PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts On Game 2

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
- It hurt. Bad.

- Yes, the Refs sucked ass.

- No, that wasn't anywhere near the reason the Spurs lost. I was really dissapointed in our team tonight. From the NVE meltdown when he was needed the most to Manu making himself invisible and Pop not adjusting the way Avery did it was a flat out emberrasment.

- The clickers fucking suck. Never give that shit away again, EVER.

- Beno had his chance and he didn't show me a damn thing. If Pop is smart, Brent Barry becomes the backup pointguard and both NVE and Beno ride the damn pine. NVE provides more than Beno does at the moment, but his meltdown today was flat out bullshit.

- TIM DUNCAN NEEDS SOME HELP. The sad thing is that he doesn't need much, just a bit, and we couldn't even give him that tonight. THIS MEANS YOU MANU. Tony tried his ass off but is hurt. What the hell? I dare any Argentinian tell me that Manu isn't playing the worst basketball we've ever seen from him as a Spur.

- If you don't play transition D, you won't beat the Mavs. Thats pretty cut and dry and simple.

- Remember when The Mavericks beat the Spurs in 2003? Yeah, me neither. Fuck these bitches, The Spurs are still the champs and are gonna show them what that means in game 3. It's on.

DannyT
05-10-2006, 12:14 AM
We Showed A Flash Of Dee In The Begining Of The 3rd But Other Then That It Was Non-exsistent.....missin Layup And Wide Opne Looks Is Another Misfortune And Also Leavin Mav Shooters Wide The Fuck Open Doesnt Help Either

Chalk This One Up For The Genreal And Javvy .......game Three

Bring It Or Gome Home!!!!!

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah, the way Devin Harris got to the rim was just ridiculous. I'm clamoring for Rasho right now, I really am. That will free up Duncan a bit to cover the boards and will give us 2 shot blockers.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, the way Devin Harris got to the rim was just ridiculous. I'm clamoring for Rasho right now, I really am. That will free up Duncan a bit to cover the boards and will give us 2 shot blockers.

it would also get solid screens for tony and manu up top.

DannyT
05-10-2006, 12:24 AM
dude i dont know if its just me but timmys not the blocker he once was.....you can tell he doesnt have the lift to get up their for the big blocks ....but he definetly need some ayuda ....parker should get some good rest in before the next game
and hopefully manu will put hat argentinian crack pipe and get his ass back in the fuckin game !!!!!

i was really lookin for bones to help us out but i dont know what happened

leemajors
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM
timmy had 4 blocks.

Tigole Bitties
05-10-2006, 12:27 AM
More Randomness:

- Robert Horry stunk it up tonight too. He was really playing his age. Bad D, Zero offensive. Might've made some plays if he had his Rascal scooter out there.

- NVE -- good lord. What are you doing. BTW, why are the refs even looking 90 feet down court at the Spurs bench when they should be watching the foul shot?

- Someone needs to tame Josh "Mr. Ed" Howard.

- The most frustrating thing was how the Mavs were able to score a bucket everytime we had a mini-run. We just couldn't get back to back stops tonight.

- Devin Harris == Kevin Martin without the fade
bah!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:28 AM
:td The next time Pop even thinks about going small PJ needs to kick him in the junk and tell him to fuck off.

This team, our three titles, were built on two bigs and sending everything baseline. Pop suddenly thinks it's a good idea to rotate Horry and Bowen at PF and wonders why we can't stop any penetration to the rim and are getting killed on the glass.

Look in the fucking mirror you dumbass.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:30 AM
what a surprise.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 12:31 AM
I have to agree with AHF, this game would've been saved by Pop getting ejected in the 2nd instead of nick.

Sense
05-10-2006, 12:31 AM
That was the worst piece of officiating shit I've ever seen...

I would've accepted a normal loss....

But those calls were INCREDIBLE.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Oh, one more thing:

Move Robert Horry back to the bench. When Phil started him and played him 30 minutes a night a few years ago, he had his worst series ever and the Spurs went on to win title #2.

