PDA

View Full Version : Piston Fan better hope Mia takes out the Nets

whottt
05-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Anyone remember 02-03 ECF?

The relevant factors that lead to that embarassing moment in Pistons' history have not changed.

It's all about the matchups...the Nets still do not match up well with Shaq...but Jason Kidd still matches up very well with the Pistons, and this version of the Nets is much better.... Kristic is much more consistent than KMart and they didn't even have anyone like Carter in 02-03, who even though he is a bitch, is still good for some big games on the right type of team. And IMO does present a problem for the Pistons D.

Piston fan knows I speak the truth too...they know Jason Kidd with weapons makes them a hell of a lot more nervous than Shaq does. They may not admit it...but deep down inside, they know Kidd scares the hell out of them.

He makes me nervous too...but Parker destroys him with his speed...OTOH, Kidd is tailor made for Billups.

Be afraid Piston fan...I believe I have seen the face of the future EC Champ...and I believe it is the Nets.

No bias here...I admit the Pistons make me nervous this year, even with Flip. And the way Pistons fans have sat here all season long in anticipation, like Wolves, waiting, patiently waiting, like they smell blood, waiting for their moment to strike, makes me even more nervous...I get this vibe from every Piston fan on the board...even the stupid ones(of which there are not many)

But this version of the Nets scares me a hell of a lot more than the 02-03 version...and that version was kind of a bitch in the finals.

So from my POV it's a draw a sto which team I think would give the Spurs more trouble but I know the Nets have the Pistons' number. Without a doubt...Kidd has their number.

greyforest
05-09-2006, 03:54 AM
pistons/nets upset?

possible...but probable? .....nah

would be an easier road for spurs, granted, but that won't happen. pistons are too damn good, and we are going to meet them in finals yet again.

crazier things have happened though

jochhejaam
05-09-2006, 06:18 AM

The relevant factors that lead to that embarassing moment in Pistons' history have not changed.

It's all about the matchups...the Nets still do not match up well with Shaq...but Jason Kidd still matches up very well with the Pistons, and this version of the Nets is much better.... Kristic is much more consistent than KMart and they didn't even have anyone like Carter in 02-03, who even though he is a bitch, is still good for some big games on the right type of team. And IMO does present a problem for the Pistons D.

Piston fan knows I speak the truth too...they know Jason Kidd with weapons makes them a hell of a lot more nervous than Shaq does. They may not admit it...but deep down inside, they know Kidd scares the hell out of them.

He makes me nervous too...but Parker destroys him with his speed...OTOH, Kidd is tailor made for Billups.

Be afraid Piston fan...I believe I have seen the face of the future EC Champ...and I believe it is the Nets.

No bias here...I admit the Pistons make me nervous this year, even with Flip. And the way Pistons fans have sat here all season long in anticipation, like Wolves, waiting, patiently waiting, like they smell blood, waiting for their moment to strike, makes me even more nervous...I get this vibe from every Piston fan on the board...even the stupid ones(of which there are not many)

But this version of the Nets scares me a hell of a lot more than the 02-03 version...and that version was kind of a bitch in the finals.

So from my POV it's a draw a sto which team I think would give the Spurs more trouble but I know the Nets have the Pistons' number. Without a doubt...Kidd has their number.
I remember 02-03, that was pre-Sheed. With the maturation of Tayshaun (his rookie season where he played very little that year until the playoffs) and the big improvements in both Billups and Rips game along with the addition of Rasheed and Mcdyess and Hunter being back in form (and Delk too? dayum I'm scarin' myself here :lol ), that Piston team doesn't come close to what we have now. The Nets are a good team but I honestly believe the Heat would give us a tougher series than the Nets.

The Pistons have a way of stunting the opposing teams leading scorer or letting him get off and locking down the rest of the team. Flip's done an excellent job with both the offense and the defense IMO.

There's respect for both the Nets and the Heat but no fear. (thanks for the warning just the same whottt)

mike detroit
05-09-2006, 06:30 AM
nets fans should remember 1985

SpurForLife
05-09-2006, 06:31 AM
I remember 02-03, that was pre-Sheed. With the maturation of Tayshaun (his rookie season where he played very little that year until the playoffs) and the big improvements in both Billups and Rips game along with the addition of Rasheed and Mcdyess and Hunter being back in form (and Delk too? dayum I'm scarin' myself here :lol ), that Piston team doesn't come close to what we have now. The Nets are a good team but I honestly believe the Heat would give us a tougher series than the Nets.

