PDA

View Full Version : "The Ticket" from Dallas is Broadcasting from SA this Morning

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
They just had a great segment with audio from their trip to the Riverwalk last night...

Listen from 9:10-9:30...it should be more of the same. You can listen online...

http://theticket.com/listen.htm

I'm sure there will be some Mavs/Spurs talk at other times if you're interested too...

PS...one of the morning show guys (Craig "Junior" Miller) is a Spurs fan...

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 08:56 AM
At 9:10 they're going to talk to some crazy French-man they found wandering around by the Riverwalk...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Let me know if they actually plan to talk about sports at some point.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:05 AM
By the way, just about everybody from 103.3 is broadcasting from San Antonio, too. Randy Galloway did his show from the AT&T Center yesterday, and we had to listen to him go on about how ugly the building is.

pache100
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
By the way, just about everybody from 103.3 is broadcasting from San Antonio, too. Randy Galloway did his show from the AT&T Center yesterday, and we had to listen to him go on about how ugly the building is.

Well, the American Airlines Center is no prize to look at from the outside. It looks like a warehouse, and it fits right into the rundown, warehouse-district-looking surroundings. If you ride the train over there from Ft Worth, you have to wade through a muddy field to get to the arena if it's raining. The only redeeming factors are the inside of the building and the Hooters down the street.

mouse
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
David Chanclore of the Ticket just said last week SpursTalk posters are morons that don't have a life and we live with our parents. and now you want SpursTalk to be part of the show? :lmao

Smackie Chan
05-09-2006, 09:13 AM
If the ticket wanted us to tune in? why won't David or Charlie ask us? why use some cheese eating intern?

Big Worm
05-09-2006, 09:19 AM

:lmao

The ticket Spam is out of control.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Well, the American Airlines Center is no prize to look at from the outside. It looks like a warehouse, and it fits right into the rundown, warehouse-district-looking surroundings. If you ride the train over there from Ft Worth, you have to wade through a muddy field to get to the arena if it's raining. The only redeeming factors are the inside of the building and the Hooters down the street.
I was sort of implying that Galloway is an idiot for bad-mouthing someone else's brand-new stadium. Do you get the implication, or do I need to be more clear?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:20 AM

The Ticket talks plenty of sports...just enough IMO. I used to listen to ESPN Radio, but kept falling asleep at the wheel...

103.3 is the home of the Mavs...of course they're there. The Ticket is the home of the Cowboys. Normally is about 10:1 Ticket : ESPN as far as local guys covering out of town events (ie, NFL draft, Super Bowl, etc)

Latest Radio ratings...The Ticket destroys ESPN Radio...
The numbers are in for the first quarter of 2006 and The Ticket reasserted itself as the sports talk king in the market, according to Arbitron.

The Ticket averaged a 3.2 share among all listeners compared with ESPN Radio's 1.3. In the previous quarter, The Ticket had edged ESPN, 2.1 to 1.7 – the closest-ever ratings race between the sports talk stations.

In the coveted demographic of men 25-54, The Ticket scored a 7.4 share, No. 2 in Dallas-Fort Worth and best among English-speaking radio stations. ESPN scored a 2.8, which was 11th.

The Ticket's best numbers were turned in by The Hardline in afternoon drive time. The show averaged a 4.4 share among all listeners and a 9.7 in the men's demographic. ESPN's Randy Galloway scored a 1.7 share among all listeners and a 3.3 with men.

If you ride the train over there from Ft Worth, you have to wade through a muddy field to get to the arena if it's raining. The only redeeming factors are the inside of the building and the Hooters down the street.

BS...I rode it a couple months ago...

David Chanclore of the Ticket just said last week SpursTalk posters are morons that don't have a life and we live with our parents. and now you want SpursTalk to be part of the show? :lmao

The original Ticket in Dallas...

The ticket Spam is out of control.

What???

Shank
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
You know the Arbitron system, as a whole, is fucked right?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:27 AM
You know the Arbitron system, as a whole, is fucked right?

Didn't know that...so what's the preferred method for determining who listens to what? :rolleyes

pache100
05-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I was sort of implying that Galloway is an idiot for bad-mouthing someone else's brand-new stadium. Do you get the implication, or do I need to be more clear?

