PDA

View Full Version : Nve

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
does NOT have the fucking right to talk during a game, let alone get 2 technicals. What a fucking prick, just play the game you washed up piece of shit.

The only positive from this is he got ejected.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
This needed it's own thread??

Melmart1
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Game blog?!

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
put this in the thread called "NVE" next time.

NVE = trash mother fucking scrubby ass bitch who doesn't deserve to talk, let alone get 2 techs

Vashner
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Actually it's just good luck for me to post a complaint about the blog.. WE WILL WIN NOW!!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Not that I agree with the topic, but Pop did look unexpectedly unconcerned about NVE's ejection, almost, completely tolerant of it.

nkdlunch
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
READ THIS. we are lucky we are only down by 20 at the half. Spurs came to play like shit tonight. NVE cost us about 10 points tonight. thanks nick the quibtch

Tek_XX
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Pop's a military guy, unconcerned with the decisions of the refs.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
If NVE doesn't retire next year and some how the Spurs resign him, I will have no other option but to kill this mofo.

Texas_Ranger
He plays horibel

nkdlunch
yup. he cost us about 10 points tonight.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
he really is the worst Spur ever, agreeing with whoever said that originally

ZStomp
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Then get the hell out of here.... maybe we won't see you around here again.

Later.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

ponky
05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Nick van Exit? Nick the quick exit? Ha, thanks for helping your former team out Nick!

nkdlunch
05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
crybitches are rampaging the website tonight. nut up bitches. it's a long series.

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I ask my self: Why is NVX on our playoff roster?? There should be Sean Marks

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Melvin Saunders should be on there, not this piece of fuck NVE

ZStomp
05-09-2006, 10:27 PM
why not admit the truth..........don't be a follower be a leader.

:rolleyes

Same ol' shit by same ol' person.

Smile. And move on.

Thanks for playing.

ZStomp
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
the truth will make you not give a shit, the truth will make you not watch, and the truth will make you stop buying tickets to bullshit leagues with double agendas.

If it's BS-- stop posting here.

I don't understand why you keep following this bullshit league....because trust me you will be here tomorrow, next week, next month... and so on.

Duh.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I don't think you can fault Nick for calling the refs out, they were bending us over at that point.

ALVAREZ6
NVE is probably the next MJ.

he's gonna retire, come back with a new # and average 100 points per game and -4 turnovers.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah but he should let whoever got called for the foul complain, not his fat whiny ass.

ZStomp
05-09-2006, 10:31 PM
:lmao
funny.

2centsworth
05-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't think you can fault Nick for calling the refs out, they were bending us over at that point.it's happened before and the spurs have played threw it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
2cents,

I think the problem was that we got hit with 8 foul calls in a two minute stretch of ball. At the other end, Duncan got hacked twice with no call, and we also got tagged with an offensive foul (Duncan's third).

Sort of a perfect storm that was magnified by Pop's idiotic small ball. Where's the lineups that got us here? 63 wins? Why abandon all that in the post-season for some cute lineup trick?

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Van Exel should be left off the playoff squad

spurschick
05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
If NVE doesn't retire next year and some how the Spurs resign him, I will have no other option but to kill this mofo.

He already said that this was his last season and he'll be retiring this summer.

makedamnsure
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
He's retiring this summer? Hooray

2centsworth
05-09-2006, 11:34 PM
2cents,

I think the problem was that we got hit with 8 foul calls in a two minute stretch of ball. At the other end, Duncan got hacked twice with no call, and we also got tagged with an offensive foul (Duncan's third).

Sort of a perfect storm that was magnified by Pop's idiotic small ball. Where's the lineups that got us here? 63 wins? Why abandon all that in the post-season for some cute lineup trick?
I'm not going to disagree about the officiating, but the way to overcome that is not to lose composure. Officiating can't take the spurs out of their game or else they never would have beaten the lakers in the past.

Dre_7
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
NVE screwed up getting himslef kicked out cuz Beno was horrible. Spurs coulda used NVE shooting in the second half.

timvp
05-10-2006, 12:59 AM
The moral of the story is Beno needs to be waived. I've never seen a human play that bad of defense. NVE is a bad defender but Beno I don't even know what he's doing. Pop almost killed him at one point for giving up middle three times in a row.

But uh yeah picnroll says he's a better defender than Tony.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

timvp
05-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Oh and the Spurs are now 5-0 when NVE plays at least 10 minutes and 0-3 when he plays less than 10 minutes.

:pctoss

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh and the Spurs are now 5-0 when NVE plays at least 10 minutes and 0-3 when he plays less than 10 minutes.

you've been hanging out with Bob Ucker too much.

