but a cheaper player is a better answer.
- A 5th big for garbage time/foultroubles : Oberto or Javtokas. I rather have Javtokas who has more upside and is a better defender.

Duncan/Scola/Horry/Rasho/Javtokas isn't a bad bigmen rotation and isn't too expensive.

velik_m
05-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Scola is overrated. He's small and has no lift, he's no NBA starting material.

sendman
05-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Huh, don't hold your breath. Look at Oberto. He was hyped before this season and look at him now. Even if Scola comes, he will need at least a year or two to adapt and even then there is no guarantee that he will pan out. So be carefull with your wishes.

Bruno
05-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Huh, don't hold your breath. Look at Oberto. He was hyped before this season and look at him now. Even if Scola comes, he will need at least a year or two to adapt and even then there is no guarantee that he will pan out. So be carefull with your wishes.

Scola and oberto weren't the same kind of player in europe. Oberto was a solid bigmen, Scola is the best PF outside the nba. Add to that that Scola is 5 years younger and is more athletic.

Scola is a risk to take, I don't think we can get a way better player via trade when you consider the few trade assets we have or via free agency with only the MLE (there aren't players like SAR available this year).

toosmallshoes
05-13-2006, 01:37 AM
why not? Ben Wallace is only 6'9...

toosmallshoes
05-13-2006, 01:41 AM
That's funny, I never heard a word about Oberto until a week before we signed him. He was hyped zero and played -5. My #1 wish is that people would think more carefully when they use the word "hype".

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Actually, you are wrong. He was hyped around here by people who were talking about him as if he was our next really good bigman. Hyped around the league, no, but hyped amongst Spurs fans, he was.

clubalien
05-13-2006, 09:47 AM
ian is the future
david > tim>ian with have been blessed with rgeat big man

borse
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Rasho is the best spur center. He understands his role perfectly.

RON ARTEST
05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Rasho is the best spur center. He understands his role perfectly.
if hes your best center then you have a problem.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
If Nazr won't jump push him.

objective
05-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Scola is overrated. He's small and has no lift, he's no NBA starting material.

He's comparably just as big as guys like Brand, Boozer, Gooden and Kenyon Martin.

And he can jump and dunk pretty easily, compared to Oberto's 2-inch vertical that leaves him throwing up layups and not blocking shots.