PDA

View Full Version : The official Dallas is not _allas anymore topic.

Smackie Chan
05-10-2006, 06:31 AM
After last nights 20 point ass waxing the Spur took from the Dallas Mavericks? it is now official Dallas is not _allas anymore , So after your done cyring about game 2 and blaming the refs? show some class and admit Dallas has "D" now.

:smokin

Victor Newman
05-10-2006, 06:39 AM
you really think your going to find someone at this web site to admit they was wrong?

And now you want to find a Spur fan with class? :lmao

WayDowntownBang
05-10-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm not a fan of either the Mavericks or the Spurs...

But have you ever noticed how Maverick fans talk a heap load of shit after a win, but disappear after losses?

Victor, you're out of your mind if you're saying that this website doesn't have Spur fans with class. 95% of the fans at this site are solid.

One game doesn't define 'defense'. Dallas defense still doesn't touch the defense of a Detroit or San Antonio. If you're going to get through San Antonio, you're going to do it through your offense. Let's see Dallas go on a shooting slump and then rely on their defense to carry them through this ENTIRE SERIES.. and then brag about your D.

Spurs Dynasty
05-10-2006, 07:10 AM

But have you ever noticed how Maverick fans talk a heap load of shit after a win, but disappear after losses?

Victor, you're out of your mind if you're saying that this website doesn't have Spur fans with class. 95% of the fans at this site are solid.

One game doesn't define 'defense'. Dallas defense still doesn't touch the defense of a Detroit or San Antonio. If you're going to get through San Antonio, you're going to do it through your offense. Let's see Dallas go on a shooting slump and then rely on their defense to carry them through this ENTIRE SERIES.. and then brag about your D.

THank you WayDown. bang on (pun intended). San Antonio fans, and members of this forum are classy and there would not be such a tidal wave of anger if it were not called for.

You are right, the gloating, blind Dallas trolls will not be here after next Spurs win. One game does not a series make, and this series will be won by the Spurs, in 7 IMO. Noone expected this thing to be easy.

Hope to see you in the finals.

Chris
05-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Trolling after a win. Typical Mavericks fans. Don't be a hypocrite. Wasn't it you who said talk your smack before games?

WayDowntownBang
05-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Hope to see you in the finals.

That's the plan. Make sure you guys hold on, beat the _allas Mavericks and book your trip to Detroit for Game 1. I've been looking for this rematch for a full year.

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:14 AM
San Antonio fans, and members of this forum are classy and there would not be such a tidal wave of anger if it were not called for.

Bullshit. Read the Game 2 thread. Wanting violence against the Maverick players. Threatening the refs. I was even banned by a mod until this morning because he/she couldn't take that their team was losing. Don't be delusional. Your fans are like everyone else's fans.

And there are plenty of Mavs fans that were here after the Game 1 loss. For Dallas, they had the chance to take it to at least overtime and blew it. For San Antonio, they were just straight run out of the gym.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:23 AM
you wouldn't have been banned if you were's being a moron. that's how it works.

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:25 AM
you wouldn't have been banned if you were's being a moron. that's how it works.

Go back and read every word I wrote. Show me where there was any harm. You can't.

td4mvp3
05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
they're hardly setting defensive records. the spurs were at 45 percent and dallas was at 46. they played well, but it wasn't a defensive exhibition.

Hook Dem
05-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Bullshit. Read the Game 2 thread. Wanting violence against the Maverick players. Threatening the refs. I was even banned by a mod until this morning because he/she couldn't take that their team was losing. Don't be delusional. Your fans are like everyone else's fans.