However, there's a little truth to what you're saying. It's more like when the Spurs play well Nick doesn't do anything to change momentum. Beno on the other hand will quickly start a 10-0 run for the opposition.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:29 AM

And you're saying NVE is the reason for these wins? Do explain.

SenorSpur
05-10-2006, 07:12 AM
I don't think you can fault Nick for calling the refs out, they were bending us over at that point.

Bullshit! Nick IS certainly at fault here. You cannot throw a tantrum and get kicked out of the game. Especially with Tony hobbled with an injury.

NVE is a gutless bastard.

ducks
05-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Van Exel's first technical came from complaining to Javie about a foul called on Tim Duncan, who was whistled for making what Van Exel believed was minimal contact on Mavericks forward Josh Howard.

The Duncan foul that earned Van Exel his first technical came with 8:35 left in the quarter.

It was clear Van Exel was still seething on the next two trips downcourt.

When Spurs coach Gregg Popovich removed him with 7:30 left, Van Exel expressed his outrage by throwing the towel. He did not throw the towel onto the court; rather, he tossed it to the baseline, with play taking place at the time at the far end of the court.

Javie had been eyeing Van Exel as he made his way to the bench, and when he threw the towel, the technical was immediate.

Van Exel was dressed and gone from the Spurs' locker room by the time the media was allowed inside.

He had, however, expressed previous frustration with Javie. After the incident in Milwaukee in 2001, Van Exel told the Denver Post that Javie "has been on me since I came into the league, basically."

"(Javie) has a grudge," Van Exel said then. "It's not fair that you pretty much know that before the game starts.

"You get into a situation where an official says something like that to me, and if I was saying something like that to him, I would be in trouble. I would get a technical. I would get thrown out of the game. But he comes up to me and tells me that 'You're a miserable person' and basically laughs in your face, and with a smirk, like 'You can't do anything about it.'"

Michael Finley, a teammate of Van Exel's for parts of two seasons in Dallas, said he did not know what it was that got Van Exel ejected.

"I don't even know how anything went down, to be honest with you," Finley said. "I turned around and he was walking out of the gym."

SenorSpur
05-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I hated all the hype that took place when the Spurs signed this guy. I've been saying all year that this guy was washed up and should have "hung it up" last year.

Everyone, including coaches, bought into his "supposed" playoff experience, clutch shooting and leadership. I'm sorry. Except for a couple of flash games during the regular season, he's been a bust.

He's never even been an average defensive player. Now that he's old and out of shape, his diminished skills are glaring. Look at the way Devin just blew by him.

Now he's compounded everything by getting ejected. What type of leadership was he demonstrating by getting ejected? This is unforgiveable.

This IS NOT an endorsement of Beno. This is all about the Spurs investing a roster spot on a guy who is past his prime and one who hasn't and probably won't contribute much in the playoffs.

nkdlunch
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I like that he got thrown out. NVE will come back with a vengeance at Dallas, his old town. I'm sure of it. I guarantee we'll win at least 1 game in Dallas.

sixeightmkw
05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
not to mention his astounding 4-23 shooting for the playoffs. There is your assasin./

picnroll
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM

You're kidding right. NeVEr sucks and I'[ll bet Pop has his ass in a sling today.

Beno couldn't stay in front of Harris but he managed a few milliseconds more than NeVEr. Parker was having a hard time too but granted he's got a couple of bad wheels.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
we really need to address the backup pg situation this offseason, beno is not gonna cut it. he came in gunning last night and was a matador on d.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I like that he got thrown out. NVE will come back with a vengeance at Dallas, his old town. I'm sure of it. I guarantee we'll win at least 1 game in Dallas.
I too think we can win one in Dallas.....but it won't be because of NVE.
I keep saying that he brings our offense to a near standstill we he is in the game. NVE has had chances to step up and really has not done much....except game 1 vs. the Kings. Then we were already in the lead so the pressure was less. Put in Beno in the game during a time where you really evaluate his progress (or lack thereof depending on your POV). I doubt those haters will be objective anyways. NVE was great player...keyword was....but now he has a hard time keeping his chair from scoring. His shooting was streaky before....back then at least it could be a hot streak, but I think the heat is gone.

Give Beno a chance. He was doing well until his injury late in the season, and now people are still basing there lack of enthusiasm for him because of the Houston game. How about some of those other games during the season before this that he had a big part in winning. If we treated TP after his rookie season like we have Beno, TP would be elsewhere people will still complain.

Gummi
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
People that say that Van Exel should be left out for the playoffs are stupid. He's playoff tested and is known for making clutch shots. Sure he's been disappointing so far, but he's wasn't signed to be our go to guy.

Let's face it, he's a backup PG and Pop wants him to give Tony some rest and control the tempo while he's out there. He's not here to light it up.