So everyone shouldn't be surprised that he can't do it for us either 3 years later. Move him back to the bench, let him come in and play his 20 minutes a night, and get shit back on track.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:34 AM
:td The next time Pop even thinks about going small PJ needs to kick him in the junk and tell him to fuck off.

This team, our three titles, were built on two bigs and sending everything baseline. Pop suddenly thinks it's a good idea to rotate Horry and Bowen at PF and wonders why we can't stop any penetration to the rim and are getting killed on the glass.

Look in the fucking mirror you dumbass.

pop deserves to get bukkaked by the Oklahoma Sooner College Republican Aliance Against the Decriminalization of Marijuana if he keeps leaving one bigman on the floor for half the gameWhat more needs to be said? Small ball doesn't fucking work. Starting Horry is draining our bench. Enough is Enough!

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Pop has lost confidence in Nazr and Rasho. That's all.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Oh, one more thing:

Move Robert Horry back to the bench. When Phil started him and played him 30 minutes a night a few years ago, he had his worst series ever and the Spurs went on to win title #2.

So everyone shouldn't be surprised that he can't do it for us either 3 years later. Move him back to the bench, let him come in and play his 20 minutes a night, and get shit back on track.Damn dude, you and I are on the same wavelength tonight.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Aggie Hoopsfan]

This team, our three titles, were built on two bigs and sending everything baseline.

[QUOTE]

:tu

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Heres the problem.

1 Horry is a bench guy, obvious you put him back.

Who the fuck do you start?!?

Mohammed is playing like dogshit

Rasho plays good D but is pathetic rebounding.

Youc an compensate for his rebounding, by Ginobili, Bowen, and Parker helping crash the boards.

I agree small ball isn't working.

I think you have to mix in some zone, and youve got to stay in front of the players better.

Parker and Ginobili were a step behind all night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:37 AM
what a surprise.

Alright Tfart, where am I wrong. Come on you little shit. Let's talk hoops.

1. Do you think the small ball is working out for the Spurs?

2. What part of small ball jives with the Spurs defensive system of two bigs and forcing everything baseline?

3. Do you feel small ball is forcing things baseline and closing down the lane like our defense is designed?

4. Did you notice how Dallas drove at will when we played Horry and later Bowen at power forward? Think about that - we had 6'6" Bruce Bowen playing mother fucking PF in the Spurs system. Does that make any sense to you?

5. Robert Horry had his worst playoffs in the last 15 years in 2003 when Phyllis played him 30+ minutes a night as a starter. Now, three years later, Pop suddenly thinks it's cute to do the same and you're all wondering why Rob isn't looking so big shot.

You never cease to amaze me Tpark, when it comes time to talk hoops you know less than Reggie Miller, and resort to going with the personal insults line of reasoning.

Step up to the hoops talk or sit down and shut the fuck up son.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Look, I dont' think Rasho is great by any means either. But he can play defense and he will free up Duncan to grab more boards. Right now when there is penetration, Duncan has to rotate every damn time which leaves the weakside open for offensive boards. Its the reason every team we play right now kills us on the boards.

With Rasho in there, the he can make some of the rotations which leaves Duncan there for boards or vice versa.

We need to win or lose with a big man in there. Even if its fucking Nazr. But fuck the small ball shit. Its sickening.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
I was surprised that Pop was adamant about playing Manu on Harris and not Parker. Either Pop was hoping to keep Parker relatively fresh, or Parker is more banged up than we know. In either event, the logical matchup was Parker on Harris and we rarely saw that.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:39 AM
You can't have Manu and Parker crashing the boards because we need to have some fast breaks and if they continuously crash, we'll never get breaks.

Vashner
I think Jerry Jones is behind this somehow.

MannyIsGod
I was surprised that Pop was adamant about playing Manu on Harris and not Parker. Either Pop was hoping to keep Parker relatively fresh, or Parker is more banged up than we know. In either event, the logical matchup was Parker on Harris and we rarely saw that.Parker was banged up extremely badly today. I hope the 3 days rest is enough to get him back to a being a bit better.

