PDA

View Full Version : What the Spurs have to do to win Game #2

SenorSpur
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
OK. Now that we're hours away from Game #2, I'm curious to know what the Spurs MUST DO to win the game tonight. I'll start by giving you a couple of my "keys to Spurs win"

1. Bowen must once again "shut down" Nowitzki.
Reason: In the two games Dallas won, Nowitzki averaged 32 points while shooting 52.3 percent. In the Spurs' three victories, he averaged 19 points on 35.4 percent shooting.

2. Win the rebounding battle

boutons_
05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
As Dirk goes, so goes the Mavs, and not only against the Spurs.

That's why he's gotten consideration for MVP.

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
OK. Now that we're hours away from Game #2, I'm curious to know what the Spurs MUST DO to win the game tonight. I'll start by giving you a couple of my "keys to Spurs win"

1. Bowen must once again "shut down" Nowitzki.
Reason: In the two games Dallas won, Nowitzki averaged 32 points while shooting 52.3 percent. In the Spurs' three victories, he averaged 19 points on 35.4 percent shooting.

2. Win the rebounding battle
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Bears/PoohRef.gif http://www.e-z.net/~vertsweb/intarsia/Intarsia-Referee_bear.JPG

officiating......

NoMoneyDown
05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
3. Parker+Manu+Barry+Horry have to shoot better than 15-of-43 (35%), collectively.

Sportman
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Spurs must keep with the same defense; nevertheless, this time they should try to defend the other players, i mean, the game 1 showed us Dirk Nowitzki is not the only player mavs have.

Tim Duncan must keep the same play, to receive the ball any time he is inside the zone, and try to take the same amount of shots.

If tony plays, he should try to do the same but maybe try to run the court a little more, something spurs almost didnt do in the game 1.

Manu must enter to the game earlier. I dont know if thatīs a pop decision or whatever, spurs needs his points and his play, sometimes it looks like the manuīs game starts only in the 4 quarter. He seems not to play the rest of the game, and sadly we watched what happened in the game 1. In the 4 quarter manu was not so confidence and he didnt look like the old manu, just because he entered to the game later.

orhe
05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
give the ball to manu early...

The Mavericks' defense dared Duncan to excel by refusing to double-team him in the first half. The idea was to keep the ball out of Ginobili's hands - he often struggles when he doesn't touch the ball early - and keep the Spurs from finding their 3 -point rhythm. The Kings used the same strategy in the first round.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14525322.htm

mabber
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
From a Mavs fan perspective, I'd be very wary of Jason Terry tonight. He's proven to be a big game performer and tonight is a big game for Dallas. Plus, he had a terrible first game. Outside of that, the Spurs should just keep doing what they're doing in regards to defending Dirk. The Mavs might win a couple of games with Dirk being slowed down how he was in the 1st game but they won't win the series unless he has at least 3 really good games (30+ pts).

Vashner
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Kick that boot.. dig that spur.. into the SKIN of the Mav's and BREAK them!

YEEE HAW

J.T.
05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I'd be wary of Stack... and his deadly airball.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
At least try and get Rasho, Nazr and Fabricio somewhat involved and let them use their collective 18 fouls to hamper Stack, Dirk, Dampier as much as they can.

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2006, 01:32 PM
If Tim will play like in the first game we will take the win.

CubanMustGo
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
4. Score more points than the Mavs.

Ballcox
05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
1. Manu needs to get going early and have a solid 20-25 point game, with a few steals and about 5-6 rebounds would be great.

2. Better bench production from Finley, Horry, Barry, etc.

3. For the love of God control the offensive boards better! Reduce 2nd chance opportunities for the Mavs (does this also mean more PT for Nazr?).

4. Continue to D up Dirk as best we can, although I have a feeling Terry will be looking to assert himself more tonight.

5. Keep Tim involved down low, he either makes his shot, draws a foul or finds open guys when doubled-all three outcomes are positive.

Go Spurs!!! :fro

sanman53
05-09-2006, 05:06 PM
4. Score more points than the Mavs.

:lol

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
A Spurs win and a belly-aching Cuban at the end of the night will be FAN-tastic!
:drunk

mookie2001
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
always have 2 bigmen on the court

recently Pop is finding it hard to stick to basketball fundamentals