PDA

View Full Version : Kori's Game Two Venting Thread

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 12:39 AM
In this thread, you can vent about whatever you want about Game Two, instead of starting multiple threads that I have to merge. I know Manny already has a thread about his Game 2 Thoughts, but oh well.

1. Obviously Robert Horry can't guard Josh Howard. So sadly enough, the Spurs will have to either a) Pull Bowen off Dirk and let Horry or Duncan guard Dirk while Bowen guard Howard (which sucks because Bowen does a good job at denying Dirk the ball) or b) Go small from the get-go and perhaps start Finley to guard Terry and let Manu guard Howard. I don't really want to go small from the start because the Spurs will get destroyed on the glass.

2. Where's Playoff Manu? During this time when Tony is hurt, Manu needs to be going off. He didn't do much of anything tonight when it mattered (and he didn't do much in Game One either). Time to become Playoff Manu -- I know he's still in there.

3. Spurs Fans Suck. From the 3rd quarter on Dallas fans were chanting, "Let's Go Mavericks!" so loud it was ridiculous. Spurs fans greatly outnumber Mavs fans at the AT&T, so do something about it. I'm not suggesting anyone throw down or anything. But WTF? At least chant something to drown them out.

4. NVE is a frickin' idiot. Tony is obviously hurting and NVE decides it's a good idea to get tossed :wtf :wtf

5. AJ - I'm sick of you already. I hated that Tim Duncan was talking nicely to AJ on the sidelines right after AJ got a T. And I hated it that AJ was allowed to run up and down the sidelines all the way over the midcourt line for the whole game. Back the hell up.

6. The bench - Where's the bench? Barry came on strong late in the game when nothing mattered :rolleyes but other than that the bench sucked!

7. Tim Duncan - I hope Tim went off on his teammates for not helping him out in the last two games. Tim's finally in great form and now the rest of the team is leaving him high and dry.

8. The refs - I never bitch about the refs and I don't think that the refs cost the Spurs this game. But I'm still mystified by some calls. The inadvertent whistle that turned into a jump ball was classic.

9. Tony Parker - Yeah, I don't like it that he didn't have any assists until very late either -- but I'm giving him 1/2 a pass on this one, considering that I was told that he could barely walk last night and he really thought he wasn't going to be able to play. Props to Will Sevening for getting him to the point he could at least run. Tony missed about 80 percent of his shots in warmups, so I knew he wasn't going to be awesome.

10. Game Three - The Spurs need to win Game Three. It's a "must-win" even though I hate that term. I think whoever wins Game Three wins the series.

11. This is all because of those frickin' birds (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40592).

blaze89
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
11. This is all because of those frickin' birds.

That was my first thought when I read the thread title. Will you be pulling out the Red Ryder BB Gun soon?

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
During the inadvertent whistle, Avery was 10 feet on the court complaining about Ginobili mishandling the ball.

The fucker should've been tossed.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
8. The refs - I never bitch about the refs and I don't think that the refs cost the Spurs this game. But I'm still mystified by some calls. The inadvertent whistle that turned into a jump ball was classic.

That play was inexplicable to me. I'm with you, Kori, in thinking that the officials did not effect the outcome, but that call was absurd.

RON ARTEST
05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
i hope they can bounce back in game 3.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Spurs Fans Suck. From the 3rd quarter on Dallas fans were chanting, "Let's Go Mavericks!" so loud it was ridiculous. Spurs fans greatly outnumber Mavs fans at the AT&T, so do something about it. I'm not suggesting anyone throw down or anything. But WTF? At least chant something to drown them out

Sorry, being down 20 and getting your ass whooped, I dont think your in the mood to start a chant.

I don't think that the refs cost the Spurs this game

I don't either.

But, those 2 BS calls on Duncan in the 2nd, down 6, he sits, down 20 at the half??

That has something to do with it IMO.

DDS4
I said earlier that Horry should be on Dirk and Bowen on Howard. Let Dirk get his and not let Howard score more than 20 points. But now we have to worry about Devin Harris. Our defense in the lane was horrible.

MannyIsGod
Fuck Avery. It pissed me off that the crowd didn't nkow whether to boo him or not he picked up the T and he was on the screen.

The love affair is fucking over. He's the enemy now so fuck him and his gigantic arena swallowing mouth. And he can keep his damn number, we dont' want it. Fuck AJ.

whottt
1. Obviously Robert Horry can't guard Josh Howard. So sadly enough, the Spurs will have to either a) Pull Bowen off Dirk and let Horry or Duncan guard Dirk while Bowen guard Howard (which sucks because Bowen does a good job at denying Dirk the ball) or b) Go small from the get-go and perhaps start Finley to guard Terry and let Manu guard Howard. I don't really want to go small from the start because the Spurs will get destroyed on the glass.

Horry can guard Dirk...at least he never seemed to have a problem doing it with LA...Don't judge him by the regular season. He won't do as good of a job as Bowen...but he'll shut him down when it matters most and he'll force Dirk to turn it over under pressure...Horry is great at stealing the ball in the 4th quarter...ask Duncan.

5. AJ - I'm sick of you already. I hated that Tim Duncan was talking nicely to AJ on the sidelines right after AJ got a T. And I hated it that AJ was allowed to run up and down the sidelines all the way over the midcourt line for the whole game. Back the hell up.

Kumbaya Kumbaya...AJ is our friend and a great Spur. I personally am honored to lose to AJ...he's so funny and his accent is neat. Teehee.

Just wait till you rewatch the game.

T Park
05-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Also, I agree about Avery,

leave your starters in the game 20 up, and 2 mins left in the 4th?

Fuck you avery.

You are dead to me.

angel_luv
Feel better? :)

I was so annoyed at the refs. Apparently they sucked on both ends of the floor- of course I didn't notice Dallas getting shafted.
I was thrilled that the crowd taunted Steve Javie. In that at least, the crowd rocked. Good times.

I don't know why Pop didn't play Rasho more. I am not saying we would have won if Rasho had more minutes, but there was a point, when even if for no other reason than that you tried everything else, he might as well given Sho a chance.

DubMcDub
9. Tony Parker - Yeah, I don't like it that he didn't have any assists until very late either -- but I'm giving him 1/2 a pass on this one, considering that I was told that he could barely walk last night and he really thought he wasn't going to be able to play. Props to Will Severing for getting him to the point he could at least run. Tony missed about 80 percent of his shots in warmups, so I knew he wasn't going to be awesome.

And yet Tony was probably your second best player today.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Also, I agree about Avery,

leave your starters in the game 20 up, and 2 mins left in the 4th?

Fuck you avery.

You are dead to me.

Poor baby. Did big bad Avery hurt your feelings? Were you hoping the Spurs could get the deficit under 20 and save a little face?

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 12:49 AM
1. Horry can guard Dirk.

2. Beno is once again killing the spurs by forcing them to play Van Exel.

3. Manu has some rare disease or he's being extorted. Anyone know a good PI?

4. Tony needs to get healthy.

5. Spurs need rest.

6. Spurs can win the series the next game by crushing Dallas' confidence.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 12:50 AM

I know he was. He did a good job for his condition. All year long Manu and Tim were hurt and Tony picked up the slack -- with Tony hurt the last 2 games, I thought Manu would have big games. But no such luck :(

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM
I know Horry can guard Dirk in stretches. I don't know if he can guard him 35 mpg.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM

We had a 10 way tie for 2nd best player. NVE was 12th.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 12:53 AM
We had a 10 way tie for 2nd best player. NVE was 12th.

:lol That's pretty true. I actually had to think about it when i originally posted if Tony really was the 2nd best today...and I had a very hard time deciding.

T Park
If Ginobili doesn't step it up.

Im honestly open to trade talks involving him this offseason.

A-Train
I think you go back to the regular season lineup and at least start someone at center who is a center. This team's interior D is shot to hell because Pop is already adjusting to his opponents' game. Make them adjust to yours. The Mavs can't hold their own with the Spurs in the paint. The Spurs also need a solid showing on the glass. The number of offensive boards is abyssmal and the number of one and done sets is ridiculous.

Further, if you don't start Horry then at least you aren't wearing him out by the 4th, which is when you'd like to have him available.

As for the refs, that 2nd quarter stretch was ridiculous. The Mavs should thank their lucky stars for that gift of a quarter.

Kori Ellis
No, Tony was definitely the 2nd best player for the Spurs ... that's just not saying much today.

aaronstampler
I know he was. He did a good job for his condition. All year long Manu and Tim were hurt and Tony picked up the slack -- with Tony hurt the last 2 games, I thought Manu would have big games. But no such luck :(

They're not even making an effort to give him the ball early and get him going Kori. He's always on the weakside. What happened to our bread and butter play last year where he was on the top of the key and Tim or some other big man set a screen for him?

That's like gone now. Even if does get a screen, once in a blue moon, its from the wing and not the top of the key.

whottt
Some of you evidentaly missed the calls...

A few go go back and look for...

Manu getting elbowed in the face and called for the foul.
Finley getting elbowed in the face and called for the foul.
Brent Barry having defensive position outside the circle for about 30 minutes and still getting the blocking foul.
Tim Duncan getting held by Dampier, shoved into the circle by him, and then getting called for the blocking foul.

Those are just a few...there were more...but there were about 5 fouls in that game that were Mav fouls that were called on th Spurs.

It's one thing to get no calls...it's entirely another to actually recieve a foul when it is the other team commiting it, multiple times in the same game. Blatantly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
6. The bench - Where's the bench? Barry came on strong late in the game when nothing mattered but other than that the bench sucked!

Our brilliant head coach is starting him and playing him 30 minutes at PF :rolleyes

orhe
2. Where's Playoff Manu? During this time when Tony is hurt, Manu needs to be going off. He didn't do much of anything tonight when it mattered (and he didn't do much in Game One either). Time to become Playoff Manu -- I know he's still in there.

i've been posting a lot about how manu is playing... yep he's playing badly

im trying to put sense on why. i think this is also because of how the regular season played out. last year during the 4th quarter manu was our guy... he was the spurs go to guy. this year because of injuries and the emergence of tony parker Manu's responsibility has dwindled alot and his confidence is way down.

i might be wrong but Manu to get going offensively he needs to be aggressive. to be aggressive he needs touches. non-aggressive manu = bad for the team.

with the emergence of Tim Duncan in this series and the season long playcalling pattern of the spurs Manu has played more passively... that's bad for the spurs...

the team has to make it a point to at least involve manu early in the offense...