Yes, I got the implication and agreed with you that he's an idiot. And I commented about the stadium in Dallas not being an aesthetic gem, either (so why knock someone else's?). Do I need to be more clear? Geez.

Big Worm
05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
how can anyone talk about how good the shows raitings are when
you have only one choice to what radio sports channel to tune into in the first place?

Big Worm
05-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Didn't know that...so what's the preferred method for determining who listens to what? :rolleyes

have your station do a big GTG at Dave and Buster and watch only 8 people show up. thats one way :lol

Shank
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM

The current system is based upon Arbitron's dated "diary" system. That is - diaries are mailed out to a sample that willingly fill them out. Some don't even look at the days/times in the diary and just fill in one station from 6a-midnight. Some just throw the thing in the trash. A sample of 12 people could determine and entire rating book.

In the coming years, they'll be rolling out the "PeopleMeter" - a small device that registers the radio frequency in your perimeter. That way, the numbercrunchers know what time and for how long you actually listen to a given station. The only numbers that take a hit are any online listening.

Now, to see the numbers the Ticket put up in comparison to the other stations in the Dallas market are stunning, especially when you go book-to-book. They triple in some of the demographics. That is not possible.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
have your station do a big GTG at Dave and Buster and watch only 8 people show up. thats one way :lol

LMAO...give me a break...

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:35 AM
The current system is based upon Arbitron's dated "diary" system. That is - diaries are mailed out to a sample that willingly fill them out. Some don't even look at the days/times in the diary and just fill in one station from 6a-midnight. Some just throw the thing in the trash. A sample of 12 people could determine and entire rating book.

In the coming years, they'll be rolling out the "PeopleMeter" - a small device that registers the radio frequency in your perimeter. That way, the numbercrunchers know what time and for how long you actually listen to a given station. The only numbers that take a hit are any online listening.

Now, to see the numbers the Ticket put up in comparison to the other stations in the Dallas market are stunning, especially when you go book-to-book. They triple in some of the demographics. That is not possible.

That's great, I'm sure The Ticket will dominate with whatever system they come up with...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, I got the implication and agreed with you that he's an idiot. And I commented about the stadium in Dallas not being an aesthetic gem, either (so why knock someone else's?). Do I need to be more clear? Geez.

No, you missed the implication entirely. Let me be more plain: you are an idiot for bad mouthing the stadium in retaliation, especially when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. IOW, get the fuck off my side.

mouse
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
I like this LEONARD person. You have passion and energy, what you get out of the deal? a free Ticket76 tee shirt and some beer koozies? Come work for me I have about 5,000 flyers I need to get on some car windshelds by 5 pm today PM me! :smokin

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I like this LEONARD person. You have passion and energy, what you get out of the deal? a free Ticket76 tee shirt and some beer koozies? Come work for me I have about 5,000 flyers I need to get on some car windshelds by 5 pm today PM me! :smokin

Huh?? 1310 AM and 104.1 FM THE TICKET IN DALLAS!!!

I've posted about The Ticket twice...this thread and once in the NFL forum because they were in NY covering the draft...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
The Ticket sucks. I'll be listening to the games on 93.3

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:43 AM
The Ticket sucks. I'll be listening to the games on 93.3

That's fine...I'll be watching on TV...you should get one...

The only thing about The Ticket that sucks is their weak signals, which is probably why The Bone is part of the new broadcast setup...

pache100
05-09-2006, 09:43 AM
No, you missed the implication entirely. Let me be more plain: you are an idiot for bad mouthing the stadium in retaliation, especially when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. IOW, get the fuck off my side.

I do know what the hell I'm talking about in this case (there are times I don't). I have been to both arenas many times. Neither are beautiful. That's the only damned point I was trying to make. If you think that makes me an idiot, that is more a reflection on you than me. I have never seen someone get so frickin' upset when someone agrees with them. Don't worry, asshole, I am the fuck off your side.

SA210
05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
They are ripping Stan Kelly and his sorry wanna be talent.

well deserved. :tu

mouse
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Huh?? 1310 AM and 104.1 FM THE TICKET IN DALLAS!!!

