PDA

View Full Version : what was that chant?

Kamnik
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
i didnt hear what the crowd started to chant when manu was elbowed?

comentator didnt want to say what it was

and now when barry got a blocking foul something is getting chanted again

what?

Slydragon
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
refs suck

missmyzte
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I think it was Javie Sucks

Aggie Hoopsfan
Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck. Ref-er-ees Suck.

Kamnik
refs suck
thx

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2006, 10:51 PM
It's "ref you suck"

makedamnsure
05-09-2006, 10:55 PM
haha those stupid commentators were like "Oh the people of San Antonio are usually really nice but they're saying some bad things"

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2006, 10:58 PM
haha those stupid commentators were like "Oh the people of San Antonio are usually really nice but they're saying some bad things"

Last year some fans chanted "Bullshit" at least they didn't go that far.

makedamnsure
05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Really? During which game?

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Denver and Seattle fans last year

Tek_XX
05-09-2006, 11:18 PM
refs you suck

gmanrulz
05-09-2006, 11:22 PM
the nuggets fans were chanting bullshit in the first round against us last year also

DannyT
05-09-2006, 11:49 PM
No They Were Yellin Javy Sucks!!!!

rayray2k8
05-09-2006, 11:51 PM
You couldnt tell??

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2006, 11:57 PM
No They Were Yellin Javy Sucks!!!!

dang......u heard me from all over dis side errr town....

i was yelling

JAbby sucks too!!!!

sprrs
05-09-2006, 11:58 PM
I think it was Javie Sucks

That's what I thought it was

pking
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
It was 'Javie sucks.'

DannyT
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
dang......u heard me from all over dis side errr town....

i was yelling

JAbby sucks too!!!!

SON I HEARD YOU ALLTHE WAY FROM THE MIDDLE EAST

veronicamae
05-10-2006, 12:35 AM
It was 'refs you suck' when it first started. it may have turned into 'javie sucks' as it progressed.

blaze89
05-10-2006, 12:36 AM
On the radio, I thought I heard "Mavs Suck" but "Refs Suck" is a whole lot better.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
it was everything.. mostly ref you suck, some were saying Javie sucks, some were saying Jav you suck... blah blah blah....

Actually the coaching fucking sucked.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:22 AM
it was everything.. mostly ref you suck, some were saying Javie sucks, some were saying Jav you suck... blah blah blah....

Yeah it was one of the worst executed chants of all time. Everyone was saying something different, so you couldn't understand it at all.

But when the Mavs fans were chanting, "Let's go Mavericks" they were all in unison. :flipoff

SA210
05-10-2006, 01:27 AM
on television it seemed awesome.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:32 AM
on television it seemed awesome.

I agree, you couldn't quite understand, but the point was made.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I missed the announcement of who the refs were. From the terrace club it sounded like people were saying Jack Nies sucks. I, of course, whole heartedly chanted along. So did the customer who was standing by me. Good times! :)

On the radio is where I heard the chant was actually "Javie sucks. "

The crowd should have kept up the chanting. The spirit behind both taunting sessions was good, even if the execution was faulty.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:37 AM
On my side of the arena, they were mostly chanting Refs you suck, but a bunch of others were chanting Referrees suck and others Javie you suck and others Javie sucks.

So it was just a deafening, "Revjaviereis Sucks"

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 01:39 AM
On my side of the arena, they were mostly chanting Refs you suck, but a bunch of others were chanting Referrees suck and others Javie you suck and others Javie sucks.

So it was just a deafening, "Revjaviereis Sucks"on TV it clearing sounded llike Javey Sucks!

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:43 AM

So it was just a deafening, "Revjaviereis Sucks"

Kind of like BobWeHadABabyIt'sABoy! :lol

Frankly, I was just happy people were yelling. I wish the fans would have kept it up.
And I wish Crazy Lou had given another pep talk at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

More than anything though, I wanted to lock all the doors so people couldn't leave early. I hated hearing those Mavs fans!

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:44 AM
More than anything though, I wanted to lock all the doors so people couldn't leave early. I hated hearing those Mavs fans!

Yeah it was embarrassing that the Mavs fans were allowed to have chants that loud at "our" arena.

If I wasn't working, I would have gone crazy.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 01:45 AM
I left with 3 minutes to go in the game. I had never left a Spurs game early befoer in my life. I couldn't take it anymore, it was sick.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:46 AM
I left with 3 minutes to go in the game. I had never left a Spurs game early befoer in my life. I couldn't take it anymore, it was sick.

I almost threw up when it was over :lol but you still shouldn't leave the arena early.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah it was embarrassing that the Mavs fans were allowed to have chants that loud at "our" arena.