The Pistons have a way of stunting the opposing teams leading scorer or letting him get off and locking down the rest of the team. Flip's done an excellent job with both the offense and the defense IMO.

There's respect for both the Nets and the Heat but no fear. (thanks for the warning just the same whottt)

Sorry, but Miami is garbage and everyone knows it and should know it. At least Jersey can play some "D" and Kidd is pretty solid against Billups. The Pistons should not fear Jersey or anyone for that matter but Jersey would be a much tougher matchup than the heat anyday.

kidd
05-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Nets would give the Pistons a tougher series since they match up better. I don't think that can be reasonably disputed.

Vizzini
05-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah, the Nets might play the Pistons tough, but where will they be when Vince Carter doesn't show up for the first half of the deciding game 7 after he attends the obedience school graduation of his dog Lola. I guess that will be the real reason "you don't feed the dog people food"

JamStone
05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Either Miami or New Jersey would win one or two games against Detroit in a seven game series.

Nets are very capable of playing Detroit tough. Detroit would still come out on top, so I don't know why Nets should scare the Pistons or Pistons fans.

bdubya
05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
First off, let me announce that I just heard from my podiatrist - there's a new surgery that allows the removal of nenads on an outpatient basis. (pause for laughtrack).

But seriously, Whott, as Jochejaam pointed out, this is far from the same team. Our '03 starting PF now sits on the Nets' bench, and we've upgraded considerably at that position. In '03, Tayshaun was playing Darko minutes until roughly Game 4 of the first round; he's a bit more experienced now. We actually HAVE an offensive game now, as opposed to the Rick Carlisle micro-managed "run the clock down and maybe get a bucket while you're at it" placeholder between defensive stands. Rip had the mid-range catch-and-shoot and not much else in '03; he's got a lot more now. Most of all, Billups has survived the Larry Brown "Play The Right Way" Academy for Point Guards, but is no longer shackled by the "OR ELSE!" of actually having LB for a coach. Most of the '03 pieces are still there, but they're not the same individually, and collectively they've got almost three full years of playing together under their belts.

Why do you look all the way back to '03, anyway? These teams have met in the playoffs more recently, y'know. As for Kidd having the Pistons' number, here's a quiz: How many times has Jason Kidd been held scoreless for an entire playoff game? (hint: ONCE). Who did it to him? (hint: THE PISTONS). When? (hint: '04 EC semis, game 7). Who's got whose number? (you figure it out).

And if Miami uncorks a 20-point blowout on the Nets in game 2, the whole tune is going to change anyway. <yawn>

Vinnie_Johnson
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM

Yawn.... you should worrie about Dallas Pistons will roll right over Jersey.

kidd
05-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Nah they won't roll right over Jersey. Jersey plays them tough every game. We brought you guys to 7 games when you had your current starting 5 in 2004. We also did well against you in the reg season, which counts for at least a dime.

Pistons will win in 6 or 7, but it will be a hard fought series. Sacramento Kings are to Spurs as New Jersey Nets are to Pistons.

cheguevara
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
oh Please, the Nets are a team in the level of the Suns/Kings/Clippers. Don't be fooled by game 1 in Miami, Miami just sucks balls as well, but even they are in a higher level.

take a look at the Pacer series vs. Nets. the pacers played them very well in the defensive side. The Pistons would do even better.

And about the matchups, I don't see any matchup problems for the Pistons if they play their typical Piston defense.

should Piston's be scared of the Nets :lol of course not

Vinnie_Johnson
05-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Nah they won't roll right over Jersey. Jersey plays them tough every game. We brought you guys to 7 games when you had your current starting 5 in 2004. We also did well against you in the reg season, which counts for at least a dime.

Pistons will win in 6 or 7, but it will be a hard fought series. Sacramento Kings are to Spurs as New Jersey Nets are to Pistons.

I didn't mean sweep yes I can see a 6 game set Jersey will be a much better test for Detroit then the heat. Do you think you guys can take the heat out in five?

DarkReign
05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
The Pistons are going to the Finals. Who they play along the way is of no concern. The Least Conference is earning its namesake. There are the Pistons, and then 7 other teams battling for second place.