DannyT
05-10-2006, 12:41 AM
More Randomness:

- Robert Horry stunk it up tonight too. He was really playing his age. Bad D, Zero offensive. Might've made some plays if he had his Rascal scooter out there.

- NVE -- good lord. What are you doing. BTW, why are the refs even looking 90 feet down court at the Spurs bench when they should be watching the foul shot?

dude RoHo
- The most frustrating thing was how the Mavs were able to score a bucket everytime we had a mini-run. We just couldn't get back to back stops tonight.

bah!

Dude RoHo can not play 30 plus a game no more
he is a clutch shooter that comes in to shoot and maybe play some dee
but he did stink it up

yes timmy had four blocks but when they ATTACK him he cant get up with them, HE'S 7FT TALL of course he can et four blocks ewither from behinde or whatever but he just doesnt have the lift like he used to to meet them at the rim......

i dont really know what to do with NVE i really used to like this guy but i am waitin for him to do for us what he has done to US FOR YEARS ....but its just not happenin

Condemned 2 HelLA
More Randomness:

bah!

Completely fucking spot-on!
Although I think that Josh Howars looks more like Dikembe Jr. to me.

E20
This forum has gone loco up in here, it took me 1 minute to view this thread. I didn't like the following:

Rasho or Nazr didn't play significant minutes, neither did Horry, he only played 19 minutes. Manu and Tony looked like they were out of it. After every offensive possesion Tony would check his knee. Manu looked unagressive all game. The only person who looked to play was Tim Duncan. And the refs sucked. They called too many fouls that decreased our momentum and let Dallas keep theres and the Spurs were playing shitty defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Who the fuck do you start?!?

Nazr Mohammed. If it ain't working, try Rasho. Fuck, do something.

This team won a title with Nazr at center last year, going up against the Pistons no less. It's not like he'd have to face up with Ben Wallace, you're asking someone to come in, box out Diop, and get in the way when the little fuckers from Dallas come into the paint.

Our defense is fatally broken right now, and will continue to be as long as Pop sticks with the dumbfuck small ball shit he seems to think is the perfect answer.

The sad thing is if our playoff history is any insight Pop's answer will be to play Horry even more minutes, burn him out even worse, and we'll continue to get smoked on the glass and in the paint.

This team, for the entirety of the Sacramento series and both games against Dallas so far, is getting killed in the paint, and it's all because of small ball.

It blows my mind that such a conservative stick in the mud as Pop has completely abandoned the safety of his defensive system for some cute ass small ball shit that isn't stopping anything and is letting the floodgates in the lane and on the offensive glass run wide open.

Tim Duncan is playing like the mother fucking truth right now, but he can't do it all alone inside. Give him some help.

Try Nazr. If that doesn't work, try Rasho. Just do something other than this horse shit rotation we've been treated to since game 1 of Sacramento.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Come on you little shit. Let's talk hoops.

No thanks, go ahead and insult someone else.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Hes tried Nazr, hes tried Rasho.

Both have failed miserably.

Nazr in the second quarter tonight was prob as worthless a big man could be.

The Spurs are in a tight spot.

They need to go big and they aint got a big worth a shit.

DaSpurs#1
05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
ok ATT yall own so much yet yall give so little and Peter Holt, you own a friking construction vechical company, you think yall pitch in get teh Spurs fans something louder then a 2 cent clicker??? "Refs You Suck" chant > Spurs Clickers. For now on if they ever give out those stupid clickers again itll be "The Clicker Curse" so yall better not ever give us those pieces of crap again!!! ya ya the refs suck and yes i was even booing along with the croud but, the Spurs should be mentally stronger then that! We had our chance to get make it a tie game but we lost it due to our lack of defence... so far im disappointed with the series for i've yet to see a true good game by the spurs

E20
05-10-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't get why Pop would run small with the Mavericks lineup. They don't have anybody like Wells or Artest that would push anybody around. Terry, Daniels, Howard and Dirk all can be matched or over-powerd by anybody on the Spurs. I think Manu needs to come off the bench for spark as well as Horry. Start Nazr or Rasho to get some offensive rebounds or a defensive prescence inside. Also, the Spurs need to go back to playing playoff defense like '03 and '05.