SA210
Who guards Bennette Salvitore if we get him in Game 3?

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
They're not even making an effort to give him the ball early and get him going Kori. He's always on the weakside. What happened to our bread and butter play last year where he was on the top of the key and Tim or some other big man set a screen for him?

That's like gone now. Even if does get a screen, once in a blue moon, its from the wing and not the top of the key.

I don't know. To me, Manu looks like something is wrong with him. Because they aren't calling plays for him and the stretches of minutes he's in the game gets shorter and shorter. I don't know if he's hurt or in a funk or what. But he's only had one really good playoff game so far .. that's not good enough.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 12:56 AM

Brent Barry having defensive position outside the circle for about 30 minutes and still getting the blocking foul.
Tim Duncan getting held by Dampier, shoved into the circle by him, and then getting called for the blocking foul.

Those are just a few...there were more...but there were about 5 fouls in that game that were Mav fouls that were called on th Spurs.
Officiating was horrible but want to see the spurs improve what they can control before blaming the refs for anything.

J.T.
I think it's hilarious how AJ and Cube bitch about refs after Game 1 and then we get raped by the fucking stripes in Game 2. And right after Stern tried to wrestle HCA away from us with his bullshit scheduling. This is some total execute order 66 shit if I ever seen it.

It was also nice of the entire team minus Duncan to take the goddamn night off. Maybe the extra day of rest will help us out when we rout Mavs by 38 on Saturday.

blaze89
I don't know if fatigue was a factor - 4 games in one week (2 in a 36 hour span) but from what I saw, fatigue did play a role. the next 3.5 days should come in handy.

But give the Mavs credit, they did win 60 games this season. What will chop my ass is that all the pundits will begin to cross out the Spurs and go with the shee-shee pick of the Mavericks in the Finals.

SA210

It's one thing to get no calls...it's entirely another to actually recieve a foul when it is the other team commiting it, multiple times in the same game. Blatantly.
But you'll hear that this didn't effect the game whatsoever.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Look, either Rasho or Nazr need to start. It's as simple as that. This small ball is the #1 problem with this team right now. It's not their system, not how this team was built, not the system the players were recruited for, and not the defense any of them is familiar with.

Tim Duncan is trying like hell to hold down the fort in the paint, but Pop won't give him any help over 6'6".

If Pop doesn't shuck small ball, this series and our season is over.

2centsworth
I don't know. To me, Manu looks like something is wrong with him. Because they aren't calling plays for him and the stretches of minutes he's in the game gets shorter and shorter. I don't know if he's hurt or in a funk or what. But he's only had one really good playoff game so far .. that's not good enough.
either ALS or extortion, there's no other possible explaination.

Aggie Hoopsfan
BTW, I agree on Avery. Between his crying about the bear hugs and running up the score tonight, fuck him. Hopefully every Spurs fan got the message tonight, the love affair should be over.

It's killed or be killed, and it's time to roast the cajun.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 12:58 AM

There's a bunch of other stuff ..

Duncan's 3rd foul (the offensive one).
Jason Terry traveling more than a salesman, etc.

But very early in the game, I thought fouls were going the Spurs way that weren't right. I'm not blaming this game on the refs at all .. but the officiating wasn't good at all.

DubMcDub

We could talk about all the foul calls both in this game and in game 1 that went the Spurs way, but I wouldn't want to rain on your parade.

Acting like ref inconsistencies don't even out in the long-run is stupid. They do.

I'm glad some of the more reasonable and intelligent people (Kori, 2cents, etc.) here don't resort to incessant bitching about how the refs lost you the game.

aaronstampler

What the fuck? He's hurt. Can't you see that? Are you blind? He can't even jump. If he can't jump and he can't run as fast, he's not the same guy. Give him an offseason to heal up and he'll be fine.

Trading him would be the most retarded move in the history of the franchise. Win or lose (mostly win) he's represented us with class and dignity. He never makes excuses for his play and never calls out anybody.

Were you asking to trade Tim too when he was playing poorly most of the year because of his injury?

spurs=bling
:lol
i had to watch the game with a mavs fan. when Manu got elbowed and the Reggie was talking shit. my uncle was just laughing i threw my dogs toy at his mouth. :spin i felt better

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 12:59 AM

This might be the worst take in the history of this forum. Stupid for even you, Tpark.

Kori Ellis
Look, either Rasho or Nazr need to start. It's as simple as that. This small ball is the #1 problem with this team right now. It's not their system, not how this team was built, not the system the players were recruited for, and not the defense any of them is familiar with.

Tim Duncan is trying like hell to hold down the fort in the paint, but Pop won't give him any help over 6'6".

If Pop doesn't shuck small ball, this series and our season is over.

Okay, so go back to Rasho or Nazr .. who's guarding Dirk and who's guarding Howard?

Do you move Bowen off Dirk and let him guard Howard and then risk Tim getting in foul trouble trying to guard Dirk?

DannyT

maybe its the curse of the huge contract ......seems to happen sometimes

orhe
Avery sucks
his impression on me is he thinks the game is about him though he doesn't say it. i mean fuck off that tirade he did last year during the playoffs was completely uncalled for

SequSpur
I never liked Avery. He's overrated.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:00 AM
You know what though? As much as I hated this game, I am still optimistic about the next one.

When we play our game, we can take Dallas. The Spurs are going to get some rest, tweak some things, and come back with a vengenace on Saturday. Dallas is dead if they get at all comfortable.

rayray2k8
There were ALOT of questionable calls, but the refs didnt beat us, the mavs did.
Spurs took alot of shots from the outside and just didnt attack the basket enough, like the mavricks did.
There was hardly any ball movement in the game, and calls made by the officals got the best of them. Whinning is not gonna have the officals have calls going your way.
Spurs have 4 days to regroup, recover and retake command.
I hate seening this forum complaining about the officals, but I guess those are the ones who thought the series would be a sweep... Give me a break. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
What the fuck? He's hurt. Can't you see that? Are you blind? He can't even jump. If he can't jump and he can't run as fast, he's not the same guy. Give him an offseason to heal up and he'll be fine.

Trading him would be the most retarded move in the history of the franchise. Win or lose (mostly win) he's represented us with class and dignity. He never makes excuses for his play and never calls out anybody.

Were you asking to trade Tim too when he was playing poorly most of the year because of his injury?

What's Manu's injury? (I'm not saying you are incorrect) I just want to know what's specifically wrong with him. To me, most of the time he looks "tired". Do you think he sick more than injured? Honestly I don't know what the story is.

Smackie Chan
I don't understand when Mavs fans make these type of topics they are whining and complaining like little girls, but when Spur fans make these topics it's called venting? WTF?
Face it you got your ass waxed! move on , just like you told Mav fans after game one.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
I hate seening this forum complaining about the officals

I guess you aren't reading the posts. Everyone is saying the same thing as you are -- the officiating sucked but didn't cost the Spurs the game. Open your eyes when you read.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
There were ALOT of questionable calls, but the refs didnt beat us, the mavs did.
Spurs took alot of shots from the outside and just didnt attack the basket enough, like the mavricks did.
There was hardly any ball movement in the game, and calls made by the officals got the best of them. Whinning is not gonna have the officals have calls going your way.
Spurs have 4 days to regroup, recover and retake command.
I hate seening this forum complaining about the officals, but I guess those are the ones who thought the series would be a sweep... Give me a break. :rolleyes

Add this guy to the list of people with a brain.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I don't understand when Mavs fans make these type of topics they are whining and complaining like little girls, but when Spur fans make these topics it's called venting? WTF?
Face it you got your ass waxed! move on , just like you told Mav fans after game one.

It's called a Spurs forum.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 01:02 AM
maybe its the curse of the huge contract ......seems to happen sometimes

except he got it before last year, not this year?

T Park
05-10-2006, 01:03 AM
This might be the worst take in the history of this forum. Stupid for even you, Tpark.

no problem broken record.

Seriously,

how many postseasons are we gonna go through with the "well, Ginobili is hurt so he can't give his all"

his constant injuries, and inconsistent play, are just too much to overcome.

I stand by it.

If Ginobili doesn't do something in this series to help Duncan out,
fuck it, and put him on the block.

whottt
05-10-2006, 01:03 AM
BTW, I agree on Avery. Between his crying about the bear hugs and running up the score tonight, fuck him. Hopefully every Spurs fan got the message tonight, the love affair should be over.

It's killed or be killed, and it's time to roast the cajun.

Um...this is on Pop...Don Harris and every other fucking tool that thinks AJ is our little buddy and this series is all in the family...

What kind of freaking morons do fluff pieces on the opposing coach when a NBA championship is at stake...

AJ trashes Bruce and everyone acts like he's just being cute...

This kind of crap kills our teams killer instinct...and it starts with Pop. And secondly it's on the SA Media...

Anyone see the Dallas media doing fluff pieces on Pop? Hell no...they are ripping us to shreds...while we got Ludden, Harris and every other one of these tools kissing AJ's ass.

The players need to not watch that crap. It screws with their killer instinct.

I take that back..there is one player I know doesn't watch it...and that's Duncan...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Okay, so go back to Rasho or Nazr .. who's guarding Dirk and who's guarding Howard?

Do you move Bowen off Dirk and let him guard Howard and then risk Tim getting in foul trouble trying to guard Dirk?

Go back to the games earlier this year. Who guarded who then? At this point I say let Dirk get his and shut down the rest. The Amare defense. I'll trade a few buckets for Dirk for the sake of shutting down the lane, which right now looks like the Red Sea parted.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 01:14 AM
No disagreements here whott.

Getting Avery was the smartest thing Dallas could ever do to try and get over the SA hump.

He knows Pop's coaching schemes forwards and backwards, and psychologically he has the edge because everyone thinks he's such a nice guy from his time here.

That fucker would stab you, me, Tim, Manu, Pop, anyone on that team or in this city in the back to get his team by the Spurs, and he's already got the knife in right now.

Hopefully everyone wakes up and realizes this isn't a fucking girl scout retreat, it's war.

Das Texan
05-10-2006, 01:15 AM
What a garbage game.

We are lucky to be tied in this fucking series 1-1.

We mailed it in today. The shooting has been absolutely pathetic the first two games, not sure if its the fatigue or just sucking, probably a combination of the two.

Manu looks tired, but I really dont get it, he should have been more tired last year at this time.

Give Tony props for giving all he had tonight, at least Tony has 1 of his running mates back as Duncan is looking like the MVP Duncan. He needs more touches.