I've posted about The Ticket twice...this thread and once in the NFL forum because they were in NY covering the draft...

Psssssst! let me tell you where you messed up. If you want to pimp your Dallas Station ?

Don't use the words San Antonio and Ticket in the same sentance brah.

Pimp your show on it's own.

You would have a better chance to get us to watch BrokeBack Montain II , before you can get us to turn off the FM radio so we can tune in to hear two clowns talk bad abot Koris WebSite. :smokin

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
That's fine...I'll be watching on TV...you should get one...
:lol Of course you will be watching TV. You probably have it on in the room while you read this. Or maybe you are doing this while you are supposed to be working.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Psssssst! let me tell you where you messed up. If you want to pimp your Dallas Station ?

Don't use the words San Antonio and Ticket in the same sentance brah.

Pimp your show on it's own.

You would have a better chance to get us to watch BrokeBack Montain II , before you can get us to turn off the FM radio so we can tune in to hear two clowns talk bad abot Koris WebSite. :smokin

Pssssssst...my subject line:

"The Ticket" from Dallas is Broadcasting from SA this Morning

seems pretty clear, but I guess reading comprehension isn't a strength around here...

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:59 AM
:lol Of course you will be watching TV. You probably have it on in the room while you read this. Or maybe you are doing this while you are supposed to be working.

Yes, those are the only 2 possibilities... :rolleyes

Shank
05-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Did we miss "Muse in the News" where they - get this - READ from the newspaper?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Did we miss "Muse in the News" where they - get this - READ from the newspaper?

Yep, that's it!! They just read from the paper...wtf are you talking about?? Seriously?? :rolleyes

They talk about wheels-off news stories from around the country and Gordo interjects his own commentary along with George / Craig, which is hilarious. It's about as far from "reading from the newspaper" as it could be...

pking
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM

Wow, you obviously haven't been down there in a while. That's a GREAT area. The AAC is a sweet building in a really good location. Of course, that area has been built up alot lately. There's a brand new apartment complex in extremely close distance, the W (brand new, not even finished yet) is directly across the street. They have two new condo buildings coming up beind the W. West end is less than a mile away. The Crescent is right up the street, the Magnolia station lofts are next door to the arena...etc, etc.

I actually like the outside alot. I don't think it looks like a warehouse at all.

I don't think Galloway (who I love most of the time) was insulting the arena.. they were just saying where it's built I guess isn't a great location. I wouldn't know -- I've never seen it.

pache100
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow, you obviously haven't been down there in a while. That's a GREAT area. The AAC is a sweet building in a really good location. Of course, that area has been built up alot lately. There's a brand new apartment complex in extremely close distance, the W (brand new, not even finished yet) is directly across the street. They have two new condo buildings coming up beind the W. West end is less than a mile away. The Crescent is right up the street, the Magnolia station lofts are next door to the arena...etc, etc.

I actually like the outside alot. I don't think it looks like a warehouse at all.

I don't think Galloway (who I love most of the time) was insulting the arena.. they were just saying where it's built I guess isn't a great location. I wouldn't know -- I've never seen it.

It's been about a year and a half. There were some construction cranes in the area last time I was there, but no building yet, that I could tell. At that time (and every time I had been there up to that point), it was the pits, very depressing and industrial looking. And, I sat through a 3-hr concert with muddy, wet feet from wading across that field from the train. That building will never be attractive to me or from an architectural standpoint. It is very nice on the inside, and I love the floor murals and the decor. It may be interesting looking on the outside, but that's about it. I personally think the AT&T Center is interesting looking, too, but it will never be beautiful, either.

Shank
05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Yep, that's it!! They just read from the paper...wtf are you talking about?? Seriously?? :rolleyes

They talk about wheels-off news stories from around the country and Gordo interjects his own commentary along with George / Craig, which is hilarious. It's about as far from "reading from the newspaper" as it could be...

Ah, yes. I forgot. "Sports" radio.

Melmart1
05-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Getting back to the original intent of this thread, I am listening to the internet feed and it SUCKS ASS. The people calling in have obviously had an overdose of the Cuban Kool-Aid. The hosts aren't much better.

PeterBurns
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM

The only time I did anything with D&B it was SRO mouse...