Is that cocky? Depends on how you want to take it. Miami or NJ has absolutely ZERO chance of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. Too deep, too cohesive, too motivated.

Dont get me wrong, when Kristic finally decides to come out of his shell, NJ is going to be a force. If NJ had that low-post presence CONSISTENTLY every game, NJ would give the Pistons a run, if not win outright.

But Kristic is a ghost as of yet. One game hes here, the other he is not. Also, right now he is being defended by Haslem, who is a good defender in his own right, but certainly not a Rasheed Wallace.

Sheed is going to shut him down and ship him out. JKidd is awesome as is Jefferson and Vinsanity, but Billups is no defensive slouch.....nor is Prince. Heck, Rip has even become a more than capable defender. All they have to do is funnel the guards toward the bigs. Im sure VC and Co. will make a bunch of Sportscenter highlight reels with their relentless attacking of the basket....but the scoreboard will still be the same.

Pistons W
Nets L

whottt
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
The Nets are gonna take ya'll out if they get past Miami.

They swept you off your own home court in 03, because Kidd dominated....and while the Pistons have added Sheed, Prince and McDyess...The Nets have added Vince Carter and replaced KMart with Nenad Kristic. They are much better now than they were then...forget the record.

As someone else mentioned...they took you to seven games the year ya'll won the title...and that Nets team was decimated with injuries that entire season....

Kidd is your nemesis, the man swept you with Kenyon Martin on his team...

This team is way better than the one that swept ya'll and took you to 7 games.

J.T.
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I think the Nets have the best chance in the East at beating the Pistons, but it will be a tough uphill battle for them. Pistons would beat Miami in 5. NJ would take it to 7 no doubt.

cheguevara
05-09-2006, 12:46 PM

They swept you off your own home court in 03, because Kidd dominated....and while the Pistons have added Sheed, Prince and McDyess...The Nets have added Vince Carter and replaced KMart with Nenad Kristic. They are much better now than they were then...forget the record.

As someone else mentioned...they took you to seven games the year ya'll won the title...and that Nets team was decimated with injuries that entire season....

This team is way better than the one that swept ya'll and took you to 7 games.

you're insane. The pistons are 10x better than 03. The Nets, maybe 2x better.

Darrin
05-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I can appreciate the New Jersey Nets this season and they are very capable of beating Miami, but I like the Pistons chances if they meet in the Conference Finals. Let me say that this is a better team than the one they had in 2001-02 and 2002-03. I see very little difference between the role that Kenyon Martin played and the role Vince Carter has now, except that he is more able to score than Martin. Add to that the traditional frontcourt presence in Nenad Kristic, the defensive placeholder in Cliff Robinson, and without losing Jason Collins, the Nets are better.

However, the Conference has grown up around them as well. They still have weaknesses that over a seven-game series can be exploited by a team that is of equal talent and chemistry in the Detroit Pistons.

- Depth: I named six really good pieces for the Nets. After that, the rotation tends to drag. Cliff Robinson, Jacque Vaughn, Lamond Murray, and John Thomas are essentially their bench. I like the Pistons rotation of Antonio McDyess, Lindsey Hunter, Tony Delk, and Maurice Evans much better. They are much younger and more versitile.

- Shooting: The Pistons stay home with everyone. Their philosophy is that one man cannot beat five, and that keeps them from losing on most nights. Unless Nenad Kristic can catch fire and average 30 versus Rasheed, Big Ben, and McDyess, while simulatenously Carter starts shooting 45% from behind the long line, taking 18 attempts a night, the Nets are not going to find getting shots very easy.

Look at last night's game for example. They needed someone to just hit a shot or two and that crowd would've quieted down and Miami would have very little confidence heading into game 2. They couldn't do it. Miami was successful at making them a half-court team for 6 minutes or so and they wasted a 28-point lead (cut to 9). And this was with Jason Kidd shooting lights-out for most of the game.

It's not Shaq that was abusing them. The Heat's perimeter defense for that small stretch was killer. It doesn't matter how the points were gotten on the other end. It mattered that the Nets couldn't stop them from making a run. I've seen Miami give up in games where they were down big, twice in these playoffs. Make no mistake, the Pistons, if at full strength, will not be so kind to the Nets.