Fuck the refs, they were absolutely horrible all game long, the best part of course being the fucked up 'traveling' call that they just assumed would be occuring. Idiot bald ref.

Fuck you Avery Johnson. We had this fucking coronary a few years back for this mother fucker? I'm tired of his little game, I hope we find some testicles to win the next 3 straight games and shut up his pathethic mouth. I hope he goes down whining also and Pop figures out a way to show him who the real teacher is.

Reggie Miller is a piece of shit. Why is he the announcer in this game along with Dick? Nice job on being unbiased Reggie.

The Spurs should just activate Marks and sit Oberto or someone. At least Marks might be able to make a fucking jump shot.

and Nick Van Exel is a fucking idiot. Good job being a team player tonight. Asshole.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I'd like to see some more size out there for the Spurs, but the matchups are brutal. There was one point in the 3rd where we were playing small with Duncan as our only big and there was no one for him to guard cause Diop and Damp were both out with fouls. I think he ended up on Marquis Daniels...

The trouble with playing Rasho or Nazr is that they'll get torched by which ever mismatch they're guarding, but they don't have good enough post games to punish their own mismatches.

milkyway21
05-10-2006, 01:36 AM
In this thread, you can vent about whatever you want about Game Two, instead of starting multiple threads that I have to merge. I know Manny already has a thread about his Game 2 Thoughts, but oh well.

3. Spurs Fans Suck. From the 3rd quarter on Dallas fans were chanting, "Let's Go Mavericks!" so loud it was ridiculous. Spurs fans greatly outnumber Mavs fans at the AT&T, so do something about it. I'm not suggesting anyone throw down or anything. But WTF? At least chant something to drown them out.

4. NVE is a frickin' idiot. Tony is obviously hurting and NVE decides it's a good idea to get tossed :wtf :wtf

6. The bench - Where's the bench? Barry came on strong late in the game when nothing mattered :rolleyes but other than that the bench sucked!

7. Tim Duncan - I hope Tim went off on his teammates for not helping him out in the last two games. Tim's finally in great form and now the rest of the team is leaving him high and dry.

9. Tony Parker - Yeah, I don't like it that he didn't have any assists until very late either -- but I'm giving him 1/2 a pass on this one, considering that I was told that he could barely walk last night and he really thought he wasn't going to be able to play. Props to Will Sevening for getting him to the point he could at least run. Tony missed about 80 percent of his shots in warmups, so I knew he wasn't going to be awesome.

10. Game Three - The Spurs need to win Game Three. It's a "must-win" even though I hate that term. I think whoever wins Game Three wins the series.

what can I say Kori? you already pointed it all out.

and yeah I hated AJ even more. not after tonight's game but right after he said that "bear-hugging" thing.:cuss when Tim was practically crawling during game 1 too bec of Dampier's dirty tactics.

okay i forgive the heavily padded Tony. But not Manu...the Admiral might consider wearing Tim's jersey for now. Manu disappeared when he started wearing #20. just kiddin' :lol

3 games in 5 days is just ridiculous...i forgive the Spurs. they need a break!

TAKE GAME 3! :flag:

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Hopefully everyone wakes up and realizes this isn't a fucking girl scout retreat, it's war.

Ok, Kellen Winslow Jr. We'll see you Spurs on the battlefield!!!!

:rolleyes

LilMissSPURfect
05-10-2006, 01:40 AM
:smokin

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 01:41 AM
16. Mark Cuban looks like the cookie monster and has gained weight. The Mavs players have to hate him always clinging around them like he's one of the team. He wears terrible clothes, does nothing with his hair, and has some of the stupidest facial expressions I have seen.

...you've got to be joking. He "does nothing with his hair"?!?!? :lol.

How venemous. You're really pulling out all the stops.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Also another thing. Why was Manu guarding DHarris and Tony guarding JTerry?!

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 01:43 AM
...you've got to be joking. He "does nothing with his hair"?!?!? :lol.

How venemous. You're really pulling out all the stops.
Dude looks like Frankenstein. Him and Pop could make a freak darn good Monster movie together.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Good points Kris.

T-Pain
05-10-2006, 01:50 AM
i am venting...

~Sweetmelody~
05-10-2006, 01:54 AM
I also don't think that the refs cost the Spurs this game. But, I was going nuts with some of the calls.

I also think Spurs fans should of been screaming at the Mavs, I think it would of worked better than screaming at the refs.

Aj - man I used to like this guy but right now.... I just want to throw something at him :oops

And on a side note to Miller's quote on Ginobili getting elbowed ("What's good for the goose is good for the gander.") - Looks like Manu OWNED you in your championshipless years with the almighty Pacers

That bothered me sooooo much! :madrun I can't explain why.

You know what though? As much as I hated this game, I am still optimistic about the next one.

Angel, I feel the same way.

JHoLove
05-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Also another thing. Why was Manu guarding DHarris and Tony guarding JTerry?!

I dunnooo I was thinking the same thing, maybe because Tony's hurt and Jet's not as fast... who knows? but parker/harris would be the ideal match-up.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:56 AM
I dunnooo I was thinking the same thing, maybe because Tony's hurt and Jet's not as fast... who knows? but parker/harris would be the ideal match-up.

Yeah I imagine it's because Tony was hurt. But hurt Tony was still pretty quick .. he just didn't have any lift.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 01:59 AM
What's Manu's injury? (I'm not saying you are incorrect) I just want to know what's specifically wrong with him. To me, most of the time he looks "tired". Do you think he sick more than injured? Honestly I don't know what the story is.

Well I'm just a fan Kori living far away from Texas, and quite happily so. You're the reporter. Please do me a favor and use your access, once the Spurs playoff run is over this year to get ahold of Manu, and find out once and for all what's been wrong with him this year. CIA Pop won't tell you anything, but there has to be a reason he couldn't jump all year. He's been hurt before, but never like this. Hell, Brent coined the "El Contusion" last year, and he was just fine in the playoffs.

whottt
05-10-2006, 02:02 AM
One last vent for me....

Be nice to have Malik Rose right about now...actually it'd have been nice to have him in the Sac series as well.

baseline bum
05-10-2006, 02:04 AM
One last vent for me....

Be nice to have Malik Rose right about now...actually it'd have been nice to have him in the Sac series as well.

It wouldn't have been nice last year vs Phoenix or Detroit though.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 02:10 AM

Seriously,

how many postseasons are we gonna go through with the "well, Ginobili is hurt so he can't give his all"

I stand by it.

You're seriously an idiot. You take the "What have you done for me lately" fan stereotype to an entirely new level. First of all, he was pretty much the reason for Championship # 3, just last year. Do you not understand that? The Pistons would be two time defending champions right now if not for Manu.

2nd of all, he's already been the best player on the court in two of our eight playoff games so far. Not a great ratio, but not terrible either. Four of the other six games were blowouts, either way, so whatever he did didn't matter.
Of the other two, he had one bad game (game 3 at Sac), and one decent game (game 1 vs Dal).

I'm not any happier that he's hurt than you are, but I'm not nearly as insolent about it or spoiled or ungrateful. His playoff run last year spoiled everybody and now people act like he's a superstar and he's not allowed to play average games. He's never even averaged 17 points a game in a reg season.

Answer me this...if he was sooooooooo terrible against the Kings, why did he have the best +/- of any Spur in the series? Better than Duncan, better than Parker, better than anyone? I guess it's just a coincedence.

texas84
05-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Your own coach said the refs had nothing to do with this game. I believe him a little. I'm sure he thinks some calls were off also tho.

Let see, there was a make up call on Dampier after the foul was called on Duncan, Duncan got away with a loose ball foul on Dirk (a blatant shove/fall on the back), a foul on Terry under the basket with his arms straight up in the air when Parker shoots... fouls go both ways. Spurs had our big men in foul trouble again the whole game!

Pop said it best... it was the way the Mavs played tonight. Spurs had almost nothing outside of Duncan because of the Mavs defense and the Spurs lack of aggressivness/energy/stamina... whatever you wanna call it.

Game 3 should be a classic. Can't wait!

orhe
05-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Your own coach said the refs had nothing to do with this game. I believe him a little. I'm sure he thinks some calls were off also tho.

Let see, there was a make up call on Dampier after the foul was called on Duncan, Duncan got away with a loose ball foul on Dirk (a blatant shove/fall on the back), a foul on Terry under the basket with his arms straight up in the air when Parker shoots... fouls go both ways. Spurs had our big men in foul trouble again the whole game!

Pop said it best... it was the way the Mavs played tonight. Spurs had almost nothing outside of Duncan because of the Mavs defense and the Spurs lack of aggressivness/energy/stamina... whatever you wanna call it.

Game 3 should be a classic. Can't wait!

that's because our own coach was classy enough not to say that biatch. unlike avery

its not that there weren't questionable calls for both sides what hurts us the most was the TIMING of these calls...

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 02:28 AM
that's because our own coach was classy enough not to say that biatch. unlike avery

its not that there weren't questionable calls for both sides what hurts us the most was the TIMING of these calls...

It's a good thing you're here to interpret what's going on in Greg Poppovich's head so that you can let us all know what his real intentions are in everything he says. Where would we be without you?

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:33 AM
It's a good thing you're here to interpret what's going on in Greg Poppovich's head so that you can let us all know what his real intentions are in everything he says. Where would we be without you?
You were doing so well. Don't ruin it by trying to talk down to people.

milkyway21
05-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Um...this is on Pop...Don Harris and every other fucking tool that thinks AJ is our little buddy and this series is all in the family...

What kind of freaking morons do fluff pieces on the opposing coach when a NBA championship is at stake...

AJ trashes Bruce and everyone acts like he's just being cute...

This kind of crap kills our teams killer instinct...and it starts with Pop. And secondly it's on the SA Media...

Anyone see the Dallas media doing fluff pieces on Pop? Hell no...they are ripping us to shreds...while we got Ludden, Harris and every other one of these tools kissing AJ's ass.

The players need to not watch that crap. It screws with their killer instinct.

I take that back..there is one player I know doesn't watch it...and that's Duncan...

i've said it before ill say it again I hate AJ.

he'd better win a game or two before this series is over or else he'll be the next Adelman(:cry).
Though i like Adelman and I enjoyed watching game 6 in Sac. And the Kings fans like Duncan.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 03:04 AM
You were doing so well. Don't ruin it by trying to talk down to people.

