PDA

View Full Version : Can't watch!

abstract
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
:depressed :madrun It's freaking weird that I can never watch my team, the best team on the planet. I swear every time I do they start doing bad. So I just sit in the other room and try to hold myself together and not watch. but man it's hard. I know it's a crazy superstition but it's been working since '99. So I wouldn't watch tonight, again, and hey when they lost those last times it wasn't me, and please don't blame me if they lose from other time as well (knock on wood) I think it was someone else

Vashner
05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I listen to all the games on WOAI.
I"ll maybe watch 4-5 games a year on TV the rest all radio.

And you get gametime reax. Good call and good analysis.

abstract
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
thanx

ShoogarBear
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Sounds like Jerry West. He could never watch the Lakers play when he was GM.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
:depressed :madrun It's freaking weird that I can never watch my team, the best team on the planet. I swear every time I do they start doing bad. So I just sit in the other room and try to hold myself together and not watch. but man it's hard. I know it's a crazy superstition but it's been working since '99. So I wouldn't watch tonight, again, and hey when they lost those last times it wasn't me, and please don't blame me if they lose from other time as well (knock on wood) I think it was someone else
Please take my advice and just enjoy the damn game. The first two or three games we went to, the Spurs would start doing well as soon as my girlfriend (now wife) went to the ladies' room. She started wanting to leave when the Spurs were getting beat. I told her that she had nothing to do with it. They've won three titles and she only goes when she has to. The Spurs will not be good forever, and you will regret not enjoying it more when you had the chance. My Dad is very competetive and used to be upset for a day or so after the Cowboys lost. He eventually just decided that it wasn't worth it and stopped watching. He'd be dead now if he had kept letting himself get so worked up about something over which he had no control.

nkdlunch
05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
god damn. that gotta suck. Do what u gotta do for the team.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
If they where just so good to win every game or whatever... it would be boring....

The harder the challenge the sweeter the victory..

I just don't watch cause i don't like TV not because I can't stand a loss.

nkdlunch
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
^ I agree. I say as long as they play hard. I'll be happy. SO I gotta watch, to make sure they play hard.

snowboarder
05-09-2006, 08:48 PM
how about you watch a regular season game vs. the warriors, sixers, etc.

maybe that superstition will go away

nkdlunch
05-09-2006, 08:49 PM
or watch the Spurs championship dvd while the game is on?

TimFan
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Let's shake hands. Me too. So I decide to come to Spurstalk.com and turned off my TV. Damn.
:madrun