- Versitile: When the Pistons and Nets last met in the Conference Finals, it was a battle over tempo. Much like the Indiana and Miami series' this year, the teams want to stop the Nets, set up in the half-court, and make them play long possessions. The Pistons have no such objective now.

They are versitile enough to win both running and in the half-court.

- Experiences: A lot has happened between the 2002-03 Conference Finals and the 2005-06 version. For instance:

-Tayshaun Prince became a starter in the 2002-03 Conference Finals. The Pistons realized that Mike Curry couldn't keep up with Richard Jefferson and it allowed the Nets to have the opportunity to overcome an 8-point deficit at the Palace for a Game one win. Tayshaun did what he did as a starter in the regular season - 5.3 ppg with horrific defense on Jefferson, a player with a rare combination of strength and quickness.

See Lebron James and his 22-point night with no points in the second half to find out if Prince has learned how to play quick wings with power.

- Rasheed Wallace is not Cliff Robinson. Do you know how many rebounds the Pistons starting center averaged in that Conference Finals? 1.5. That's not a typo. I didn't mean 10.5 and forgot the zero. 1.5. That is why he was traded in the two months after that series, and part of the reason Rick Carlisle was fired for continuing to play Robinson over Memo Okur. Because the Pistons were learning that if a team was quick, Mike Curry and Cliff Robinson were too slow-footed to keep up with them.

- Chauncey Billups isn't hurt (at the time this is written). Chauncey Billups was amazing in the 2002-03 postseason. In game one of the Eastern Semifinal series with the Philadelphia 76ers he severely sprained his ankle on Eric Snow's foot. He missed games 2, 3, and 5 of that series, and only had one more really good game - 28 points (9 in overtime), 7 rebounds, and 5 assists in the elimination game sending the Pistons to the Conference Finals.

2001-02 postseason (with T-Wolves): 22.0 ppg, .451 FG%, 5.7 apg, and 5.0 rpg.
Pre-injury: 22.8 ppg, .420 FG% 4.3 apg, and 4.0 rpg.
Post-injury: 11.7 ppg, .281 FG%, 5.3 apg, and 2.5 rpg.

What looked like a classic point-guard duel in the making turned into "wait 'till next year."

- 2003-04 Semifinals:

Wait till next year became exactly that. With six of the Pistons top seven rotation pieces in place (Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed, Wallace, Ben Wallace, and Lindsey Hunter) the Pistons beat the Nets, 4-3. The Nets fell into a 2-0 hole, had to foul out 4 of the Pistons 5 starters in a triple-overtime game to get a series lead, failed to close out the Pistons in New Jersey, and suffered a 90-69 loss in Jason Kidd's first scoreless postseason game of his career. Since Rasheed came to town, the Pistons have won 9 of the 15 games they have played versus New Jersey.

- The Pistons have been to the Finals just as many times as New Jersey, beat the Lakers team that swept them, and took the Spurs further in a seven-game series. My point to that is the Pistons no longer are the up-and-comers just happy to be in the Conference Championship round for the first time in 12 years. They are on a mission, and it doesn't involve moral victories after losing to the Nets in the Conference Finals the way it did 3 years ago.

All in all, the Nets still have flaws that can be exploited, and that's the strength of the Pistons' gameplan. I like the Pistons chances if they are to meet.

bdubya
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM

The last time the Pistons and Nets faced each other in the playoffs, how did our "nemesis" do? Let me know if this rings a bell: 0-8 shooting, 0 FTA, 7 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, two TO's. All that in 43 minutes, in the biggest game of his season.

He swept a Pistons team that HAD NO OFFENSE in '03; you think that makes him a magic bullet against the team that took your boys to the limit last June? Admit it, man, yer trollin',, just like the Nets will be in June.

abmccray
05-09-2006, 01:44 PM

I remember 03. Let's hope Billups isn't on one foot if we play the Nets again this year. Also, Michael Curry and Corliss Williamson. Haha.

SA210
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Nets vs. Spurs

Part II ?

kidd
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I didn't mean sweep yes I can see a 6 game set Jersey will be a much better test for Detroit then the heat. Do you think you guys can take the heat out in five?

Absolutely not. RJ rolled his ankle, for starters, and the Nets aren't the best adjustment team IMO. It will be a 6 or 7 game series. Im absolutely devestated that RJ got injured with a BRUISED :madrun :madrun :madrun ankle. He probably won't play tomorrow, but I hope to dear God that he plays in game 3 and is near 100%.

