PDA

View Full Version : Pop is the man

zocool16
05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
man I love how Pop never complains about the refs. Tonight would have been a perfect excuse to make a bad comment on the refs but he didn't take the bait. He said everything that happened in the game was because of the Mavericks. Gotta love Pop for not being a whiny ass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Actually he shoulda fucking called them out. This team only seems to get up to play when its backs are against the wall.

What better way to get ready for Saturday than telling your team that it's them versus the Mavs, everyone at the AAC, and the league office?

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 12:03 AM
The refs didn't account for 20 point lead, they missed alot of open looks, and should have only lost by 7 or less with the 8-5 treatment. After all last time the refs gave them the calls in the POs against the Spurs they only won by one

zocool16
05-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Actually he shoulda fucking called them out. This team only seems to get up to play when its backs are against the wall.

What better way to get ready for Saturday than telling your team that it's them versus the Mavs, everyone at the AAC, and the league office?

dude, give Pop the benefit of the doubt, at times he seems like he's not doing what he should, but he knows better. You and I both know he knows what he's doing way better than any of us. Let's just hope it works just like it has so many times before....Fuck i get tired of tempting fate like this...

Spurologist
05-10-2006, 12:04 AM
For some reason, I knew Aggie would be the first to respond

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
true, we missed 5 layups in a row, played horrible horrible transition d, etc etc

refs let everyone play, spurs played like twats

rayray2k8
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Pop is smart.
The team will look at film, make adjustments, and Im sure the spurs will play to win on Saturday...
(Damn thats too long!! But the rest is needed)

Despot
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Well, my thread got deleted so I guess I'll post it here:

On offense I think Pop is great at designing plays (especially late in the game) and also making adjustments from game to game, but is horrible at making in-game adjustments, I say that because it seems to me that he does not vary from the game plan very much, which I can't argue with considering our success. With that said, we all know that Pop stresses defense (understatement), but I am curious how everyone would rate Pop as an offensive and defensive coach on a scale from 1-10 on each.

Tigole Bitties
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
What pissed me off was Avery congratulating and patting Terry on the head after he hit that last three. WTF? Real classy, AJ. Between him and Josh Howard, they have enough lips and assholes to make a case of hotdogs.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Pop keeps his money, but that's just for the media.

If you watch Pop during games, you absolutely know he disagrees with officials a lot of times the way he yells at them or will walk up to them in a timeout and start arguing.

I believe he's one who believes it does no good to try to influence officials through the media and all it does is take money out of his pockets.

I don't think that necessarily means Pop believes what he says when he does make no comment about officials in the media.

rayray2k8
05-10-2006, 12:09 AM
What pissed me off was Avery congratulating and patting Terry on the head after he hit that last three. WTF? Real classy, AJ. Between him and Josh Howard, they have enough lips and assholes to make a case of hotdogs.

:lmao
Thats fucked up!

leemajors
05-10-2006, 12:11 AM
i think he sets a strong example for his players to follow - don't bitch about the officials to the media. it's a remarkably different strategy than, say, p jackson.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:12 AM
You and I both know he knows what he's doing way better than any of us.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing 'better' about small ball :td

dn0
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
what about you insert oberto for a hard foul to devin harris. I know that pop will not adjust during a game, send a message, do something.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Well, my thread got deleted so I guess I'll post it here:

On offense I think Pop is great at designing plays (especially late in the game) and also making adjustments from game to game, but is horrible at making in-game adjustments, I say that because it seems to me that he does not vary from the game plan very much, which I can't argue with considering our success. With that said, we all know that Pop stresses defense (understatement), but I am curious how everyone would rate Pop as an offensive and defensive coach on a scale from 1-10 on each.

Your thread didn't get deleted, it got merged with the Game 3 adjustments/Time for Pop to Step up thread.

I believe he's one who believes it does no good to try to influence officials through the media and all it does is take money out of his pockets.

Cuban and AJ both bitched about game 1. How much were they fined? Zero, and they came to SA with three refs in their pocket tonight. Yeah, talk about taking money out of their pockets :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 12:22 AM
i think he sets a strong example for his players to follow - don't bitch about the officials to the media. it's a remarkably different strategy than, say, p jackson.

or say Avery Johnson

zocool16
05-10-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm sorry, but there is nothing 'better' about small ball :td

okay maybe one of us would have called a better game scheme.