E20
05-10-2006, 12:48 AM

Both have failed miserably.

Nazr in the second quarter tonight was prob as worthless a big man could be.

The Spurs are in a tight spot.

They need to go big and they aint got a big worth a shit.
Nazr and Rasho have barely played any minutes this series. Rasho played 8 and Nazr played 1 in Game 1. In Game 2 Nazr played 11 and Rasho played 3.

E20
05-10-2006, 12:49 AM
ok ATT yall own so much yet yall give so little and Peter Holt, you own a friking construction vechical company, you think yall pitch in get teh Spurs fans something louder then a 2 cent clicker??? "Refs You Suck" chant > Spurs Clickers. For now on if they ever give out those stupid clickers again itll be "The Clicker Curse" so yall better not ever give us those pieces of crap again!!! ya ya the refs suck and yes i was even booing along with the croud but, the Spurs should be mentally stronger then that! We had our chance to get make it a tie game but we lost it due to our lack of defence... so far im disappointed with the series for i've yet to see a true good game by the spurs
:lmao
I saw empty seats behind the Spurs and Mavericks bench. I was like WTF give those seats to me.

Aggie Hoopsfan

You are full of shit. Nazr played 11 minutes, Rasho 3. FOURTEEN MINUTES. COMBINED.

Game 1 they played a combine nine minutes. NINE. COMBINED.

23 minutes in two games and you say it isn't working? :lol I don't know if you noticed, but our fucking small ball isn't working. We lost by 20, at home, with those two playing a combined 14 minutes. Dallas had over half their points in the paint and outrebounded us. Do some math damnit.

How the fuck can you tell me it didn't work out, neither has been on the court long enough to even break a damn sweat.

And like I said, without those two in there, you had either 6'8" Robert Horry or 6'6" Bruce Bowen playing power forward.

That's suicide in the Spurs system. Quit trying to defend Pop, this small ball shit is fucking idiotic.

T Park
rewatch the second quarter.

Nazr Mohammed was a joke defensively, and in the 3rd quarter he was just as bad.

Rasho?

Go ahead and start him saturday.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:50 AM
The centers need to play. I hope Pop gets the fucking memo.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Quit trying to defend Pop, this small ball shit is fucking idiotic.

First off take a prozac, your childish rants are annoying.

Second,

Mohammed's minutes a majority were in the second and 3rd.

Hmm, Mavericks went on a hell of a run there.

Oh but that was pop's fault too...

SequSpur
I want to know who in the fuck ordered the clickers? They should be fucking fired.

Aggie Hoopsfan
rewatch the second quarter.

Nazr Mohammed was a joke defensively,

How can you hold Nazr to a higher standard than the rest of his teammates? Everyone sucked on D in the second. Damn if I pissed on your head and Pop told you it was rain you'd think it was yellow rain. I give up Tpark.

Tell you what, let's keep running small ball, then you can come here next weekend and try and convince us all how great that small ball shit worked when we get kicked out of the playoffs 4-1.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Mohammed's minutes a majority were in the second and 3rd.

Hmm, Mavericks went on a hell of a run there.

Oh but that was pop's fault too...

The entire Spurs squad got smoked in the second, why do you single out Nazr? He played 3 minutes of the third quarter, Dallas didn't blow open the lead from 8 to 22 in three minutes.

E20
LMAO Yellow rain.

MannyIsGod
- The clickers fucking suck. Never give that shit away again, EVER.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm all for starting any center at this point. I almost hate Nazr, but give him a chance. Hopefully he can prove me wrong. If not I know he can at least get some damn weakside boards.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
The entire Spurs squad got smoked in the second, why do you single out Nazr?

Were talking about bigs are we not??

Lower the insults and we will talk again.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 12:56 AM
I bet tpark was playing with a fuckin clicker. He's definitely the clicker type. :lol

Tigole Bitties
05-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Aren't those clickers for dog obedience training?

thundersticks > cowbells > one hand clapping > clickers

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Well Tpark, bench Duncan too then. He was on the court for part of the second as well. :rolleyes