In my opinion, this seaon wll be a success if we get to the ECF and just get an chance to beat the Pistons. That's all you can ask for. Next season, JKidd will be one more year past his prime, but every other starter will be better, and we'll be deeper through the MLE and draft. Hopefully that will be our year :)

J.T.
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
RJ will be back for Game 3. He didn't roll it that bad if he's not on crutches. It's the playoffs, nut up and get back out there and help your team squash Snaq and Wade. Game 2 is probably the only one Heat win and that will be cuz of no RJ. Course they may not even win it if Vinsanity puts up 50+ on them like he did in the season.

Marklar MM
05-10-2006, 07:08 PM
As said, Billups was playing on basically one leg for that series, and Michael "FREAKING" Curry was a starter(Although I think Tayshaun took his spot for the series.)

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I think whottt has a point, and in fact ive been looking for a thread like this.

Nets are getting blown out early in the 1st against Miami as we speak, but I was thinking earlier today how well the Nets would give the Pistons a run for their money.

Kidd would make Chauncy look silly, as he has in the past. I'm not saying Nets would automaticaly beat them, but the Nets would certainly be the toughest East series they could get.
So I'm going for the Nets in the miami series.

Also because Shaq looks horribly horribly horribly outdated, slow, and on the decline.

FreshPrince22
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Kidd would make Chauncy look silly, as he has in the past.

Chauncey would outplay Kidd. You can book that. Chauncey is just better than him now. Chauncey is in his prime. Kidd is falling off. Chauncey has already outplayed Kidd in 3 of the 4 games this year. And I'll always cherish Kidd's 0-for-8 for ZERO points performance in Game 7 of the '04 playoffs.

Also, RJ is a bad matchup for Tayshaun. If RJ running at less than 100% it would mean big trouble for the Nets.

It's a toss-up for me. The Nets might be slightly tougher, but saving Ben from having to go one-on-one with Shaq for a series could go a long ways in keeping him fresh for the finals. Last year, Ben was completely beat up for the first couple games of the Spurs/Pistons series.

jochhejaam
05-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Nets are getting blown out early in the 1st against Miami as we speak, but I was thinking earlier today how well the Nets would give the Pistons a run for their money.

Kidd would make Chauncy look silly, as he has in the past.

Kidd would make Chauncey look silly? I don't think so.

Kidd's stats vs Billups this year

Game 1

Chauncey 20 pts and 8 assists
Kidd 8 pts and 5 assists

Game 2

Chauncey 30 pts and 6 assists
Kidd 23 pts and 7 assists

Game 3

Chauncey 19 pts and 10 assists
Kidd 10 pts and 5 assists

Game 4

Chauncey 9 points and 5 assists
Kidd 7 pts and 5 assists

Average for all games

Chauncey 19.5 points and 7.2 assists
Kidd 12 points and 5.5 assists

Decided edge for Chauncey CBF.

jacobdrj
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM
While not so strongly as the starter of this post, but in essence, I agree. The Pistons do much better against teams that focus around 1 or 2 stars. The Pistons struggle some even against teams that don't nessacaraly have superstars, but just have all around good players like Memphis, Utah, Millwakee, and Dallas. While the Nets are a collection of stars, there are 4 lagit stars on the floor at the same time that play together. I would much rather face Miami than NJ. There is no shame in taking the easiest path to a title possible.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, Kidd has more playoff experience, been to the finals just as many times as Chauncy, and unless you are a conservative fuckhead like jochchehchchjaamamam, pure numbers are not really a tell tale sign of anything other than what they are: numbers.

Kidd is the best point guard in the entire playoffs right now at this moment in the NBA who can do a good job defending Chauncy. I don't care what any of you say, Chauncy is not that quick, Kidd is getting old, but he's still a big point guard who can attack you at the other end.

I was exaggerating when I said make chauncy look silly, my bad cuz its the internet, but you dont need to take offense from that, cuz its obvious that wont happen...but Kidd could do the best job on him than any other pg, and that is the key matchup in any pistons series imo

and as far as the disgusting eastern conference is concerned, the nets would be the toughest challenge for the pistons, prior to the finals. Withotu a doubt...shaq looks horrible and Nets are playing well.