What station are you talking about?

And yes, the Ticket in Dallas kicks ass in ratings for a sports station.
I've only heard it a few times. Pretty good stuff

pache100
05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Getting back to the original intent of this thread, I am listening to the internet feed and it SUCKS ASS. The people calling in have obviously had an overdose of the Cuban Kool-Aid. The hosts aren't much better.

:tu

I listened for a little while...then went back to Neil Young.

Spurzilla
05-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Good to know the technology is there to provide more accuracy. Any timetable on when this methodology will be in effect? Also, I'm curious to know if Birch is still around?

Party Girl
05-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Pssssssst...my subject line:

"The Ticket" from Dallas is Broadcasting from SA this Morning

seems pretty clear, but I guess reading comprehension isn't a strength around here...

Key word: San Antonio

Shank
05-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Good to know the technology is there to provide more accuracy. Any timetable on when this methodology will be in effect? Also, I'm curious to know if Birch is still around?

Supposedly, it's already being tested in smaller markets but has no bearing on the actual ratings as of yet. They're wanting to roll it out by 2008 and have it be a permanent data-collector from there on out. But of course, like anything, it will have it's flaws and will need to be replaced. Just hope it doesn't overdo it's welcome like the diaries have.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Ah, yes. I forgot. "Sports" radio.

Ok, so I shoot down your summary of what one of their segments is about, so you revert to them not talking enough "Sports??" :rolleyes I already stated in this thread that it's about 50% sports...maybe 60%, so what is your point?? This, and the fact that they have great on-air guys, is the reason they dominate ESPN Radio in DFW. How much sports talk can any person take?? I love sports, but damn. Their non-sports stuff is either hilarious or just "guy talk"...

Fake Jerry Jones, Fake Mark Cuban, Fake Tiger Woods, E-news, the Fart Game, etc etc...all good stuff...

You're listening to Norm Hitzges...the most boring (and only all-sports) guy on The Ticket. He does know his sports though...

As for the callers, does it really matter what they say??

It took 2+ hrs for anybody to READ the thread, so they missed all the good stuff this morning...

Try again after 12:00...

Key word: San Antonio

Key word: No-reading MF'ers...

SenorSpur
05-09-2006, 10:32 AM

The Dallas Ticket station is famous for the sophomoric, "frat house-style" banter and endless pranks.

I remember one time they invited Bill Schoenig on the air for an interview prior to a Spurs/Mavs playoff games back in 2003. Rather than conducting a normal, sports-related interview, they went on to insult the guy by asking him a series of contrived, non-basketball-type questions as a prank.

Once he caught onto their pranks, he asked if they invited him on to actually talk basketball or not. When they laughed, he mildly chastized them and politely ended the interview.

Of course, they berated him afterwards for "not having a sense of humor" and claimed he "should've known what to expect because of the stations' reputation for schtick". I remember reading later that he swore never to conduct another interview with that station.

I don't typically care for their style, but they do "kick ass" in the ratings and have for a long time. Fact is, when they do get around to talking sports, they can be pretty good.

Personally, I'm more of a purist and I prefer ESPN radio because of the big name guests and hardcore sports talk.

Spurzilla
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Supposedly, it's already being tested in smaller markets but has no bearing on the actual ratings as of yet. They're wanting to roll it out by 2008 and have it be a permanent data-collector from there on out. But of course, like anything, it will have it's flaws and will need to be replaced. Just hope it doesn't overdo it's welcome like the diaries have.

Nothing's perfect, but at least a device that reads the RF signal will have more accuracy than the Arbitron system, and technology can always be upgraded and improved. As for online listening, they should be able to figure that out too. Pre-1995 I remember something like this being "talked" about, good to see the implementation has actually begun.

BTW, is Birch still around?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
The Dallas Ticket station is famous for the sophomoric, "frat house-style" banter and endless pranks.

I remember one time they invited Bill Schoenig on the air for an interview prior to a Spurs/Mavs playoff games back in 2003. Rather than conducting a normal, sports-related interview, they went on to insult the guy by asking him a series of contrived, non-basketball-type questions as a prank.

Once he caught onto their pranks, he asked if they invited him on to actually talk basketball or not. When they laughed, he mildly chastized them and politely ended the interview.