And there are plenty of Mavs fans that were here after the Game 1 loss. For Dallas, they had the chance to take it to at least overtime and blew it. For San Antonio, they were just straight run out of the gym.
This "run out of the gym" thing is always the war cry of the Mavs fans. Does it give you pleasure to do that and then lose the series? Get ready!!!!! We did get hosed by the refs, and yes, your team did play better on top of it, but don't get too giddy yet cause you haven't won anything yet!!! See ya saturday loser! :flipoff

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
This "run out of the gym" thing is always the war cry of the Mavs fans. Does it give you pleasure to do that and then lose the series? Get ready!!!!! We did get hosed by the refs, and yes, your team did play better on top of it, but don't get too giddy yet cause you haven't won anything yet!!! See ya saturday loser! :flipoff

You DIDN'T get hosed by the refs. Your team didn't show up to play. Gave up too many fast break points, too many rebounds, didn't rotate effectively, couldn't protect the paint, lost their cool very early in the game and were effectively outplayed and outcoached. The foul differential was very slight. Even if a few calls had gone back to San Antonio, you still had to make up a 20 point difference. The refs don't score points. But whatever makes you sleep at night...
:king

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Go back and read every word I wrote. Show me where there was any harm. You can't.

i don't have to, the people who kori gives mod powers to when she and timvp are gone don't ban rashly.

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:49 AM
i don't have to, the people who kori gives mod powers to when she and timvp are gone don't ban rashly.

Yes they do. And they did.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Shut the fuck up forum.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 08:55 AM
I love when Mouse acts like an actual Mavericks fan. The fact is that the defense was pretty good, but nothing to brag about. The Spurs couldn't hit anything, but it wasn't because of the defense. The Spurs were just cold and were horrible as far as getting back on defense. By the time the Spurs got back, the Mavericks were shooting the ball and it was too late. The Mavericks played great on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense was pretty good. The Spurs were horrible on defense and not too good on offense.

Russ
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Only a casual fan (either Dallas or Spurs) who buys every media cliche ("Dallas has bought into Avery and now they play D too") thinks Dallas won because of their D.

Dallas won because of the Spurs' bad D and because Dallas controlled the tempo.

In other words, just the way Dallas always beat the Spurs when they do

The Spurs need to improve their defensive rotations and get quicker real quick. Just like they always do when they beat the Mavs.

In other words, same old thing -- only question is who will prevail this time.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Only a casual fan (either Dallas or Spurs) who buys every media cliche ("Dallas has bought into Avery and now they play D too") thinks Dallas won because of their D.

Dallas won because of the Spurs' bad D and because Dallas controlled the tempo.

In other words, just the way Dallas always beat the Spurs when they do

The Spurs need to improve their defensive rotations and get quicker real quick. Just like they always do when they beat the Mavs.

In other words, same old thing -- only question is who will prevail this time.

Agreed. The media makes it seem like Avery turned the Hawks around and now they're a Finals contended. The Mavs were good when he became coach and way before he became their coach. I give him credit that he has helped them improve on defense, but that's not why they won.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Dallas played good last night. I'll give them that.

Avery made a good decision by throwing another fast point guard into the mix. He knew that Tony and Manu are hurt and wouldn't be able to keep up with a two-headed speed demon.

Based on the poor shooting by the Spurs, the hobbling duo of Parker and Ginobili, and the complete absense of the Spurs bench, I wouldn't get overly excited by this victory if I was a Mavs fan.

If both teams are healthy and bring their best game, the Spurs will win 9 times out of 10.

The Mavs D has improved, but they don't scare anyone. They certainly have NO ANSWER for Timmy.

If you want to see GOOD defense, watch a Detroit game.

Josh810
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
1-1

Beaverfuzz
05-10-2006, 12:03 PM
After last nights 20 point ass waxing the Spur took from the Dallas Mavericks? it is now official Dallas is not _allas anymore , So after your done cyring about game 2 and blaming the refs? show some class and admit Dallas has "D" now.

One game makes a season/series. :blah :blah :blah :blah :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Jack
05-10-2006, 01:39 PM
eh

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
This game was won by offense not Mavericks defense, look at the numbers. Proof being in the fact they gave up their "defensive stopper" for a scorer.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 02:09 PM
This game was won by offense not Mavericks defense, look at the numbers. Proof being in the fact they gave up their "defensive stopper" for a scorer.