*note, all comments made by cbf under assumption RJ will be healthy soon

jochhejaam
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, Kidd has more playoff experience, been to the finals just as many times as Chauncy, and unless you are a conservative fuckhead like jochchehchchjaamamam, pure numbers are not really a tell tale sign of anything other than what they are: numbers.

Nice comeback after being owned kiddo. :lol

Next time do your homework before posting such nonsense. (or don't)

bdubya
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
I just now got around to tuning in Game 2, just in time to see Kidd throw a beautiful pass to Pat Riley. 35-58. :lmao

What is with all the bandwagoning for the Nets 'round here? Is it wishful thinking that somebody will pose more of a threat than the Heat? I think either team will take the Pistons to 6 games, but if you want them softened up for the finals, root for Miami and a beaten-up Ben. But please quit with the silliness about Kidd v. Chauncey; three years ago, Kidd had the advantage, but no longer. Again, the last time they played each other in the playoffs was '04, not '03, and we've already gone over how that one turned out.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Nice comeback after being owned kiddo. :lol

Next time do your homework before posting such nonsense. (or don't)

yeah next time realize that you posted chauncy's averages lower than his overall average and that he had a game with 9 points

FreshPrince22
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM
yeah next time realize that you posted chauncy's averages lower than his overall average and that he had a game with 9 points

:lol

A) He averaged slightly more points and slightly less assists than his season averages.

B) He OUTPLAYED Kidd. Isn't that what this was about?

whottt
05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I just now got around to tuning in Game 2, just in time to see Kidd throw a beautiful pass to Pat Riley. 35-58. :lmao

What is with all the bandwagoning for the Nets 'round here? Is it wishful thinking that somebody will pose more of a threat than the Heat? I think either team will take the Pistons to 6 games, but if you want them softened up for the finals, root for Miami and a beaten-up Ben. But please quit with the silliness about Kidd v. Chauncey; three years ago, Kidd had the advantage, but no longer. Again, the last time they played each other in the playoffs was '04, not '03, and we've already gone over how that one turned out.

I am basing my take entirely on past history...Look, make all the excuses you want, but in the past Kidd has had ya'lls number in the Chauncy, Rip, Ben era.....whether or not that is still true, remains to be seen. Besides....the Nets were pretty pesky when we met them in the finals too. On paper it shouldn't have even been close between us and the Nets...but we had to rally to win game 6. Well that team had KMart playing like a wimp. This Nets team is far superior to those that went to the finals.

But for the same reason I think the Nets can take the Pistons...I also have serious doubts about whether or not they can beat the Heat...because there is also no doubt that Shaq had the Nets number. IF, the Nets get past the Heat, I think they will beat ya'll this year, based on past history. Jason Kidd with weapons is a dangerous dangerous man...no one should know this more than the Pistons.

FreshPrince22
05-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I am basing my take entirely on past history...Look, make all the excuses you want, but in the past Kidd has had ya'lls number in the Chauncy, Rip, Ben era.....whether or not that is still true, remains to be seen.

The Nets are 0-1 in the playoffs against the "Sheed-era" Pistons. There's some history for ya.

whottt
05-10-2006, 09:24 PM
The Nets are 0-1 in the playoffs against the "Sheed-era" Pistons. There's some history for ya.

Their history against you is that they always give you all you can handle...regardless of record.

Saying they are simply 0-1 against you, is kinda like simply saying you are 0-1 against us...

This Nets team has way way more weapons than the finals teams.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-10-2006, 09:25 PM

Kidd was gimpy, Nenad is a better player and they have VC now. I don't think it matters, because I believe the Heat take the series, but the Nets are definitely more of a challenge than the Heat...

Scalabrineed?

Darrin
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Kidd was gimpy, Nenad is a better player and they have VC now. I don't think it matters, because I believe the Heat take the series, but the Nets are definitely more of a challenge than the Heat...

Scalabrineed?

I'll say again: The Nets had two blowout wins in New Jersey with the backs against the wall, they need 4 of the Pistons 5 starters to foul out before they were Scalabrineeeed. They had a chance to close out that series on their homecourt and didn't.

With Kristic and Carter or not, I believe the Pistons would win that series in six games. As long as they kept the Nets off the offensive glass, they would have little problem with them. The Pistons depth is a serious advantage.