I missed these Mavs chants. When were these, at the end of the game? Becuase i wasn't watching

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:48 AM

Word! I have to be semi polite too because I am technically at work, even after I get off in the third.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
I almost threw up when it was over :lol but you still shouldn't leave the arena early.Yeah, I pussed out. Hopefully it will never come to that again man. Sick, way too sick.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
I missed these Mavs chants. When were these, at the end of the game? Becuase i wasn't watching

Starting late in the 3rd quarter small groups of Mavs fans started chanting, "Let's Go Mavericks" by the last few minutes of the game, it was super loud.

Spurs fans need to step up and drown that crap out.

I spent years watching the Spurs in The Forum/Staples Center against the Lakers and I would scream until my throat would almost bleed. Spurs fans need to bring their A game for 48 minutes :lol

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Starting late in the 3rd quarter small groups of Mavs fans started chanting, "Let's Go Mavericks" by the last few minutes of the game, it was super loud.

I spent years watching the Spurs in The Forum/Staples Center against the Lakers and I would scream until my throat would almost bleed. Spurs fans need to bring their A game for 48 minutes :lol

Think you could make that part of a " Girls Got Game"?

Silver21_Black20
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM

I saw you in the Spurs Fan Shop Manny, you were buying a black t-shirt. I think that was you :lol, was it?

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:52 AM

I just settle for the Spurs bringing it for 48

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 01:52 AM

Why should fans have to do that when the Spurs don't. It's typical visiting team fan behavior, wait till you go the game in the bag before you chant.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Why should fans have to do that when the Spurs don't. It's typical visiting team fan behavior, wait till you go the game in the bag before you chant.

I don't know if you were there or not, but the Mavs fans were pretty loud all game.

And the fans should do it because that's what they are supposed to do. Cheer on your team even when they are dying on the floor.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:54 AM
I heard Jason Thompson discussing our fans in the last series. He thinks, and I agree, that the problem with our fans is that most wait to cheer until something happens instead of cheering to create something.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah! That was me!

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 01:55 AM
I don't know if you were there or not, but the Mavs fans were pretty loud all game.

And the fans should do it because that's what they are supposed to do. Cheer on your team even when they are dying on the floor.

All game the Spurs played like shit, the most reaction I saw from the crowd was the ref chant.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:56 AM
I for one refuse to ever give an opponent the satisfaction of taking me out of a game. It just is not going to happen.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:56 AM

It's against human nature at the point where you're team is down 20 something to start a lame chant for a team that doesn't care. Most spurs fans were already fuming over the sorry ass play of their team oh and looking at Javies face.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:57 AM
It's against human nature at the point where you're team is down 20 something to start a lame chant for a team that doesn't care. Most spurs fans were already fuming over the sorry ass play of their team oh and looking at Javies face.

I'm not saying they should have started any lame chant. I'm saying the crowd should be cheering to drown out opponents' fans.

And how about when the Spurs were only down 8 or 10? The crowd wasn't very good today, or loud at all ouside of the ref bitching.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I for one refuse to ever give an opponent the satisfaction of taking me out of a game. It just is not going to happen.

It's not about taken out of the game, how do you expect the fans to show up when the team doesn't. The only one that came to play was Duncan, and when he got sidelined that was game.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm not saying they should have started any lame chant. I'm saying the crowd should be cheering to drown out opponents' fans.

And how about when the Spurs were only down 8 or 10? The crowd wasn't very good today, or loud at all ouside of the ref bitching.

I don't think they got it to ten in the second half.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:02 AM
I don't think they got it to ten in the second half.

I'm pointing out two different things..

a) The Spurs fans should have been able to be louder than the Mavs fans no matter what the score was in the second half.

b) The Spurs fans weren't that loud at any point in the game -- down 2, down 8, down 18 -- nothing (outside the ref chant).

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:02 AM

Why you gonna get on the crowd, the spurs gave them nothing to cheer about so yeah they turned on the refs. I don't know spurs fans have more to worry about than some loud mavs fans.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm pointing out two different things..

a) The Spurs fans should have been able to be louder than the Mavs fans no matter what the score was in the second half.

b) The Spurs fans weren't that loud at any point in the game -- down 2, down 8, down 18 -- nothing (outside the ref chant).

what about game one, when the Spurs were in it.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Why you gonna get on the crowd, the spurs gave them nothing to cheer about so yeah they turned on the refs. I don't know spurs fans have more to worry about than some loud mavs fans.

Fine, if you think it's cool for the opponents fans to be louder than the Spurs fans, that's you.