They were talking about that on TNT.

The Mavs have improved their perimeter D, since they added youth and speed to their team. And, they got rid of Nash, who plays absolutely NO D. But their interior D has always been nonexistent and still is. Diop?? Dampier?? Spare me.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:14 PM
They were talking about that on TNT.

The Mavs have improved their perimeter D, since they added youth and speed to their team. And, they got rid of Nash, who plays absolutely NO D. But their interior D has always been nonexistent and still is. Diop?? Dampier?? Spare me.

They had no choice but to not even attempt to defend the middle, our centers were saddled with fouls the entire game, but if I'm not mistaken it was Dallas who scored more in the paint, even though we supposedly have less interior D.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
They had no choice but to not even attempt to defend the middle, our centers were saddled with fouls the entire game, but if I'm not mistaken it was Dallas who scored more in the paint, even though we supposedly have less interior D.

i don't see the dallas c's being out of foul trouble if duncan continues his aggressive play in the middle. sa should really take more advantage of that, they seem confused and unsure of how to take advantage of a revitalized duncan (as ridiculous as that sounds).

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Dallas's interior defense has been great. Diop isn't a good one on one defender but his help defense has been huge so far this series. Dampier the same but Duncan is just playing very energized. I don't see that continuing in Dallas though. The main thing though is Dallas is dominating the boards. This will continue to be a factor the whole series. Dallas dominated the boards against the Grizzlies as well.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 02:30 PM
duncan has played that well for years, excluding this season. he is getting diop and dampier up in the air, then making his move. he can score against them easily. dallas' interior d against everyone else has been great - that is undeniable. but i expect the spurs to make a much better effort on the boards and on defense, and get a couple of lucky bounces their way next game too.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
duncan has played that well for years, excluding this season. he is getting diop and dampier up in the air, then making his move. he can score against them easily. dallas' interior d against everyone else has been great - that is undeniable. but i expect the spurs to make a much better effort on the boards and on defense, and get a couple of lucky bounces their way next game too.
If you expect to continue shooting that well throughout the series you will be disappointed. Duncan doesn't usually shoot that well though he has good moves around the basket. I think the defense will improve on Duncan as they learn all his favorite moves around the basket and not to fall for the pump fake. Even so I could deal with Duncan having a big game if no one else is getting involved and Dallas stops everyone else. Parker got roofed around the rim many times already this series. I hardly ever saw that against Sacramento and most teams.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2006, 02:55 PM

They will always be saddled with fouls, they can't guard him, nice to see Avery have to result to double teaming him at the end.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
They will always be saddled with fouls, they can't guard him, nice to see Avery have to result to double teaming him at the end.

Your avatar ownz.

texlawman
05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Duncan can have his thirty if the rest of the Spurs are invisible. Parker and Gino have been very quiet and with the exception of Bowen's game one shot, the threes have been kept to a minimum. The bench has also been a nonfactor. I'm very encouraged by our chances if the Spurs continue to get minimal guard penetration to the hoop.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
If you expect to continue shooting that well throughout the series you will be disappointed. Duncan doesn't usually shoot that well though he has good moves around the basket. I think the defense will improve on Duncan as they learn all his favorite moves around the basket and not to fall for the pump fake. Even so I could deal with Duncan having a big game if no one else is getting involved and Dallas stops everyone else. Parker got roofed around the rim many times already this series. I hardly ever saw that against Sacramento and most teams.

well parker wasn't as slow as he has been the first 2 games in this series. he is still damn quick but the contusion is limiting him a bit. he is still very dangerous, but slowed just enough. and i think duncan can continue making 3 foot shots, his bank seems to be open these days too. duncan doesn't just have 3-4 moves...