It's pretty simple--I talk down to people who make foolish comments and deserved to be talked down to, and I show due respect and good manners to people who exhibit intelligence and reason and are willing/able to carry on a mature conversation (even in such an impersonal medium).

That's not going to change. It's irrelevant for you anyway, though, because you (from what i've seen) are certainly in the latter category.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 03:06 AM
i've said it before ill say it again I hate AJ.

he'd better win a game or two before this series is over or else he'll be the next Adelman(:cry).
Though i like Adelman and I enjoyed watching game 6 in Sac. And the Kings fans like Duncan.

How in the world would you assert that he is going to be the next Adelman? That comment really baffles me. If the Spurs win the next 3 games by 50 points each, AJ's not going anywhere. He's a HELL of a basketball coach and I know for a fact Mark Cuban and the entire organization feels very, very fortunate to have him.

johngateswhiteley
05-10-2006, 03:15 AM

11. This is all because of those frickin' birds (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40592).

1) josh howard merits attention from bowen no doubt, i would rather have dirk go off than howard. but i think the best idea is have bowen rotate on the two

2) no kidding. where the heck is manu? i can only think he must be hurting b/c he plays too hard to disappear like this

3) you got that right. the spurs fans tonight were horrible! i was there and it was pathetic at least i was yelling at some mavs fans...that was fun. i think the spurs fans are too spoiled or they think they are entitled to something

4) NVE has been horrible this entire playoffs (except very first game), and i mean horrible. the lack of a quality backup pg will need to be addressed in the offseason b/c it is killing us! maybe run brent at point some

5) notice how AJ's team is always scoring on us late in games when the outcome has already been determined. even when there is less than 24 seconds left in the game

6) the bench is old and three days off should do wonders for them

7) TD is playing great, otherwise we would be down 0-2

8) yeah, the refs cost us nothing. the spurs did not play well. the only reason the mavs got a ton of calls is b/c the spurs never rotated on defense and when your in a bad spot and someone is driving the lane your screwed

9) TP was bad tonight, but i'll give him a break b/c he was hurting

10) this is the spurs we are talking about, they will be just fine. they are smart and will make the necessary adjustments for game three. i expect the spurs to still win this series in 6

11) no reason and i mean no reason to panic. why everybody does baffles me

ponky
05-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Just answer me one thing Mavs fan, why does Cuban insist on showering with "the guys" when he's not sweaty?

This is so lame. I'm not the biggest Cuban fan but your post is pathetic. I guess this is what happens when someone can't talk about basketball. What are you, a Kings fan who jumped on the Spurs bandwagon when your team went down?

BTW, I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but, all this Avery hating has made me idolize him so much more. I really appreciate that he's our coach because it just wasn't happening with Nelly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-10-2006, 03:20 AM
This is so lame. I'm not the biggest Cuban fan but your post is pathetic. I guess this is what happens when someone can't talk about basketball. What are you, a Kings fan who jumped on the Spurs bandwagon when your team went down?

BTW, I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but, all this Avery hating has made me idolize him so much more. I really appreciate that he's our coach because it just wasn't happening with Nelly.

I don't expect you to know, but Kris is joking on the Kings thing. He's a huge Spurs fan.

Anyway, the love for Avery here is massive, although it's just not going to be during this series and I bet it will diminsh some once it's over.

There are some people here who will continue to love Avery after it's all said and done (such as myself who likes the Mavs except when they're playing the Spurs). There are some people who would rather retire the number of The Coyote instead of Avery's and there are some who have blind hatred for him because he's part of the Mavs.

The majority of Spurs fans will have some love for Avery regardless of the outcome of this series, but I can bet the love just won't be shown until one of our teams has four victories.

jcrod
05-10-2006, 03:25 AM

Quit sucking Manu's D**K. He's not hurt, it's obviously mental. If he was hurt the Spurs would've mentioned it, like they have with Tony's. He's not right, the way he's jacking up three's, he not only misses....they're way off. He's driving and turning the ball over, he's undecisive. I don't know what's up, maybe the early injuries never allowed him to get in a rythum.

ponky
05-10-2006, 03:26 AM

Popp, Timmy and Bowen work the refs ALL GAME LONG. Hell, Timmy works the refs for his own teammates. The Mavericks will argue some calls but they pick their battles, they don't whine about every single call on them. Of course it's alright to you if Popp can say something in the press conference about how TP must have a target on his thigh because he's always getting hit by opposing team players. Why do you think he mentioned that? Fishing for something? Popp doesn't have to use the press conference when he's working the refs all game long and has duncan doing the same.

ponky
05-10-2006, 03:27 AM
I don't expect you to know, but Kris is joking on the Kings thing. He's a huge Spurs fan.

Anyway, the love for Avery here is massive, although it's just not going to be during this series and I bet it will diminsh some once it's over.

There are some people here who will continue to love Avery after it's all said and done (such as myself who likes the Mavs except when they're playing the Spurs). There are some people who would rather retire the number of The Coyote instead of Avery's and there are some who have blind hatred for him because he's part of the Mavs.

The majority of Spurs fans will have some love for Avery regardless of the outcome of this series, but I can bet the love just won't be shown until one of our teams has four victories.

I feel the same way about Finley and Nash, especially Finley. I hate it when they do well against us but I still like them a lot.

milkyway21
05-10-2006, 03:32 AM
How in the world would you assert that he is going to be the next Adelman? That comment really baffles me. If the Spurs win the next 3 games by 50 points each, AJ's not going anywhere. He's a HELL of a basketball coach and I know for a fact Mark Cuban and the entire organization feels very, very fortunate to have him.really okay. for the time being...in a yr or 2.

take it easy :lol

JLH Fans
05-10-2006, 03:40 AM

I remember he had at least 2 good games against SAC.
He scored 23 and 30 at home games.

JLH Fans
05-10-2006, 03:45 AM

No.1-1 now, and Spurs have 72 hours to rest now.
To start Moha...very risky move.
Maybe if the Spurs would lose game 3.

orhe
05-10-2006, 03:56 AM
It's pretty simple--I talk down to people who make foolish comments and deserved to be talked down to, and I show due respect and good manners to people who exhibit intelligence and reason and are willing/able to carry on a mature conversation (even in such an impersonal medium).

That's not going to change. It's irrelevant for you anyway, though, because you (from what i've seen) are certainly in the latter category.

ahaha

man you are so full of it...
foolish comments?
if you have compared how pop handles certain situations (reffing) and compare it to other coaches you should know what i meant. but you were arrogant enough to actually insult me?

sure he wasn't blaming the refs for how we played but he wasn't stupid enough to see the bad calls that were going our way during key situations... the point is even if it was a close game and those calls were still made Pop will still not call that out. UNLIKE some coaches I know...

you're talking about analysing whats going on in another guys mind and doing that yourself LMAO.

can't stand people who makes themselves look good by insulting others but aren't sensitive enough to notice their faults

orhe
05-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Popp, Timmy and Bowen work the refs ALL GAME LONG. Hell, Timmy works the refs for his own teammates. The Mavericks will argue some calls but they pick their battles, they don't whine about every single call on them. Of course it's alright to you if Popp can say something in the press conference about how TP must have a target on his thigh because he's always getting hit by opposing team players. Why do you think he mentioned that? Fishing for something? Popp doesn't have to use the press conference when he's working the refs all game long and has duncan doing the same.

they are playing it inside the game... during the game not afterwards...
i don't know about that TP comment but if i was there i figure he was joking since it was really incidental geez... the guy jokes about this thing about manu...

carina_gino20
05-10-2006, 04:55 AM
let me do my share of venting...

first, whistle or no whistle, the Mavs beat the Spurs. Dirk wasn't so spectacular but he was solid for them. Howard and Harris were phenomenal. The Mavs were more aggressive, thus the calls. The Spurs couldn't get a shot to go in; sometimes they couldn't hanng on to the ball long enough to take a shot. it was just horrible. this is my take on the game:

1. Tim did a good job getting Diop and Dampier early fouls. Unfortunately, it didn't make much of a difference because he got his 3rd f***ing foul early in the 2nd.

2. I was happy when Tony was able to play but it was obvious early on that he didn't have energy or explosiveness. It's easy to forgive him then, since he was definitely sick.

3. Which makes what NVE did astoundingly stupid. It irritated me when he forced the triple just a few minutes after entering the game. That was a horrible, horrible shot. Then picked up two technicals in succession. You don't do that with your starting point guard hobbling and your third-string point guard not having played a single minute the previous game.

4. I am very very very disappointed of Manu. With Tim out with 3 fouls and Tony not having the speed tonight, you'd think he'd pick up the slack and rally his team back. What I saw was a hesitant and inconsistent player. Oh there were some flashes of Playoff Manu, but only flashes. I don't want to make excuses for him and just like most of you, I'm totally in the dark about why he's playing like this. It's an atrocity, an anomaly. Please find Manu,the guy I saw tonight was a stranger.

5. Tim was excellent again, but as concluded from the above statements, no one else shared the load with him. And he very well couldn't shoot from the bench, could he? The bench has won us a lot of games in the regular season and some key games in the Kings series and we're good as dead without their production.

6. I don't quite understand some of the lineups Pop put out there today. There was a long stretch when Tim was out (after the 3rd foul I think) that Manu wasn't on the floor. So Manu didn't do shit tonight. But I think Pop was slow to react to that one and when Manu came in, Dallas had already built a comfortable lead over us.

7. REFS SUCK. I hate the mind-games AJ is playing with the refs, and I hate the way the refs are dangling like a bunch of puppets, movnig in sync to AJ's tune. Ok, that's a bit too much. I know you should never look to the refs for help but tonight, those refs just sucked. There was that inandvertent whistle hulabaloo, the Dallas fouls turned to Spurs fouls...Everytime we made a resemblance of a run, there was always a whistle somewhere and then we lose what little momentum we've gained. When Tim picked up his 3rd foul early in the 2nd, I knew we were doomed. And it didn't help that it came through a questionable call.

So, the Spurs played like shit today. Hopefully, they can use the 4-day rest to regroup and dissect this game. I'm sure Pop has a truckload of notes by now. And please! Whatever you do Spurs, do it with passion. please.

I Still Believe

ALVAREZ6
05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
the spurs fucking suck

Streakyshooter08
05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
I would try these matchups at the beginning:

Parker- Harris
Manu- Terry
Bowen- Howard
Horry- Dirk
Duncan- Diop

I think the Mavs are sth. like 20-0 when Howard scores more than 20. They should make Dirk drive all the time and avoid 3s! They should put Bowen on the guy who is hot at the end of the game.