And stop with the Marks or Sanders should be on the roster instead, that's just ignorance. Nick Van Exel is on the downside but he's still a good backup PG. Show some faith.

SenorSpur
05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
People that say that Van Exel should be left out for the playoffs are stupid. He's playoff tested and is known for making clutch shots. Sure he's been disappointing so far, but he's wasn't signed to be our go to guy.

Let's face it, he's a backup PG and Pop wants him to give Tony some rest and control the tempo while he's out there. He's not here to light it up.

And stop with the Marks or Sanders should be on the roster instead, that's just ignorance. Nick Van Exel is on the downside but he's still a good backup PG. Show some faith.

The fact of the matter is he can't help the team if he throws temper tantrums and gets ejected. As long as he's been in the league, he should be above such childishness.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 03:11 PM

Clutch??? This year??? When??

pache100
05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Clutch??? This year??? When??

I'd like to know, too. Every time I ask that question, all I get is told how stupid I am and my hand slapped. That's why I quit askin'.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I'd like to know, too. Every time I ask that question, all I get is told how stupid I am and my hand slapped. That's why I quit askin'.
They keep bringing up his past history and hope he can do something when all year he he has been a weak link at best.....hell, the Spurs played better with NVE on the IR and beno as the backup. People just don't want to give Beno a chance based on last year.

I won't rub it in when Beno leaves and becomes solid PG on another team and we are still scraping trying to find one.
I truly belive Beno will play an important role this year if given a chance. He has the potential to be a Steve Kerr type of player given a fair chance.

Dre_7
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
They keep bringing up his past history and hope he can do something when all year he he has been a weak link at best.....hell, the Spurs played better with NVE on the IR and beno as the backup. People just don't want to give Beno a chance based on last year.

I won't rub it in when Beno leaves and becomes solid PG on another team and we are still scraping trying to find one.
I truly belive Beno will play an important role this year if given a chance. He has the potential to be a Steve Kerr type of player given a fair chance.

You musta missed game 2. Beno was AWFUL!

Gummi
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
When Van Exel was signed last year Pop said that one of the main reasons for his signing was his clutchness. I agree that this season he hasn't played well overal, he's had a few nice games but too few. We (spurs fans) can't expect him to light it up every game for 15-20 points. Also his playing time isn't that much so that he's able to get those type of games he had with the Mavs few years ago.

There's no reason for Van Exel to get tossed in a playoff game, an important playoff game. That was stupid, but that moment didn't seal the game for the Mavs, we were already down 10 points and the Mavs were rolling.

There's no grudge against Beno at all in my case at least. After the season when Van Exel retires, the backup PG slot is all Beno's and I like that. Beno will be a good backup PG for years to come.

mabber
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I thought Van Exel was a bad pickup for San Antonio. He was a good fit for the Mavs a couple of years ago cuz he brought attitude and toughness that the Mav team desperately needed at the time. He had a little more game than he does now as well. This Spur squad doesn't need his attitude/toughness, they just need him to hit a few shots. He looks done IMO, but he'd still scare the shit out of me if he had ball in his hands late in close game. He hit a lot of big shots in Dallas cuz of the way they played. Everyone got open shots in that style of play (similar to how Phoenix now plays).

Bloodline666
05-10-2006, 08:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that Pop had Nick Van Exel signed also for free throw shooting. But then again, he didn't get to the free throw line that much. Plus, he hasn't been all that great all season. A key factor with that is his elbow problems that forced Beno Udrih in the regular rotation for a few games.

That being said, I will say that I don't agree with what NVE did last night. However, I can understand his frustration. The officials were making bullshit calls from the word "go". And Nick's two technical fouls were two of the few correct calls made against the Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended indefinitely by Pop, or slapped with a fine by the league. (then again, this is just our opinion, "our" meaning Spurs fans collectively)

And if you think NVE has the worst attitude problem in the history of the franchise, I think you're sadly mistaken. I've seen worse; THE absolute worst attitude I've ever seen on the Spurs roster joined the team 12 years ago by way of the Sean Elliott trade to the Detroit Pistons. I shouldn't even have to mention his name.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 08:35 PM
You musta missed game 2. Beno was AWFUL!
Yup, throw him into the fire down by 15-20.....BTW the whole team was awful except Timmy.
Mr. Clutch NVE got thrown out and scored ZERO pts. He had just one assist to show for his effort. If your are clutch veteran with playoff experience one should not get thrown out.....play through the whistles. You must be mentally tough in the playoffs....that is part of being clutch.
At least Beno scored 7 pts. and 1 rebound.

Bloodline666
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Let's not forget that this isn't the first time NVE threw a towel in a Spurs uniform. Remember that one game in the Sacto series with Jalen Rose as a sideline reporter?