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM

One game doesn't make a defensive juggernaut.

dmac
05-11-2006, 10:37 AM
You DIDN'T get hosed by the refs. Your team didn't show up to play. Gave up too many fast break points, too many rebounds, didn't rotate effectively, couldn't protect the paint, lost their cool very early in the game and were effectively outplayed and outcoached. The foul differential was very slight. Even if a few calls had gone back to San Antonio, you still had to make up a 20 point difference. The refs don't score points. But whatever makes you sleep at night...
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiking.gifYou're right the refs don't score points, but they do put you on the FT line and they do take away your offense with cheap, and I do mean ticky-tack little Offensive fouls. If Tim had bad breath, they would call an offensive foul on him.

SAGambler
05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
The foul differential was very slight.

In numbers....Yes....

In the way it affected the game.....NO...

When Duncan was forced to sit, after a questionable third foul, was when Dallas jumped to the big lead...

You notice, that once Duncan came back, the lead never increased, even though towards the end, Pop emptied the bench, while AJ kept the starters in.

So, while techinically, you are correct, the approx same number of fouls called was the same...

Who they were called on was not.......

SAGambler
05-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I think the defense will improve on Duncan as they learn all his favorite moves around the basket and not to fall for the pump fake.

Diop cannont guard Duncan without fouling him.. That's it.. Everytime Tim decides to go to the basket, Diop will foul him.

mavsfan1000
05-11-2006, 12:00 PM
In numbers....Yes....

When Duncan was forced to sit, after a questionable third foul, was when Dallas jumped to the big lead...

You notice, that once Duncan came back, the lead never increased, even though towards the end, Pop emptied the bench, while AJ kept the starters in.

So, while techinically, you are correct, the approx same number of fouls called was the same...

So are you saying they shouldn't call fouls on Duncan? That was a good call where Howard was stationary waiting for Duncan to charge. The refs calling that a blocking would be very unfair.

Melmart1
05-11-2006, 12:13 PM
The Mavs D is greatly improved and good overall, with flashes of greatness. However, in a 1-pt game on Sunday they left Bowen open from the corners with time winding down. Great defenses would never do that, knowing that is Bruce's shot.

Good overall D does not equal championships. It's crunch time D that does that, and the Spurs have that in spades. Look what they did to the Mavs those last three minutes of that game. I imagine the remaining games may be more like Sunday's game than Tuesday's. The Mavs simply do not have that killer, close-game D. Not this year at least. Not yet.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Your avatar ownz.

yes, yes it does

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM

One game? They were 7th in total defense this season. And I don't think anybody is calling the Mavs a "defensive juggernaut"...

In numbers....Yes....

I'm sorry, but that was a charge...

And Avery benched his guys 1:12 after Pop took out Duncan, Parker, and Manu, so let's not act like Avery did anything disrespectful...

MadDog73
05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
yes, yes it does

No offense, but I like Melmart1's better. :angel

boutons_
05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
"Great defenses would never do that"

NEVER? Never doesn't last long. Robert got his Game5 winner off against a great Pistons defense @Auburn Hill because Rasheed left Robert unguarded. A single defensive mistake, by Rasheed the Championship Belts asshole, cost the Pistons Game5, and the 05 Championship.

cherylsteele
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
One game? They were 7th in total defense this season. And I don't think anybody is calling the Mavs a "defensive juggernaut"...
There are plenty of Mavs trolls that are implying they are a great defensive team.
They are improved but let us evaluate their performance in the series/playoffs after everything is over before you put them in the defensive elite of the Spurs and Pistons.

Party Girl
05-11-2006, 03:27 PM

I think it's more than one game if they are in the second round of the NBA playoffs.

mabber
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
There are plenty of Mavs trolls that are implying they are a great defensive team.
They are improved but let us evaluate their performance in the series/playoffs after everything is over before you put them in the defensive elite of the Spurs and Pistons.

