PDA

View Full Version : Today Sucks!!!

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
1. Two birds (one crow and one random bird) flew in my house today and so we had to spend about 20 minutes trying to keep Deuce (my dog) away from them while we shoed them out. One of the frickin' birds took a crap on my couch while he was here -- should've just let Deuce eat them. I frickin' hate birds. :flipoff

2. We went out to somewhere about 2 miles away from our house. On the way back, all the traffic lights were out on Bandera Rd. It took from 5:07pm until 6:01pm to go the 2 miles on the way back. :flipoff

3. We get home and now the tire on the car is flat. :flipoff

If the Spurs lose tonight, I'm going to smash something.

timvp
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
*cancels the romantic post game surprise*

tlongII
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Perhaps you should close your doors so birds can't fly into your house?

spurs=bling
05-09-2006, 06:08 PM
i'm sorry about that Kori. I sorta got used to having a bad day all the time now.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Angry sex is the best.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Perhaps you should close your doors so birds can't fly into your house?

The arcadia door stays open a few inches so that Deuce can go in and out.

Oh.. I forgot, no one knows what arcadia door means ... the sliding glass door stays open a few inches so that Deuce can go in and out.

jman3000
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
:pctoss If it makes you feel better I had a final exam this morning @ 7:30 (I actually pulled an all nighter because I thought it would be harder to wake up @ 6 then stay up the whole night... I just woke up about an hour ago) and my car died at the gas station around 7. I had to wait in the car for about 20 minutes for it to cool down and proceeded to be 30 minutes late to my final. Had to walk, in a room of about 300 people, to the bottom of the auditorium and take my test in a desk next to the teacher. :pctoss

tlongII
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
i'm sorry about that Kori. I sorta got used to having a bad day all the time now.
Hey Blingy! You're too young to have a bad day all the time!

tlongII
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM
The arcadia door stays open a few inches so that Deuce can go in and out.

Oh.. I forgot, no one knows what arcadia door means ... the sliding glass door stays open a few inches so that Deuce can go in and out.

Doggie door is in order.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Well I rarely have bad days, so I guess I need to count my blessings.

I still hate freakin' birds though.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2006, 06:12 PM

Trust TLong, Bling. He knows a lot about young girls!

Kori Ellis
05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Doggie door is in order.

Doggie door is as a hassle in a glass door. Our only back door is a sliding glass door. The birds in this neighborhood would come in a doggie door too. They are very pushy. :madrun

spurs=bling
05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
if i told you what i put up with on a daily basis. you would be having a bad day too.

tlongII
05-09-2006, 06:16 PM
if i told you what i put up with on a daily basis. you would be having a bad day too.

You should talk about it with someone so it doesn't get you down. Maybe PM one of the girls here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2006, 06:19 PM

I still hate freakin' birds though.

I hate birds too.

We had a bird make a nest in a vent opening along our roofline a few years back that wasn't screened properly. One of the young birds wandered through the ceiling crawlspace and somehow managed to fall about halfway down into the wall. The mom bird followed her down and so I wake up hearing the sound of birds scratching from inside a wall on the interior of our house.

I had Mrs. Chopper open the french doors to our dining room as I proceeded to pull out a hammer and knock a hole into my dining room wall! Sure enough, as soon as the hole was big enough for a bird to escape, out flies mom. Baby soon followed and I had to catch the young bird in a box and put her up in a tree in the backyard because she wasn't quite ready to fly. But mom took care of her until she took flight.

I was glad they were ok, but I spent the better part of a day dealing with the birds and my new hole in my wall.

Sucked!!

missmyzte
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
That sucks Kori, but the Spurs are gonna win tonight so it will end all good. If they lose, it's the bird's fault for sure. :)

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."

spurs=bling
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
You should talk about it with someone so it doesn't get you down. Maybe PM one of the girls here.
well i did see something today that made me happy. something that only the people in the pic and the person who showed it to me will see

T Park
05-09-2006, 06:43 PM
shit got you all topped.

Some dumbfuck slammed on his brakes in front of me, and the guy in the right lane pulled in behind him and I couldn't slow down in time, and hit the moron, that pulled in behind him.

I would've been fine had it been open.

Now my brand new car is in the shop.

That and my shoulder hurts like a mofo cause of the strap.

1Parker1
05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I freakin hate birds too, Kori. When I was younger, I got pooped on not once, but TWICE in my short life by stupid birds. :depressed (And no, it's not funny when it happens to you :lol).

:( I can understand. Like T_long so maturely suggested (:wow), if you ever need someone to talk to, you can PM me. Sometimes, it helps to have someone (Even a stranger) listen to you rant.

midgetonadonkey
05-09-2006, 07:40 PM

SpursWoman
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I hate those fuckers, too. :cuss

True. I'm still trying to get over having the electrician come out today to do an estimate/install the dedicated lines for my a/c that they are coming out TOMORROW to start installing, and he was an hour early so Chris wasn't here yet. So he took it upon himself to walk around my house and get an idea of what he needs to do.