I hope Tony gets well an our shooters find their strokes really soon... Its a long time till saturday... damn...

ALVAREZ6
05-10-2006, 05:41 AM
The Mavs are not nearly as good as the Spurs made them look last night.

charmie21
05-10-2006, 05:46 AM
i hate the biased refs..! i hate the redundancy of the commentators.. they repeated the effect of timmy's 3rd foul over and over again that i wanted to destroy the TV..! but still, i don't worry about this loss so much, i am more concerned about tony's injuries and manu's face.. gosh, the blood terrified me.. anyway, we've been in a more tight spot before, i know they will find a way to win.. There's no way we're gonna lose this series. i still believe. We have Timmy and they don't.

Slomo
05-10-2006, 06:08 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/wanted_AJ.jpg

A-Train
05-10-2006, 07:34 AM

eh, shut the fuck up you pompous douche.

birdy219
05-10-2006, 07:55 AM
9. I can't stand Avery now because he is trying so hard to win. I hope the Spurs hang on and beat the Mavericks and Avery cries his heart out.

At least this comment made me laugh. :lol Sure let's blame Avery for trying too hard. I am just as disgusted as everybody else. :depressed I don't know what the solution is but I will keep believing and pulling for my Spurs with all my might. Last night I wanted Massenburg in the game to lay some wood on Harris and Howard. We need someone who can come in and take hard LEGAL fouls on those penetrating guards. But I will give Dallas credit for playing hard and with a purpose. I hope that our Spurs will respond with a champion's heart in the next game. Go Spurs Go!! :flag:

Sportman
05-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Spurs played badly and there are a couple of things to bear in mind:

1)-Spurs are not playing like a champion, they are allowing mavs to get a lot of offensive rebounds and their USUAL defense is totally vanished.

2)-Howard is playing GREAT basketball and it would seem there is no way to stop him, at least nobody can guard him. Nowitzki is not being amazingly the KEY of this series, beyond his numbers are good he is not playing at his highest level.

3)-Tim Duncan is the only spurs who is playing aggressively. Tony Parker is hurt, you can notice that so he is struggling with that. As some people said, i believed manu was going to come up, but he just continued doing the same thing, passing the ball and playing passively. Sometimes i think manu is still in Argentina. In fact, it seems as manu gets round the ball or something like that, i cant understand why.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 08:16 AM

Where were you last year when he helped lead us to a ring, Tfart?

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:21 AM

dirk whines about almost every call, even after he repeatedly slaps wrists going for the ball. don't act like the mavs aren't doing the same thing, avery works the refs just as much as pop.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Quit sucking Manu's D**K. He's not hurt, it's obviously mental. If he was hurt the Spurs would've mentioned it, like they have with Tony's.

So it's mental that a guy who was throwing it down on three Lakers last year can't even get up to dunk on a breakaway and has to lay it in? Neat logic.

Kamnik
05-10-2006, 08:24 AM
i got uber pissed at NVE

i didnt like him too much before but what he did was simply idiotic

ok... i understand getting a technical; everyone gets one from time to time and maybe it makes a diference with the refs

but to keep yapping his mouth after he got first and considering Tony was completely banged up and Beno hasnt had a chance to play decently in last games is unexcusable

veteran player my ass

veteran players dont choose very low percentage shots and get double technicals when your team needs you

ducks
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM

someone in the game blog said he was from argentian and he had no legs and he was 75%
not sure if it is true
if that is true why not bring him off the bench?

Sportman
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I miss this guy who once used to call MANU GINOBILI :depressed

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3844/imissmanu7cc.jpg

ducks
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM

Seriously,

I stand by it.

when is the last time manu had a great road game in playoffs
saying is number 8 he better so up all game not just in the second half like in game 6 against kings

he is injured and can not play back to back games
limited to 30 minutes a night

is he still not over that stupid turnover?
if not trade him

SA210
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I would try these matchups at the beginning:

Parker- Harris
Manu- Terry
Bowen- Howard
Horry- Dirk
Duncan- Diop

I think the Mavs are sth. like 20-0 when Howard scores more than 20. They should make Dirk drive all the time and avoid 3s! They should put Bowen on the guy who is hot at the end of the game.

I hope Tony gets well an our shooters find their strokes really soon... Its a long time till saturday... damn...
Sounds great.
But who do we get to matchup against Bennette Salvitore?

spurschick
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
I haven't had time to ready through all of this yet, so forgive me if someone has already ranted about this.

The Spurs played like ass. That's a given. But what the fuck is Darrell Armstong doing stealing the ball twice with less than 20 seconds left to go in the game?! We all know that Pop doesn't allow showboating when we've clearly blown the other team out. I really hope that AJ tore Armstrong a new one after the game. If not, he has very little class.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 09:22 AM
During the inadvertent whistle, Avery was 10 feet on the court complaining about Ginobili mishandling the ball.

The fucker should've been tossed.

Yes, without a doubt!! hahaha

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 09:23 AM
That play was inexplicable to me. I'm with you, Kori, in thinking that the officials did not effect the outcome, but that call was absurd.

Inadvertant whistle (the ball was probably hidden behind Manu and it looked like he was grabbing it)...BEFORE Duncan went to grab the ball...the whistle affected the Mavs reaction to the free ball. What option is there other than a jump ball? (which the Spurs got!)

T Park
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Inadvertant whistle (the ball was probably hidden behind Manu and it looked like he was grabbing it)...BEFORE Duncan went to grab the ball...the whistle affected the Mavs reaction to the free ball. What option is there other than a jump ball? (which the Spurs got!)

one word for homerism tripe like this.

bullshit.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 09:30 AM
one word for homerism tripe like this.

bullshit.

Tissue?

Amazing that an inadvertant whistle in which the Spurs STILL GOT THE BALL BACK is causing so much distress with you people...

yavozerb
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
If the spurs dont have anyone to slow D. Harris please tell whoever is guarding him to sit back and make this guy hit a jump shot!!!!!! I dont think I can remember him even attempting one last night..

A-Train
05-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Tissue?

Amazing that an inadvertant whistle in which the Spurs STILL GOT THE BALL BACK is causing so much distress with you people...

How about Duncan's 2nd foul for breathing on a Mav? That's the real issue.

T Park
05-10-2006, 09:32 AM

That's not going to change. It's irrelevant for you anyway, though, because you (from what i've seen) are certainly in the latter category

STFU, and show respect boy.

That's not going to change. It's irrelevant for you anyway, though, because you (from what i've seen) are certainly in the latter category

injured again, what a surprise.

Where were you last year when he helped lead us to a ring, Tfart?

Im gonna hold him up to the same what have you done for me lately standard that you held up for Malik Rose.

Would be nice if you were more consistent...

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Spurs will not beat Detroit with this half-assed bullshit they've been pulling with the Kings and the Mavs. Detroit will kill us, if we don't snap out of it by the time Finals come around.

T Park
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Amazing that an inadvertant whistle in which the Spurs STILL GOT THE BALL BACK is causing so much distress with you people

Amazing how you can't see the truth through your green and purple glasses.

easjer
05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I turned off the game after the string of bad calls culminating in Duncan's third foul (which was a bullshit call). I'd had a bad day, knew today wouldn't be any better (I have Mavs fans in the office today for long stretches), and said fuck it.

So I can't vent about much, but from what I saw, the Spurs played flat, they have forgotten how to rebound the ball, Manu sucks for some inexplicable reason, NVE was his usual dumbass self, Horry continues to believe that it's okay to play half-assed until the fourth quarter, nobody takes it to the basket - instead, choosing to jack up shots that are not going in, the defense is shot and Brent Barry is being passive.

And the refs suck ass. I don't know or care if they affected the final outcome, it doesn't excuse an entire game full of bad calls. I saw a whole string of them, from the early off the ball fouls on the Mavs to the bloodied Spurs picking up the fouls to several calls in a row whenever the Spurs would go off.

I fucking hate this. All I can do is hope my husband was right when he predicted a five game series, with the Spurs losing Game 2 in a rout and being pissed enough to take Game 3 and then stealing Game 4 and winning back at home in 5. So far, he's been accurate.

alamo50
05-10-2006, 09:37 AM
In soccer we sing: "You only sing when you winning"!

For Spurs fan to have the Mavs fans take over in the at&t is ridiculous to me.
You live with your team and you die with your team.
Get up from your lazy ass and support the silver and black!

Next two games will be away from home.
Send them off knowing they will have guaranteed full support 48 minutes form their home crowd in game 5 damned!

This pisses me off so much.

Not even talking about those same fans getting to the airport when we return from Dallas with a 3-1 advantage.

jcrod
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
So it's mental that a guy who was throwing it down on three Lakers last year can't even get up to dunk on a breakaway and has to lay it in? Neat logic.

No, thats tired, you call that an injury???? Even a tired Manu last yr makes the layup.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
I turned off the game after the string of bad calls culminating in Duncan's third foul (which was a bullshit call). I'd

Someone explain to me how that wasn't a charge on Duncan!!! :lol

island_dude
05-10-2006, 10:15 AM
What about all the bs calls that Duncan gets when someone breathes in his direction? No one is allowed to defend Duncan in the low post without getting called for a foul. Ofcourse Timmy always thinks he got fouled, and he never commits a foul himself!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I really hope that AJ tore Armstrong a new one after the game. If not, he has very little class.

spurschick, you're talking about the same AJ who kept his starters in against our bench to run up the score. The same AJ who kept them in to run up the score on an outmatched Memphis team.

The same AJ who kept them in earlier this year and once last year against SA to run it up when they were winning big.

People need to realize the smiling little cajun kid that everyone fell in love with as a Spur is dead. Everything he does, from running it up in the aforementioned games to crying like a girl about the officiating shows me he has become the stereotypical Dallas snob.

The fact that Pop, the SA press, and the ignorant fans of SA continue to give this little twerp a free pass while he stabs us in the back repeatedly while trying to get his team past us is just as sickening as what AJ has become.

Hang his jerseys in the rafters? We should burn that piece of shit jersey.

romsho
05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
The Dallas bench was celebrating in the third quarter like it was a series closeout game. Just like a team who has never won anything. It was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs, beaten in every way, but it was still one game. The Spurs are a proud championship organization...they have a history of responding to embarrassing losses like last night. Payback is a muthafucka...

sixeightmkw
05-10-2006, 11:32 AM
The Dallas bench was celebrating in the third quarter like it was a series closeout game. Just like a team who has never won anything. It was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs, beaten in every way, but it was still one game. The Spurs are a proud championship organization...they have a history of responding to embarrassing losses like last night. Payback is a muthafucka...
They do that at everygame.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 11:33 AM
spurschick, you're talking about the same AJ who kept his starters in against our bench to run up the score.