Mav troll here :hat

Mavs aren't anywhere near a great defensive team but they are on their way to being very good one. It's just a matter of players first buying into playing D and then practicing it enough to become great. All NBA players have it in them. Mavs are somewhere in between while San Antonio and Detriot have reached the great level. Both those teams are great when it really counts (crunch time). Game 1 was a perfect example of this. Mavs did good defensive job the last 4 minutes as Spurs shot 1 for 7 but that 1 shot (Bowen's 3) was a killer. Spurs did a great job the last 4 minutes as Dallas shot 0 for 7.

With that said, I think the Mavs can definitely beat the Spurs in this series cuz they are better in other areas. We will see...should be a great series.

cherylsteele
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I think it's more than one game if they are in the second round of the NBA playoffs.
But there are those here that are basing this on game 2.
They are better on the "d"....but let's reserve judgement until after the playoffs to evaluate their defensive improvement.
Remember round one was against the Grizzlies......winless in the playoffs in franchise history...they are really just fodder.

BigD1
05-11-2006, 03:42 PM
They are improved but let us evaluate their performance in the series/playoffs after everything is over before you put them in the defensive elite of the Spurs and Pistons.I haven't see any Mav's fans on this particular thread say anything about "Great" defense or "Juggernaut" defense, but I think we can all agree that Dallas is Dallas and not _allas anymore. Meaning Dallas actually plays at the very least, "good" defense. They rotate efficiently and effectively now. They block shots. Their perimeter defense is really good. And almost every shot is contested. They do a better job of getting in passing lanes and batting balls out of the hands of players. The interior defense has been solid, even good against every team this year except for the Spurs. Timmy is just great...can't do anything about that. That bein said, I think it is fair to put the "D" back in Dallas.

cherylsteele
05-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Mavs aren't anywhere near a great defensive team but they are on their way to being very good one.
I did say they are getting better.....please read the whole post.

mabber
05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I did say they are getting better.....please read the whole post.

I wasn't disputing you, just quoting your post cuz I like the troll comment :lol

After that I was just giving my opinion.

Dallas Troll :hat

DeeBo
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM

juggle this naut bioch! Your team lost by 20 points how much Defence you want?

what bike?

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/976capture_friday02.jpg

mavsfan1000
05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I think the way the spurs play on offense I feel the mavs can shut them down. They are willing to let Duncan get his and occassionally double team if the spacing is bad for the spurs. The other players will stick to their man and that is partially why San Antonio is not getting many 3 point shots or makes.

strangeweather
05-11-2006, 06:12 PM
juggle this naut bioch! Your team lost by 20 points how much Defence you want?

Then I guess that means Milwaukee (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2006042915) has a dominant defense as well, if all it takes is one big game.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I wasn't disputing you, just quoting your post cuz I like the troll comment :lol

After that I was just giving my opinion.

Dallas Troll :hat

http://i2.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/owl_i_seeaa2.jpg

ponky
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
That's the plan. Make sure you guys hold on, beat the _allas Mavericks and book your trip to Detroit for Game 1. I've been looking for this rematch for a full year.

Of course you are, your guys only swept the Spurs this year while we gave you a 37 point ass waxing earlier this season. Anyway, it's easy for Pistons to sit back and talk smack when you're playing the like of the Cavs and Bucks. There is little doubt that the Spurs would beat the Pistons if this rematch occurred.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Of course you are, your guys only swept the Spurs this year while we gave you a 37 point ass waxing earlier this season. Anyway, it's easy for Pistons to sit back and talk smack when you're playing the like of the Cavs and Bucks. There is little doubt that the Spurs would beat the Pistons if this rematch occurred.