So I call him from work to see what's up after Chris had left work to come meet him and he never showed up. I'm trying to get a dollar amount and a time frame and all of that crap...and he tells me that I only have a 125 amp panel and I need a 200 amp or it won't support my new system (I knew this already) so I ask how much...great...another $2,000.

Well, I get home and there's a notice on my door from the City of SA electrical inspectors that there is electrical work being done on my house without a permit (WTF?) and I have 3 days to get one or they will remove my meter. Apparently this electrician, when snooping around my house, looked in through the front french doors and saw my incomplete laundry room and saw some outlets and things that were exposed when we tore down the original walls. That room has been sitting there untouched for 4 1/2 months UNTIL I COULD SAVE UP THE MONEY FOR THE ELECTRICIANS TO COMPLETE. So now what? Well, you can bet your ass BEXAR ELECTRIC is not going to get that job...or this one.

So now they will be here in the morning to start an $18,000.00 job and I have no place to plug the fuckers in.

Anyone know a good (licensed) electrician that can change out a control panel and won't snitch me off for shit we weren't even doing and have the power removed from my house?

1Parker1
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
So now they will be here in the morning to start an $18,000.00 job and I have no place to plug the fuckers in.

It's going to cost you 18 grand???? :wow That sucks.

SpursWoman
05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
All new duct work, brand new furnace & condenser. That's how much it costs. :(

DannyT
05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
The birds in this neighborhood would come in a doggie door too. They are very pushy. :madrun

maybe the birds were spies sent by the infamous mark cuban?
they were there takin pictures of your place for a terror plot thats in order to crash your site......

Vashner
05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Looter just wanted a little taste of bird..

spurs=bling
05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
:( I can understand. Like T_long so maturely suggested (:wow), if you ever need someone to talk to, you can PM me. Sometimes, it helps to have someone (Even a stranger) listen to you rant.
i'll keep that in mind.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
$18K? Hokey smokes. Sounds like time to get a home loan from Jimco.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Get a cat... cat eat bird..

1Parker1
05-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Get a cat... cat eat bird..

You Tarzan...me Jane.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Maine Coon cat. Compatible with most dogs and DEADLY bird hunter.

Faccia di Angelo
05-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Kori. I had a bad day too. I've actually had a bad couple of months. But I'm sure the spurs will make us happy.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Next time, Deuce can just eat them. I'll clean up the feathers later.

batman2883
05-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Woke up this morning, right with the rising sun, 3 little birds, were on my doorstep singing a sweet song,

ObiwanGinobili
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Maine Coon cat. Compatible with most dogs and DEADLY bird hunter.

agreed.
I ahad one once, named shadow. she kileld everythign she could get her hands on. A few bats, mice, lizards, large butterflies or grasshoppers.

and one time - the neighbor's new born puppy. :oops you can bet i threw that away and locked up my cat real quick before anyone found out.

man I miss that cat. You'd think she woulda lived forever but she was finally taken down by her own appetite. A (differnet) neighbor had put rat poisen in the trash for Raccoons. Well Shadow ate it and went belly up in the dining room.

Old School Chic
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
agreed.
I ahad one once, named shadow. she kileld everythign she could get her hands on. A few bats, mice, lizards, large butterflies or grasshoppers.

and one time - the neighbor's new born puppy. :oops you can bet i threw that away and locked up my cat real quick before anyone found out.

man I miss that cat. You'd think she woulda lived forever but she was finally taken down by her own appetite. A (differnet) neighbor had put rat poisen in the trash for Raccoons. Well Shadow ate it and went belly up in the dining room.

:depressed

I love cats!

CosmicCowboy
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
1. Two birds (one crow and one random bird) flew in my house today and so we had to spend about 20 minutes trying to keep Deuce (my dog) away from them while we shoed them out. One of the frickin' birds took a crap on my couch while he was here -- should've just let Deuce eat them. I frickin' hate birds.

:lmao

That was probably a make/female grackle...the females are much smaller and scrawnier looking...poor birds were just looking for a nice cool place to screw...it's that time of the year...

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:41 AM
I hate cats. They're so lazy

Old School Chic
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I hate cats. They're so lazy

:depressed

SpursWoman
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Speaking of dogs, did I mention that before the game last night I had to take my daughter over to her friends to pick up her homework that she'd left there and on my way back...right when I was turning the corner, 2 of them bolted out right in front of my car and I hit one of them?

It must not have been too bad, because I'd seen the headlights shine off of some tags ... so when I got out of the car to check on it and figure out who it belongs too, it and the other one bolted off down an alley. So now my drama queen daughter thinks I did it on purpose and cried all night long about it.

There was obviously a considerable amount of mojo disruption yesterday. :(

Jekka
05-10-2006, 12:52 PM
There was obviously a considerable amount of mojo disruption yesterday. :(

No kidding - it was pretty crazy around here, too. Manny didn't have the best day at work, and I finally cracked under finals pressure and turned a paper in a day late (under the prof's door at 11:58pm actually). I came back home to do yet another paper that was due at 5pm today, and had the 11 pages done by 5:30 this morning, so I figured I'd go turn it in right then so I could finally get some real sleep ...