I think it's embarrassing. Just like it's embarrassing that the Spurs having 800 tickets available on the morning of playoff games or have rows and rows of empty seats at playoff games. One example, in Game 1, there was a section that had 25 seats open in a 3 row block.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Fine, if you think it's cool for the opponents fans to be louder than the Spurs fans, that's you.

I think it's embarrassing. Just like it's embarrassing that the Spurs having 800 tickets available on the morning of playoff games or have rows and rows of empty seats at playoff games. One example, in Game 1, there was a section that had 25 seats open in a 3 row block.

yeah i think it's fantastic :rolleyes

More importantly if the Spurs came to play tonight, who would've given a flying shit.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:11 AM
You act like the Spurs didn't try to win.
:lol

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:15 AM
You act like the Spurs didn't try to win.
:lol

Yeah um they tried to win the 1st quarter :depressed

Shaolin-Style
05-10-2006, 02:16 AM
it's like i said in the kings series spurs throw games to get extra cash for extra games!

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:18 AM
They tried after that too. They got outplayed. If you didn't notice, the Mavs are a very good basketball team. On some nights, they are going to be better than the Spurs. And with Bowen needing to guard a big in Dirk, that means one of the bigs has to guard JHoward -- and that's a very bad matchup. Add to that, Tony's injury and Manu's problem (sick? injured? whatever) the Spurs lost.

But don't think they don't try to win. That's crazy. They just got beat.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 02:18 AM
It's not about taken out of the game, how do you expect the fans to show up when the team doesn't. The only one that came to play was Duncan, and when he got sidelined that was game.

Look at your statement.

Isn't it ironic that you are trying to call out the Spurs for not showing up and/or quitting.

Jason was so right.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Look at your statement.

Isn't it ironic that you are trying to call the Spurs for not showing up and/or quitting.

I'm not trying to, I am calling out the Spurs they came out and laid an egg, an everytime the fans saw a sliver of light they either
a)Gave up a layup
b)turned the ball over
c)got a crappy call
The fans were taken out of the game.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:22 AM
They tried after that too. They got outplayed. If you didn't notice, the Mavs are a very good basketball team. On some nights, they are going to be better than the Spurs. And with Bowen needing to guard a big in Dirk, that means one of the bigs has to guard JHoward -- and that's a very bad matchup. Add to that, Tony's injury and Manu's problem (sick? injured? whatever) the Spurs lost.

But don't think they don't try to win. That's crazy. They just got beat.

No doubt the Mavs are good, but not 20 something points better. I think it's fair to say the effort from the Spurs was not there to win tonight. I'm guessing their tired, hopefully they can turn this around, they can't afford to give up both games at Dallas

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm not trying to, I am calling out the Spurs they came out and laid an egg, an everytime the fans saw a sliver of light they either
a)Gave up a layup
b)turned the ball over
c)got a crappy call
The fans were taken out of the game.

Even so, how can you tolerate some creeps, otherwise known as opponents :lol, come into our house and beat up on our team. Doesn't that make you angry? Isn't that alone reason enough to yell?

It is for me.

Don't you see that once the opponent gets in our and our teams head, they've won.
It is the fans' job to help keep that from happening by effecting change in the atmosphere of the building.

Fans choose to be taken out of games.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:27 AM
No doubt the Mavs are good, but not 20 something points better. I think it's fair to say the effort from the Spurs was not there to win tonight. I'm guessing their tired, hopefully they can turn this around, they can't afford to give up both games at Dallas

No, they aren't 20 points better. But it was over when the Spurs were down 10. The rest was icing.

It's Health:

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with Manu .. he looks sick and has no lift. I hope he's just tired and can sleep for 3 days.

Tony was so questionable that the night before the game he could barely walk. He had three thigh pads on his thigh and was still limping around. The trainers did a good job getting him ready. He did the best he could.

It's Matchups:

Horry can't guard JHoward. And during the season when Duncan tried to guard Howard, he went for 20 in a half (then they switched Bowen onto him). So as long as Bowen is assigned to Dirk, Howard is going to be able to go off on them.

Their options are ... let Bowen start out guarding Howard and let Horry or Duncan start on Dirk. Or go small ball from the start, let Manu guard Howard, Bowen guard Dirk, and Finley guard Terry. But then the Spurs will be killed on the boards.

Pop needs to make a game plan to adjust to what's happening. Howard gets off early and often.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:34 AM
What's wrong with Horry, he's been unproductive of late. So many people just not giving anything right now. Guys need to step up.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 02:36 AM
What's wrong with Horry, he's been unproductive of late. So many people just not giving anything right now. Guys need to step up.