WTF?? At 4:12, Duncan, Manu, and Parker came out. JET was the only starter in with 3 min's left in the game when Dirk and Harris came out. So they ran up the score for 1:12?? Avery just wasn't taking any chances. Making up 16-18 pts in 4 min's CAN happen...it's happened both ways for the Mavs this year...

And the Spurs were still playing hard with a few minutes left, so Armstrong played hard...

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
The Dallas bench was celebrating in the third quarter like it was a series closeout game. Just like a team who has never won anything.

They were having fun...get over it...or get used to it :lol

sixeightmkw
05-10-2006, 11:35 AM
spurschick, you're talking about the same AJ who kept his starters in against our bench to run up the score. The same AJ who kept them in to run up the score on an outmatched Memphis team.

The same AJ who kept them in earlier this year and once last year against SA to run it up when they were winning big.

People need to realize the smiling little cajun kid that everyone fell in love with as a Spur is dead. Everything he does, from running it up in the aforementioned games to crying like a girl about the officiating shows me he has become the stereotypical Dallas snob.

The fact that Pop, the SA press, and the ignorant fans of SA continue to give this little twerp a free pass while he stabs us in the back repeatedly while trying to get his team past us is just as sickening as what AJ has become.

Hang his jerseys in the rafters? We should burn that piece of shit jersey.

That really is sad that Spurs fans feel this way about AJ.
How dare AJ try to beat his old team. He should conspire with the Spurs to throw games so a team he played on 5 years ago can beat his employer now.

romsho
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM
They were having fun...get over it...or get used to it :lol
Ok jackass- get back to me when something other than sponsor advertising is hanging from your rafters. Until then, go get your shinebox.

GrandeDavid
05-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Fuck Avery. It pissed me off that the crowd didn't nkow whether to boo him or not he picked up the T and he was on the screen.

The love affair is fucking over. He's the enemy now so fuck him and his gigantic arena swallowing mouth. And he can keep his damn number, we dont' want it. Fuck AJ.

Manny, THANK YOU!!! I couldn't have stated it more clearly and I obviously share your sentiments completely. Fuck Avery!

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Ok jackass- get back to me when something other than sponsor advertising is hanging from your rafters. Until then, go get your shinebox.

Good one...and REALLY pertinant to THIS season...

How many NFL and NHL banners are down there?? (see, I can spew dumb $hit too)

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Someone explain to me how that wasn't a charge on Duncan!!! :lol

I'd be honestly curious about your take on the block call on Barry, then. From the replays I saw, Barry was clearly outside of the circle and was clearly set; by textbook, that play is a charge.

Again, I don't think any call changed the outcome of the game -- the Mavericks played great and absolutely deserved to win -- but I can see the frustration of fans who believe that there was a great deal of inconsistency in the calls and non-calls; I think that's particularly true when Mark Cuban is involved in the series and has been so adamant in his complaints about NBA officiating.

romsho
05-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Good one...and REALLY pertinant to THIS season...

How many NFL and NHL banners are down there?? (see, I can spew dumb $hit too)
The point is if you win the series and want to come in here talk a bunch of shit great-THEN we will actually have an accomplishment related to Dallas Maverick basketball to discuss. You win one game and all of you want to stand over you're conquest like it was for the ultimate prize. Get it? Win something first shitbird-not one game- an actual series-then run your smack-understand now?

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I'd be honestly curious about your take on the block call on Barry, then. From the replays I saw, Barry was clearly outside of the circle and was clearly set; by textbook, that play is a charge.

Again, I don't think any call changed the outcome of the game -- the Mavericks played great and absolutely deserved to win -- but I can see the frustration of fans who believe that there was a great deal of inconsistency in the calls and non-calls; I think that's particularly true when Mark Cuban is involved in the series and has been so adamant in his complaints about NBA officiating.

Don't know...the ref's were closer to the play and have more experience than anyone here as far as calling fouls in an NBA game goes. Maybe Barry was set but leaned over to cause Howard (?) to clip his shoulder. The ref saw something...

Everyone is pointing to Duncan's 3rd foul...Duncan went crazy with a BS reason why it wasn't a foul on him...then the crowd went crazy. After that they went crazy on EVERY call...started chanting, etc. Miller / Stockton didn't seem to have a problem with the call...

I'm truly shocked at all the officiating talk around here today after what I've read on this forum about excuses over the past few months...

EVAY
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
A.J. is just doing his job. I don't get why Pop doesn't say ANYTHING after the games, insisting that the officiating was fine, the loss was all on the players (not on him, mind you), when he turns purple with rage during the game. If it's a bad call during the game, it's a bad call an hour later, too. A.J. and Cuban work the refs like a lot of successful coaches and owners. Why don't ours?

mcornelio
05-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Cuz Pop Wont Stoop To Their Level Like You You Little Whining Bitch

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 12:23 PM
The point is if you win the series and want to come in here talk a bunch of shit great-THEN we will actually have an accomplishment related to Dallas Maverick basketball to discuss. You win one game and all of you want to stand over you're conquest like it was for the ultimate prize. Get it? Win something first shitbird-not one game- an actual series-then run your smack-understand now?

The Mavs bench has been celebrating like that all season. They have FUN. Nothing out of the ordinary last night...

I'm just enjoying all the officiating talk really...this place is so funny...

j-6
05-10-2006, 12:32 PM
The Mavs bench has been celebrating like that all season. They have FUN. Nothing out of the ordinary last night...

I've watched probably thirty Mavs games this season on TV and about a dozen in person, and I can tell you that the Dallas bench didn't celebrate like they did last night all season. They didn't even celebrate like that against Memphis last round. The bench was amped about laying the wood to their biggest rival on the road last night.

I understand that you're outnumbered and trying to defend your position, but please make an effort to stick to the facts. Thanks.

sixeightmkw
05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Ummm, I have watched every damn mavs game this year, even went to about 15 of them, yes they celebrate like that everytime they play and win like they did last night.

BigVee
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM

That's cool as long as you realized the Spurs see the celebrating too. Whether they do anything about it remains to be seen, but it is rarely a good idea to celebrate in the face of your opponent when there are more games to be played. A sign of an immature team.

j-6
05-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Ummm, I have watched every damn mavs game this year, even went to about 15 of them, yes they celebrate like that everytime they play and win like they did last night.

I was about to type out this big response about how you were full of shit, but I saw you wrote they would celebrate like that "everytime they play and win". That's probably true.

But I'm talking about the Mavericks bench acting like they were getting fitted for rings in the beginning to middle of the third quarter.

sixeightmkw
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
That's cool as long as you realized the Spurs see the celebrating too. Whether they do anything about it remains to be seen, but it is rarely a good idea to celebrate in the face of your opponent when there are more games to be played. A sign of an immature team.
And the Spurs don't celebrate when they are wiunning or when they make a big shot or whatever? Get over it.

A-Train
05-10-2006, 12:48 PM
And the Spurs don't celebrate when they are wiunning or when they make a big shot or whatever? Get over it.

Not when they go up 2-0 with 11:30 left in the 1st quarter. It's retarded, but I would expect nothing less.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
But I'm talking about the Mavericks bench acting like they were getting fitted for rings in the beginning to middle of the third quarter.

Not when they go up 2-0 with 11:30 left in the 1st quarter. It's retarded, but I would expect nothing less.

Exaggerate much? :rolleyes

Sasha
05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Getting Avery was the smartest thing Dallas could ever do to try and get over the SA hump.

He knows Pop's coaching schemes forwards and backwards, and psychologically he has the edge because everyone thinks he's such a nice guy from his time here.

You're absolutely right! AJ might be 'nice' - hell if I know - but he's a competitor and everyone seems to have forgotten that. You can bet everything you own that the biggest feather he could put in his cap is to beat the Spurs and he's not going to give a sh*t how he does it. That's OK - that's playoff basketball, after all - but we sure as hell need to remember that the Little General intends to win.

And he can - because he learned from the best. Personally, I'm too through with him. Know thine enemy - and he's ours.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 01:01 PM
If Pop can beat his mentor Larry Brown's Championship Piston team, he should be able to beat AJ.

AJ is not ready to defeat the Master, not yet, anyway.

j-6
05-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Exaggerate much? :rolleyes

The Mavs bench has been celebrating like that all season.

:blah :blah :blah

travis2
05-10-2006, 01:14 PM
The problem is obvious. Each Spur player (except Tim) had about 10 pounds too much weight in his ass.

Pop will take care of that. Probably without anesthesia.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Slomo, this is hilarious! :lmao

It should be a t-shirt. :)

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/wanted_AJ.jpg

pache100
05-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Don't know...the ref's were closer to the play and have more experience than anyone here as far as calling fouls in an NBA game goes.

Spoken like a fan who had two teams playing on the floor for them last night. :lol

abelle23
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
saying is number 8 he better so up all game not just in the second half like in game 6 against kings

if not trade him

manu hater....

....I still believe.... GO SPURS GO!!!! GET GAME 3!!! TANG-INA!!!

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 02:15 PM
The Spurs played like ass. That's a given. But what the fuck is Darrell Armstong doing stealing the ball twice with less than 20 seconds left to go in the game?! We all know that Pop doesn't allow showboating when we've clearly blown the other team out. I really hope that AJ tore Armstrong a new one after the game. If not, he has very little class.

Oh please. This is almost as pathetic as "Fuck Avery for leaving their starters in so long" smack talk. Get over it.

When bench players come in for their rare playoff opportunities, they're GOING to play hard. Especially guys like Armstrong who, despite his age, has more drive and energy than most 22 year olds.

We're all very sorry if Darrell Armstrong dashed your hopes that the Spurs could cut the deficit under 20 and save a little face. Boo hoo.

samikeyp
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I had no problem with that...just like I had no problem with Nazr's 3 in the Sac series.

Ginofan
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Alright.

I told myself last night that I would just go the coward's route and not check into the SPURS part of the forum until Saturday, but fuck it. I'm a sucker for punishment.

I see alot of "Get Over It"s from Mav fans. Will you be following your own advice when you feel your team got jipped? Will it be so easy for you to "Get over" when you lose this series in 6? We'll see.