I get to UTSucksAss and park closest to the building I'm going to, and the other building I had to go through was completely locked because it was too early for it to be open :cuss (the geniuses at UTSA moved big screen TVs into the middle of the UC hallway last year and therefore have to lock the whole damn building apparently because they couldn't just find a lockable ROOM to put them in :rolleyes). The outdoor stairs that go around it were perimeter-fenced off, and I ended up doing a fucking tour of campus trying to get in to my building. Ugh.

At least it's over.

travis2
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
No kidding - it was pretty crazy around here, too. Manny didn't have the best day at work, and I finally cracked under finals pressure and turned a paper in a day late (under the prof's door at 11:58pm actually). I came back home to do yet another paper that was due at 5pm today, and had the 11 pages done by 5:30 this morning, so I figured I'd go turn it in right then so I could finally get some real sleep ...

I get to UTSucksAss and park closest to the building I'm going to, and the other building I had to go through was completely locked because it was too early for it to be open :cuss (the geniuses at UTSA moved big screen TVs into the middle of the UC hallway last year and therefore have to lock the whole damn building apparently because they couldn't just find a lockable ROOM to put them in :rolleyes). The outdoor stairs that go around it were perimeter-fenced off, and I ended up doing a fucking tour of campus trying to get in to my building. Ugh.

At least it's over.

Does that mean you're done done?

Jekka
05-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Does that mean you're done done?

Until fall at least. This semester sucked ass - I've turned in four research papers, a group project (oh and don't even get me started on that - group from HELL), and my senior thesis in the last week. This fall is my last semester though, thank God.

travis2
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
ah...I thought with the senior thesis and all that that this was the end.

Still, it's nice to know the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train...:lol

ps...I HATE group projects...

Jekka
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I did my senior thesis a semester early so that my last semester wouldn't have so much riding on it - I'd rather fall apart this semester than my last one. With the double major I haven't gotten to take any bullshit easy "A" classes, so I've tried to time the classes as best I could.

Oh man, my group "leader" was horrible. She had a self-martyrdom complex and refused to let anyone else work on anything - she would tell us that she had turned stuff in when she hadn't and got most of our stuff in late ... she was incredibly rude to the blind guy in our group ("oh, I forgot, you can't [i]see[/] the blank stare I'm giving you.") and bitched me out the morning the last part was due because I did the paper without her since I didn't trust her. Oh well, at least I got to yell at someone that day, it was kind of cathartic.

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
05-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes Kori,

It was one of those days!

But keep this in mind, I'm having one of those lives!!!

My day started with cable telling us that they will turn off my service (the day of a Spurs games and that they have not corrected my bill for the due credits I am owed). I'm now in search of a sports bar to view the game, my car can not be fixed because my bank account is still too low (thank to TWCable) and I should have been in So. California for the past two weeks spring cleaning my place there.

My mom and I (movement here since August 05 thanks to a Hurricane called Katrina which destroyed her home and my design studio) are living in hell trying to replace, restart and move-on even with insurance and money. "Damn those birds at 6:00 in the morning that enter the fireplace and make ugly noises. I really hate the birds here!

So far today has been better.

So, You are not Alone!

Please, Please, Please, Go Spurs Go!!! My only solitude these days!

travis2
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I did my senior thesis a semester early so that my last semester wouldn't have so much riding on it - I'd rather fall apart this semester than my last one. With the double major I haven't gotten to take any bullshit easy "A" classes, so I've tried to time the classes as best I could.

Oh man, my group "leader" was horrible. She had a self-martyrdom complex and refused to let anyone else work on anything - she would tell us that she had turned stuff in when she hadn't and got most of our stuff in late ... she was incredibly rude to the blind guy in our group ("oh, I forgot, you can't [i]see[/] the blank stare I'm giving you.") and bitched me out the morning the last part was due because I did the paper without her since I didn't trust her. Oh well, at least I got to yell at someone that day, it was kind of cathartic.

My experiences were different...invariably I was in a group wherein (maybe) one other person and I did all the f***ing work because everyone else was either too f***ing clueless or too f***ing lazy.

Partnerships I can handle...if and only if I know the person I'm working with.

Otherwise, get the f*** outta my way and let me worry about my own grade, thankyouverymuch...

:lol

travis2
05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
*wondering if Kori has decided to break down and get a cat yet...*

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow you guys had some sucky days!!!! Sorry!

I woke up in the mood to spring clean and half of my room looks awesome. I re arranged furniture too.

My problem is that if I want to sleep tonight without ruining the work I've done, I have to finish cleaning the other side. :cry

travis2
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Whenever I get the urge to do something around the house, I lie down until the feeling goes away...:D

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Hahaha! And you waited until now to share the secret! :wtf :lol

Old School Chic
05-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Whenever I get the urge to do something around the house, I lie down until the feeling goes away...:D

Wow, I do that too. :spin

travis2
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Now if I could just get my wife to subscribe to that...:depressed

:spin

Vashner
05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Build a little dog house with air conditioning.. or just fan(s).

A pro dog trap door will help too. Like you said birds can get thru it but maybe not as easy. Just assuming it would keep out bird better because it closes behind the Perro.