Leetonidas
05-09-2006, 11:28 PM
This is what our fucking starting lineup shoud look like:

SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Nazr Mohammed
SG - Brent Barry
PG - Tony Parker

Horry has been freakin' useless. Manu is better served coming off the bench because Barry is totally out playing him and working hard. Nazr Mohammed needs to be out there because someone needs to get us some damn offensive boards.

Anyone else agree?

Vingianx
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
bring manu off the bench for the energy and keep duncan the entire first quarter

Leetonidas
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
bring manu off the bench for the energy and keep duncan the entire first quarter

I agree. I don't see why Tim's been coming out about half way through.

LilMissSPURfect

KEEP TIMMY on for 48....helmet and pads for gino and tony.....

Amuseddaysleeper
hell, i wouldn't mind Rasho for the starting C to get the interior D intact

Fuck the small ball

I hope Pop has some killer tricks up his sleeve, or we'll be screwed for this series

Leetonidas
05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually, if Harris is starting, it may serve us better to start Rasho because we need some damn interior defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Avery made adjustments, will Pop respond?

The key to our struggles right now to me is Pop's sudden infatuation with small ball.

This team's system was not built on small ball. It wasn't built on one player over the height of 6'7" on the court with four fucking guards.

But that's where we're at right now with this squad. Nazr and Rasho reduced to cheerleaders, Duncan at center, and Horry and Bowen (BOWEN!!) taking turns playing *POWER* forward.

This team can't win a championship playing small ball. Why Pop has out-thought himself and ditched his sytem that has gotten his team three titles I don't understand.

This team looks confused on defense. They've been giving up way too many open shots in both series so far, mainly due to having to scramble so much with only one shot blocker on the court.

Further, look at the rebounding. Sacramento killed us. Tonight? Mavs were +15 on us at one point in the third quarter. They got an extra 10 shots at the offensive end, thanks in part to 10 offensive rebounds. That's not Spurs basketball.

Pop's stubborness is also to blame. He refused to hedge on the pick and roll, instead opting to switch everything. All Dallas did all night was run middle pick and roll and get Harris and Terry switched off on Duncan or Horry going to the rack full speed.

Fucking change your tactics Pop. How long does shit not have to work before you fix it?

And finally, where is the ball movement? I know Tim is playing well, fine, give him the ball when he's in. Tonight when we got staggered in the second quarter, Pop went to four guards with Oberto at center. Then proceeded to run nothing but isos. What the fuck is that? Isos? That's not Spurs basketbal either.

So yeah, the typical forum homers will come around and say "same ol' AHF, criticizing Pop.' Well, show me where I'm wrong on this. Avery doesn't even have to outcoach Pop (which he did tonight) if Pop's going to out think himself and screw with his rotations and play sets this much.

Tek_XX
What the hell is going on with Horry, he's been invisible. He looks like he'd rather be elsewhere.

Tobias
Start Rasho

orhe
ask tony not to hog the ball...

i was fucking frustrated w/ him during that 2nd quarter stretch... 6 straight shots man try to fucking involve your teammates...
you're not 100%... you don't have that explosiveness try to at least make sense w/ your ball distribution...

go to manu early
the guy has just been too passive... we need him to win the series

defense... pick and roll defense w/ harris fucking make him shoot jumpshots.
josh howard... well he's playing light outs i doubt he can keep it up

pound the ball to tim but distribute the playcalling

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
New refs

Leetonidas
05-09-2006, 11:33 PM
New refs

I hope Danny Crawford is in for this one.

Tek_XX
05-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Bottom line: tony and Manu must produce.

Tobias
05-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Bottom line: tony and Manu must produce.
:clap

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I hope Danny Crawford is in for this one.

Game one so no, I smell a Bavetta sighting, at least when he screws you the game is still close

Despot
05-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Ok, this is not meant to be a bash Pop thread, though it will undoubtedly turn into that.

On offense I think Pop is great at designing plays (especially late in the game) and also making adjustments from game to game, but is horrible at making in-game adjustments, I say that because it seems to me that he does not vary from the game plan very much, which I can't argue with considering our success. With that said, we all know that Pop stresses defense (understatement), but I am curious how everyone would rate Pop as an offensive and defensive coach on a scale from 1-10 on each.

wildbill2u
05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
What the hell is going on with Horry, he's been invisible. He looks like he'd rather be elsewhere.

That's been the rap on Horry for all his career when he starts. He disappears and it breaks your heart because he's had so much talent.

People make such a big deal out of his 'big shots' but that could also be luck.

The grind of playing well for 4 quarters has never appealed to him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Why is Horry not doing much surprising anyone? Didn't anyone pay attention when Phil did the same thing in LA? Horry faltered, rimmed out the three that would have killed us at the end of a game, and was generally a disappointment.

The sad thing is Pop obviously wasn't fucking paying attention :pctoss

It also goes back to the whole idiotic small ball thing. The Spurs system is two bigs, force everything baseline. Now we can't force anything anywhere, and are rotating Horry and Bowen at the PF.

Fucking stupid.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Small ball will kill us all

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM

CBF, this is one thing this Aggie can agree with a Horn on. :tu

Pop is cutting off his own nose to spite himself.

A-Train
05-10-2006, 12:11 AM
The Spurs need a big who is mobile, can defend out on the floor, who will hit the glass and run the floor. They used to have one.

SenorSpur
05-10-2006, 08:39 AM

It also severely limits their ability to defend the rim and get defensive rebounds. Mavs are simply getting too many second chance opportunities.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 09:09 AM
use barry as backup pg, it will at least force the mavs to change their defensive scheme a bit.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Hopefully, the 4 days off will be exactly what the doctor ordered for San Antonio. Even though it's a lame excuse, I really think fatigue played a part in both last night's game and in G1 (even tho they won). They just flat out looked whipped by the end of the 1Q last night.

yavozerb
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=TexasBalla1001]This is what our fucking starting lineup shoud look like:

SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Nazr Mohammed
SG - Brent Barry
PG - Tony Parker

Who will cover harris and howard??