Obviously alot of us are upset about the officiating. When we lose we feel the inconsistancy and bad calls even more, we just tend to over look the bad stuff when we win...well because WE WIN. That being said...like alot of other posters have said, the refs didn't lose the game for us.

And you know what, I wish sometimes Pop WOULD say something about officiating, not go all George Karl Whiney Ass mind you, but shit, saying a sentence or two about the matter wouldn't hurt. It obviously gets you somewhere (ala AJ).

On the subject of Avery. Fuck him. The jerkoff has disrespected the Spurs, the City, the Fans. Seriously. Fuck him. I can't say I have ever cared for him deeply but now it's just like why the fuck do you want to smile and make small talk with the enemy? Especially now when we are in a grueling, balls to the wall, type of series?? Fuck Avery Johnson.

Someone send out a Missing Persons Report for one Manu Ginobili. Like alot of you, I'm just baffled by his performance in the playoffs. Sans 2 games, it's like he's not even on the team. I don't know if it's mental or physical or what but we need him to get out of his funk ASAP. And TPark...I've always stuck up for you but damn dude, I can't believe you went there and pulled the "trade Manu" card out. That's the most insane idea I've read from you. Please tell me you were just drunk or jacked up on coke when you typed that.

Tim Duncan. There's nothing bad I can say about him. He's playing great. It's just too damn bad that he seems to be the only one.

There's probably a billion more points I would like to vent on but I know how super long posts alot of the time get overlooked. So, let's just kick ass on Saturday so I can relax and be happy about my Spurs again.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 03:04 PM
On the subject of Avery. Fuck him. The jerkoff has disrespected the Spurs, the City, the Fans.

How and when??? :lol

He's got nothing but respect for SA, the team, coaches, owners, etc...

pache100
05-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Alright.

I told myself last night that I would just go the coward's route and not check into the SPURS part of the forum until Saturday, but fuck it. I'm a sucker for punishment.

I see alot of "Get Over It"s from Mav fans. Will you be following your own advice when you feel your team got jipped? Will it be so easy for you to "Get over" when you lose this series in 6? We'll see.

Obviously alot of us are upset about the officiating. When we lose we feel the inconsistancy and bad calls even more, we just tend to over look the bad stuff when we win...well because WE WIN. That being said...like alot of other posters have said, the refs didn't lose the game for us.

And you know what, I wish sometimes Pop WOULD say something about officiating, not go all George Karl Whiney Ass mind you, but shit, saying a sentence or two about the matter wouldn't hurt. It obviously gets you somewhere (ala AJ).

On the subject of Avery. Fuck him. The jerkoff has disrespected the Spurs, the City, the Fans. Seriously. Fuck him. I can't say I have ever cared for him deeply but now it's just like why the fuck do you want to smile and make small talk with the enemy? Especially now when we are in a grueling, balls to the wall, type of series?? Fuck Avery Johnson.

Someone send out a Missing Persons Report for one Manu Ginobili. Like alot of you, I'm just baffled by his performance in the playoffs. Sans 2 games, it's like he's not even on the team. I don't know if it's mental or physical or what but we need him to get out of his funk ASAP. And TPark...I've always stuck up for you but damn dude, I can't believe you went there and pulled the "trade Manu" card out. That's the most insane idea I've read from you. Please tell me you were just drunk or jacked up on coke when you typed that.

Tim Duncan. There's nothing bad I can say about him. He's playing great. It's just too damn bad that he seems to be the only one.

There's probably a billion more points I would like to vent on but I know how super long posts alot of the time get overlooked. So, let's just kick ass on Saturday so I can relax and be happy about my Spurs again.

:worthy:

jcrod
05-10-2006, 03:49 PM
How and when??? :lol

He's got nothing but respect for SA, the team, coaches, owners, etc...

Its got me baffled too??? What did you seriously want AJ to do, purposely lose the series because he played his best yrs here. Give me a break, he's the Mavs head coach. He's going to do everything in his power to make them win, what else do you expect.

RonMexico
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM

(I posted the following in a different thread, but I think it's still relevant to what you stated here, so if you guys think you've already seen it, you may actually have...) - also, I wasn't at the game, but I couldn't hear the "Let's Go Mavericks" shouts over the TV. I heard "[Steve] Javie Sucks!" pretty loudly and thought that was hilarious, but I will admit that AT&T was the quietest I've ever heard it, and I've been to about 4 games and one And 1 MixTape Tour Event there.

"I'll admit it was a poorly officiated game overall (for both teams), but it was especially damaging to the Spurs because of the timing and impact of the calls - like when 2 obvious fouls by Dirk (and they were pretty obvious - not really judgment calls like block/charge) in the first half (when he had only 1 foul at the time) went uncalled and then Duncan ends up getting his 3rd at a pivotal point in the second quarter. Then Devin Harris jumps into Ginobili with his elbow (Ginobili required stiches), but it's called a block and Harris gets a 3-pt play out of it. Also, the Spurs are making a small comeback, but the Mavs are on the break, and then Brent Barry gets called for the 2nd worst block call of the playoffs (I'm still partial to the Kobe over Nash dunk because of my fandom) - a huge momentum-shift possibility for the Spurs that goes in favor of the Mavs. (And Barry was planted at least a second before Howard got there/went up - a really bad call by Javie, which no doubt intensified the "Javie Sucks!" chant from a relatively knowledgeable and fair SA fan-base.)

In all honesty, it seemed as if the refs had a quick whistle all night long (2 quick techs on Pop and Avery; Van Exel gets ejected), but the most extreme example was the inadvertant whistle play where the ref jumped the gun thinking Ginobili (who is a smart player and was just trying to shield off the Mavs) was going to touch the ball and then didn't. The call forced a timeout and jumpball, which also affected the Spurs momentum after just getting a stop at the other end. I mean, I'm in no way a Spurs fan right now (not until the Suns are eliminated), but I just don't like seeing a team that is struggling in a game have to endure officiating that impacts their momentum in such a way, especially when the Mavs seemed to have an answer at the other end for every Spurs score - they needed every break to go their way and it seems like these plays and calls just took the life out of them."

Vashner
05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Game 2 was not a time to get angry .. therefore there is no need to vent for the veteran fans. Only lightweight bandwagoneer's freak after a single loss.

We push our team so far then get mad. We need to give them a break and more support.

We where tired... we can talk about this and that all day.. but we are tired..

And JUST think a LOT of you wanted us to PUSH harder in regular season.. we would be in LOT worse shape if what YOU people wanted happened. You know who you are.. the forum does not lie in the archives...

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Game 2 was not a time to get angry .. therefore there is no need to vent for the veteran fans. Only lightweight bandwagoneer's freak after a single loss.

:flipoff

When a team gets beatdown like the Spurs did, it's okay to vent. It doesn't matter if it's the first game of the season or game 7. If you don't like the thread, then stay the hell out of it. Venting doesn't equal freaking out.

spurschick
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Oh please. This is almost as pathetic as "Fuck Avery for leaving their starters in so long" smack talk. Get over it.

When bench players come in for their rare playoff opportunities, they're GOING to play hard. Especially guys like Armstrong who, despite his age, has more drive and energy than most 22 year olds.

We're all very sorry if Darrell Armstrong dashed your hopes that the Spurs could cut the deficit under 20 and save a little face. Boo hoo.

:flipoff

nbhagat84
05-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok first of all, Beno Udrih Sucks. He is a little boy trying to grow a goatee which doesnt work. Anyways what the hell is he doing, put in manu at point and barry and shooting when tp has to come out like last year. Beno is horrible. Against SAC he was launching up shit like 6 shots in a row and none of them went it. Last night when he got in, the first minute he launched up 3 shots when people were wide open. Get him out of the arena, i rather have oberto playing point.

And Horry, he is a phenomenal underrated player, i have always believed. In the first game all his intangibles such as diving for loose balls, rebounds and defensive reads were impressive. But wtf, where is his offense? in game 2 he looked like a bum doing nothing on offense. He walks around on offense and does nothing. It looks like he's not even trying. He needs to get more into the game and destroy them with his 3s.

Also its not completely his fault. Tony parker is a freaking jackass, horry was wide open at least 4 times on cuts and never game him the ball.

wildbill2u
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Are we finding out we CANT MATCHUP with other teams? WTF?

Why don't we make them matchup with us if we're the defending champs we must have done something right last year.

I don't think you can changed your damn lineup in the playoffs and expect to have the same cohesion and team play as you had in the regular season. If we lose, we lose but go with what we know won us 63 damn games.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorry I got here late. I'm sure that everyone has probably made these points but I need to let off a little steam.

1. NVE-I was psyched that we got this guy in the offseason, and I defended him on a few occasions during the year with the old, "We got this guy for his postseason talents." Well I'm swearing off that Kool-aid. I'd rather watch Beno struggle against a press than watch Van Exel jack up brick upon brick. Udrih might not be much better but I know Blingy would be excited to him out there, where as the only people who get hyped about Nick stepping out on the court are the Mavs.

2. Rebounding-I have yet to see a line-up that gives the Spurs a good edge on the boards. Last year Nazr was able to do that, and this year he seems to totally regressed. Rasho and rebounds rarely appear in the same sentence. Horry had a good game 1, but he was getting pushed around too easily last night. At the end of the day the biggest part of winning the battle on the boards is effort and I haven't seen enough of the that from the Spurs this entire offseason for 48 minutes.

3. Manu-Get your head in the game son!

4. Refs-Like Mark Cuban, I really dislike the inconsistency of the refs on both ends of the floor. Unlike Mark Cuban, I actually mean it when I say this. This postseason in particular I've been shaking my head alot. (I know there's a ref thread, but I'm on a roll here.)

5. Defend the F^&$*%# paint, fools! If we're not going to give a damn about rebounds we might as well start Rasho, who can guard the paint better than Horry and Nazr. It would also let Horry be the scoring punch off the bench. I know it worked well enough against the Kings, but I don't like him starting. Start Rasho, get the defense and Duncan established then bring in Horry to start raining the threes.

bonesinaz
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
and his gigantic arena swallowing mouth. And he can keep his damn number, we dont' want it. Fuck AJ.
:lol :lol
I love this quote.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I still dont understand why kori and lj just dont tell pop that his small lineups suck major ass and he deserves to go to hell for playing them for such long periods of game time.

If I had the access they did, I would be all over Pop's ass, calling his cel phone 24/7

bonesinaz
05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
That really is sad that Spurs fans feel this way about AJ.
How dare AJ try to beat his old team. He should conspire with the Spurs to throw games so a team he played on 5 years ago can beat his employer now.