Of course, they berated him afterwards for "not having a sense of humor" and claimed he "should've known what to expect because of the stations' reputation for schtick". I remember reading later that he swore never to conduct another interview with that station.

I don't typically care for their style, but they do "kick ass" in the ratings and have for a long time. Fact is, when they do get around to talking sports, they can be pretty good.

Personally, I'm more of a purist and I prefer ESPN radio because of the big name guests and hardcore sports talk.

No doubt, they love schtick...but that's NOT how most of their sports interviews are...

Hooters Girl
05-09-2006, 10:41 AM
can I take a shot at trying to break it down for LEONARD?

Dear sir

Certain words don't mesh that well,

Peewee herman and Day care center

Oj Simpson and selling knives on QVC

David Blaine and good TV

and yours: Ticket and Sports

what do you not get?

Shank
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
BTW, is Birch still around?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Birch and haven't heard anything recently. Must not be.

Tonto
05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
tonto not tune in to plae face ticket radio
unless tonto know pale face peter burns is doing show,

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
can I take a shot at trying to break it down for LEONARD?

Dear sir

Certain words don't mesh that well,

and yours: Ticket and Sports

what do you not get?

Alrighty then...

Troll
05-09-2006, 10:52 AM
tonto not tune in to plae face ticket radio
unless tonto know pale face peter burns is doing show,

RACK Tonto!

put Peter Burns on? and you got me tuning in. he is the only person to say something good about SpursTalk on live radio.

Funny thing is, he hasn't been back on the radio since then :lmao

leemajors
05-09-2006, 10:56 AM
i tune into espn radio for the dan patrick show, not much else.

mouse
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Alrighty then...

Dude relax where just jacking with you, :smokin

I kinda like the Dallas Ticket show, I have tried to call in a few times. Those assholes at MavTalk would delete any topic or post I would say asking about the show.

I would love to hear anything besides Billy Joel's top 10 songs and David Chanclores BrokeBack mountain movie reviews. but you have to admit calling more than one radio show the Ticket is not good. Can't one of the shows come up with another name? Would you call your company after ENRON?

The ticket radio has a long reputaion for not getting along with the www,
You really think it was Davd's and Charlies idea for the Instant messg. feature
they have now?

My favorite time is when Don Harris told some e mailer he was part of a bunch of morons living in thier mothers basements with no life that e mail their show,and use the PC to learn about life, Then in the same segment he told to listeners to log on to TicketSports .com to enter the NFL you pick the winner contest, :lmao

Do you go to Africa and call MLK a stupid black man and then tell the same people to vote for you?

Who really gives a rats ass why the ticket radio hates SpursTalk or myself? The sad part about it is, it does no good for anyone to keep the hate flowing and even Mr. Bias Peter Burns can agree to that.

reydawg
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
There's some serious DFW hate going on here, a lot of it unjustified.

The Ticket (Dallas) is awesome. Watching the Ticket compound last month on webcam was greatness!

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
There's some serious DFW hate going on here, a lot of it unjustified.

The Ticket (Dallas) is awesome. Watching the Ticket compound last month on webcam was greatness!

Probably the best week of Ticket broadcasting ever... :fro

Super Bowl week is great every year too...

reydawg
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Probably the best week of Ticket broadcasting ever... :fro

Super Bowl week is great every year too...

Agreed. I almost died when Mike Irvin walked by and they got him to take his shirt off, I was laughing so hard.

The White Elephant host exchange before Christmas was awesome too.

maxpower
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I can see how this particular thread is a bad indication of the members here. Some lack reading comprehension, some are delusional due to the b-grade "sports" radio we have in S.A.(Your momma jokes?!?, gmafb, and that is the better of the two local shows) and some are just the one person with unlimited usernames.

The local Ticket could stand to take a few pointers from the Dallas Ticket. I wish I could put to words the difference between the two ....I guess it's like the difference between the NFL and NFL Europe. There is just very little polish with the local shows.
( This is where the backlash comes in...."They may be a suck ass sports station but they are our suck ass sports station!").

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Agreed. I almost died when Mike Irvin walked by and they got him to take his shirt off, I was laughing so hard.