He actually had a decent game one. He had 9 rebounds and played good help D.

But he needs to start hitting some big shots.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:36 AM
you guys think I'm joking about Manu and ALS or some type of extortion attempt from his home country. In a few months you'll see I was right.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:41 AM
you guys think I'm joking about Manu and ALS or some type of extortion attempt from his home country. In a few months you'll see I was right.

Manu is tired, banged up and hasn't been able to get rythm all year long. Why jump to ALS?

And the extortion thing just doesn't make any sense, what are they extorting?

Try to keep some legitamacy to your posts.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Manu is tired, banged up and hasn't been able to get rythm all year long. Why jump to ALS?

And the extortion thing just doesn't make any sense, what are they extorting?

Try to keep some legitamacy to your posts.
ALS because the guy has some unexplainable illness. He looks sick and not just hurt.

Extortion because someone has already threatened to kidnap his family.

whottt
05-10-2006, 03:09 AM
This is on Reggie the fat Coyote...Tim Derk was always able to get the crowd going before something happened. He'd get it going good too. At least back when I went to the games.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-10-2006, 03:13 AM
This is on Reggie the fat Coyote...Tim Derk was always able to get the crowd going before something happened. He'd get it going good too. At least back when I went to the games.

Boom goes the dynamite! :lol

whottt
05-10-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey...the freaking Coyote doesn't get a free pass on a game like tonight....His job is to get the crowd going.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Hey...the freaking Coyote doesn't get a free pass on a game like tonight....His job is to get the crowd going.

The Coyote was too damn nice tonight.

"Can't we all just get along?" on a sign going out to a national TV audience? :depressed

The sone
05-10-2006, 03:22 AM
lol...

Slydragon
05-10-2006, 03:49 AM
I hated in the 3rd I believe when Bowen was raising his hand for the crowd to cheer and only a few stood up and everyone else was just blah.

DannyT
05-10-2006, 07:45 AM
as far as the fans go im goin to say this.....

Have any of you all ever been to lets say a rap concert in san antonio.....its pretty lame!!!

I went to one in ATL a few years ago and the people there where how shall i say.....CRUNK!!!!!!

and in SA we just sit in our seats applaud and watch the show!!!!! it pisses artist off all the time.....i have never thought of san antonio as a GET LOUD GET HYPE GET CRUNK type of fan base ....AND I THINK IT SUCKS!!!!!

Carie
05-10-2006, 07:58 AM
I hated in the 3rd I believe when Bowen was raising his hand for the crowd to cheer and only a few stood up and everyone else was just blah.
That KILLED me. Pissed me off to no end. That and everyone leaving while there was still time left.

Did anyone notice what he was doing right before that play? He was facing the crowd across from the Mavs' bench and it looked like he was trying to talk to someone.

pache100
05-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Pop needs to make a game plan to adjust to what's happening. Howard gets off early and often.

Yes! I am probably the biggest Pop fan there is. But he let the team and the fans down last night; that loss is on him. Avery was all over the place talking about what adjustments they needed to make to control the Spurs. WE KNEW they would figure out what to do and DO IT. So, we should have been making our own adjustments and planning what we would do to counter instead of trying to play the same game as game 1. He also knew what the injury/health situation was for the Spurs last night, and it didn't look like there was any adjustment for that, either. Pop: You've got to figure out how to help those that are hurting...and, Timmy can't do it all by himself, HE HAS TO HAVE HELP. And, Pop? PLEASE BENCH VAN EXEL'S ASS. At least for one game. Please.

gameFACE
05-10-2006, 08:18 AM
My section was chanting "refs you suck". The boos were funny. Stayed til the very end like I always do. I never leave the game early. I was also messin' with Mavs fans while taking a leak. Congratulated them on their "one win" so far. They get so cocky that it's entertaining. I kindly kindly suggested they visit the three O'Brien trophy's as they left and once again thanked them for their "one win".

I've always felt that picking on the fans is like playing the ref card - just a way to deal with a loss. I mean as loud as you hear Arco Arena is it's never brought them jack.

katyon6th
05-10-2006, 08:30 AM
My throat hurts this morning I was yelling so loud last night. I got really sad when I could hear only myself chanting "Go Spurs Go". How pathetic. A couple rows behind us were a group of Mavs fans and they were horrible to listen to. I really wanted Manny to go up there and stick the fucking clickers in their mouths. That would've been fantastic.

BTW, our section was chanting "Refs You Suck".

SA210
05-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I pussed out. Hopefully it will never come to that again man. Sick, way too sick.
sellout

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Whiniest fans I've ever seen at an NBA game last night...they went crazy on even obvious fouls...