Tell us, mavs fan, of the love you still harbor for Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel.

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
bearhug defense?

:madrun :madrun :madrun <---mavs fans leaving spurstalk after spurs go up 3-1

If that's IT, then this place over-reacts even more than I thought...

It was bad enough with just the "Avery whining" crap when all he mentioned was the bearhug defense... :rolleyes

mookie2001
05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
I still dont understand why kori and lj just dont tell pop that his small lineups suck major ass and he deserves to go to hell for playing them for such long periods of game time.

If I had the access they did, I would be all over Pop's ass, calling his cel phone 24/7theyre waiting for something more important
(vote for jeb bush)

texas84
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
If anyone has a recording of the game, check out the play that lead to a San Antonio timeout at 10:14 of the second quarter. I know Duncan was avoiding another foul at this point, but Dirk used to get dogged when he put his tail between his legs and rolled out the red carpet for someone like Duncan did for Harris on that play.

Solid D
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I've been on travel and haven't been able to post much but I did see Game 2.

kris is one of only a few people who have mentioned Devin Harris' impact in this thread, but I think his value to the Mavs attack has been undervalued. The times AJ has played Harris major minutes, he has owned the Spurs in the 2-man game, particularly the high-screen roll.

The Spurs started out with Manu on Devin, which was fine, but Manu was getting picked or detained and the switches were soft...very soft. To make things worse, the more Devin got to the basket, the more the corner help got distracted thus leaving the open 3 point shooter, Stack in particular.

Putting Parker on Devin doesn't work so well, because AJ will see that and use Dirk as the screener. We all remember how well the 6'-2" Tony defends Dirk off that switch, don't we?

The Spurs will have to show hard and get strong on the ball and stay with Devin. Otherwise Devin will penetrate change pace, then penetrate again once he feels the D fades in their attention to him.

BRENT STAY ON YOUR MAN IN THE CORNER!!!

That's all I got for now. Later ya'll.

picnroll
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Kobe's wearing 24 next year. I want to see them announce at the beginning of the Spurs game in SA that Manu will be going back to his original number 6 next year.

picnroll
05-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Pop chewed Nazr out for shooting a lae three in the Sac series. If Avery didn't chew Armstrong out he's a bigger dipshit than you.

RonMexico
05-10-2006, 08:17 PM
If that's IT, then this place over-reacts even more than I thought...

It was bad enough with just the "Avery whining" crap when all he mentioned was the bearhug defense... :rolleyes

Well, Avery had a little Phil Jackson in him with his word choice of the 'bear-hug' defense. When you overreact (a la George Karl), it can sometimes backfire on you next time around because you do look like a real "whiner." Everyone knows that the "zen-master" tries to be really philisophical and make slightly veiled comments that attack the officials and how they can affect the game. I think Avery probably told the more bombastic Mark Cuban that he was going to take over this one and Mark stayed silent (his $200,000 fine notwithstanding). That, mixed with the gametime coaching adjustments showed some real playoff prowess on Avery's part. So, while I won't go so far to say "whining" (probably because I'm a Suns fan and it didn't directly affect my team), I won't deny that he definitely was trying to put some ideas in the officials' heads, which no-doubt led to quick whistles and questionable calls by the refs... I have more in my head, but I'm too tired to keep writing.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Kobe's wearing 24 next year. I want to see them announce at the beginning of the Spurs game in SA that Manu will be going back to his original number 6 next year.

That'd be sweet. All the fans would totally dig it, no matter how this series or this season winds up. We're just about fed up with Avery.

Carrera_4S
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I Love It!!!

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
I love it when the shit is talking and there's nothing to back it up yet. Turns into a big pool of shit everyone's swimming in when it blows up in their face.

jmard5
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM

Why don't we make them matchup with us if we're the defending champs we must have done something right last year.

I don't think you can changed your damn lineup in the playoffs and expect to have the same cohesion and team play as you had in the regular season. If we lose, we lose but go with what we know won us 63 damn games.

That is what I am thinking too.

In the playoffs against the Suns, most dissed the Spurs because they thought they cannot match with their brand of basketball. Let us see what CIA Pop do in game 3.

Officiating (mind you, not the refs) and injuries, though, play crucial roles in any team's series.

smeagol
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
One more time I have to give props to whottt who has been saying what many of you are saying now, years ago: Fuck AJ!

smeagol
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
If Ginobili doesn't do something in this series to help Duncan out,fuck it, and put him on the block.

Last year you jumped off the Spurs wagon, now you jump off the Manu wagon and ask that he be traded.

You are truly and idiot.

smeagol
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM

if not trade him
ducks, when you talk about Manu, you are as stupid as Tpark when he talks about almost anything.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Just answer me one thing Mavs fan, why does Cuban insist on showering with "the guys" when he's not sweaty?

Fuck Avery.

Fuck those clickers.

Bloodline666
05-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Pop only said that to avoid the very fine your own team's owner got slapped with. Surely, you've seen Pop get a technical for bitching at the refs, did you not?

And while I'm still venting, I'd just like to know...

WHY DIDN'T POP HIRE BOBBY KNIGHT OUT OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY RIGHT AFTER HE FIRED BOB HILL?! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

RonMexico
05-11-2006, 01:53 AM
ducks, when you talk about Manu, you are as stupid as Tpark when he talks about almost anything.

Couldn't have said it better myself... good thing you have a lot more "street cred" (i.e. 3,500+ more posts) than I do, so at least I wouldn't be flying solo if I said the same thing.

pache100
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
:smokin :smokin :smokin

Better take those blood pressure pills now boys and gals!

And better order those refills before another blow-out loss in Big D!!! :elephant

Complete ownage!

Catching anything?

Slomo
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey Wolves009

Look what I found on Amazon.com:

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Complete_Angler.jpg

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Catching anything?

Just a bunch of shit for his stupid posts.

strangeweather
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM

I think you leave Horry starting, put him on Dirk and Bowen on Howard for 3 quarters, then switch Bowen to Dirk in the 4th to shut him down for the stretch. Odds are, Howard doesn't find his groove late if he's been shut down the whole game.

Of course, I that still leaves open the question of what to do with Harris. But I think if Tony is feeling better after a few days off, you can put him on Harris and Manu on Terry.

Rydia
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM

It's funny you say this...I actually started having a Great Time watching the game! It was hilariously funny how awful these calls were. Even my dad kept saying, "Why is the other team getting to shoot?" He would be a better ref then those retards.

I felt sorry for Manu...he got bamboosled! He couldn't do anything right...if he touched someone he got a foul, if someone smacked him upside his head he got a foul, if he didn't even touch the ball for crying out loud there was a jump ball!

David Stern needs to get his head out of the sand and start nailing fines on the Refs, not Cuban...he is the least of our worries! Ohh wait, he is the one who said the spurs should share the champ rings...so he definetly isn't on our side.

A Blog...he got fined for a blog...where is the freedom of speech here?? Was this blog on an NBA forum or something?? I don't understand how Stern can do that?? I could see if he did it during a press conference...but this is just odd. I would sue him...hahaha

Rydia
05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
:smokin :smokin :smokin

Better take those blood pressure pills now boys and gals!

And better order those refills before another blow-out loss in Big D!!! :elephant

Complete ownage!
hahaha!!!!

At least we aren't out fishing....

:frying:

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Same with Manu...he committed a blocking foul on Harris and Harris' elbow caught him while going up for the shot. It's not like Harris' threw an elbow. Unlucky for Manu really. Had Harris' elbow just missed Manu, would it have been a foul on Manu? An incidental elbow doesn't change anything...

Finley committed a foul and just happened to get hit in the face while doing so. Just because a guy takes on in the chops doesn't mean HE was the one that got fouled...

If getting hit in the face means that YOU got fouled, then everybody should just start sticking their head into people and drawing fouls for taking a shot to the face....

Barry...that one was weird...I guess the ref saw something. :smokin

leemajors
05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Same with Manu...he committed a blocking foul on Harris and Harris' elbow caught him while going up for the shot. It's not like Harris' threw an elbow. Unlucky for Manu really. Had Harris' elbow just missed Manu, would it have been a foul on Manu? An incidental elbow doesn't change anything...

Finley committed a foul and just happened to get hit in the face while doing so. Just because a guy takes on in the chops doesn't mean HE was the one that got fouled...

If getting hit in the face means that YOU got fouled, then everybody should just start sticking their head into people and drawing fouls for taking a shot to the face....

Barry...that one was weird...I guess the ref saw something. :smokin
ginobili was outside of the circle, and stationary. harris drove right into him. that's a charge.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
ginobili was outside of the circle, and stationary. harris drove right into him. that's a charge.

Oh...

Well, since you said so, then I guess that's the case. Maybe you'll get to ref the game Saturday... :lol

FromWayDowntown
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM

Indeed. I think this is precisely the principle that had David Robinson drawing a foul when Karl Malone nearly killed him with a wayward elbow.

Incidental contact.

:rolleyes

leemajors
05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh...

Well, since you said so, then I guess that's the case. Maybe you'll get to ref the game Saturday... :lol

i was just pointing out the obvious, since you seem to have missed it.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
i was just pointing out the obvious, since you seem to have missed it.

It was a blocking foul.

Just pointing out the obvious, since you seem to have missed it.

Hook Dem
05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
It was a blocking foul.

Thats fine just as long as you see it the same way when it happens to you!

leemajors
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
It was a blocking foul.

it was called a blocking foul, but was not a blocking foul by definition. agree to disagree.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
it was called a blocking foul, but was not a blocking foul in my opinion. agree to disagree.

fixed :fro

A-Train
05-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Absolutely. The lineup that won 63 games gave the Spurs a strong interior defense, a defense that certainly didn't give up layup after layup. Is it perfect? No, but at least you can better control your own defensive paint and limit your opponent's offensive opportunities. Having Horry or a guard playing alongside TD blows that defense up. I'd much rather have a Nazr/TD/Bowen frontline guarding Dampier/Nowitzki/Howard. The Spurs' entire defensive scheme has always been predicated on the perimeter players funneling players into those shotblockers. It has been one of the most successful defenses in the history of the NBA and in no small part is responsible for those 3 championship banners which currently hang in the at&t Center. If you keep the Mavs out of the paint, this is an entirely different series. I expect that Pop will kill his experiment and move back to playing Spurs Basketball.