The White Elephant host exchange before Christmas was awesome too.

Yep, genius...

BaD Radio convinces Michael Irvin to take his shirt off in front of media row
http://www.bobanddan.net/media/video/danirvinshirtless.wmv

They always find a way to create a wacky moment at the Super Bowl press conference. There can be 1000 reporters there, and they'll point to Gordo to ask the 1st question. The Ticket has the weirdest luck like that...

Corby doing "Repro Man"...
http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/feb16/reproman-superbowl.mp3

Tons of stuff here:
http://www.bobanddan.com/media/video/
http://www.bobanddan.com/media/sound/
http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/grubes.html

Gay Not Gay at 12:50 today :fro

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I can see how this particular thread is a bad indication of the members here. Some lack reading comprehension, some are delusional due to the b-grade "sports" radio we have in S.A.(Your momma jokes?!?, gmafb, and that is the better of the two local shows) and some are just the one person with unlimited usernames.

The local Ticket could stand to take a few pointers from the Dallas Ticket. I wish I could put to words the difference between the two ....I guess it's like the difference between the NFL and NFL Europe. There is just very little polish with the local shows.
( This is where the backlash comes in...."They may be a suck ass sports station but they are our suck ass sports station!").

Wow...you get "it"...

reydawg
05-09-2006, 12:47 PM

I absolutely agree with everything you just said.

Sports radio in SA makes me weep. The level of discourse on this board often does too.

PeterBurns
05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it 100x.

The Ticket here needs more.....

http://site.tekotago.ac.nz/images/portraits/Will%20Ferrell%20-%20Feel%20The%20Cowbell.gif

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't typically care for their style, but they do "kick ass" in the ratings
So do the New York Knicks, "Friends" and Jerry Springer. The Ticket is for guys who don't want to pay for Sirus to listen to Stern.

mouse
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
some are just the one person with unlimited usernames.

I hate that crap also, use one name people!

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
So do the New York Knicks, "Friends" and Jerry Springer. The Ticket is for guys who don't want to pay for Sirus to listen to Stern.

Yep, that's me... :rolleyes

(I didn't listen to Stern when he was on free radio)

Hungry farmer
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it 100x.

The Ticket here needs more.....

http://site.tekotago.ac.nz/images/portraits/Will%20Ferrell%20-%20Feel%20The%20Cowbell.gif

Forget the cowbell add some

http://www.cptdean.com/images/bb_vanilla.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Yep, that's me... :rolleyes

(I didn't listen to Stern when he was on free radio)
So you were listening to bad radio while jerking off with all the other P1s. Really, why does anyone give a shit what you do? And why do you give a shit what anyone else thinks? I think the fucking ticket sucks. Get over it already. If you don't like it, go back to the godddamn loser's board where you came from.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
So you were listening to bad radio while jerking off with all the other P1s. Really, why does anyone give a shit what you do? And why do you give a shit what anyone else thinks? I think the fucking ticket sucks. Get over it already. If you don't like it, go back to the godddamn loser's board where you came from.

I don't care if people like it or not, but when they spout off garbage info about the Ticket I'll correct them...

I've only listened to the ticket for a couple years actually. I listened to 97.1 and ESPN Radio before that...

samikeyp
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
The only redeeming factors are the inside of the building and the Hooters down the street.

I have been to that Hooters...shocks no one, I know.

Also...Pache knows her stuff...I vouch for her.

Ripped Stan Kelly? GOOD! Viva Pat Tallman

I don't have a show to pimp...:depressed

Does Dick Hicks still work for the Ticket up there?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Does Dick Hicks still work for the Ticket up there?

Yep, he does AM Tickers and fills in with Kevin Scott as "The Throwdown"...

Hatfield
05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I just moved away from Dallas......I'm having ticket withdrawls. The best sports talk radio I've ever heard. Everyone around the country is copying their format. Pure greatness.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I just moved away from Dallas......I'm having ticket withdrawls. The best sports talk radio I've ever heard. Everyone around the country is copying their format. Pure greatness.

Yep, even ESPN Radio here has started doing little things like The Ticket...but they put up billboards aimed directly at ripping The Ticket for the way they do things. You gotta love the big corporation...