ForestBrain
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
dang, trolls are annoying. Why do you have to start threads about your team, in ANOTHER TEAMS' message board? how rude.

phyzik
05-11-2006, 09:58 PM
bottom line.... The Grape Kool-aid will be flowing, the Shower heads will be bolted down securely and the toasters will be sitting next to the bathtubs in all of the neighborhood streets of Dallas by the end of this series. Book it. :fro

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
bottom line.... The Grape Kool-aid will be flowing, the Shower heads will be bolted down securely and the toasters will be sitting next to the bathtubs in all of the neighborhood streets of Dallas by the end of this series. Book it. :fro

Mav fans are in for a rude awakening.

In the Metroplex area, they're talking about how their ready for the clippers or suns.

They've only one 1 game in this series...a long way to go.

Well.......3 losses to to.

DeeBo
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Then I guess that means Milwaukee (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2006042915) has a dominant defense as well, if all it takes is one big game.

WTF does the Bucks have to do with Dallas? we are not talking one hit wonders, Dallas waxed the Spurs by 32 points ealier in the season also.

Or did your taco eating ass forget about that game too? The Mavericks have been holding teams all season long to low scoring. Sports casters and Sports radio /TV hosts have been saying all season long that the Dallas Mavericks have a defence, and your lame Pop loving ass is going to try and put some sort Geraldo Rivera FOX news Spin on this?

Face the Facts The Dallas Mavericks are a new and improved NBA team with a new coach, and a new style of play. they are much better than the Spurs as it shows game after game,.
your team won game one cuz Stacks basket does not drop. Not cuz you beat us. There is a difference. Game two? was an ass waxing not seen since Paris Hilton got ass raped by Puff Daddy, And come Saturday? you and all your wannabe fence riding Spurs fans will wish they never used the word _allas as they beg to be let on the 2006 NBA Championship wagon. the Mighty Mighty Dallas Mavericks

If I was you? I would use the next two days as a chance to go buy some Mavs gear so you don't look like a loser come Sunday morning.

What bike?
http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/976capture_friday02.jpg

MissAllThat
05-12-2006, 12:47 AM

You my friend are a very good poster/fan....much better than most (any?) of the Mavs fans. I really hope we get that rematch in the Finals. Would be a fun one. As for the Mavericks, maybe they have like half a D now, so like hmm well I can't think of a letter that looks like half of a D, but whatever. They play D now sometimes, but definitely not consistently, and I still swear that Dirk's definition of guarding Tim Duncan is to slap his hands around like he's a girl in a cat fight. That's not D, its slapping and he should be called for it.

Islymore
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I am a Mavs fan and I wont say we are defensively great, but we are beginning to play defense. Im not sayin in now way are we near the Piston/Spurs defensive standpoint, but I think credit is due where it is due. They have been playing a little D this year. The reason why they lost game one is bc they were in a shooting slump and our D failed, period - no way should Bowen have been left open for a three. That is what he does and no way should Stack have tried to go for a three either...

I still hold to the thot that Dallas is playing some D, not necessarily the best, but SOME. And I worry bc that SOME may not be enuf...

zeleni
05-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Dallas is one great team. Mavericks are a great franchise.

I hope the best team will win this series.

Big Worm
05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Dallas is one great team. Mavericks are a great franchise.

I hope the best team will win this series.

welcome to the Maverick wagon patna!

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I am a Mavs fan and I wont say we are defensively great, but we are beginning to play defense. Im not sayin in now way are we near the Piston/Spurs defensive standpoint, but I think credit is due where it is due. They have been playing a little D this year. The reason why they lost game one is bc they were in a shooting slump and our D failed, period - no way should Bowen have been left open for a three. That is what he does and no way should Stack have tried to go for a three either...

I still hold to the thot that Dallas is playing some D, not necessarily the best, but SOME. And I worry bc that SOME may not be enuf...

Shank
05-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Where is all this supposed talk in Dallas about playing either the Clippers or Suns? I haven't heard a single peep on that subject.

mouse
05-14-2006, 01:13 AM
1-1

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2006, 01:21 AM
76% 4th quarter OFG%