PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Morning News' "Game Plan for the Mavericks"

CubanMustGo
05-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Now you know why these guys are writers and not coaches or players ... from http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/050906dnspomavslede.129cb8fa.html

Staff Writer Eddie Sefko on what the Mavericks need to do to level the series with the Spurs:

1. Stick to Bruce Bowen. All he can do on offense is shoot 3-pointers. Don't let him do it.

2. Share the ball. Eight assists in Game 1? Some teams get that in one quarter. Spread it around.

3. Dog Tim Duncan. Double-team him only when he dribbles. It worked in the second half of Game 1, until Bowen got loose.

4. Did we mention sticking to Bruce Bowen? And Robert Horry, too, while you're at it.

So now Bruce Bowen is our #1 (and #4) threat on offense? :lol Sure, go right ahead, ignore Ginobili and Parker.

Then there was this headline from David Moore's column (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/dmoore/stories/050906dnspomoore.124ff8a3.html) today:

"With his talk of hugs by Spurs, Avery hopes to gain kisses from refs"

[...]One of the things Johnson learned from Popovich is how to work the officials. That was the purpose of his comments, trying to gain an edge for Nowitzki and the Mavericks for tonight's Game 2. It wasn't to embarrass Bowen, one of the first people to call Johnson and congratulate him on receiving his Coach of the Year award. [...]

What would these clowns say if they ever had the FT disparity we saw in that loss a couple of years ago? And tell me the last time we saw Pop bitch about the refereeing in a game?

Supergirl
05-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Hahahahaha.

Unfortunately I think AJ is a better coach than this guy and will come up with a better plan.

But Spurs usually shoot the ball better after a bad shooting game, so I suspect they'll come out shooting well tonight, in which case the Mavs will have no chance. But they'll get back in it in Dallas, most likely.

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Bowen can shot just 3 pointers. WTF???
AJ is crazy

A-Train
05-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Staff Writer Eddie Sefko on what the Mavericks need to do to level the series with the Spurs:

1. Stick to Bruce Bowen. All he can do on offense is shoot 3-pointers. Don't let him do it.

Great, then the floor is spaced for the Spurs' O.

2. Share the ball. Eight assists in Game 1? Some teams get that in one quarter. Spread it around.

They do spread it around. The problem is that most of the guys' game is more than simple jumpshooting. Poor observation.

3. Dog Tim Duncan. Double-team him only when he dribbles. It worked in the second half of Game 1, until Bowen got loose.

You mean, until Bowen got back on the court. Anyways, who are you going to double TD off of? Why do you think the Coach of the Year preferred to play TD straight up in Game 1? Do you really want to let the rest of the Spurs play 4 on 3? Oh yeah, I forgot, the Spurs have no talent outside of Duncan. Are you a journalist or a drunk poster at mavfan.com or whatever?

4. Did we mention sticking to Bruce Bowen? And Robert Horry, too, while you're at it.

So you're not leaving 2 shooters on the floor and will double Duncan aggressively? Prepare to have Parker, Ginobili, Finley, Barry, etc...rip you apart.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:29 AM
So all they need to do to win is double Tim Duncan, double Bruce Bowen, and double Robert Horry. The Spurs will win by shooting 2000 technical fouls and will win the game 800-0.

Extra Stout
05-09-2006, 09:36 AM
This is a terrific game plan.

I look forward to seeing Parker and Ginobili shoot a combined 30-40. Clearly that is the best strategy for a Mavericks win.

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
#6. Sneak in stunkHouse so its 6 on 5 then you can double TIM!

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Why do the people here get so worked up by DFW writers' opinions on what the Mavs need to do to win??

Damn, the Mavs lost by 2 pts. The game was a coin flip. Do the same thing with a couple tweaks and hope to hit a couple more shots and FT's....

NowAnd tell me the last time we saw Pop bitch about the refereeing in a game?

For 48 min's during the game...none after...

Extra Stout
05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Why do the people here get so worked up by DFW writers' opinions on what the Mavs need to do to win??

Damn, the Mavs lost by 2 pts. The game was a coin flip. Do the same thing with a couple tweaks and hope to hit a couple more shots and FT's....

We have ongoing astonishment that sportswriters in a Top 10 market write as if they've paid attention to the game of basketball for all of three weeks.

Which may in fact be the case.

mabber
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
We have ongoing astonishment that sportswriters in a Top 10 market write as if they've paid attention to the game of basketball for all of three weeks.

Which may in fact be the case.

I'm not defending what that writer wrote, but be honest. Y'all would have disected & ridiculed whatever was written :lol

I barely pay attention to what beat writers have to say about game plans, etc. cuz in the end it really doesn't matter.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
I barely pay attention to what beat writers have to say about game plans, etc. cuz in the end it really doesn't matter.
Yet you feel compelled enough by the opinions of a bunch of random fans of the opposing team to throw yourself into the discussion. :lol

mabber
05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Yet you feel compelled enough by the opinions of a bunch of random fans of the opposing team to throw yourself into the discussion. :lol

Absolutely, it's all about getting feedback.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Absolutely, it's all about getting feedback.
That's why it's called a discussion board.

mabber
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
That's why it's called a discussion board.

Exactly, so do you have a point?

Hudson Hawk
05-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Mavericks will lose

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Exactly, so do you have a point?
Oh, I thought we were agreeing. Since you don't actually have anything to contribute other than throwing rocks at shit other people say, you are welcome to fuck off now.

mabber
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh, I thought we were agreeing. Since you don't actually have anything to contribute other than throwing rocks at shit other people say, you are welcome to fuck off now.

Throwing rocks??? I was just trying to understand what you meant. I'm the last person on this board to talk shit or "throw rocks" as you say.

Damn, I've already forgotten what we were initially talking about :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Basketball beat writers are just fans who get paid to do what most of you do in here for free. Some of them have the basketball IQ of a six-year old.

sprrs
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
For 48 min's during the game...none after...

Pop never, EVER whines that the refs are the reason we lose a game. He may argue a few calls during the game, but it's never an excuse for a loss.