There are so many "The Tickets" around the US now it's comical. What's really bad are the ones that use a lot of the same terminology...P1's, Ticket Chicks, etc. And have shows like "The Hardline"...and guys named "The Hammer"...lol...

Shank
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't know if it's THAT blatant.

And Ticket listeners should know that "P1" is an old radio term defining your closest listeners. Any station can use that term.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't know if it's THAT blatant.

And Ticket listeners should know that "P1" is an old radio term defining your closest listeners. Any station can use that term.

www.ktik.com
www.790theticket.com/
http://www.accessnorthga.com/1240theticket/gene_tony.asp
www.1540theticket.com
http://www.theticket1050.com/
http://www.am1210theticket.com/
and obviously http://www.ticketsports.com/

From a quick google search...I've seen links to others...

103.3 FM now uses some drops and has a show at the end of the day that plays highlights of the day's broadcasting....

That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that knock-off "The Ticket" stations are using it along with other 1310 AM The Ticket stuff...

Spurminator
05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
To each his own, but I prefer stations like the Ticket that are about 65% sports and 35% news/humor/etc. Part of the reason ESPN Radio and the like waste so much time talking about non-stories like the Keith Hernandez "controversy" is that there simply isn't 24 hours worth of sports stories to discuss on a given day.

As it pertains to Dallas, I listen pretty religiously to Dunham & Miller and occasionally to The Hard Line. Sometimes I'll catch the Dan Patrick Show at work, but I'm not a fan of the local guys on ESPN Radio, in particular Randy Galloway, whom I liken to listening to a 4 year old kid screaming while scratching a cheese grater across a chalkboard to Ace of Base.

Shank
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
www.ktik.com
www.790theticket.com/
http://www.accessnorthga.com/1240theticket/gene_tony.asp
www.1540theticket.com
http://www.theticket1050.com/
http://www.am1210theticket.com/
and obviously http://www.ticketsports.com/

From a quick google search...I've seen links to others...

103.3 FM now uses some drops and has a show at the end of the day that plays highlights of the day's broadcasting....

That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that knock-off "The Ticket" stations are using it along with other 1310 AM The Ticket stuff...

The ESPN show isn't of the day's events - it's only of the afternoon show. And if you think the Ticket is the first station to EVER do something like that, you're an idiot. Howard Stern was the first to use drops. Again, something the Ticket didn't come up with. To their credit - the "Ticket" format has only found great success in the Dallas market. It's failed in a number of other places.

But I wouldn't give them so much credit. They're not radio pioneers.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 04:22 PM
To each his own, but I prefer stations like the Ticket that are about 65% sports and 35% news/humor/etc. Part of the reason ESPN Radio and the like waste so much time talking about non-stories like the Keith Hernandez "controversy" is that there simply isn't 24 hours worth of sports stories to discuss on a given day.

As it pertains to Dallas, I listen pretty religiously to Dunham & Miller and occasionally to The Hard Line. Sometimes I'll catch the Dan Patrick Show at work, but I'm not a fan of the local guys on ESPN Radio, in particular Randy Galloway, whom I liken to listening to a 4 year old kid screaming while scratching a cheese grater across a chalkboard to Ace of Base.
And Randy Galloway is about a thousand times more interesting than the crew that's on before Dan Patrick.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
And Randy Galloway is about a thousand times more interesting than the crew that's on before Dan Patrick.

Engel and Dennis??

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Engel and Dennis??
Thank you. I couldn't spit it out. Yeah. She's mildly interesting during the football season. She really is too fucking venemous for even me, and Steve Dennis is a walking dildo with ears.

leemajors
05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
why is colin cowherd on the air?

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Thank you. I couldn't spit it out. Yeah. She's mildly interesting during the football season. She really is too fucking venemous for even me, and Steve Dennis is a walking dildo with ears.

Dennis is the biggest schmuck around with the biggest bag of nothing and "The Little Ball of Hate" has got the most annoying voice in the world. They can't last that much longer...

Dennis has been taking shots at The Ticket due to them becoming the home of the Cowboys. Pretty lame, considering they have about 6 listeners...

PS...hell has frozen over...we agree on something!